Scottish Cup v Morton - Mon 11/3 19:45 : Sold out ( updated )

martoon

ArcticJambo
Just now, been here before said:

Played to a finish on the night.

:thumbsup: so all-day sesh via public transport a bit ropey then.

Appears there's a half tenish train to Central due in 18 past 11 giving 25 mins to get to QS fo rlast train home departing 11:43pm  Risky!

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• davemclaren

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• been here before

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Appears there's a half tenish train to Central due in 18 past 11 giving 25 mins to get to QS fo rlast train home departing 11:43pm  Risky!

After train problems last round getting to airdrie very risky

3 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

Last time I remember being there was Boxing Day '87. No score draw, baltic and the car wouldn't start. Had to get towed all the way home. CAsh in hand job but still got an unexpected AA membership out of it. Cheers Mr. AAman.

Anybody know if this game is settled on the night, or are their replays at this stage>

I was at that one, too. Later in the evening, bumped into  a couple of our players celebrating at the Anchorage  in Troon which, believe it or not, as quite a trendy haunt in these days …

anyway, great that the tickets are sold out and cannae wait for this …

SwindonJambo
21 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Screenshot_20240223-210035.png

I caught that train last Friday night. I expected late night boozy carnage but it was perfectly fine and not that busy.

montheton

For all the hearts fans who ain't been to a good old fashioned nostalgic ground like cappielow, this guy does my head in but if you watch it through you can get a feel for how a night under the lights is ,you will love it behind the goal .

montheton

Here is a we look at a good old fashioned stadium atmosphere during cup night under the lights at cappielow , you guys will love it behind the goal.

This guy is a bit annoying but gives you a we feel for it 

montheton
18 hours ago, montheton said:

Here is a we look at a good old fashioned stadium atmosphere during cup night under the lights at cappielow , you guys will love it behind the goal.

Never ment to post this twice well done and respect to you lot selling out your allocation so fast . Let's hope your confidence is knocked a we bit today were 15 unbeaten btw on a run buzzing for this one

heartyhub

Could do with another ticket for this game if anyone has a spare my daughter has decided she would like to come with us.

colinmaroon

Back in 60's I was at a superb cup tie at Cappielow - 3-3 (we won replay 2-0).  Missed the last train and paid for a taxi from Glasgow Central, cost me a fortune.

It is going to be tough. 

fabienleclerq
On 23/02/2024 at 21:24, SwindonJambo said:

I caught that train last Friday night. I expected late night boozy carnage but it was perfectly fine and not that busy.

Always is, second last one is normally the worse of them but even then it's never too bad unless there's a big event on.

Mosher007
On 23/02/2024 at 16:09, ArcticJambo said:

You can get a bus (Megabus.com) from Buchanan Street on the hour thru the night very reasonably priced and takes 15 minutes longer than the train 

ArcticJambo
58 minutes ago, Mosher007 said:

You can get a bus (Megabus.com) from Buchanan Street on the hour thru the night very reasonably priced and takes 15 minutes longer than the train 

Top man, thank you. :thumbsup:  Getting back to Glasgow city centre is the one that I feared for most but there are ways and means there.

Mosher007
12 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Top man, thank you. :thumbsup:  Getting back to Glasgow city centre is the one that I feared for most but there are ways and means there.

No probs I used it recently when trains were being diverted 👍

ArcticJambo
25 minutes ago, Mosher007 said:

No probs I used it recently when trains were being diverted 👍

Might just go that way on the Edin-Glasgow leg now come to think of it, though I do enjoy a train.

If I get the Tue off work it could all get a bit messy, turn it into a Sat 3pm Cup away day sesh! :D

Watt-Zeefuik
On 23/02/2024 at 20:02, montheton said:

Yeah the guy is kind of annoying but he does better than I could have managed making a video like that. Really great footage of the old ground. This is why Scottish football is so underrated and so worth following, thanks for sharing.

As an aside I hadn't realized that Imrie was their manager. Absolutely hated him as a player but he does have them doing well.

been here before
5 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

As an aside I hadn't realized that Imrie was their manager. Absolutely hated him as a player but he does have them doing well

As a player he was a rancid, horrible, snottery, wee Celticy ***** but as much as it pains me to write this he is doing well there and he came over really well in the post match interview following the Motherwell game.

Christ I feel dirty writing that. Going to have to run AVG to clean up my phone now 

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, been here before said:

As a player he was a rancid, horrible, snottery, wee Celticy ***** but as much as it pains me to write this he is doing well there and he came over really well in the post match interview following the Motherwell game.

Christ I feel dirty writing that. Going to have to run AVG to clean up my phone now 

I'm just glad I can go back to hating Elbows McCulloch. Hated having to bite my tongue about him. Hated the damage he did to us last year but at least it feels right with the world that I'm seething at him again.

40 minutes ago, been here before said:

Celticy? 

been here before
1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

Celticy? 

Aye Celticy.

What is it you're struggling with or offended about now?

Aye Celticy.

What is it you're struggling with or offended about now?

