Scottish Cup v Morton - Mon 11/3 19:45 : Sold out ( updated )

martoon

been here before
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Can see it here.

Awww look you still managed to post a link :rofl:

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• davemclaren

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• been here before

40 minutes ago, DS98 said:

That’ll cut our support down by about 50%. Morton will be gutted. 

It won't. Whatever allocation we get, we will sell.

Shocking day and time for a Cup game! Hearts and Morton should be having a word about this. That's 4 of us not going now, poor poor show SFA again.

SectionDJambo

The SFA don’t care about the punters, as long as all arrangements are convenient for them.

A showpiece tournament being reduced to random kick off times with absolutely no thought for fans.

Wee Mikey
19 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

We certainly will. But, have you seen the photo on the Hearts web-site?

Can you even imagine what it could be like should it be a wet & windy night?

Our away end at Thessanoliki was a death trap, but at least it was still 20 odd degrees come end of play.

Screenshot_20240216_120156_Chrome.jpg

16 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

It doesn’t matter what our initial allocation is, that can change easily. Its the amount of fans now unable to go.

If you think that the same amount of fans can/will make a game in Greenock on a Monday night that would say a Saturday or Sunday 3pm then you’re sadly mistaken I’m afraid. 

Bazzas right boot

Monday is a bit shite,  but the traffic etc is the same as a Tues/wed pm league or league Cup game.

Mondays are a bit quieter post covid anaw.

Still a bit shite tho, not a fam of Monday night football, the Friday night game BT had going was good, no OF either.

karipidis

Semi final was drawn last year after the conclusion of the Monday night game between Falkirk and Ayr, so draw will be done after the game. 

4 minutes ago, DS98 said:

It doesn’t matter what our initial allocation is, that can change easily. Its the amount of fans now unable to go.

If you think that the same amount of fans can/will make a game in Greenock on a Monday night that would say a Saturday or Sunday 3pm then you’re sadly mistaken I’m afraid. 

We will still sell our allocation, regardless of how many can't make it. It's not a great ko time, but it's hardly going to Inverness or Dingwall. 

Jamborose

I think the draw will be before the game on monday night.   it was before the airdrie game due to schedules in case the game goes to extra time and penalties 

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Another silver lining, gives us 8 days to recover from Rangers, Hibs, Celtic, could actually be quite important

I'm loving your positivity. 👍

Pasquale for King

Said on Wednesday we would get the Monday slot on BBC 🤦🏽

1 minute ago, Jamborose said:

I think the draw will be before the game on monday night.   it was before the airdrie game due to schedules in case the game goes to extra time and penalties 

They can draw it before or after the match, it won't make a difference.
Numbers will be the same as Greenock Morton/Heart of Midlothian can't shift the alphabetical order of any potential lineup. 

John Findlay
16 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Semi final was drawn last year after the conclusion of the Monday night game between Falkirk and Ayr, so draw will be done after the game. 

That is no guarantee the same will happen this time.

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

The SFA don’t care about the punters, as long as all arrangements are convenient for them.

A showpiece tournament being reduced to random kick off times with absolutely no thought for fans.

Spot on, whisper it but the other 3 games are bound to be causing problems too. The early Saturday game for Killie and Rangers fans through here all day before a 5:30 ko on the Sunday. 

Randy Marsh

Did we not play Partick away on a Monday night 18-19 SC Quarter Final? We took loads through. Its a better time than a Saturday lunchtime anyway.

Wee Mikey

Another musical time-out:-

Last Train to Glasgow Central:-

A one two, a one, two, three, four ...

🎶🎵🎶

Last train to Glasgow Central
You better catch this one
And you better have a ticket 'cos here's the man
Biddie biddie bum bum to Glasgow Central

We had a great time, you couldn't wack it
Spent all my money, and pawned my jacket
And on the train, gain hame
I was hidin' in the lavi when the ticket man came
Biddie biddie bell bum to Glasgow Central

You better catch this one
And you better have a ticket 'cos here's the man
Biddie biddie bum bum to Glasgow Central

🎶🎵🎶

Uberjambo

Ah well. Never thought that when I bought a Judas Priest ticket for a Monday night in March that it would stop me getting to a Hearts game.

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup v Morton - Mon 11/3 19:45 ( updated )
Boris5115
46 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

We certainly will. But, have you seen the photo on the Hearts web-site?

Can you even imagine what it could be like should it be a wet & windy night?

Our away end at Thessanoliki was a death trap, but at least it was still 20 odd degrees come end of play.

Screenshot_20240216_120156_Chrome.jpg

Id hang each and everyone of those clowns responsible for this decision from that crane. Ludicrous. 

Disser Pointon
4 minutes ago, Uberjambo said:

Ah well. Never thought that when I bought a Judas Priest ticket for a Monday night in March that it would stop me getting to a Hearts game.

Surely the Hearts game stops you getting to the Judas Priest concert or you're not a PHM! Uberjambo indeed. 🤩

Edited by Disser Pointon

Wee Mikey
5 minutes ago, Uberjambo said:

Hopefully, our travelling support won't need any painkillers after a resounding 🏆 tie victory.

You, on the other hand?

😎🤟😎

1971fozzy

Gutted. We will miss this one now as we’d never get back in time to Edinburgh for a connecting train. And not driving that time through there. What a shambles. 

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Plus being on the telly.

It's going to be a long day, and a late night.

It might require a stop-over which is OK for us auld retired gits wi' nowt to do come Tue.

But ... for those wishing to attend with kids? On a school night?

Totally thoughtless scheduling.

