Celtic appeal the Yang red card. (appeal dismissed)

John Findlay

Dallas Green

Has any reporter not brought up his complete hypocrisy regarding his comments of the St. Mirren red card?

Listening to, I think, Brian McLaughlin after the match interview BR, Brian was playing into BR's narrative that big bad VAR was an issue. Pathetic.

Shitebags the lot of them if they haven't. 

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

3 hours ago, Jamb04life said:

This is a problem in Scotland; whenever a decision goes against Rangers or Celtic, they make a massive deal out of it, as well as the media. They are not used to decisions going against them because of the bias towards both clubs over a number of years. 

Rangers and Celtic have now called out individual officials and wrote to the SFA to complain about the standard of refereeing in matches. 

What seems to be forgotten is that the officiating in this country is equally bad for each club. I didn’t see Hearts complaining to the SFA when Boyce and Forrest didn’t get their penalties earlier in the season when they were stonewallers. I also don’t remember the media giving a hoot either. 

This is an opportunity for the SFA to stand up to Celtic. The penalty they got to start with was a shocker and if they scored, it would’ve been a completely different game; I bet this incident has been flagged up in their complaint to the SFA…

See THIS is actually the problem, they are so used to getting all the decisions, so used to getting dodgy penalties their way, so used to opponents getting soft reds, getting the 50/50 calls in their favour and patronising the "wee diddy clubs" by telling us that it all evens out in the end (even when it doesn't) and that they get more decisions because "we are attacking more" absolutely oblivious to the facts that rules are supposed to be applied without fear or favour to any club.

They get their way so much, so often that they fly into absolute outrage when things start to 'even up' and one or two decisions go against them. They are like petulant children throwing a tantrum because they have always got their way but for once they were told no.

Every foul committed by them immediately becomes whatabootery, it's simply doesn't register that they can be wrong....ever! It's got to be an endemic, systemic, whole system conspiracy against them

Rangers fans are exactly the same by the way! 

Yes there will be one or two sensible, moderate fans who can acknowledge the truth before them...but it's impossible to hear them over the baying mob of morons

Brendan Rogers should be called up for bringing the game into disrepute, He is embarrassing:
image.png.7baa31546372aae4482799a9552571b9.png

Would love to hear his answer about why one is a red and the other is not.

Edited by H2

37 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

There's the rule, in all its glory.

The last sentence cannot be argued.D25C905E-8081-4374-8BCA-B7715A4E2FBD.thumb.jpeg.bed1c9c6b24d2b9e0e94871d8acf946e.jpeg

There's nothing more dangerous than a kick/wack in the head. That is why the game stops when a head clash takes place. Look at Rugby for example how serious the issue is. It's automatically red. It's no excuse to say "I didn't mean it". You have to be aware  of players around you and take personal responsibility for your actions. We all accept that a high studs potential leg breaking tackle is a sending off whether or not it's just miss timed . But that won't kill you but a kick to the head might. God forbid a few inches more and it could have been a boot under the chin. The reckless regard for player safety from Celtic by appealing the sending off is disgusting. They should  have the book thrown at them.  Anything less and the SFA/SPL will have a lot to answer for if next time somebody get seriously injured. This is so high  profile that players need to be aware that a high boot near another player will most likely get you sent off. End of, no debate.

Watt-Zeefuik
8 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I think the rule is shite. 

The St mirren boy and the celtic guy where just Trying  the reach the ball and the other player got their first, neither was hurt and although clearly high, a yellow and fk imo should be the outcome. 

However,  under the rules it's a red card. 

The rules now in football are getting a bit ridiculous,  no more so than the handball rule.  

The fact that the big tanned, greetin face leather skinned,  V looking alien twat never called out his own pk as an actual foul on Cochrane and was 100% for the St Mirren guy being sent off is unbelievable.

The outrage has only one agenda, to pressurise the referees in future games and appease their fans. 

Will he be called out for the hypocrisy and being a dick by the media?

