Celtic fans complaining again about their allocation . . .

Section Q

5 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

You know this how?

I'm making an assumption based on my recollection of previous posts on this. Admittedly it's not arithmetically exact but there are a lot of posters taking that view.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Hmfc1965

• Sir PH

• dannymack

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

been here before
35 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Take out the content of some of the songs and yes absolutely.

The majority on here are in favour of disadvantaging season ticket holders in favour of Hibs fans for this very reason.

Way to show you're anti prejudice though.

In what way are these ST holders being "disadvantaged"?

Just now, been here before said:

In what way are these ST holders being "disadvantaged"?

They're only able to buy season tickets for some games.

been here before
6 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

They're only able to buy season tickets for some games.

Which folk know before they buy them, they are sold as such. They arent sold as 'full' season tickets and the price paid reflects this. They also get first refusal on any tickets on the Ticket Exchange.

So in what way are they being disadvantaged?

Edited by been here before

merseyjambo

They can go away and fling shite at themselves. They were the first team to start cutting ticket allocations for visiting fans and now they want to complain when others do the same.

As far as policing is concerned, I can only go from my experiences at Man City and Man Utd. Both have pyro dogs on at the ground and the clubs set up an initial check which is like airline security with 6 lanes. One person goes down the lane and is searched and wanded by club security. They then are in a sterile area before entering turnstiles where the pyro dogs give them a good sniff.

English clubs usually give the visiting clubs about 5% for league games.

Things may be different in Scotland but in England there has been a massive push for clubs to take more responsibility for security at football matches. In theory that’s great but all due respect to the stewards, they’re either kids or old blokes who are paid minimum wage. If things kick off, they’re unlikely to get involved so it’s false economy. Policing costs are also complicated as clubs only pay for those officers that are actually on the stadium footprint, so the cops on Dalry Road, Haymarket etc are either on duty time or being paid for by the force. The clubs can also only pay part rates so they may only ask for officers on the footprint for part of the game. 

While it sounds easy to police 500 or so fans, due to costs it’s not. 

Der Kaiser

I've never done heroin......but I always imagine the feeling I get when Celtic fans are upset is very very similar to doing heroin.....in a really comfortable chair.

1 hour ago, FionaHmfc said:

One of my friends is a Celtic supporter and she says exactly the same. Had a season ticket for parkhead since she was tiny and barely gets a sniff of a ticket for away games. Only managed to get one for Easter road, St Mirren and Killie in the last calendar year alone yet the same arseholes seem to be at every game. Missed out on numerous away European games, Hampden trips etc so it does seem very unfair. Away games she has been to she says it’s a complete nonsense with the behaviour. Female toilets taken over and vandalised numerous times. Doors kicked off the toilets and men standing peeing in the sinks giving women no privacy to even use the bathrooms intended for them or attempt to wash their hands afterwards either. 

Makes me so thankful we don’t have any of that nonsense as I genuinely think I would just stop going to away games if that was the case. Also makes me so thankful for our loyalty point system when you hear stories from other teams especially Hibs and Old firm fans. 

You would expect the female Tims to make more of a fuss about how these ***** treat them . For some reason these people buy in to the victim thing and take the side of scumbags who behave in this way and defend them if anyone points out they are scum 

FionaHmfc
1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

Maybe time she picked another club to support. How any right minded person could stand beside that filth is beyond me. 

Easier said than done if it’s the club you grew up supporting and were born into though. As the original poster I replied to was saying, there’s thousands of old firm fans who are good people and just want to go and support their team and not cause an ounce of bother. Unfortunately it’s the complete dregs of society who manage to always get their hands on tickets for the majority of away games hence the trouble and bother that seems to follow both sides of the old firm everywhere they go. But neither club seems willing to do anything about that so things will never change unfortunately 

henrysmithsgloves
13 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Seemingly they do.

But ... was it another memorable 1st for h1b5?

What sort of people attend an away match at Ibrox armed with stickers of Stairway 13 and deface the seats with '66' graffiti?

