Celtic appeal the Yang red card. (appeal dismissed)

John Findlay

Fxxx the SPFL
7 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Robertson has got form with Hearts.  Looked scunnered when VAR kept pointing out his bias.

Remember his sending off of Shankland for a no contact "foul" v Hibs.  The new Derek Prime.

And disallowed a perfectly good goal by Berra up at East Fife late in the game 

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Ricardo Quaresma
12 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Robertson has got form with Hearts.  Looked scunnered when VAR kept pointing out his bias.

Remember his sending off of Shankland for a no contact "foul" v Hibs.  The new Derek Prime.

3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

And disallowed a perfectly good goal by Berra up at East Fife late in the game 

I'll dig out his stats later; I wonder if they're worse the alan muir's, I dug them up after RC at home, after the ridiculous yellow for Forrest fiasco

Corstorphine Jambo

Not quite on topic, and apologies if it’s been mentioned before, but Sunday was the first league penalty Celtic have conceded this season. Even Rangers have conceded more!

If you’d just arrived from another planet and were reading the news, you’d be forgiven for thinking Brenda was angry as they’re always getting “soft” penalties awarded against them. 

manaliveits105

Shoogly peg Brenda trying to save her job by distracting their thick fans - look over there ! 

Big Drew

Neil McCann on Slaverscene said he didn't think it was a red card - "aye right then Neil - how to make a dick of yourself son eh?"

Edited by Big Drew
typo

5 hours ago, Russ1977 said:

Dermot gallagher on ref watch on sky reckoned their pen wasn’t a pen, the red card was a red and he even said he thought our pen was harsh but they’d been giving them all season for the same thing so he understood why it was awarded. Basically we where the ones hard done by not Celtic 

Shock horror. Their pen was a complete dumpster fire of a decision, and the Kyogo one last time they were at Tynecastle was even worse. 

VAR should be stepping in because a penalty that is not a penalty is as clear and obvious an error as you'll see. Whereas instead, we have Collum using VAR to change referees already correct decisions. 

Gallagher on Sky summed it pretty succinctly.  If you kick a player in the face when he's standing upright, it's dangerous play and a a red card.  Even if he hadn't made contact with Cochrane it should still be a red as going in with your foot at that height is still endangering an opponent.

I expect the appeal to be turned down and Rodgers to be punished for his post-match comments.  

Sherbet
22 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Gallagher on Sky summed it pretty succinctly.  If you kick a player in the face when he's standing upright, it's dangerous play and a a red card.  Even if he hadn't made contact with Cochrane it should still be a red as going in with your foot at that height is still endangering an opponent.

I expect the appeal to be turned down and Rodgers to be punished for his post-match comments.  

I expect the opposite!!

Sherbet
2 hours ago, RobNox said:

Hope dermott knows a good glazier

Brick Tamland

I am loving the snotters and tears we have inflicted on Celtic, their fans, Brenda and Joe the prick Hart. 
There is no way the appeal will be upheld, it’s a straight red and hopefully that will inflict more tears and snotters on them and the player will receive a longer ban.
Lovely stuff if that happens. 
Roond ye ya terrorist sympathising, soap dodging, victim mentality, cheating, tampering, manky, whanks. 

heartyhub

I really don’t know how anyone can watch that challenge and think it’s not a red. Look at wangs standing foot it’s off the ground he’s out of control and that’s a karate kick to Cochranes face. How the ref gave it as a yellow at first is laughable.

Turkishcap

Funny how both cheeks lose and lenny and souness moaning in press re var. 

Ricardo Quaresma
5 hours ago, RobNox said:

Gallagher on Sky summed it pretty succinctly.  If you kick a player in the face when he's standing upright, it's dangerous play and a a red cardEven if he hadn't made contact with Cochrane it should still be a red as going in with your foot at that height is still endangering an opponent.

