*** official Dundee V Heart Of Midlothian ***

Selkirkhmfc1874

The Goalscoring Knee
6 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Not quite, JJ's in 2010/11 was better, so far at least. 

👍. Really should check these things properly before typing 😄 I blame the euphoria.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• King prawn

• feej

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ex member of the SaS

It really is amazing how fickle fans are. You only have to go back to page 13 on this thread to see how disgruntled our fans are.

Many think I don't like SN, they are wrong and I am NOT calling for him to be sacked.

What I want from Steve is to learn from his mistakes.

Fast attacking football but is happy to stand and watch the players piss around making pointless passes, is happy to watch us take weeks to take a throw in! ( can't wait for some twat to jump in and claim a game only lasts 90 min ) and for that throw to go back to the defense and repeat Infinium.

Every one on this thread knew Oda was not cutting it and should have been dumped by now. 

We have been on a great run and he is doing well, but every game is the same, start like the players have never seen a football before, go behind and wait until the half time whistle before playing like we know they can. SOMETHING is seriously wrong!

There a couple of things he does really well and that is getting them playing for the full 90+minutes, he can also see what subs are required, BUT why does he play players that are not good enough, only to have to change to players who are and can change the game? Why can't he just start with our best team?

Chillidigits
3 hours ago, PapaShango said:

I have the feeling Beck is going to go onto a bigger team than Hearts, he is a cracking player. Celtic sniffing around him as well but he might look at Bradley who has broken into the Liverpool side and think he can do the same. Bradley had a loan spell in the English Championship and Beck may do the same next season. No chance Dundee hold onto him, only reason he came back was due him playing for Liverpool and he couldn't play anywhere else other than at Dundee (or Liverpool). 

Yep I was really only thinking of us being the next stepping stone towards bigger things. Decent potential for a good number of european games he'd be involved in to show off his undoubted talent on a bigger stage.

23 hours ago, Bauld said:

Sibbick is the most naturally gifted athlete at the club. He's built exactly the way you'd want a footballer to be. He's powerful, fast and can run for days.

Unfortunately he's the victim of a weak mentality and poor coaching. Which isn't a dig at our current coaching staff.

He's 24 years old and nobody here can actually tell you what position Sibbick plays. Every game he plays he is thrown into a spot to fill a gap. He'll play 4 games a row and be a right back, centre back, holding midfielder and a wing back.

It's a shame. If from the age of 18 someone just said to him, right you're now a holding midfielder, You're going to eat, sleep and drink that position from now on. He would probably be a very good player.

As it is, He's never been able to settle into a role and is still thrown about all over the place. It must be very difficult to build any confidence and get any sort of momentum when you're constantly having to switch roles.

Just catching up with posts.  

Re Sibbick, this one is perhaps the most sensible and accurate assessment I have read.  

Armageddon

Totally loved how they were ripping Shankland all game and singing about us falling apart 😂😂😂 Up he pops and up we pop to get it right roond them

Dallas Green
3 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Fast attacking football but is happy to stand and watch the players piss around making pointless passes

You can't be watching him during games because he screams and shouts at the players for not playing the ball quick and forward.

3 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

It really is amazing how fickle fans are. You only have to go back to page 13 on this thread to see how disgruntled our fans are.

Many think I don't like SN, they are wrong and I am NOT calling for him to be sacked.

Fast attacking football but is happy to stand and watch the players piss around making pointless passes, is happy to watch us take weeks to take a throw in! ( can't wait for some twat to jump in and claim a game only lasts 90 min ) and for that throw to go back to the defense and repeat Infinium.

Every one on this thread knew Oda was not cutting it and should have been dumped by now. 

We have been on a great run and he is doing well, but every game is the same, start like the players have never seen a football before, go behind and wait until the half time whistle before playing like we know they can. SOMETHING is seriously wrong!

There a couple of things he does really well and that is getting them playing for the full 90+minutes, he can also see what subs are required, BUT why does he play players that are not good enough, only to have to change to players who are and can change the game? Why can't he just start with our best team?

You have no idea how football works mate so you might as well pack it in. 

Watt-Zeefuik

Sibbick, like Rowles, is better on the outside of a back 3 if he has a strong ball winner, like Kent or Halkett at his best, in the middle.

When Rowles gets back and Kent is healthy Sibbick will be fine on the outside.

Watt-Zeefuik
23 hours ago, Coco said:

Craig Gordon if fit maybe gets a hand to both goals again?

Very harsh to make the change but he's a better goalkeeper!

We've started leaking poor goals. I realize you don't go idly switching keepers for fun but if you have a better keeper and your starter is making errors, you make a change.

kingantti1874
On 03/02/2024 at 17:48, This is My Story Podcast said:

Am starting to love this side. It’s not pretty at times but it’s always 100% and I love the fact that they are determined not to lose. For too long we went a goal down, we’d get our belly’s rubbed and up the road with an excuse and let’s look at next week. This side don’t accept that. Manager and the management team have worked wonders in this space. Superb!

tell you what, that Ando guy talks some amount of garbage.  Is it his scripted role to just take the contrary position to everyone else.  This player shite, that players shite, Dhanda is rubbish, Miovski wasn’t a foul, wasn’t a hand ball.  At least need’s to learn the rules. E.g it doesn’t need to be deliberate to be a foul. 

good pod btw but that guy makes me reach for the off switch every time. Needs to cheer the **** up.

Edited by kingantti1874

This is My Story Podcast
52 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

tell you what, that Ando guy talks some amount of garbage.  Is it his scripted role to just take the contrary position to everyone else.  This player shite, that players shite, Dhanda is rubbish, Miovski wasn’t a foul, wasn’t a hand ball.  At least need’s to learn the rules. E.g it doesn’t need to be deliberate to be a foul. 

good pod btw but that guy makes me reach for the off switch every time. Needs to cheer the **** up.

Try podcasting way him 😂 

He likes American football, his takes on anything aren’t to be trusted. 

On 04/02/2024 at 15:28, Ex member of the SaS said:

I take it you must be Chris Sutton, because Shearer is in no way controversial for the sake of it. 

kingantti1874
52 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Try podcasting way him 😂 

He likes American football, his takes on anything aren’t to be trusted. 

Every group of pals has at least one. Painful. Though I also watch American football 🤣👀 so maybe it takes one to know one 

vintage1874
56 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Wey hey.......my tickets just arrived in today's post!!!

Same here. It'll be collection only for our Hampden tickets this year😍

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Wey hey.......my tickets just arrived in today's post!!!

got my original tickets yesterday., different tickets than what i got from hearts on Saturday, wonder who got my original tickets. 

Jambof3tornado
23 hours ago, whyskey said:

got my original tickets yesterday., different tickets than what i got from hearts on Saturday, wonder who got my original tickets. 

We sat in our original seats and nobody tried to claim them so dont think anyone got the originals. The ones we got from hearts staff at dundee were for elsewhere but the originals were higher up haha.

To be fair I've never had this issue before so maybe royal mail is just getting worse!!