Screenshot_20240226_091036_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20240226_091111_Google.jpg

My uncle lost two good mates at that game😔 personally I would feed the scum to the bears🤬🤬 Credit to Glasgow Rangers, their grave is well looked after❤️ sane football supporters have a bit banter,but that, sorry, Scotlands shame🤬🤬

FionaHmfc
11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You would expect the female Tims to make more of a fuss about how these ***** treat them . For some reason these people buy in to the victim thing and take the side of scumbags who behave in this way and defend them if anyone points out they are scum 

I think it’s also easier said than done to kick up a fuss when you are a female on your own or in a small group of others. As far as my friend has told me things like I mentioned have been reported numerous times to Celtic themselves and police/stewards at the grounds but nobody is willing to do anything about it. Part of the problem with broken seats etc like yesterday at Fir Park is identifying the people who done it as they all congregate in such a small area. CCTV can identify troublemakers at a later date but banning them from games doesn’t even work as they always find a way around it. 

AC Mallin_51

Let them moan, who cares what they think. If it was up to me they’d get absolutely nothing. The entitlement from them and their neighbours is unbelievable

30 minutes ago, been here before said:

Which folk know before they buy them, they are sold as such. They arent sold as 'full' season tickets and the price paid reflects this. They also get first refusal on any tickets on the Ticket Exchange.

You know exactly what I mean

Do you think these season ticket holders don't want to go to games against Hibs?

been here before
3 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

You know exactly what I mean

Do you think these season ticket holders don't want to go to games against Hibs?

I dont know what you mean, no-one is being disadvantaged- judging by the fact theres still tickets in the TE perhaps they're not all that keen. 

They get exactly what they knowingly pay for. 

So again, who is being disadvantaged?

jager man
9 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

Easier said than done if it’s the club you grew up supporting and were born into though. As the original poster I replied to was saying, there’s thousands of old firm fans who are good people and just want to go and support their team and not cause an ounce of bother. Unfortunately it’s the complete dregs of society who manage to always get their hands on tickets for the majority of away games hence the trouble and bother that seems to follow both sides of the old firm everywhere they go. But neither club seems willing to do anything about that so things will never change unfortunately 

Why is it so hard for the old firm to weed out the scum of their away support? Whether it be dodgy songs or smashing up seats. The answer is they don't want to. They seem to want the scumbags of the support to be at away games. Is it to help atmosphere? I don't know.  Also these good old firm fans you speak about. Why don't they start reporting their fellow fans for offensive/bigoted songs or actions? Because they accept it. 

13 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

I think it’s also easier said than done to kick up a fuss when you are a female on your own or in a small group of others. As far as my friend has told me things like I mentioned have been reported numerous times to Celtic themselves and police/stewards at the grounds but nobody is willing to do anything about it. Part of the problem with broken seats etc like yesterday at Fir Park is identifying the people who done it as they all congregate in such a small area. CCTV can identify troublemakers at a later date but banning them from games doesn’t even work as they always find a way around it. 

Depressing . You would have hoped there would be a few blokes who would back them up if they needed it 

22 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

Quiye . Why would someone give up the club that they support because a few arseholes act like the scum they are ? That is like saying people should stop leaving the house because there are dangerous people around 

1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Take out the content of some of the songs and yes absolutely.

The majority on here are in favour of disadvantaging season ticket holders in favour of Hibs fans for this very reason.

Way to show you're anti prejudice though.

:rofl:

Take out the offensive words and their songs are alright? 

Well ****ing duh.

What content needs taken out of songs about the IRA or murdering "fenians" to make football thrive? 

Celtic and Rangers are a cancer and their away fans are the absolute dregs of society.  I'd happily give them absolutely **** all until the end of time when it comes to games at Tynecastle until they can prove they can behave themselves. Spitting and throwing coins at wee boys and girls playing at half time and smashing seats does not bring ****ing anything to the football atmosphere. 

jager man
14 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

Absolute rubbish. Just start banning people. Someone got a ticket for that seat number. If it isn't them in the seat so what they still get banned. Gradually you will find the true fans will self police at the fear of being banned themselves. Easier to do in a smaller away end. That's where Hearts have it spot on with their reduced old firm allocation. Make it easier to identify the individuals. Once they are indetified then a SPL ground ban.  Face recognition isn't to far away for Scotland. Italy have trialed it and it worked.

By The Light..
1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

They can go away and fling shite at themselves. They were the first team to start cutting ticket allocations for visiting fans and now they want to complain when others do the same.

As far as policing is concerned, I can only go from my experiences at Man City and Man Utd. Both have pyro dogs on at the ground and the clubs set up an initial check which is like airline security with 6 lanes. One person goes down the lane and is searched and wanded by club security. They then are in a sterile area before entering turnstiles where the pyro dogs give them a good sniff.

English clubs usually give the visiting clubs about 5% for league games.