Don't be absurd. When I was playing youth rec league 40 years ago they made it very clear that a high kick near someone's face was a red card. Nothing's changed.

section s heart
26 minutes ago, Texaco said:

There's nothing more dangerous than a kick/wack in the head. That is why the game stops when a head clash takes place. Look at Rugby for example how serious the issue is. It's automatically red. It's no excuse to say "I didn't mean it". You have to be aware  of players around you and take personal responsibility for your actions. We all accept that a high studs potential leg breaking tackle is a sending off whether or not it's just miss timed . But that won't kill you but a kick to the head might. God forbid a few inches more and it could have been a boot under the chin. The reckless regard for player safety from Celtic by appealing the sending off is disgusting. They should  have the book thrown at them.  Anything less and the SFA/SPL will have a lot to answer for if next time somebody get seriously injured. This is so high  profile that players need to be aware that a high boot near another player will most likely get you sent off. End of, no debate.

Agree. Pretty sure Yang didn't mean it, but a leg raised 12 inches off the ground is a broken leg/ knee/ ankle risk and a red all day long, so you'd think a head high kick is going to be a bit hard to justify. 

Despite Celtic's clout, highly unlikely the SFA aren't going to back Beaton and Robertson. 

Bazzas right boot
45 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Don't be absurd. When I was playing youth rec league 40 years ago they made it very clear that a high kick near someone's face was a red card. Nothing's changed.

Nah, Often a booking back in the day. Always a foul,  but to get sent off it was  generally a Schumacher type assault.

If you want up and kicked someone in the face you'd be sent off, but if the ball was there to be won it wasn't always a red card. The ball positioning and attempting to play it mattered back then, not now.

Ofc, the rules have changed and most yellow cards back then are now red.

It's always been a foul, but it was never always a  red card.

it is now though. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

On 04/03/2024 at 17:15, John Findlay said:

They also raise serious VAR concerns.

Which will be, why didn't we get the decisions.

Screenshot_20240304-171246~2.png

I saw that yesterday. Can't believe the audacity. Well I can. Horrible institution. 

SectionDJambo
5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nah, Often a booking back in the day. Always a foul,  but to get sent off it was  generally a Schumacher type assault.

If you want up and kicked someone in the face you'd be sent off, but if the ball was there to be won it wasn't always a red card. The ball positioning and attempting to play it mattered back then, not now.

it is now though. 

Jose Goncalves was sent off playing for Hearts, years ago, for similar to Sunday's incident. No uproar in the media about it, that I can remember.

Japan Jambo
5 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Listened to Open Goal last night and they were the same. More of a Celtic actually played well with ten and Hearts looked uncomfortable etc. Even Halliday...said we looked better against 11. Guy was sent off after like 13 minutes. How could he come to that conclusion 😂 

Celtic had a goal chopped off, but Idah was 3 yards offside. Other than that, Zander made routine saves and we looked so so comfy for the full game. Easily the most relaxed I've ever been watching us against them.

t'was an OF love in as usual. No pretence of any objectivity.

Watt-Zeefuik
4 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Jose Goncalves was sent off playing for Hearts, years ago, for similar to Sunday's incident. No uproar in the media about it, that I can remember.

Yeah I'm not denying that some refs or associations took the "aw he didnae mean it" approach, particularly in the 90s and aughts, but IMO the way the rule was originally intended and the way it should be enforced is that intent to harm only should only come up in terms of extending suspensions and issuing fines or bans. Players have the responsibility to not recklessly endanger other players, which is why things like the "studs up" rule are now enforced.

A high kick is not a normal part of the game that players are constantly making. If you're going to go for a high kick, you have the responsibility to make sure you're not near another player. If there's another player nearby, don't go for a high kick.

Watt-Zeefuik

Have to say, though, I do feel for Celtic and Rangers in the VAR era. In the past, they've only had to stir up their fans and media toadies to intimidate one ref per match. Now they have to make sure they keep the ref and the VAR in line.

Rodgers clearly had Robertson in his pocket, but forgot to send the proper payments and intimidating letters to Beaton. Must be tough for him.

highlandjambo3
On 04/03/2024 at 17:15, John Findlay said:

They also raise serious VAR concerns.

