It’s Aberdeen

when you’re out of date and your forms not great 

It’s Aberdeen 

you can’t fill your ground and your run by clowns 

It’s Aberdeen

where the fans shag sheep and the team gets beat

It’s hard to care, when Hearts are in Europe and you’re going nowhere 

I’ll get my coat 

Kickback should hire what ever Gibb brother is still living to belt that out on the pitch next time Aberdeen are at Tynecastle 🤣🤣🤣

Shooter McGavin
1 hour ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

To the tune of tragedy

It’s Aberdeen

It’s Aberdeen 

It’s Aberdeen

I’ll get my coat 

:yas:

2 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

To the tune of tragedy

It’s Aberdeen

It’s Aberdeen 

It’s Aberdeen

I’ll get my coat 

I've seen some shite song attempts on here but this one.............................................

Is definitely not one of them, well done 

AC Mallin_51

Thanks for the positive comments on this troops. Currently on route to my managers office to hand my notice in as I’m clearly wasted in here 😆

Mikey1874
12 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Thanks for the positive comments on this troops. Currently on route to my managers office to hand my notice in as I’m clearly wasted in here 😆

Get it ready for next season or the Cup final at Hampden.

Fxxx the SPFL
29 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Bad news for you police have noted your song and consider it a hate crime against sheep

AC Mallin_51
8 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Bad news for you police have noted your song and consider it a hate crime against sheep

🤣🤣🤣

gorgieheart

Warnock in press saying they are 5 players away from winning the league....

Aye mate..

Van Dijk

Rodri

Foden

Mbappe

Shankland

still wouldnt get you out of the bottom six

Rudiscoresagain

Warnock might be right. Playing 16 in every game has got to give them a chance. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

5 players will definitely give Airdrie and Dunfermline the fear

Deevers

I hear on the grapevine (a pal up there) that two of their desired candidates knocked them back. That’s why there’s been no announcement.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, gorgieheart said:

Warnock in press saying they are 5 players away from winning the league....

Aye mate..

Van Dijk

Rodri

Foden

Mbappe

Shankland

still wouldnt get you out of the bottom six

Pele and Diego getting exhumed as we speak, just need another 3.

12 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

To the tune of tragedy

It’s Aberdeen

It’s Aberdeen 

It’s Aberdeen

I’ll get my coat 

That's not bad imo

Ricardo Quaresma
16 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

To the tune of tragedy

It’s Aberdeen

It’s Aberdeen 

It’s Aberdeen

It’s hard to care, when we're in Europe, you’re going nowhere 

I’ll get my coat 

I'd change the last line to the above to fit the rhythm; top work, sir 😁👍

Uncle Buck

Just saw their “winning” goal today and how their fans celebrated :rofl: 

Tynecastle Valhalla

It’s unreal just how bad they have been this season.

their wage bill is relatively speaking very high.

shows you how important a good manager is.

it’s great when their fans are quiet.

theshed
On 05/04/2024 at 18:48, Deevers said:

I hear on the grapevine (a pal up there) that two of their desired candidates knocked them back. That’s why there’s been no announcement.

They are hanging on hoping that a guy who’s managing in Sweden says yes to them they were saying on the radio this afternoon. He says no and it’s back to drawing board 

jamboinglasgow
48 minutes ago, theshed said:

They are hanging on hoping that a guy who’s managing in Sweden says yes to them they were saying on the radio this afternoon. He says no and it’s back to drawing board 

There is also the risk another club could come in with a more attractive offer.

The other rumour was that it was Michael O'Neil who turned them down and decided to stay with Northern Ireland.

Either way it does seem a mess of a situation, feels like they are gambling on a manager where it could really backfire for them.

Fxxx the SPFL
59 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

There is also the risk another club could come in with a more attractive offer.

The other rumour was that it was Michael O'Neil who turned them down and decided to stay with Northern Ireland.

Either way it does seem a mess of a situation, feels like they are gambling on a manager where it could really backfire for them.

O’Neill might take the hobbits job when it comes up he has a house in Edinburgh seen him out and about a few times with his wife but not recently 

Pasquale for King

Not sure O’Neil with everyone behind the ball would suit Aberdeen or Hibs tbh, failed at Stoke which is why he is back with Northern Ireland. 
The next manager up there has a huge job on his hands especially with their best two players leaving this summer. 

