Celtic appeal the Yang red card. (appeal dismissed)

John Findlay

John Findlay

They also raise serious VAR concerns.

Which will be, why didn't we get the decisions.

Screenshot_20240304-171246~2.png

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Russ1977

Dermot gallagher on ref watch on sky reckoned their pen wasn’t a pen, the red card was a red and he even said he thought our pen was harsh but they’d been giving them all season for the same thing so he understood why it was awarded. Basically we where the ones hard done by not Celtic 

Doc Rob

You have got to be bloody joking. If you’re playing for any team other than Celtic or Rangers* and you kick another player in the face, whether accidentally or not, it’s a nailed on red card. If you’re playing against an OF side, the ref won’t be able to get the red card out of his pocket fast enough.

That Celtic think different rules should apply to them just reeks of entitlement.

EDIT: of course, they will probably get a grovelling apology.

Edited by Doc Rob

Oda be a JT

Is this one of situations where the players ban can be increased?

Like a school kid running to mummy

GIRFUY’s

No Idle Talk

Unbelievable. Just when you think nothing that lot do can shock you anymore, they go and prove you wrong. 

Victorian

By and large,  all the other clubs and managers are fairly responsible when it comes to the ups & downs of decisions.  The odd manager will have a moan here and there.  It's probably an acceptance that they even out over time (depending on opponents),  but also that they are better served by respecting officials and avoiding becoming a regular critic and any poor treatment resulting from that.

The two clubs are very different.  The match deciding calls against them are rarer and they aren't prepared for it.  They probably assume that they are being disadvantaged in comparison to the other one.  They probably don't recognise that a comparison with all clubs provides a better perspective.  As a result,  they default to a position that shouting the loudest  will prevent a repeat and maybe influence officials to indulge in some evening up.

I think the crucial part is that they are in perpetual competition vs one club.  It stands to reason that they view decision making in those binary terms.

Cameronstheman

No real shock from that shower  ''Its injustice'' Reminds mf of this little cracker  from when i was a nipper 

th?id=OIP.h5Ul_ZYTPRzhd4Lfz7YwwQHaHa&w=2

Edited by Cameronstheman

20 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Dermot gallagher on ref watch on sky reckoned their pen wasn’t a pen, the red card was a red and he even said he thought our pen was harsh but they’d been giving them all season for the same thing so he understood why it was awarded. Basically we where the ones hard done by not Celtic 

Sounds about right to me.  Cheers for posting that.  I  keep missing that program.  

Well that's that cleared up.   

Further match ban and a Rodgers meltdown. 

Pilmuir

Can’t see the red card being overturned but it’s obvious that Celtic are ramping up the rhetoric to put pressure on officials. Sounds like the refs association is calling them out though.

Watt-Zeefuik

Give him a second suspension for spurious appeal.

Ex member of the SaS

Time for another ref strike. First Scevo now Celtic, so who are they going to get to ref their games if they don't want any of the current crop. These entitle bar stewards need brought down a peg or two. Time for the rest to get together and form a new league away from the bigot twins.

They can't understand they were beaten by the better team on the day. We took our chances they fluffed theirs.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

jock _turd

Celtic are in bother... not because of the way their games are being reff'ed but because of the way they are being managed maybe ? In all honesty if SN had come out with half of what Brenda has he would be getting a summons from the SFA to explain his remarks. I reckon Brenda will be getting a servile appology from them. It is just sooo bad when a team lose a game and have to come up with this sort of nonsense it reeks of desparation on their part.

Don Robertson should the one be questioned not VAR.

He couldn't wait to give them their penalty even though there was a clear barge into the back of Cochrane.

Only giving a yellow for a full boot of studs to the face at head height.

Missing a double handball.

Don Robertson is up there with some of the worst refs we have. Thankfully VAR highlighted how bad he is.

We could have also seen the chance Celtic not being called offside for their goal before we had VAR.

Every goal against them and the other cheek will be checked meticulously for any reason for it to be chopped off while there will be no such inspection when they score.

How many handball VAR pens have the both been given compared to ones against them.

Robertson gave them plenty 50/50s and soft fouls.

Edited by jackal

Bonnie Prince Charlie

Superscoreboard on Clyde soon, should be comedy gold

Only Celtic!! Boys studs up to a height of around 5 and a half feet and makes contact with player and it’s not dangerous play. ******s!

SectionDJambo

They're putting pressure on the referees to treat them favourably for the rest of the season.  As if they didn't already benefit from favourable decisions.

The only problem they have is that Rangers will do the same.

Wee Mikey

STV News having a mention of it shortly.