True

Expect brenda 2 match ban; if they shit it, that will be suspended

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

Bazzas right boot

I think the rule is shite. 

The St mirren boy and the celtic guy where just Trying  the reach the ball and the other player got their first, neither was hurt and although clearly high, a yellow and fk imo should be the outcome. 

However,  under the rules it's a red card. 

The rules now in football are getting a bit ridiculous,  no more so than the handball rule.  

The fact that the big tanned, greetin face leather skinned,  V looking alien twat never called out his own pk as an actual foul on Cochrane and was 100% for the St Mirren guy being sent off is unbelievable.

The outrage has only one agenda, to pressurise the referees in future games and appease their fans. 

Will he be called out for the hypocrisy and being a dick by the media?

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, heartyhub said:

I really don’t know how anyone can watch that challenge and think it’s not a red. Look at wangs standing foot it’s off the ground he’s out of control and that’s a karate kick to Cochranes face. How the ref gave it as a yellow at first is laughable.

Tbh, it is a red, but imo he's trying to **** a bouncing ball that is high in the air. He's late and misses it.

For karate kick see Holland v Spain.

I also think the St mirren one should be a yellow.

But under the rules, both are reds.

Jim Panzee
13 hours ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Remember the who ha every time mad vlad called out the glesca refs media and the sfa monkeys when we were shafted yet they pair moan about decisions which if it was other way they wouldn't say word. First Rangers moaning about handball v killie when how many times did goldson handle it last season and this with nothing given. Now sellick and brenda moaning about red card only weeks after he agreed st mirren player had to go for similar. Still looks to me that it hit off celtic guy arm and hit other tim player hand for pen and we all know if they had got similar they would say unlucky. Then stv brings on lenny and I am sure he will be really impartial with his opinion bitter wee twat. Now Rangers moaning again over not getting a red for mwell player on mccausland cos they got beat. Boohoo they don't like it up them capn mainwaring do they.

please....please....in the name and glory of god. Use paragraphs. Hit the return key. please 😆  please....please....in the name and glory of god. Use paragraphs. Hit the return key. please 😆  please....please....in the name and glory of god. Use paragraphs. Hit the return key. please 😆  please....please....in the name and glory of god. Use paragraphs. Hit the return key. please 😆  please....please....in the name and glory of god. Use paragraphs. Hit the return key. please 😆  please....please....in the name and glory of god. Use paragraphs. Hit the return key. please 😆  please....please....in the name and glory of god. Use paragraphs. Hit the return key. please 😆  please....please....in the name and glory of god. Use paragraphs. Hit the return key. please 😆  please....please....in the name and glory of god. Use paragraphs. Hit the return key. please 😆  please....please....in the name and glory of god. Use paragraphs. Hit the return key. please 😆  please....please....in the name and glory of god. Use paragraphs. Hit the return key. please 😆  please....please....in the name and glory of god. Use paragraphs. Hit the return key. please 😆  

section s heart
6 hours ago, RobNox said:

Agree with all that. 

To take away any anti arse cheek/ anti Hibs type bias, I tend to look at that type of incident along these lines ie if one of our players did the high kick, you'd be justifiably waiting for the red, and questioning why the hell he felt the need to make the challenge in the first place. 

12 hours ago, Brave Hearts said:

Precedent set and consistency achieved with this incident.

Which Brenda believes and confirms is the correct outcome.

Toyosi Olusanya Celtic red card splits the pundits as Chris Sutton defends  striker who almost 'took Joe Hart's head off' - Daily Record

Source Brendan Rodgers in blunt Celtic red card response as Joe Hart 'stud to the eye' sees boss deliver clear VAR verdict - Daily Record

Blunt Brendan Rodgers was in no doubt over whether Toyosi Olusanya's sending off for St Mirren should have been a red card.

Rodgers felt a 'stud to the eye' clearly merited the sending-off.

He said after the game: "The guy's not meaning to do it, but of course if you're taking a stud in the eye, it's dangerous play. It was clearly a red card.