Which will be, why didn't we get the decisions.

Screenshot_20240304-171246~2.png

See if Celtic had won that game do you think the report would have said Hearts lost?  Course it wouldn’t it would have been Celtic won……boils my urine 🤬🤬

Birregrande
3 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Have to say, though, I do feel for Celtic and Rangers in the VAR era. In the past, they've only had to stir up their fans and media toadies to intimidate one ref per match. Now they have to make sure they keep the ref and the VAR in line.

Rodgers clearly had Robertson in his pocket, but forgot to send the proper payments and intimidating letters to Beaton. Must be tough for him.

:greatpost:

Mikey1874
47 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

it is now though. 

Changed the kick to the head being a red card after this.

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Yip,  tbe best thing is the St Mirren game quote, just shows he Bull shitting. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Changed the kick to the head being a red card after this.

Yeah,  it's quite recent, certainly not 40 years ago.

There was 2 in that game iirc!

tiger Rudi
29 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Agreed, it was Robertson who was anti Hearts. Gave their penalty without a second thought,(was it even reviewed by VAR?) issued a yellow card in the sending off incident, before closing his eyes for the double handball, giving us nowt. 

Without VAR we would have got the Shankland offside goal and nothing else. 

Thankfully VAR got involved in the two incidents that really mattered. The sending off and our penalty. For once VAR correctly went in our favour. 

tiger Rudi

Hope the appeal is thrown out and the ban/fine is increased. Rodgers is then brought to heel regarding his post match comments and found guilty of bringing the game into disrepute. 

HeartsandonlyHearts

Cowardly scum bags.

Have they ever lost a game in the last 40 years when the opposition was just better?

They really are annoying as ****.

BelgeJambo

FIFA really need to introduce some discipline towards protecting referees.

Stop players surrounding referees

Clamp down on verbal abuse

Captains only approaching the referee 

Better Communications between Referee and Var.

Rugby really have this sorted and it’s refreshing to hear the Referee conversation with TMO during televised games.  Recently watched the Six Nations documentary on Netflix and it was eye opening. England Captain tried to get shitty with the ref at half time and he was quickly told to get on his bike.

Blue Cards are not the way forward for sure, but turn yellows into sin bin offences, would make some of these over paid prima Donna’s thinking they can play Billy big baws and get away with it.  Your Goldsons, Scot Brown(Captain I know) Johnson, Shinnie etc etc

Hearts_fan

Rodgers said the high foot might look bad if you freeze framed it.

Try watching it at normal speed, Brendan.

What an absolute embarrassment that club is. 

Edited by Hearts_fan

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Texaco said:

Exactly 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Rodgers said the high foot might look bad if you freeze framed it.

Try watching it at normal speed, Brendan.

What an absolute embarrassment that club is. 

He also said Cochranes head was down, which it wasn’t. They froze the picture to show where the contact takes place.

Watt-Zeefuik
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He also said Cochranes head was down, which it wasn’t. They froze the picture to show where the contact takes place.

Yeah it's one thing for Rodgers to say all that in a huff in the post-match interview. But as Lenny himself said, that's one thing, but before submitting this horseshit claim to the SFA he should have gone to bed, gotten up, had his morning tea and sat down and watched the footage in the cold light of morning and said, "f--- me, that's a red card" and meekly issued a short written apology and got on with it.

No Idle Talk

Between Brendan Rodgers, Neil Lennon, Chris Sutton, any other spunk bubble who has ever pulled on a Celtic strip, and my Facebook feed, I am getting increasingly irate about the amount of whingeing these *******s are doing. It's even more annoying seeing the likes of Neil McCann going in to bat for them. 

ALL of the talk is about the red card and the penalty we got. Their non penalty is just completely glossed over. Only Steven Naismith and perhaps Kris Boyd have referenced it. That I have heard anyway. 

I have never seen a team anywhere who are so unable to accept that they lost a football match fair and square. I hate them. So so much. Stuff like this just crystallises the loathing and utter contempt I feel for the way they conduct themselves. 