I wonder if they'll show any incidents or make any reasoned comment re-Brenda.

AndrewB
19 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

No real shock from that shower  ''Its injustice'' Reminds mf of this little cracker  from when i was a nipper 

th?id=OIP.h5Ul_ZYTPRzhd4Lfz7YwwQHaHa&w=2

Calimero !!!!

Bindy Badgy
11 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Give him a second suspension for spurious appeal.

Am I correct in saying that extra matches can be added on for this? I think they started doing that as loads of clubs, including Hearts, were putting in appeals they knew they would lose to make sure players were available for certain matches.

Cameronstheman
Just now, AndrewB said:

Calimero !!!!

Correct and a little runt to some in the cartoon , how apt

Des Lynam

Classic deflection tactics from Rodgers. He knows the majority of the stupid celtic support will buy it. 

Wee Mikey

Actually, the very fact that they get this mentioned on TV doesn't sit well with me.

Where was the highlighting of the plethora of missiles including yon blade open waiter's friend that Shankland dodged?

Priorities, eh?

Watt-Zeefuik
5 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Am I correct in saying that extra matches can be added on for this? I think they started doing that as loads of clubs, including Hearts, were putting in appeals they knew they would lose to make sure players were available for certain matches.

They can. Am I going to hold my breath that they do? No I am not, but they should.

You put studs in the face of another player who's standing up straight, you get a red card and shut up about it.

vegas-voss

Raise serious VAR concerns is it only them and Rangers that are allowed to do this or is it only them that make headlines doing it.

vegas-voss
29 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

Can’t see the red card being overturned but it’s obvious that Celtic are ramping up the rhetoric to put pressure on officials. Sounds like the refs association is calling them out though.

Remember last season as well when big Ange wasn't happy went bleating to the press and low and behold hardly a decision against Celtic after it.

robroy1874

Scumbags when they win, even worse when they lose. 

HMFC 86

So, their manager calls out a specific referee, claims incompetence, pundits support some of their claims, Celtic minded media support these claims by keeping the narrative going, Celtic the club complain. Will the SFA put a disrepute charge out to Rodgers or the club? Doubtful

Now imagine the roles are reversed, to be honest even if the decisions were shocking we wouldn’t get much/any support from the pundits and there would certainly be nothing in the media to continue things and ramp the pressure. If our manager said similar to Rodgers, and our club raised a complaint, they/we would be hammered by the media and SFA.

It sickens me how bent and biased the game is in this country

jamboozy

The SFA should just invite in a foreign referee for their games and ask for a Eufa representative to be present at it to witness the vileness of their collective supporters.

Deso1972

Bitter,  entitled, greeting faced arseholes... loving it that they are playing their go to victim card for all to see...hope the SFA respond like they would to any non-OF club.. it won't happen but we can live in hope.

He had his studs head height and he made contact with our player . Hopefully common sense wins and they are told to **** off and stop whining 

Ccjambo1874

Superscoreboard is a fine listen this evening 

Der Kaiser

I'd like to formally wish them all the best in their endeavours........

A_A wehatethehibs

Can the ban get increased for a spurious appeal? 

colinmorewasgash

Remember the who ha every time mad vlad called out the glesca refs media and the sfa monkeys when we were shafted yet they pair moan about decisions which if it was other way they wouldn't say word. First Rangers moaning about handball v killie when how many times did goldson handle it last season and this with nothing given. Now sellick and brenda moaning about red card only weeks after he agreed st mirren player had to go for similar. Still looks to me that it hit off celtic guy arm and hit other tim player hand for pen and we all know if they had got similar they would say unlucky. Then stv brings on lenny and I am sure he will be really impartial with his opinion bitter wee twat. Now Rangers moaning again over not getting a red for mwell player on mccausland cos they got beat. Boohoo they don't like it up them capn mainwaring do they.

Edited by colinmorewasgash
Miss word

the posh bit

Think this more about Beaton, which is fine with me tbh. 

Piss myself if there is some rule that would allow them to upgrade that Gollum looking **** they have at RBs yellow to a straight red. 

Bunny Munro

How very Rangers of them.

Hopefully the ban is extended (as it should be) and the good girl Brenda is hauled up for his comments.

Shooter McGavin

Is there a worse loser in world football than Celtic football club? 

Toys out the pram every single time:rofl:

highlandjambo3

Those brown envelopes will need to be fattened up a bit before the meeting takes place.

Buster HMFC

What's their defence. "His studs where only 6ft in the air"

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Celtic appeal the Yang red card. (appeal dismissed)