"I don't think there was much doubt over why they were waiting (on the VAR decision). Clearly, we could see it on the screen here. We were kept fully aware, so unfortunate for St Mirren, but the right decision was the outcome."

Looking at the at still image above Yangs sending off is much more dangrous.  Olusanya has one foot on the ground and Hart is stooping to punch the ball away. Yang on the other hand was jumping with a high boot. 

CostaJambo

Anyone have a stat for red cards for and against in Celtic league games this season?

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

Just a question of which dinosaurs that don’t know the laws of the game they were going to roll out. 

Fozzyonthefence
12 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Anyone have a stat for red cards for and against in Celtic league games this season?

I don’t for red cards but that was the first penalty awarded against them in the league (and iirc they’ve received the most).  And there lies the problem - they’re far too used to getting decisions their own way.  

It was the same when Rangers conceded their first league penalty in the VAR era recently.  Demanding answers even though they won the game.  The entitlement from these two is off the chart. 

Big Drew
7 hours ago, RobNox said:

I agree about their appeal needing to be completely turned down and Rodgers getting further punishment for his stupid comments. My concern here though is that it's the corrupt GFA at work here - Hoping to be plesantly surprised though....

Big Drew
3 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

No like Souness to talk shite in that  "I know it all voice"? He should shut his mooth as we know he removed all doubt about his lack of commonsense long ago.

boag1874

I can almost get what they’re saying regarding a lack of force with the red card but it’s still a red. He’s seen Cochrane running to close him down, panicked and tried to flick the ball away but he’s left it too late and made an arse of it completely, recklessly endangering Cochrane who’s unable to change course so late on

Weebroon98

anything to deflect how far the team has digressed under brenda.

This reeks of a frivalous appeal, so I expect Yang will get an extra game added right? 

"They've raised serious concerns." 

😀

If you watch the full match, Don Robertson has favoured Celtic.   

He's missed a studs on foot challenge on Beni.   Could have sent off Johnston for his challenge on Tait, not a high challenge but endangered the safety of the player with his tumbled landing. 

His obvious foul on Cochrane for the penalty.   Only giving a yellow for a dangerous challenge on Cochrane. 

There was a foul on Rowles, no foul given,  a second later, the same kind of  foul on a Celtic player is given against Cochrane.   😜 

Rogers should be pulled up for this or Celtic, and Yang should get an extra ban.   

The appeal panel, if they understand the rules, should see sense.  If not, the whole thing is ****ed.   You can't go against the rules. 

Edited by HMFC01

Nookie Bear

The thing is, their concerns with VAR are nothig to do with the sending off on Sunday, it's to do with rangers seemingly getting away with the same thing.

Someone (on Twitter?) mentioned an incident in the Ross County v St Mirren game. Do they honestly think anyone from the old firm will have even been aware that match was played, let alone see nay controversial decisions? Nah, their only concept of fairness is how it measures against their old firm rivals.

Even after Sunady there has been no animosity from celtic fans towards Hearts, it is all about rangers.

2 hours ago, section s heart said:

Agree with all that. 

To take away any anti arse cheek/ anti Hibs type bias, I tend to look at that type of incident along these lines ie if one of our players did the high kick, you'd be justifiably waiting for the red, and questioning why the hell he felt the need to make the challenge in the first place. 

You mean like Cochranes Red card against the victims last season.....anyone got footage of that one? 

teamof1958

Hope Rodgers gets a charge drawn up against him, he deserves it.

Small minded bitter little man trying to blame the match officials for Celtic's defeat. It's called bringing the game into disrepute. 

Fed up also of pundits disagreeing with VAR decisions, that's not their job. These decisions are the responsibility of the match officials and nobody else. 

Not one single mention either from anyone in the Celtic camp, giving Hearts any type of credit for their win. 