The tears and snotters from celtic has been so ****ing good, almost as good as the pumping we gave them.

:jjyay:

They can’t handle it if any decision doesn’t go their way.  The way they’ve been crying their eyes out since sunday is hilarious.

Get it right ****ing up you scumbags.

Celtic and Rodgers have been trying to get rid of VAR for ages and too many idiots are agreeing with them . We have benefitted from actually getting decisions we never would have before it was introduced . They are just pissed off that they do not get away with all the things they used to . VAR is great , it is just the idiots controlling it who need chased 

Edited by Sooks

maroonsgotop

so the green minded ref gets 3 key decisions wrong (both pens and red card) all in favour of Celtic and the big bad blue minded VAR official, corrects all 3 decisions and in their deluded World he's the bad guy. These muppets get worse at every turn !!!!!!  

gnasher75
21 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

So when’s the decision announced?

Presumably it has to be approved by Neil Doncaster, the Celtic Board, the Glasgow media and the Vatican. 

Watt-Zeefuik
2 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Presumably it has to be approved by Neil Doncaster, the Celtic Board, the Glasgow media and the Vatican. 

Also the King, the Rothschilds, and Colonel Sanders.

tomm1874
1 minute ago, Largo said:

Both Yang & Mayo red card stands

Claim dismissed. A1 – Serious Foul Play; the original sanction is re-imposed with immediate effect. £500 fee forfeited to be paid within 30 days. 

3 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

Has any reporter not brought up his complete hypocrisy regarding his comments of the St. Mirren red card?

Listening to, I think, Brian McLaughlin after the match interview BR, Brian was playing into BR's narrative that big bad VAR was an issue. Pathetic.

Shitebags the lot of them if they haven't. 

Said it at the time the BBC were not challenging him on any of his pish. Dunno why I expected more tbh

gnasher75
2 minutes ago, Largo said:

Glorious!

highlandjambo3
1 minute ago, tomm1874 said:

Claim dismissed. A1 – Serious Foul Play; the original sanction is re-imposed with immediate effect. £500 fee forfeited to be paid within 30 days. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣right roond thum.

Watt-Zeefuik
4 minutes ago, Largo said:

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Between Brendan Rodgers, Neil Lennon, Chris Sutton, any other spunk bubble who has ever pulled on a Celtic strip, and my Facebook feed, I am getting increasingly irate about the amount of whingeing these *******s are doing. It's even more annoying seeing the likes of Neil McCann going in to bat for them. 

ALL of the talk is about the red card and the penalty we got. Their non penalty is just completely glossed over. Only Steven Naismith and perhaps Kris Boyd have referenced it. That I have heard anyway. 

I have never seen a team anywhere who are so unable to accept that they lost a football match fair and square. I hate them. So so much. Stuff like this just crystallises the loathing and utter contempt I feel for the way they conduct themselves. 

I'm not sure what is more inexcusable here, the churlish reaction of Rodgers and Celtic to Sunday's game or the willingness of the media to indulge their moaning. The red card was a sending off all day long.

Honestly, to look and listen to a lot of the media coverage these last few days, you could be forgiven for actually missing what the scoreline was! 

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

That was just outside the box at Roseburn end?

Not 'studs up' as I recall. More top of the boot but certainly high.

But, aye, no extended media forensics.

Sigma One
17 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

so the green minded ref gets 3 key decisions wrong (both pens and red card) all in favour of Celtic and the big bad blue minded VAR official, corrects all 3 decisions and in their deluded World he's the bad guy. These muppets get worse at every turn !!!!!!  

Was the boy walking to the job centre when it was recorded?

Gorgierools
2 minutes ago, Sigma One said:

Was the boy walking to the job centre when it was recorded?

I very much doubt it. Drop in centre. maybe.

John Findlay
17 minutes ago, Largo said:

I'm not seeing this reported anywhere.

Ferryjambo99
Just now, John Findlay said:

I'm not seeing this reported anywhere.

Reported on Sky Sports and you can find it in the "Football Governence" section of the SFA website under disciplinary updates

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Celtic appeal the Yang red card. (appeal dismissed)