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, jamborich said:

Hate to say it but do the job Celtic 

Aye im the same 

Libertarian
On 09/04/2024 at 03:46, jamborich said:

Hate to say it but do the job Celtic 

Would definitely remove the fear in the back of my mind that Aberdeen win the cup and thus qualify at our expense for automatic group stage European football next season. 

Aberdeen aren't winning the cup, they're absolutely shite.

Footballfirst

The sheep are bleating .......... and rightly so.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2024/04/10/club-statement-video-assistant-referees/

Aberdeen FC feel compelled to address supporters following Saturday’s 0-0 draw with Livingston in West Lothian, when Bojan Miovski’s late goal was disallowed following an intervention from the Video Assistant Referee.

AFC have deliberately retained a relative public silence throughout VAR’s lifespan in Scotland, despite some challenging situations both last season and this. We have instead chosen, for the most part, to air grievances around specific decisions, or make any suggested improvements, privately.

However, that position is no longer tenable following a meeting earlier this week with the Scottish FA, where the club was provided an opportunity to see and hear the transcripts relating to Saturday’s disallowed goal in the Scottish Premiership match versus Livingston.

The outcome of which was:

• The Hawkeye system failed in the lead up to Bojan Miovski’s 92nd minute goal at the Tony Macaroni Arena, so the Video Assistant Referees (VARs) were unable to rely on any reliable calibrated lines to determine, with the normal degree of certainty, whether Angus MacDonald was offside or otherwise. The Scottish FA have confirmed to us that they have already launched an investigation into why this failure happened and their officials put into a difficult position.
  • The VARs then used a freeze frame to determine whether they thought Angus MacDonald was in an offside position when the free kick was taken by Leighton Clarkson. The ability for the VARs to do this is contained within the VAR protocols.
  • The Scottish FA accepted there is no conceivable way the VAR could tell definitively the deepest position of Livingston midfielder Daniel McKay’s body, because from the only angle available – the 18-yard box camera on the Main Stand side – the lower half of McKay’s body is completely obscured from view, blocked by other players. Even if his full body was visible, it’s impossible to determine who was closest to the goal line with no on-pitch ‘markers’.
  • Therefore, it was acknowledged by all in attendance at the meeting that the VARs had to effectively guess on what that position might have been based on the limited information available to them, and that was the basis on which to overrule the on-field call of the assistant referee, who did not raise his flag. It is our strong belief that in such an instance, and for the integrity of the game, the match officials should stick with their original on-field decision without the strength of evidence to overturn that and essentially re-referee the passage of play.
  • This course of action was chosen ahead of asking the referee, himself, to look at the freeze frame and make a determination, which is permitted under the protocols when it’s a matter of opinion rather than factual, or more appropriately, in absence of a definitive outcome from the camera, sticking with the on-field decision, and giving the benefit of the doubt.

What this situation demonstrates, in our opinion, is that the version of VAR that Scottish football has, or more accurately, can afford, is not suitable for the purpose in which it is intended. It perfectly highlights the limitations in the technology, the inappropriate implementation, the consistency of decision-making, and the negative impact on the overall experience for the match-going supporter.

This is, of course, not an issue that we believe is in any way exclusive to Aberdeen FC. We are not being partisan because we believe a decision, or at least a process, has not been at all effective at the weekend. We acknowledge there have been occasions where we ourselves have been fortunate to have benefitted from some of the observations and limitations raised.

The Scottish FA, with the help of the SPFL (via the Competitions Working Group), have an on-going review of the use of Video Assistant Referees within Scottish football. Aberdeen FC is committed to playing an active role in those discussions and will work with all stakeholders to try and improve the output because, at the moment, we do not believe VARs presence is enhancing the game in this country.

Mikey1874

Yeah. Some fair points.

But he was pretty clearly offside. And as I say, Aberdeen would not be saying this if the decision was given in their favour.

20240410_175808.jpg

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah. Some fair points.

But he was pretty clearly offside. And as I say, Aberdeen would not be saying this if the decision was given in their favour.

20240410_175808.jpg

It was a tight decision, so would have required the lines to be drawn. If the lines aren't available because of a failure of technology, then that should have been communicated to the ref and the on field decision should have stood.

I don't agree with Aberdeen blaming the technology. It either works or it doesn't. If it works, then good. If not, then don't second guess it, FFS.  It is people who are making crap decisions, not the technology.