Things may be different in Scotland but in England there has been a massive push for clubs to take more responsibility for security at football matches. In theory that’s great but all due respect to the stewards, they’re either kids or old blokes who are paid minimum wage. If things kick off, they’re unlikely to get involved so it’s false economy. Policing costs are also complicated as clubs only pay for those officers that are actually on the stadium footprint, so the cops on Dalry Road, Haymarket etc are either on duty time or being paid for by the force. The clubs can also only pay part rates so they may only ask for officers on the footprint for part of the game. 

While it sounds easy to police 500 or so fans, due to costs it’s not. 

loving this "They can go away and fling shite at themselves" 

Cup of cold piss that the only refreshment they can get

dannymack
10 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I'm not one to defend Celtic supporters but it detracts from the Old Firm game when it's all one set of supporters.

I'm in two minds about us reducing Hibs' allocation.

My mind was set a long long time ago,give them as minimal tickets as possible. 

dannymack
7 hours ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

They did that the last May when they played at Tynecastle.  Don't know if they the same in the October game.  There were two barriers Celtic fans had to go through before being allowed anywhere near the turnstiles.  There were quite a few of them arguing with stewards so I can only imagine they were caught out of their little scam.

Should be the police doing the checking not underpaid stewards who are still in the process of grasping the Kings English and cultural spirit of the Scottish Football fan.

The people who are employed as stewards should not be dropped into the firing line to try and handle fans who are  fraudulently trying to gain access to a stadium, a firm hand should be implemented. 

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

:rofl:

Take out the offensive words and their songs are alright? 

Well ****ing duh.

What content needs taken out of songs about the IRA or murdering "fenians" to make football thrive? 

Celtic and Rangers are a cancer and their away fans are the absolute dregs of society.  I'd happily give them absolutely **** all until the end of time when it comes to games at Tynecastle until they can prove they can behave themselves. Spitting and throwing coins at wee boys and girls playing at half time and smashing seats does not bring ****ing anything to the football atmosphere. 

1965 seems to think bigotry is an ok thing because it makes the atmosphere better at old infirm games.

2 hours ago, jager man said:

Why is it so hard for the old firm to weed out the scum of their away support? Whether it be dodgy songs or smashing up seats. The answer is they don't want to. They seem to want the scumbags of the support to be at away games. Is it to help atmosphere? I don't know.  Also these good old firm fans you speak about. Why don't they start reporting their fellow fans for offensive/bigoted songs or actions? Because they accept it. 

Because they would have no support left

dannymack
2 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

My uncle lost two good mates at that game😔 personally I would feed the scum to the bears🤬🤬 Credit to Glasgow Rangers, their grave is well looked after❤️ sane football supporters have a bit banter,but that, sorry, Scotlands shame🤬🤬

Still brings a tear to my eye the story of the Markinch Boys and those other poor fans. 

How anyone can sink that low to mock that disaster speaks volumes of their lack of compassion. 

Celtic fans have partied on that disaster for decades and I'm noticing there's an element of Hibs fans who have now jumped on that bandwagon... sick ****ers ! 

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Quiye . Why would someone give up the club that they support because a few arseholes act like the scum they are ? That is like saying people should stop leaving the house because there are dangerous people around 

Covering up child abuse, glorifying terrorism and an away support that behave like utter cretins everywhere they go. Just three reasons why I wouldn't be supporting them.

In terms of stadium damage and stickering/graffiti/broken seats similar to Fir Park. 

We have a great in house media team. A 5minute walk around the small Roseburn section and concourse with the steady-cam before and after Sundays game. Any damage is then invoiced to Celtic with the message that allocations is further reduced/entirely cut. 

8 hours ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

1965 seems to think bigotry is an ok thing because it makes the atmosphere better at old infirm games.

That's not what I said at all.

I said the atmosphere suffered when there were no away fans.

16 hours ago, OTT said:

The mob of "Selleck da's" that populate twitter. Say anything even remotely critical of Celtic and they're falling over themselves to pile on with utterly inane comments. 

Absolute puddle drinkers. 

Absolutely all with bhoy in their handle...thick and moronic 

11 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

That's not what I said at all.

I said the atmosphere suffered when there were no away fans.

The other thing is it doesn't stop these songs, it just means you only hear one side.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
10 hours ago, FionaHmfc said:

Maybe said glory hunters can support Partick Thistle.

SectionDJambo
8 hours ago, dannymack said:

Celtic fans have partied on that disaster for decades

And yet they try to attach themselves to any event Liverpool hold to commemorate Hiilsborough. Attention seekers who latch themselves onto other, selected, clubs in an attempt to look special.

