• King prawn

• feej

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Wee Mikey said:

It sometimes happens ...

partick thistle vs heart of midlothian f.c. https://g.co/kgs/Qifs3SJ

Indeed. Maybe poorly worded from me. Can’t see that sort of scoreline on Saturday. 

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, karipidis said:

Sibbick, deary me. 

He's another that I believe if you get behind him,he will come good 👍

Edited by Bongo 1874

Wee Mikey
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Indeed. Maybe poorly worded from me. Can’t see that sort of scoreline on Saturday. 

I can ... but I have belief.

😆

karipidis
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Okay I disagree to throw Sibbick in a position he’s not played for us for a very long time.

now can you explain no Shankland in your team? 

Wee Mikey
Just now, waterboy11 said:

Bit odd - but how come we are playing them again so quickly? 

They have catch-up games.

karipidis
Just now, waterboy11 said:

I believe the home game was rescheduled when we were in the League Cup semi final. The rescheduled game just happened to fall close to the away game. 

Wee Mikey
Just now, karipidis said:

I believe the home game was rescheduled when we were in the League Cup semi final. The rescheduled game just happened to fall close to the away game. 

That happens SO often ... meeting the same team twice within a week.

Hopefully we'll give them a double whammy.

waterboy11
2 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Ah thank you - makes sense then

Bongo 1874
4 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Okay I disagree to throw Sibbick in a position he’s not played for us for a very long time.

now can you explain no Shankland in your team? 

Go with pace upfront and more direct,Dundee will Press and try to catch us playing out from the back,when need someone who will go in behind and use his pace.

If it doesn't work, he's a great option to have on the Bench.

FerryJambo81
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I'll second that, always believed there's a good player in there. Undoubtedly a confidence player.

Got the raw attributes, speed, strength etc. Its the 6 inches between the ears, clearly doesn't have awareness to play anywhere except centrally. Looked at his worse wide in defence, just positionally naive too often

Funny how he's one of the most devisive players at the club. I still think he could have a pretty bloody good career, whether happens here remains to be seen

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Looking forward to this , my 1st time ever going by train because always went either by supporters bus or car, 2-0 HMFC Shankland and Kingsley 

Just need to go on some big boat to complete the set!

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Just need to go on some big boat to complete the set!

Done that many moons ago when we played St Patrick's buddy

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, waterboy11 said:

The game last Tuesday was postponed from the weekend of the league cup semifinals. 

Edit: I see already answered! 

Edited by FarmerTweedy

gregzy2k7

Scumdee 0 - 1 Hearts 

Alan Forrest to score the winner.

Gordon

Kent Halks Kingsley

Dexter Beni Hoff Cochrane 

Grant 

Forrest Shankland

kingantti1874

I don’t think Dundee are poor tbh.  They’ve made some very good upgrades in Jan and the big they now have up front is decent.  Livi are poor but hitting them for 4 away is a decent achievement.  

any sort of win will do 

RustyRightPeg
13 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Start 352.

Gordon 

Kent Halkett Kingsley 

Sibbick

Lembikisa Nieuwenhof Tait Cochrane 

Grant

Vargas

Drop Shankland hahahahahahaha

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Should be a decent game, Dundee got another away game at Pittodrie tomorrow, think our freshness will carry us through, was semi impressed with Dundee, but they look a bit vulnerable at the back still, not a low block team though by nature.

Skacelsid

Although we have been getting away with it, we need to start games better. IMO. Our default tho is to contain and win it later (using the bench). It can be a hard watch but that's the way we will go, to be fair it has worked well for us especially away. The last three games have been a struggle, we were even cautious against Spartans and would like to see us being more positive from the kickoff, an early goal counts the same as a late one.

Cant believe ive missed the ticket sale for this one....any chance we could get more?....or im on the beg for a few tickets !

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, moz said:

Cant believe ive missed the ticket sale for this one....any chance we could get more?....or im on the beg for a few tickets !

Not sure where they would put us if that's the away end sold out.  Maybe one end of the main stand. 🤷‍♂️

14 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Start 352.

Gordon 

Kent Halkett Kingsley 

Sibbick

Lembikisa Nieuwenhof Tait Cochrane 

Grant

Vargas

You've finally properly chucked it, dude!!!

I'd be going with the team that started against Aberdeen but tweaking the midfield to get them higher up the pitch when we have the ball.  Beni needs to play 10 yards higher up the pitch in possession.