22games nro

Once they realised it failed then it should have been reffed like "the good old days"

one point-  there is various options in quality and obviously cost in the equipment for running var, I don’t know but I’m going to go out in a limb and suggest the Scottish equipment isn’t the best of gear 📺📽️🎥

Jambo92

For once, I commend the VAR team for doing the right thing, can clearly see they're offside - don't need some imaginary line to do the right thing.  

GinRummy
7 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

Once they realised it failed then it should have been reffed like "the good old days"

one point-  there is various options in quality and obviously cost in the equipment for running var, I don’t know but I’m going to go out in a limb and suggest the Scottish equipment isn’t the best of gear 📺📽️🎥

Going by memory of when we first got VAR, I think we got the cheap version, less cameras was one thing that stuck in my mind. Maybe someone can clarify. 

Mikey1874
30 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It was a tight decision, so would have required the lines to be drawn. If the lines aren't available because of a failure of technology, then that should have been communicated to the ref and the on field decision should have stood.

I don't agree with Aberdeen blaming the technology. It either works or it doesn't. If it works, then good. If not, then don't second guess it, FFS.  It is people who are making crap decisions, not the technology.

Well no.

As Aberdeen say themselves there is still scope to make a decision.

Aberdeen saying the onfield decision should stand undermines what was starting as a good statement.

Bungalow Bill

Like the Dundee situation with their pitch, this is embarrassing. Guessing decisions and overruling the ref is p*** poor. Imagine if this was us, we’d be raging and rightly so. 

1971fozzy

Aberdeen are so irrelevant and tinpot who actually cares what they say.  Bottom 4, and basically an irrelevance . They should care more about updating that shitehole of a stadium than complaining about completely irrelevant VAR decisions

Footballfirst
26 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Well no.

As Aberdeen say themselves there is still scope to make a decision.

Aberdeen saying the onfield decision should stand undermines what was starting as a good statement.

Well yes.

Yes, VARs can make decisions when the line technology wasn't working, but the offside decision must be clear. The above decision wasn't clear, i.e. the lines were required, so the VAR should have left it alone.  

Footballfirst

SFA now saying it was offside after a retrospective review of the footage via Hawkeye.

Daveandal

It's a strange thing for Aberdeen to get angry about..... a correct decision.... oh hang on Celtic have been doing that recently too.

I totally get clubs asking questions if an injustice had been done but on this occasion the right call was made. Who knows, it might be a vital point for Livingston.

Mikey1874

Like I said, it was offside.

SPFL and SFA need to sort this out. Stop the public moaning when you get beat. You had 90 minutes to score versus the worst team in the league. 

Anderson5
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Like I said, it was offside.

SPFL and SFA need to sort this out. Stop the public moaning when you get beat. You had 90 minutes to score versus the worst team in the league. 

I don’t think they’re complaining about whether the decision is right or wrong specifically. But rather the fact that the correct process to get to the decision was ignored. 

It sets a dangerous precedent. And now allows Andrew Dallas et al in the VAR room to make their own decisions if they can’t draw lines. Let’s hope a similar situation doesn’t arise at Hampden in 11 days time as I’ve a feeling I know which way they’ll swing. 

Even more concerning is the SFA statement which seems to double down on the incident. Completely ignoring the concern re. VAR guessing the decision and focusing on the fact that they got it right. 

Jambo92
1 hour ago, Anderson5 said:

I don’t think they’re complaining about whether the decision is right or wrong specifically. But rather the fact that the correct process to get to the decision was ignored. 

It sets a dangerous precedent. And now allows Andrew Dallas et al in the VAR room to make their own decisions if they can’t draw lines. Let’s hope a similar situation doesn’t arise at Hampden in 11 days time as I’ve a feeling I know which way they’ll swing. 

Even more concerning is the SFA statement which seems to double down on the incident. Completely ignoring the concern re. VAR guessing the decision and focusing on the fact that they got it right. 

It's true, its opened a can of worms, most likely every week there making it up as they go. 

I don't get the uproar though on this call though, they've used images to make an informed decision - if this was a court case then there's enough evidence to make a call. 

Reality is the linesmen are the ones doing the guessing and on this occasion he got it wrong.

I see they have got their new manager. 

Big job especially considering Hibs are going to be 3rd next year. 

SE16 3LN
1 hour ago, Rods said:

I see they have got their new manager. 

Big job especially considering Hibs are going to be 3rd next year. 

Jimmy Thelin? Could be anything. Done ok in the top level of Swedish football so probably decent. Just feel he would have got a bigger job by now if he's really good.