Then, they gain illegal entry into stadia, using cloned tickets or doubling up at turnstles, to cause overcrowding which endangers other Celtic followers.

Hypocrites.

wentworth jambo
20 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I'm not one to defend Celtic supporters but it detracts from the Old Firm game when it's all one set of supporters.

I'm in two minds about us reducing Hibs' allocation.

Me too...do we do it now or at the end of the season ??

3 hours ago, SecN said:

In terms of stadium damage and stickering/graffiti/broken seats similar to Fir Park. 

We have a great in house media team. A 5minute walk around the small Roseburn section and concourse with the steady-cam before and after Sundays game. Any damage is then invoiced to Celtic with the message that allocations is further reduced/entirely cut. 

SPFL match delegates already do this.

Racellic will be anticipating an incoming invoice from Motherwell.

Edited by Busby8

JimmyCant
13 hours ago, been here before said:

Because a seat he could have paid for and occupied at each home derby, and would have been happy to do so, is being sold to a Hibs fan.

A better question is ‘why do we still do it ?’ I know the club position but I strongly disagree with it. It makes no sense whatsoever to me

How can you reduce allocations for other clubs drastically in the name of ‘Hearts fans first’ then completely subvert that argument by excluding the derby and letting a fan base in, some of whom actively campaigned to see us go under. 

Edited by JimmyCant

JimmyCant
11 hours ago, dannymack said:

Should be the police doing the checking not underpaid stewards who are still in the process of grasping the Kings English and cultural spirit of the Scottish Football fan.

The people who are employed as stewards should not be dropped into the firing line to try and handle fans who are  fraudulently trying to gain access to a stadium, a firm hand should be implemented. 

Or we could just tweak our ticketing and turnstile software at minimal expense to prevent a duplicate ticket gaining entry and auto closing turnstiles when the capacity of sold tickets has been reached. They could probably do it in a day.

The police agreeing to do it ? Not a chance and quite rightly 

Edited by JimmyCant

been here before
25 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Because a seat he could have paid for and occupied at each home derby, and would have been happy to do so, is being sold to a Hibs fan.

A better question is ‘why do we still do it ?’ I know the club position but I strongly disagree with it. It makes no sense whatsoever to me

How can you reduce allocations for other clubs drastically in the name of ‘Hearts fans first’ then completely subvert that argument by excluding the derby and letting a fan base in, some of whom actively campaigned to see us go under. 

But still no-one is being disadvantaged. If it was a fully paid up, full ST and they were being told they were being punted and thrown out the fair enough.

They are getting exactly what they knew they were getting, on a ticket they paid less for than a comparative one to reflect this, and under conditions they were fully aware of when they bought it.

Its really not rocket science.

29 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Because Hibs give us a full stand when we go to Easter Road, and more often than not it's a great day/night out because we beat them.

John Findlay
5 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Covering up child abuse, glorifying terrorism and an away support that behave like utter cretins everywhere they go. Just three reasons why I wouldn't be supporting them.

Are the UDA, UVF, and the UFF church charities?

33 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Are the UDA, UVF, and the UFF church charities?

I was waiting on you coming out with your usual whataboutery. 

john thomas
48 minutes ago, been here before said:

But still no-one is being disadvantaged. If it was a fully paid up, full ST and they were being told they were being punted and thrown out the fair enough.

They are getting exactly what they knew they were getting, on a ticket they paid less for than a comparative one to reflect this, and under conditions they were fully aware of when they bought it.

But the vast majority would rather be able to go to the hibs game too . They are not able to therefore they are being disadvantaged

That's definitely not rocket science

16 hours ago, FionaHmfc said:

One of my friends is a Celtic supporter and she says exactly the same. Had a season ticket for parkhead since she was tiny and barely gets a sniff of a ticket for away games. Only managed to get one for Easter road, St Mirren and Killie in the last calendar year alone yet the same arseholes seem to be at every game. Missed out on numerous away European games, Hampden trips etc so it does seem very unfair. Away games she has been to she says it’s a complete nonsense with the behaviour. Female toilets taken over and vandalised numerous times. Doors kicked off the toilets and men standing peeing in the sinks giving women no privacy to even use the bathrooms intended for them or attempt to wash their hands afterwards either. 