Only thing I'd maybe say is the lad Bakayoko is a unit, so would we maybe want Shanks against him?!  That said, Kingsley dealt with Miovski just fine.  Got away from him once and it was only cos Kingsley had to cover Barron when Beni was fouled.

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not sure where they would put us if that's the away end sold out.  Maybe one end of the main stand. 🤷‍♂️

That's what I was thinking [hoping]...but not sure if that's a thing Dundee even do at all..?

Live in hope...but will take any spares going...

9 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

Although we have been getting away with it, we need to start games better. IMO. Our default tho is to contain and win it later (using the bench). It can be a hard watch but that's the way we will go, to be fair it has worked well for us especially away. The last three games have been a struggle, we were even cautious against Spartans and would like to see us being more positive from the kickoff, an early goal counts the same as a late one.

I'm no sure its the plan mate!!  Against Dundee and Ross Co, we actually started the better team, but if we don't get the breakthrough in the first 10 mins, we seem to lose a bit control.  Dundee scored a very very good goal from one positional lapse and it changed the game.  These are sliding doors moments.  Aberdeen were the better team out the gate, right enough, but for all their bluster, they didn't really bother us.

I think too much being made of it.  We need to get the ball in the net is the thing.  We've had quite a few games - St Johnstone at home and Livvy spring to mind which have ended up tight but we should have tucked them away having battered them early.

Dundee are absolutely a decent side, who play good football and have threats, but what we saw last week is that their frailty lies in their defence.  Play with wingers and our FBs bombing and we'll get in.  Got to convert when we do, though.

JimmyCant
14 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Should be a decent game, Dundee got another away game at Pittodrie tomorrow, think our freshness will carry us through, was semi impressed with Dundee, but they look a bit vulnerable at the back still, not a low block team though by nature.

Decent side this season Dundee. They’ll finish 4th IMO.

Be happy enough with a draw in this to keep them at arms length 

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

A draw won't be a terrible result at all.  Keep us ticking.  Would like 7 points out of the next 3, but 5 would also not be a distaster (weirdly, 6 would obv be more points, but I'd rather stay unbeaten!!!!)

I always wanted a minimum of 14 points from this 7 game spread and thought 15 or more would be excellent.  We have 10 from the first 4 games.  Done really, really well.

Get 5 points from our next 3, it leaves us needing 13 points from 12 games to get to 60, which I'm 99.999999% sure secures 3rd.  And actually with up to 5 points to spare.  What would be nice, but a bit overconfident here, would be to tie it up with games to spare and have the chance to give guys a run with next season in mind.

tiger Rudi
14 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

"If it doesn't work, he's a great option to have on the Bench" .

Didn't think I'd ever hear a Hearts fan describe Shankland as this. My god man you don't drop your talisman and captain.

Take him off when we are cruising.....at a push.....and only to give Tagawa minutes. 

4-2-3-1 worked well the last game and a half and gives us another attacking player on the pitch which is what a lot of us have been asking for. But…. 3-5-2 has worked very well and has probably been a big reason why our away form has been good. We look Solid, 3 in the middle of the park so we are not overran, and also a threat up front as someone has played close to/off Shankland. Seemed to have found a formation that works away from home

Will be interesting to see what we do 

24 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

They've looked decent but 4th is a massive stretch given they've won 6 games all season and 3 of them were Livingston

Is McCowan suspended for tomorrow or against us? Dundee have a tough few weeks ahead - 7 games in 29 days. That'll test their squad depth somewhat. Whilst they're a decent enough side, I don't see them catching Kilmarnock for 4th. we can pretty much ensure that on Saturday.

JimmyCant
5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

A draw won't be a terrible result at all.  Keep us ticking.  Would like 7 points out of the next 3, but 5 would also not be a distaster (weirdly, 6 would obv be more points, but I'd rather stay unbeaten!!!!)

I always wanted a minimum of 14 points from this 7 game spread and thought 15 or more would be excellent.  We have 10 from the first 4 games.  Done really, really well.

Get 5 points from our next 3, it leaves us needing 13 points from 12 games to get to 60, which I'm 99.999999% sure secures 3rd.  And actually with up to 5 points to spare.  What would be nice, but a bit overconfident here, would be to tie it up with games to spare and have the chance to give guys a run with next season in mind.

Yeh our record after the split has never been that great so probably we’d like to get there with the 10 point gap intact. Tough run for us in February with games coming thick and fast including a run of Rangers/Hibs/Celtic at the end of the month.