7 minutes ago, teamof1958 said:

Small minded bitter little man trying to blame the match officials for Celtic's defeat. It's called bringing the game into disrepute. 

Fed up also of pundits disagreeing with VAR decisions, that's not their job. These decisions are the responsibility of the match officials and nobody else. 

Not one single mention either from anyone in the Celtic camp, giving Hearts any type of credit for their win. 

Totally this . That is three times Hearts have beaten his Celtic teams in the last few years and I do not remember him giving us credit once . The grass was too long the first time and he was cheated by John Beaton this time . Maybe gave us credit for the 0-2 earlier in the season but I missed it

Jamb04life

This is a problem in Scotland; whenever a decision goes against Rangers or Celtic, they make a massive deal out of it, as well as the media. They are not used to decisions going against them because of the bias towards both clubs over a number of years. 

Rangers and Celtic have now called out individual officials and wrote to the SFA to complain about the standard of refereeing in matches. 

What seems to be forgotten is that the officiating in this country is equally bad for each club. I didn’t see Hearts complaining to the SFA when Boyce and Forrest didn’t get their penalties earlier in the season when they were stonewallers. I also don’t remember the media giving a hoot either. 

This is an opportunity for the SFA to stand up to Celtic. The penalty they got to start with was a shocker and if they scored, it would’ve been a completely different game; I bet this incident has been flagged up in their complaint to the SFA…

RustyRightPeg
47 minutes ago, teamof1958 said:

Listened to Open Goal last night and they were the same. More of a Celtic actually played well with ten and Hearts looked uncomfortable etc. Even Halliday...said we looked better against 11. Guy was sent off after like 13 minutes. How could he come to that conclusion 😂 

Celtic had a goal chopped off, but Idah was 3 yards offside. Other than that, Zander made routine saves and we looked so so comfy for the full game. Easily the most relaxed I've ever been watching us against them.

Wee Mikey
59 minutes ago, teamof1958 said:

As per usual.

waterboy11
12 hours ago, Big Drew said:

Neil McCann on Slaverscene said he didn't think it was a red card - "aye right then Neil - how to make a dick of yourself son eh?"

Generally Neil McCann has been very good with his analysis on Sportscene - often calling out when old firm pundits have been bias. But he did get that very very wrong this time 

waterboy11

Listened to that as well - and fair play to Halliday (the only current player) saying it was a red card. The rest making excuses saying it's not. It's reckless and dangerous, intent doesn't matter 

Wee Mikey
52 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Totally this . That is three times Hearts have beaten his Celtic teams in the last few years and I do not remember him giving us credit once . The grass was too long the first time and he was cheated by John Beaton this time . Maybe gave us credit for the 0-2 earlier in the season but I missed it

Aye, not only did you miss it, but Brenda held his hands up and praised Hearts for their well deserved Celtic Park victory all be it with caveats.

Quote:-

"Hearts were the better team, they played exeptionally well and and were deserved winners on the night.

We were well off the pace in spite of our multi-million pound stars and it reflects badly on myself as I'm such a brilliant manager.

Well done Hearts, but see when we come to Tynie? We'll right that wrong and win by a margin. Hearts beating Celtic back-to-back in the league? Don't make me laugh!

No clean sheet for Hearts at Tynecastle. They're simply not good enough to withstand our onslaught over 180 minutes game time. Apart from anything else, our 'keeper Hart is 'head & shoulders above that imposter Clark."

FACT! ☝️

Wee Mikey
14 minutes ago, waterboy11 said:

Generally Neil McCann has been very good with his analysis on Sportscene - often calling out when old firm pundits have been bias. But he did get that very very wrong this time 

McCann's brain must surely have been fuddled.

Within that wee interview he even said himself that the high boot, studs up challenge was, in his words. 'Reckless'.

He was, for whatever reason, bending over backwards to downplay it.

