Celtic fans complaining again about their allocation . . .

Section Q

Jim_Duncan
9 hours ago, Sooks said:

The “ Leith Celtic “ flag bothers me a lot . It does not seem to bother Hibs fans that much , but I have good friends who are Hearts born and bred , and I realise Leith is easily as Hearts as it is Vermin

How anyone brought up here couple slither up to either of those weegie scum teams is totally beyond me though , and if I ever see a Gorgie Rangers flag , then I would be disappointed 

the two of them are cancers 

Leith Celtic?

Maybe someone left the flag there on Wednesday and the lad was just waving it at the stewards to make them aware?

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Hmfc1965

• Sir PH

• JimmyCant

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Section Q said:

Rangers recently moved Livingston's away support to a tiny area because there was only 80 of them. This managed to free up the area normally reserved for away fans. We had 1,000 less fans in the ground than the Hibs game, and because of the security that's necessary when they visit, it's starting to cost the club money to accommodate them.

Simple solution is to put a cage/ fence/ perspex barrier over the 1 or 2 sections of the Roseburn and make that the away section for every team.

This frees up more seats 

For cup games we just give teams the full stand if needed.

TheBigO
19 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Simple solution is to put a cage/ fence/ perspex barrier over the 1 or 2 sections of the Roseburn and make that the away section for every team.

This frees up more seats 

For cup games we just give teams the full stand if needed.

I do wonder if the club have or are looking at something like this.  Other than 2 (sometimes one!) games a season, the away end is now that one section. You'd think there's some kind of safe barrier we could put up - would need to be removable I guess is the only thing...

Gotta be a safe way to do it and you'd think any expense would be made up by the number of tickets we could add in sales

3 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Leith Celtic?

Maybe someone left the flag there on Wednesday and the lad was just waving it at the stewards to make them aware?

Indeed . I am probably making too much of a big deal out of it , but I do think that an old firm supporters club from what is probably a heartland for one of our bigger clubs is a bit shit . Obviously with it being Hibs I do not care all that much when it comes right down to it , but if it was Celtic or Rangers Gorgie SC I would find it positively nauseating 

Jambo-Fox
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Indeed . I am probably making too much of a big deal out of it , but I do think that an old firm supporters club from what is probably a heartland for one of our bigger clubs is a bit shit . Obviously with it being Hibs I do not care all that much when it comes right down to it , but if it was Celtic or Rangers Gorgie SC I would find it positively nauseating 

But Glasgow Hearts, Manchester Hearts, London Hearts, Fife Hearts, etc SCs are okay?

15 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

But Glasgow Hearts, Manchester Hearts, London Hearts, Fife Hearts, etc SCs are okay?

In a way , in my mind , yes ……….. I have already admitted that I might be making far too much of a thing about it than is merited mate . For me a part of it is definitely the choosing a bigger club than the one that is traditionally associated with the place you are from . Manchester Hearts ? Good ****ing on them is my takeaway . Glasgow Hearts ? Same . Leith Celtic ? Why …………… it just seems really glory hunty and unnecessary 

Edited by Sooks

Jambo-Fox
6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

In a way , in my mind , yes ……….. I have already admitted that I might be making far too much of a thing about it than is merited mate . For me a part of it is definitely the choosing a bigger club than the one that is traditionally associated with the place you are from . Manchester Hearts ? Good ****ing on them is my takeaway . Glasgow Hearts ? Same . Leith Celtic ? Why …………… it just seems really glory hunty and unnecessary 

I’d like nothing better than there to be Hearts Supporters Clubs in every town and city in Britain! And Hearts wining trophies every season! And if glory hunters joined our support I guess I’d tolerate that as the price of success!

HHGH

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I’d like nothing better than there to be Hearts Supporters Clubs in every town and city in Britain! And Hearts wining trophies every season! And if glory hunters joined our support I guess I’d tolerate that as the price of success!

HHGH

You are not wrong there , me too . As I said it just rankles somewhat to see a big city like Edinburgh with two decent sized football teams , and glory hunting wanks like that choosing to support the old firm . I do not see it as bad when people from places with bigger clubs do it with smaller clubs . As much as I would enjoy your proposed scenario , I also recognise that the overall position and health of Hearts would be stronger in a world where everyone supported their local club ………… I am not really wanting to have a big barney about it with anyone , it is just an observation that makes me a little sad . Same as when I see Edinburgh folks scuttling around the city in old form tops 

i8hibsh

There are only honourable reasons for supporting clubs like Hearts/Hibs etc if you are not from the 'area'.  However, there are only dishonourable reasons for being a Celtic and Rangers fan with no geographical links to the 'area'.

Religion, politics and glory are not honourable reasons to support a football team.  

I can no longer even entertain football discussions or even small talk with any ***** who supports Celtic and Rangers that has no business doing so.

Scum of the ****ing Earth.

39 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

There are two Hearts supporters clubs in Fife, Dunfermline and St Andrews.

brownkg
31 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

There are only honourable reasons for supporting clubs like Hearts/Hibs etc if you are not from the 'area'.  However, there are only dishonourable reasons for being a Celtic and Rangers fan with no geographical links to the 'area'.

Religion, politics and glory are not honourable reasons to support a football team.  