Even losing at Dens you’d like to think we win the two after that

soonbe110
31 minutes ago, moz said:

That's what I was thinking [hoping]...but not sure if that's a thing Dundee even do at all..?

Live in hope...but will take any spares going...

They have done it in the past but current ownership are oddballs so who knows. 

soonbe110
5 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

They've looked decent but 4th is a massive stretch given they've won 6 games all season and 3 of them were Livingston

And one us. 

soonbe110
5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Yeh our record after the split has never been that great so probably we’d like to get there with the 10 point gap intact. Tough run for us in February with games coming thick and fast including a run of Rangers/Hibs/Celtic at the end of the month.

Even losing at Dens you’d like to think we win the two after that

Yep post split could be tough his season.  If the usual suspects make top 6 we are way to Hibs, Aberdeen and Celtic home to Rangers and another 

karipidis
28 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yep ours to lose. Main concern is a non old firm team winning the Scottish, the Old Firm dont seem as strong as previous years but thankfully none of the other teams don't look up to much. Hopefully we can get a good run to the final. In a way, if we got the final I'd rather play the Old Firm than an Aberdeen or Kilmarnock. 

Hopefully Dundee manage to scrape out on top in a war of attrition game against the sheep mid week , but get lumps kicked out of them and pick up a few cards . Then we do them . A win or draw for St Mirren on the same day and it is Kilmarnock or nobody to catch us for third after that 

upgotheheads
3 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Scumdee 0 - 1 Hearts 

Alan Forrest to score the winner.

Gordon

Kent Halks Kingsley

Grant 

Forrest Shankland

Once we secure third place, which at the rate we're going might only be four or five league games away, will be the time to start rotating goalies, until then Zander is number one. Even then rotation would only be done to allow CG a chance to show his form for the Euro's third goalie (if there is one). 

Zander

Kent Halks Kingsley

Shankland

Vargas Forrest

37 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Yep ours to lose. Main concern is a non old firm team winning the Scottish, the Old Firm dont seem as strong as previous years but thankfully none of the other teams don't look up to much. Hopefully we can get a good run to the final. In a way, if we got the final I'd rather play the Old Firm than an Aberdeen or Kilmarnock. 

Yeah I know what you mean!  There'd be a lot at stake playing a non-OF team in the final.  But then that said, I think we'd win!!

The draw for the Scottish is interesting.  Barring some real shocks, all the big teams will be in the quarters.  Which could mean either all the big teams are in the semis, or that the draw means there are some big names removed at quarters stage and you could get an easier time in the semi.

pettigrewsstylist
15 hours ago, FerryJambo81 said:

I'll second that, always believed there's a good player in there. Undoubtedly a confidence player.

Got the raw attributes, speed, strength etc. Its the 6 inches between the ears, clearly doesn't have awareness to play anywhere except centrally. Looked at his worse wide in defence, just positionally naive too often

Funny how he's one of the most devisive players at the club. I still think he could have a pretty bloody good career, whether happens here remains to be seen

He could be one that could benefit from getting 3rd in the bag, mathematically, early, and get decent starting opportunities to show again.

3 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

0-3. 

Dundee are poor. 

They’re not

TexasAndy

This will be a tough game.  They have improved under Docherty.  I wouldn't be too disappointed with a point.  

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Once we secure third place, which at the rate we're going might only be four or five league games away, will be the time to start rotating goalies, until then Zander is number one. Even then rotation would only be done to allow CG a chance to show his form for the Euro's third goalie (if there is one). 

Zander

Kent Halks Kingsley

Shankland

Vargas Forrest

I have a funny feeling that you've nailed our starting 11.

That team, with what we'd have on the bench, should see off a tired Dundee side ... and they'll surely be jaded after two tough away fixtures?

Let's hope that we do the biz both halves, for once. I'd be a happy laddie not to have to suffer another late blood-pressure increasing final 10 minutes.

Plus, we really need to atone for this season's early fixture there as that gifted goal did for us. Ruined my journey home, so it did.

It looks very much like an away sell-out so I'm hoping that our ultras are in fine voice.

Wee Mikey
56 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

They’re not

They're not, but they rely on stout defending which we are increasingly improving on at breaking down ... eventually!

If we can be a tad quicker to spot attacking opportunities when their defence is out of shape then we'll get some great chances.

Then? It'll come down to taking those chances.