Nothing. Dougie Imrie is a Rangers fan. So, not for the first time, and definitely not the last time, you're talking utter mince.👍

been here before
Just now, Sir PH said:

Nothing. Dougie Imrie is a Rangers fan. So, not for the first time, and definitely not the last time, you're talking utter mince.👍

Rangers fans can be horrible, manky, slimy, scaffy Celticy types. You of all people really should know that.

Just now, been here before said:

Rangers fans can be horrible, manky, slimy, scaffy Celticy types. You of all people really should know that.

Keep it up. I like when the board's self appointed know all (you don't really know it all) gets it totally wrong.

been here before
Just now, Sir PH said:

Keep it up. I like when the board's self appointed know all (you don't really know it all) gets it totally wrong.

Folk that arent into football can be Celticy.

Nae surprise youre standing by a fellow Currant mind. Staunch.

Folk that arent into football can be Celticy.

Nae surprise youre standing by a fellow Currant mind. Staunch.

"Standing by" for pointing out you are talking garbage? 😂 I like when others (and me) point out your nonsense. You don't like it at all.

been here before
5 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

"Standing by" for pointing out you are talking garbage? 😂 I like when others (and me) point out your nonsense. You don't like it at all.

What is it you think Im wrong about hrre? Saying one of your fellow currants seems a bit Celticy aye?

Thats where you're coming from here is it? Thats what Im wrong about? Thats what I "dont like at all"?

:lol:

Ok champ, you've got me, you win the internet. Is it not your tea time or something? :rofl:

Edited by been here before

On 23/02/2024 at 16:09, ArcticJambo said:

You can get from central to queen street in 5 mins if you walk quick enough so plenty time as long as train arrives in to central on time 

7 minutes ago, been here before said:

What is it you think Im wrong about hrre? Saying one of your fellow currants seems a bit Celticy aye?

Thats where you're coming from here is it? Thats what Im wrong about? Thats what I "dont like at all"?

Ok champ, you've got me, you win the internet. Is it not your tea time or something? :rofl:

Some state to get in to.😁

ArcticJambo
Just now, theshed said:

You can get from central to queen street in 5 mins if you walk quick enough so plenty time as long as train arrives in to central on time 

Aye, should be easy enough if I've sobered up by then - standing amongst those benches in the shadow of Jimmy Watt crane should, you;d think, achieve that!  With risky I meant more so the whole ever reliant Scotrail, out of Greenock late on a Monday night thingy.

Geordie Jambo
On 24/02/2024 at 01:02, montheton said:

Where is best for car parking?

Forza Cuore
23 minutes ago, Geordie Jambo said:

Where is best for car parking?

Probably Edinburgh.

2 hours ago, been here before said:

It does sound a bit counter intuitive.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
24 minutes ago, iceking5 said:

Anyone got their tickets via post yet?

Still waiting though I could see a GP before I see a postie

soonbe110
15 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

It does sound a bit counter intuitive.

Not really.  I have a mate who supports Hearts and Liverpool.  Always moaning about the ref and var decisions that go against his teams even when the decisions are correct. I regularly accuse him of being Celticy or a closet Celtic  fan as he thinks he is always the vicTim.

ArcticJambo
37 minutes ago, iceking5 said:

You mean the piece of A4 with a QR code, some fold here lines and a wee Morton Logo? :lol:

Should fool the posties at least, well the Hibs minded ones anyway!

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not really.  I have a mate who supports Hearts and Liverpool.  Always moaning about the ref and var decisions that go against his teams even when the decisions are correct. I regularly accuse him of being Celticy or a closet Celtic  fan as he thinks he is always the vicTim.

Okay then.

been here before
11 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Careful now or you'll have @Sir PH on your ass, beating you until you're a broken man like I am this morning all because he struggles with the dichotomy of some phrases and their meaning.

Please heed this warning.

soonbe110
2 hours ago, been here before said:

Careful now or you'll have @Sir PH on your ass, beating you until you're a broken man like I am this morning all because he struggles with the dichotomy of some phrases and their meaning.

Please heed this warning.

👍thanks for caring😂😂

davemclaren

Referring to a Rangers fan as Celticy is counter intuitive but I suppose it must be a huge insult for them. 🥸

Jack Torrance
42 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Referring to a Rangers fan as Celticy is counter intuitive but I suppose it must be a huge insult for them. 🥸

It's hard to distinguish between the two, to be fair.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

It's hard to distinguish between the two, to be fair.

Two sides of the same coin, as they say. 😄

On 26/02/2024 at 20:23, iceking5 said:

Just arrived :flagwave:

Went to the ticket office to collect and they just printed an A4 with a QR code on it. Surely that could have just been emailed 🤷‍♂️

26 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Went to the ticket office to collect and they just printed an A4 with a QR code on it. Surely that could have just been emailed 🤷‍♂️

Yeah no expense spared on the tickets 😄

Tickets look easy to forge FFS

Pretty amateur tbh 

Not knocking Morton in any way as I like them but I was shocked when I got them 😳

3 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Tickets look easy to forge FFS

Pretty amateur tbh 

Not knocking Morton in any way as I like them but I was shocked when I got them 😳

Yeah Imagine they we're playing Celtic and did the same.

• davemclaren locked this topic