Scottish Cup v Morton - Mon 11/3 19:45 : Sold out ( updated )

martoon

Jambo in Bathgate
4 hours ago, Jamborose said:

I think the draw will be before the game on monday night.   it was before the airdrie game due to schedules in case the game goes to extra time and penalties 

It’s because of Viaplay. They want draw while they are still broadcasting. Hence why it took place after Celtic game in last round. BBC provide the camera and Sutherland. 

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• davemclaren

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• been here before

periodictabledancer
32 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

If we were drawn a home, would so many be moaning about a Monday night.

I will admit I don't travel anymore, but went to plenty midweek games at Ayr, Morton, Dundee Aberdeen in my day

Midweek football is all part of the game.

Just be glad you font follow an English club to away midweek fixtures.

:facepalm:

Not unless you face a 90 min drive through the rush jour traffic in Glasgow, no.

Jambof3tornado
6 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

We certainly will. But, have you seen the photo on the Hearts web-site?

Can you even imagine what it could be like should it be a wet & windy night?

Our away end at Thessanoliki was a death trap, but at least it was still 20 odd degrees come end of play.

Screenshot_20240216_120156_Chrome.jpg

https://gmfc.net/general-manager-stadium-update/

Info here on arrangements for the motherwell game,which made allowances for fans in uncovered areas squeezing into covered area in the event of rain,hence capacity well down on the 11k. Motherwell got 3k I think so pretty sure we wont take much more than that given the timing of the game so if you want a ticket you should get one.

Tommy Brown
21 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

:facepalm:

Not unless you face a 90 min drive through the rush jour traffic in Glasgow, no.

But you would be happy if Morton or Kilmarnock or Aberdeen fans were to make the trip to Tynecastle on a Monday night

Was my point, which you well knew

OmiyaHearts

I canny wait for this one. Me being a Weegie Jambo and the Mrs is a Morton fan from Paisley. Hopefully get to the game together.

I bet her the loser has to rimjob but she's no having it, don't blame her tbh

alicante jambo
2 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

This is far far from a Scottish football thing. Every major footballing nation sees games on any and all nights of the weeks these days. In England the Fifth round of the FA Cup are being played Monday-Wednesday and in Spain, Germany and France cup ties have been getting played on every day of the week. The tv companies dictate everything. 

Fair enough pal will take your word for it but the pittance we get from the tv companies surely isnt worth the inconvenience to the fans.

Randy Marsh
4 hours ago, Dunks said:

Was that the 1-1 game? Went to a replay.

Yeah I think Uche got the winner in the replay.

Gorgierools

Brilliant for me. In Rome that weekend for the six nations then back in Málaga Monday afternoon, sorted. Thought I was missing it.😁😁

19 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Yeah I think Uche got the winner in the replay.

We did make the final that year and got to see Hickey :D

colinmorewasgash

Why isn’t ra sellik the Monday night game most home fans and fewest away. 30 mins between livvy and weege. Sums up the logic of idiot or idiots in charge then again it is another one of petes pals that ***** from alloa mulraney the celtic supporting sfa el presidente.

indianajones

Not read the thread at all but just wanted to say and add that it's a ****ing disgrace Hearts fans are being forced to travel on a Monday night. Sunday in Airdrie was bad enough. 

They are running scared of us I think. Trying to disadvantage at any opportunity. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Not played through that way, but both Greenock and Gourock are meant to be very good courses.

Not played through that way, but both Greenock and Gourock are meant to be very good courses.

4 hours ago, ColinSmith1255 said:

Largs has a decent course with nice views over the Firth of Clyde. (If it doesn’t rain which it usually does)

6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

That's a plan.

6 hours ago, Sergemcmurto said:

Gleddoch house hotel and golf club about 8 miles from cappielow.  Decent course with equally decent facilities 

Cheers guys 

Seaside Dave

Personally it's a shite one. Monday night no pub atmosphere before. No struggling to make way back to airport for an early morning flight home after a hard sleep on a plastic seat. I'll watch in the comfort of a sofa at home 😔😔 gutted this wasn't Friday evening 

Mikey1874

But you would be happy if Morton or Kilmarnock or Aberdeen fans were to make the trip to Tynecastle on a Monday night

No idea the point apart from slagging Hearts fans 

Can we assume you go to every game then?