Makes me so thankful we don’t have any of that nonsense as I genuinely think I would just stop going to away games if that was the case. Also makes me so thankful for our loyalty point system when you hear stories from other teams especially Hibs and Old firm fans. 

Mental eh.  Your born and bred and can't change your team, but I actually can't get my head round supporting a team whose fans are like this.  

I get embarassed by Hearts supporters, I have to admit, but I also know it is a genuine minority who don't represent the values of our club.  It ISN'T like that with either of the OF.  You post is an extreme example of course, but it's also pretty par for the course.

But they build their entire brand on being a people's club, TGFIW and all that bullshit.  It genuine upsets me that they peddle this and get away with it too.  Their fanbase is disgusting.

And btw I have quite a few Celtic mates who are all good lads and lassies.  Again, they seem to manage to separate this behaviour, which they abhor, from their own support.  It's the test case, ground zero of whatabootery isn't it?  Like if Rangers fans did it (and they do!), then it's quick lads take to twitter.  Celtic fans do it, it's either a couple of bad eggs, or simply didn't happen.

I do feel as a club and as a support we own our issues a lot more.  I'd like to think most clubs do.  Hibs did under Leanne, not so sure now.

Like all things negative in our game, I'd love us to be massively public in wanting change and forcing it on to the agenda.  Not only do we not give the OF tickets cos we have enough of our own supporters thank you very much, but here is a big old list of the issues they cause at our ground and every other one they visit.... (forgery, forced entry, threats, vandalism, robbery, assault, bigotry... list the whole bloody lot. Don't be shy in stating we want to know if our own fans do similar so we can deal with them too so it's 100% NOT whatabootery).

John Findlay
25 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

I was waiting on you coming out with your usual whataboutery. 

That's all you do.

Let me make things clear for you, seeing as you appear to be a person of the hard of thinking.

When it comes to the Two football teams in Glasgow, one which plays it's home games at Celtic Park, the other it's home games at Ibrox Park, and both teams supporters 

There is only one difference between them.

One plays in Green, White, and Gold, the other in Red, White, and Blue.

In all other aspects they are the same.

Both their boardrooms are full of persons who publicly state they abhor bigotry/sectarianism, whilst privately and in the actions they take encourage it to the hilt. Those at Celtic Park will never refuse the Catholic Scottish, Northern Irish pound, or the Republic of Ireland Euro.

Whilst those at Ibrox will never refuse the Great British, and Northern Ireland pound.

They are both arse cheeks of the same coin. One is not worse than the other, and one is not better than the other. 

They are both the same. They are both despicable institutions masquerading as football clubs, and both have been a cancer to Scottish society from 1872/73, and 1888 respectively.

My sincere wish is that both of them could be destroyed ASAP.

JimmyCant
1 hour ago, been here before said:

No it’s not rocket science. They’d have bought a better more complete package and paid more for it had we offered it.

But no, we’re not selling you the complete package we could sell you because we’re keeping your seat for Hibs fans. 

Edited by JimmyCant

15 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

That's all you do.

Let me make things clear for you, seeing as you appear to be a person of the hard of thinking.

When it comes to the Two football teams in Glasgow, one which plays it's home games at Celtic Park, the other it's home games at Ibrox Park, and both teams supporters 

Both their boardrooms are full of persons who publicly state they abhor bigotry/sectarianism, whilst privately and in the actions they take encourage it to the hilt. Those at Celtic Park will never refuse the Catholic Scottish, Northern Irish pound, or the Republic of Ireland Euro.

Whilst those at Ibrox will never refuse the Great British, and Northern Ireland pound.

They are both arse cheeks of the same coin. One is not worse than the other, and one is not better than the other. 

They are both the same. They are both despicable institutions masquerading as football clubs, and both have been a cancer to Scottish society from 1872/73, and 1888 respectively.

Sorry, not reading all that. I don't need educated on the Celtic support or their club. 

Shooter McGavin

The Old Firm started going downhill rapidly when they started restricting each others allocation. It’s completely lost it’s edge now that there’s no away fans at all.

There is absolutely no way either us or Hibs should lower ourselves to that level of pettiness.

Malinga the Swinga
21 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Sorry, not reading all that. I don't need educated on the Celtic support or their club. 

While you are already well aware of the others support and (new) club.

Malinga the Swinga
38 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

That's all you do.

Watch out. Already bad enough that they walked away and let their club die without you upsetting their supporters on here

John Findlay
37 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

As I said hard of thinking.

15 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

While you are already well aware of the others support and (new) club.

Original as ever. 😴 💤