I can no longer even entertain football discussions or even small talk with any ***** who supports Celtic and Rangers that has no business doing so.

I am very surprised by marking the birthday of my son and the greatest ever Jim Clark by being in agreement with this. I never ever thought it would happen.

Swanny17
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Never heard them as quiet , was total bliss

This wee sentence deserves praise, even if unintended. 😉 

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

This wee sentence deserves praise, even if unintended. 😉 

🤣🤣🇱🇻

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Spot on i8! 

Sick of OF fans on the East Coast. Its just like, support your local team ya ****ing reprobates. They moan about Scottish football being shit, yet have Edinburgh supporters clubs... its just minging. 

Pasquale for King

They will be asking for the allocation to be cut again 😆

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Never heard them as quiet , was total bliss

Only time people associated with that have been as quiet , is when crimes committed by their employees are exposed 

underwaterwoodwelder

Give them what they deserve percentage wise, what they give our fans.

Also build a massive scaffolding beam for restrictive view in front of their fans .

Only for celtic fans tho, to give them the view they have given us for decades. 

SMJ_1874

I really hope we go global and grow the Hearts brand abroad.  A down under tour to Australia followed by a tour to Japan. I’d love to visit Japan with Hearts and to really raise our awareness abroad. The Tims did it with Nakamura years ago. Not only will it raise our profile but hopefully raise our bank balance and Tagawa and Oda will be our poster boys.

We need to think outside the box and grow our infrastructure. The OF are catchable and we just need a stronger squad to fight on the domestic and European front. So far we are making great strides. If we keep our momentum going then the team off and on the park will be unrecognisable in 3 years. 

stevie1874
48 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Haven't seen it posted elsewhere but get this for a bit of amusement 😁 The entitlement! They can't seem to get it into their thick skulls that it's our stadium and for us to decide who gets in. As is the case for them and everyone else.

https://thecelticstar.com/empty-seats-at-tynecastle-again-as-celtic-fans-locked-out/

They don’t like not getting their own way. Would love it if after split we had Celtic at Tynecastle and Sky picked up another game instead. 

ToadKiller Dog
3 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

Haven't seen it posted elsewhere but get this for a bit of amusement 😁 The entitlement! They can't seem to get it into their thick skulls that it's our stadium and for us to decide who gets in. As is the case for them and everyone else.

https://thecelticstar.com/empty-seats-at-tynecastle-again-as-celtic-fans-locked-out/

Ha brilliant ,yeah we cut the allocation to copy the orcs ,thats why we cut the orcs also .

No celtic fans were locked out ,they sold the 500+ we allocated  them.

The rest of them were able to watch it on the telly that panders to the ugly fans .

dannymack
On 03/03/2024 at 22:57, Sooks said:

The “ Leith Celtic “ flag bothers me a lot . It does not seem to bother Hibs fans that much , but I have good friends who are Hearts born and bred , and I realise Leith is easily as Hearts as it is Vermin

How anyone brought up here couple slither up to either of those weegie scum teams is totally beyond me though , and if I ever see a Gorgie Rangers flag , then I would be disappointed 

the two of them are cancers 

The Gorgie Greens have been on the go for years, every now and then you'd see their banner in the Hibs end. 

dannymack
On 03/03/2024 at 23:03, periodictabledancer said:

Personally not bothered as I've  got plenty Irish/Leithopians in the family. Leith was very heavily full of immigrants even in the 1930s.

On 03/03/2024 at 23:05, Sooks said:

Yes I totally agree . Why though would there be a need for Celtic of all clubs to have a presence there . There is virtually no Celtic connection to Leith in football terms 

The Leith Celtic are heavily affiliated with The James Connolly Society and the Helping Hands Edinburgh Charity. 

They do not hide their support for the Irish Republican movement and have been noted for their involvement in many Republican gatherings in and around Edinburgh. 

Leith, Irish Tri-Colour, The Starry Plough and a Rising Phoenix.

download.jpeg.c7f4457e709863b40a1330b02db235a6.jpeg

pennants-by-brian-mcauley-sunny-leith-and-craigmillar-cscs.thumb.jpg.af0c90f1940134bb7c156a24a0c1149d.jpg

26841047-B8E5-4EFF-82D8-2AF9B01E7A58.jpeg.b71822559993aa267349a1ea0ab5e09a.thumb.jpeg.23c4cf598cc4d278d5715639a49e88bb.jpeg

Edited by dannymack

5 hours ago, dannymack said:

The Leith Celtic are heavily affiliated with The James Connolly Society and the Helping Hands Edinburgh Charity. 

They do not hide their support for the Irish Republican movement and have been noted for their involvement in many Republican gatherings in and around Edinburgh. 

Leith, Irish Tri-Colour, The Starry Plough and a Rising Phoenix.

download.jpeg.c7f4457e709863b40a1330b02db235a6.jpeg

pennants-by-brian-mcauley-sunny-leith-and-craigmillar-cscs.thumb.jpg.af0c90f1940134bb7c156a24a0c1149d.jpg

26841047-B8E5-4EFF-82D8-2AF9B01E7A58.jpeg.b71822559993aa267349a1ea0ab5e09a.thumb.jpeg.23c4cf598cc4d278d5715639a49e88bb.jpeg

So why not support Hibs?  Are Hibs not ‘political’ enough for them?