8 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I'm going to take a day off and go, any decent golf tracks nearby, may as well make a day of it :lol:

https://www.skelmorliegolf.co.uk/

It’s got stunning views over the Clyde and is only about 12 miles from Cappielow.

Tommy Brown
15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No idea the point apart from slagging Hearts fans 

Can we assume you go to every game then?

I admitted I don't go anymore.

I went a lot in the long past.

I am only slagging off moaning about a kick off time, which is a standard midweek kick off time.

If we were drawn at home, there would be no complaints.

Monday night Scottish Cup quarter final scheduling for telly. Ludicrous.

If television is ruling the Scottish game, it’s time ALL teams reaped the revenue. 

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, indianajones said:

Not read the thread at all but just wanted to say and add that it's a ****ing disgrace Hearts fans are being forced to travel on a Monday night. Sunday in Airdrie was bad enough. 

They are running scared of us I think. Trying to disadvantage at any opportunity. 

Aye!  Anyone twittering we'd be happy if it was Aberdeen, Hibs etc., is missing the point.  Its not them!  It's  Hearts supporters.  Why not Friday night?  Why not Rangers or Celtic on Monday? 

We all know why!  SFA lickspittles.

Expect a lot of inconveniences, especially if we hit the ground running next season. 

davemclaren
3 hours ago, indianajones said:

No-one is forced to travel.  

Fozzyonthefence
4 hours ago, indianajones said:

**** me, what a state to get in! 😂

Yeah it’s a shite night to have it on but you don’t seriously think that the SFA are shitting themselves that we’re a threat to the OF do you?!

As for Sunday in Airdrie, isn’t any day in Airdrie bad enough?!

Fozzyonthefence

I admitted I don't go anymore.

I went a lot in the long past.

I am only slagging off moaning about a kick off time, which is a standard midweek kick off time.

If we were drawn at home, there would be no complaints.

To be fair, none of these ties were supposed to be midweek.   They were all supposed to be weekend.  I’m not buying into some anti Hearts agenda though.  Viaplay were always going to choose the Celtic and Rangers games and dictate when they were played. 

Is what it is. We've had a quarter-final on a Monday before and went all the way to the final 🤷‍♀️

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Fair point, but **** anyone who voted for us to be demoted. 

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

To be fair, none of these ties were supposed to be midweek.   They were all supposed to be weekend.  I’m not buying into some anti Hearts agenda though.  Viaplay were always going to choose the Celtic and Rangers games and dictate when they were played. 

Spot on, they easiest draw on paper was always going to be Friday or Monday really. 

Tommy Brown
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fair point, but **** anyone who voted for us to be demoted. 

Fair point too :lol:

SectionDJambo
11 hours ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Why isn’t ra sellik the Monday night game most home fans and fewest away. 30 mins between livvy and weege. Sums up the logic of idiot or idiots in charge then again it is another one of petes pals that ***** from alloa mulraney the celtic supporting sfa el presidente.

They come from all over Scotland and some of them need to take the ferry over. Not convenient for them on a Monday.

It shows how easily some fans have been brainwashed into thinking it's ok to mess with the punters who actually show up and pay good money for travel and tickets, that they don't see anything wrong with a quarter final cup tie not being scheduled for a weekend, which could have included the Friday evening for one of the ties. Midweek for a replay, or a rescheduled postponement, is an entirely different matter

That old greetin' face, Jim McLean, was right all those years ago, when he said that being too reliant on tv money would result in the broadcasters dictating kick off times, to the detriment of the fans who go to games.

Uberjambo
18 hours ago, Disser Pointon said:

Surely the Hearts game stops you getting to the Judas Priest concert or you're not a PHM! Uberjambo indeed. 🤩

Ah, Mon Ami. You misunderstand. I am a fat b*****d.

south morocco

The root of the problem is Viaplay taking the OF games on a Saturday and (Sunday this round) Everyone else is swept aside unless one of them is out. Sadly all clubs must have agreed this before the season started. We need to look at better TV deals again. Won’t hold my breath, it’s frustrating. What does Viaplay actually deliver except OF content? 