Nelly Terraces
2 hours ago, Homme said:

Monday :rofl:

Morton will be spewing too.

Yep. Just spoke to a guy I know through work who’s a Morton fan & he said they are all gutted at the day/time of the game. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm going to take a day off and go, any decent golf tracks nearby, may as well make a day of it :lol:

Another Robbo
28 minutes ago, Uberjambo said:

I feel your pain. Had to miss a European tie earlier in the season  as I had tickets to Devo. Did manage to catch the first half on my phone though 😎

Wee Mikey
3 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Yep. Just spoke to a guy I know through work who’s a Morton fan & he said they are all gutted at the day/time of the game. 

Precisely. Not even good for the locals.

south morocco

As usual the OF get the favourable kick off times due to Viaplay OF Tv. The clubs must have agreed this though at the start of the season which is very  annoying. Scottish football showing again its run for two clubs only. 

2 hours ago, McCrae said:

Did the club have any input into this. Did they consider the difficulty fans would face.? I would expect our club to stand up for the fans and call this out. Totally unacceptable scheduling.

I reckon the TV stations just tell the clubs when they want the games to be played and there's little we can do about it.

Sergemcmurto

I'm going to take a day off and go, any decent golf tracks nearby, may as well make a day of it :lol:

Gleddoch house hotel and golf club about 8 miles from cappielow.  Decent course with equally decent facilities 

Jambof3tornado

Monday night suits me as on holiday in wales and not back till saturday teatime at best!!!!

I do understand why folk are pissed with this slot though!

Bongo 1874

That's a plan.

Bongo 1874
16 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Monday night suits me as on holiday in wales and not back till saturday teatime at best!!!!

I do understand why folk are pissed with this slot though!

We are always ****ed over and looked down upon,it's not new,it's what is to be expected run by incompetent arseholes.

Jambof3tornado
12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We are always ****ed over and looked down upon,it's not new,it's what is to be expected run by incompetent arseholes.

Viaplay quite clearly holding the cards here,bbc getting scraps. Wonder how much all the clubs get out of the viaplay deal?

2 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Did we not play Partick away on a Monday night 18-19 SC Quarter Final? We took loads through. Its a better time than a Saturday lunchtime anyway.

Was that the 1-1 game? Went to a replay.

jambosean75
2 hours ago, Uberjambo said:

i'm in the same boat :vangry:

Beware of Cartsdyke station, especially after game. I recall getting into some fisticufs many years ago at a pre season game (Joe Jordan era maybe) and I know of a few other clubs fans who have been ambushed there.  

No Idle Talk

A massive get it right up you to fans of Kilmarnock and Hearts. Do the people running our game actually want stadiums to be full or as full as possible? It sure doesn't seem like it.

Still, the scheduling worked out nicely for fans of the Old Firm. That's the main thing eh.

HAMILTON HEARTS

Plenty tickets for anyone want to go then 

ColinSmith1255
3 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Largs has a decent course with nice views over the Firth of Clyde. (If it doesn’t rain which it usually does)

alicante jambo

Nobody should be surprised. The game in scotland is run by amaeteur selfish individuals. Has been for years. Only hearts.

joondalupjambo
4 hours ago, Sir PH said:

We will still sell our allocation, regardless of how many can't make it. It's not a great ko time, but it's hardly going to Inverness or Dingwall. 

In relation to starting from where PH?  To get to Greenock the majority will be travelling via at least two, or three possible pinch points of travel and at terrible times.  Inverness or Dingwall although a long way is one straight journey via way less congested roads for the majority who go.  We may still sell our allocation, hope so for the players sake and our chances of winning the tie but Greenock will be a mare to get to for 6.30 and a pint or two.

Was planning to go to this with my mate and his son, as assumed it was going to be Friday or the weekend. 

colinmaroon
3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Plus being on the telly.

It's going to be a long day, and a late night.

It might require a stop-over which is OK for us auld retired gits wi' nowt to do come Tue.

But ... for those wishing to attend with kids? On a school night?

Totally thoughtless scheduling.

It was very thoughtful.  Couldn't have the Uglies playing on a Monday night with a whole 30 minute journey down to Greenock.  Got to consider Ugly fans come from all over Scotland.

So **** Hearts supporters.

Luckies1874
25 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Nobody should be surprised. The game in scotland is run by amaeteur selfish individuals. Has been for years. Only hearts.

This is far far from a Scottish football thing. Every major footballing nation sees games on any and all nights of the weeks these days. In England the Fifth round of the FA Cup are being played Monday-Wednesday and in Spain, Germany and France cup ties have been getting played on every day of the week. The tv companies dictate everything. 

Tommy Brown

If we were drawn a home, would so many be moaning about a Monday night.

I will admit I don't travel anymore, but went to plenty midweek games at Ayr, Morton, Dundee Aberdeen in my day

Midweek football is all part of the game.

Just be glad you font follow an English club to away midweek fixtures.

Shipwrecked
4 hours ago, Uberjambo said:

Me too. Just as well you pointed this out before I bought tickets for the Cup game. 

ToadKiller Dog

Why is a late kick off Saturday not avaliable ? Not as if the bbc scotland channel is competing with the epl for views. 

Scotland are in Italy for the egg ball chasing .

Is it because the bbc can't cover 2 live games on same day?.

Has there been a reason given for Monday night .

I can go as I'm on holiday so travelling no probs ,just don't see why a Monday night .

Tommy Brown
4 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Not played through that way, but both Greenock and Gourock are meant to be very good courses.

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup v Morton - Mon 11/3 19:45 : Sold out ( updated )
  • davemclaren locked this topic