Wee Mikey
31 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Listened to Open Goal last night and they were the same. More of a Celtic actually played well with ten and Hearts looked uncomfortable etc. Even Halliday...said we looked better against 11. Guy was sent off after like 13 minutes. How could he come to that conclusion 😂 

Celtic had a goal chopped off, but Idah was 3 yards offside. Other than that, Zander made routine saves and we looked so so comfy for the full game. Easily the most relaxed I've ever been watching us against them.

The STV 'report' re-Celtic's appeal?

OMG!!!

Anyone who hadn't witnessed the match could be forgiven for thinking that Celtic had indeed been hard done by and were trying to right an obvious wrong.

They rolled out Lennon and Souness who were casting aspertions right, left, and centre.

No attempt at a balanced assessment; but simply 'towing the line'.

It shouldn't even have made the telly as so-called 'news', in my opinion.

Unless I missed it there was nowt mentioned previously about Shankland dodging a blade amongst a hail of thrown objects ... surely more newsworthy by a long, long way.

Such as it ever was!

SectionDJambo
41 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

The STV 'report' re-Celtic's appeal?

OMG!!!

Anyone who hadn't witnessed the match could be forgiven for thinking that Celtic had indeed been hard done by and were trying to right an obvious wrong.

They rolled out Lennon and Souness who were casting aspertions right, left, and centre.

No attempt at a balanced assessment; but simply 'towing the line'.

It shouldn't even have made the telly as so-called 'news', in my opinion.

Unless I missed it there was nowt mentioned previously about Shankland dodging a blade amongst a hail of thrown objects ... surely more newsworthy by a long, long way.

Such as it ever was!

I watched my recording of the Sky coverage and they did spend a few minutes on Lawrence Shankland and the objects thrown at him during the Hibs game. They went so far as to suggest that it would be no surprise if Hearts cut Hibs' allocation as a result.

1 hour ago, waterboy11 said:

Yeah. Neil is usually spot on. No idea how he came to that conclusion. 

vegas-voss

13 hours ago, Big Drew said:

Pundits need to stop with the not for me shit especially when they follow up with but that's the rules now.

Biffa Bacon
6 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

Whilst being sponsored to sell the TV cup games on Viaplay to the OF hordes at the same time.

This is that rarest of occasions when you can say, Celtic are appealing.

Basically Brenda trying to ingratiate himself with the fans who didn't want him back.

busbyfth

Everyones against us - I'd better get all our fans onside so if I deflect and blame officials, nobody will notice Im doing a **** job. (says the bloke who conveniently forgets that their penalty was NEVER a penalty) Total VV4nker

2016_2_28-Circle-the-Wagons.jpgc

busbyfth

Everyones against us - I'd better get all our fans onside so if I deflect and blame officials, nobody will notice Im doing a **** job. (says the bloke who conveniently forgets that their penalty was NEVER a penalty) Total VV4nker

2016_2_28-Circle-the-Wagons.jpgc

Wee Mikey
19 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I watched my recording of the Sky coverage and they did spend a few minutes on Lawrence Shankland and the objects thrown at him during the Hibs game. They went so far as to suggest that it would be no surprise if Hearts cut Hibs' allocation as a result.

Perhaps Sky will now realise that the Edinburgh derby is the match they should be aiming for rather than some 2nd rate away Celtic or The Rangers game.

BangkokHearts
2 hours ago, Jamb04life said:

I didn’t see Hearts complaining to the SFA when Boyce and Forrest didn’t get their penalties earlier in the season when they were stonewallers. I also don’t remember the media giving a hoot either. 

Both these incidents have been recognised as VAR mistakes by the SFA.

Wee Mikey
59 minutes ago, BangkokHearts said:

Both these incidents have been recognised as VAR mistakes by the SFA.

Too little, too late?

Is that kinda like whereby a team, say Hearts, get done by a wrong call and it's the next match when some other club benefits?

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Celtic appeal the Yang red card. (appeal dismissed)