John Findlay

Well we know when it is. We have had a good moan at the date and KO time.

Let's forget that now and make sure when the time comes we do the business, just in the same way we did at Spartans and Airdrie.

Edited by John Findlay

GlasgoJambo
24 minutes ago, Uberjambo said:

Ah, Mon Ami. You misunderstand. I am a fat b*****d.

:lol:

davemclaren
27 minutes ago, south morocco said:

The root of the problem is Viaplay taking the OF games on a Saturday and (Sunday this round) Everyone else is swept aside unless one of them is out. Sadly all clubs must have agreed this before the season started. We need to look at better TV deals again. Won’t hold my breath, it’s frustrating. What does Viaplay actually deliver except OF content? 

I imagine they deliver money.  💰💶

The Treasurer
12 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

Fair enough pal will take your word for it but the pittance we get from the tv companies surely isnt worth the inconvenience to the fans.

This is the point that some people are missing. 

The revenue from that we get from tv is not worth inconveniencing the fans that want to go to games. 

13 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I canny wait for this one. Me being a Weegie Jambo and the Mrs is a Morton fan from Paisley. Hopefully get to the game together.

I'm in Killie, so I'll try and get across too

Percival King
45 minutes ago, south morocco said:

I agree but the situation isn't unique to Scotland. Not one game in the next round of the FA Cup is at the weekend and Maidstone's reward for getting so far is a Monday night game over 100 miles away, around London, in Coventry. Fans attending matches in plenty of countries and competitions are down the list of "stakeholders", been like that for years (iirc, we had a 9pm kick off against Stuttgart, for German tv). I'm not defending our football authorities, just highlighting that they aren't the only ones who don't seem to care about the fans. Just glad my teenage and early 20s years were when we had Saturday 3pm and Wednesday 7:30pm or 7:45pm kick offs, even for big games.

Mikey1874
47 minutes ago, Percival King said:

I agree but the situation isn't unique to Scotland. Not one game in the next round of the FA Cup is at the weekend and Maidstone's reward for getting so far is a Monday night game over 100 miles away, around London, in Coventry. Fans attending matches in plenty of countries and competitions are down the list of "stakeholders", been like that for years (iirc, we had a 9pm kick off against Stuttgart, for German tv). I'm not defending our football authorities, just highlighting that they aren't the only ones who don't seem to care about the fans. Just glad my teenage and early 20s years were when we had Saturday 3pm and Wednesday 7:30pm or 7:45pm kick offs, even for big games.

I don't go to games in England.

Don't get the point. 

If you talk about anything you do, I can criticise you because someone else has it harder. Is that how we should live?

Edited by Mikey1874

14 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I always go to games with my dad

Percival King
25 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I don't go to games in England.

Don't get the point. 

If you talk about anything you do, I can criticise you because someone else has it harder. Is that how we should live?

As you say, you don't get the point and your final paragraph certainly demonstrates that. Not sure I can make it much clearer for you so I won't try.

Wee Hammy

I’m pretty sure that the fans of all the German clubs united to get Monday night league games a no go - but I could be wrong😊

Cameronstheman

Member Hearts used to put busses on from Tynie, maybe that could be a consideration !!

south morocco
2 hours ago, Percival King said:

Ach I know. I’m just moaning. That fact that everyone bar the OF will get these fixtures irks me . Can’t upset these cretins though, that wouldn’t do. They get the prime time fixtures. It’s wrong but it’s Scottish football in a nutshell (again) rant over 🙄

15 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Vastly underrated post imo

3 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Why not the Friday night?

Because I’m going to Jerry Sadowitz that night so I asked for that to be taken into account. 

On 17/02/2024 at 10:05, TheBigO said:

I always go to games with my dad

Made me chuckle .:lol:

Chuck Berry

Where do you park these days at Cappielow? years and years since I've been there.

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup v Morton - Mon 11/3 19:45 : Sold out ( updated )
  • davemclaren locked this topic