Beni

Fraser

Grant

Vargas

Oda

Forrest

Shankland

Tagawa

Its a 1 3 6 formation that would smother the middle of the park and hammer them at the back. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• King prawn

• feej

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cruickie's Moustache

Expect it will be tough today but if we dig in hard from the off they will crumble.

Appreciate they are light on home games only having played 9 but they are 3w 3d 3l.  - 10f 13a.

Plus they are top of the penalty conceded table - 7.

If we play a solid game we should take this one.

8 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Clark

Kent

Neuwinhof

Beni

Fraser

Grant

Vargas

Oda

Forrest

Shankland

Tagawa

Its a 1 3 6 formation that would smother the middle of the park and hammer them at the back. 

Don’t think we need Kent for that, Beni can mop up at the back if they get through the more forward thinking midfielders. I’d stick Tait in. 

edit: in fact it still looks a bit short up front, Stick Halkett up front beside Tequila and Shanks, he played there as a youth. 

Edited by GinRummy

Selkirkhmfc1874

How far a walk is it from train station to ground ? All these years of supporters bus or car taking some getting used too

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

How far a walk is it from train station to ground ? All these years of supporters bus or car taking some getting used too

From memory you can do it in just over half an hour if you’re a fast walker. Think a lot of it uphill. 

Tommy Brown
26 minutes ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

Here's my ideal solution

For Hearts, Zander has done nothing wrong. At present he is Clarkes No2 goalie. He keeps playing.

We push on and secure third before the split.

Gordon then gets games from then on. So he will be tested against the top 5 and Clarke can also see him in a friendly or two.

Gunn, Zander and Craig go to Germany.

Simples!!

Unless CG plays from now and proves himself, he will not be going to Germany.

Gunn will be No 1 with Clarke next in line.

SN will stick with Clarke unless he sells the jerseys on a couple of occasions.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

From memory you can do it in just over half an hour if you’re a fast walker. Think a lot of it uphill. 

Only in one direction though, thankfully. Last time I got a train to a Dundee match it was a football special. 🥸

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Only in one direction though, thankfully. Last time I got a train to a Dundee match it was a football special. 🥸

Got them a few times back in the day , airdrie , morton and st Johnstone away were always interesting back in the day

Just now, davemclaren said:

Some of us are too young to remember that. I had to make do with vandalising normal trains in my youth. 

Victorian

This is exactly the kind of game that is a barometer as to whether or not 3rd place will be uncontested.  We have a hazardous looking run coming up.  Winning these kind of matches will mean nobody will get close to us.  Losing to a team with games in hand is undesirable.  A draw would be perfectly acceptable.  

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

This is exactly the kind of game that is a barometer as to whether or not 3rd place will be uncontested.  We have a hazardous looking run coming up.  Winning these kind of matches will mean nobody will get close to us.  Losing to a team with games in hand is undesirable.  A draw would be perfectly acceptable.  

Agree.  I know teams raise their game when they come to Tynie but the last game should be a warning.  They were quite slick at times and cut through us in the middle, leaving our defence having to be rugged and step up to the battle in there.  

No team has the look of being able to blow anyone away in this league, most games are a drawn out saga, and we are included in that.  We are on a terrific run of form and have shown admirable character in moments we need it, but we all know we haven’t been starting games well.  

Victorian
42 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Agree.  I know teams raise their game when they come to Tynie but the last game should be a warning.  They were quite slick at times and cut through us in the middle, leaving our defence having to be rugged and step up to the battle in there.  

No team has the look of being able to blow anyone away in this league, most games are a drawn out saga, and we are included in that.  We are on a terrific run of form and have shown admirable character in moments we need it, but we all know we haven’t been starting games well.  

:Agree:  Slow starts and managing to get away with it undoubtedly has a shelf life.  We've had them and have managed to get away with it.  Conversely we've had a few disappointments from winning positions in actual fact.  In our favour is a pattern of being able to get a late goal.  Heads are not going down.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I remember those 🤭 Shit I'm getting old. My last time on one was going to Perth. 

davemclaren
Just now, Marvin said:

I remember those 🤭 Shit I'm getting old. My last time on one was going to Perth. 

Yes, oldest carriages BR could find ( understandable given how they were treated ) and the slowest journey possible on a given route.  

Don't think we should be too worried, it's Dundee FFS! That game at Tynecastle was played in freak weather conditions, they only managed a draw against a terrible Aberdeen side.

And we've got a hotel and they've not! 

vegas-voss
18 hours ago, GinRummy said:

It is but even defensive players should be able to play easy forward passes. Too many times Beni chooses an ultra safe pass. He’s having a good season and getting better all the time but that part of his game is frustrating at times. 

It's the turning back when no need that frustrates me.Nothing wrong with passing back to keep possession with nothing on but a lot of the time there is a pass on but he will turn back , run with the ball a bit then pass back as he has allowed the opposition to press on him.

He is a very good player for us and that's my only real pet frustration with him.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Yes, oldest carriages BR could find ( understandable given how they were treated ) and the slowest journey possible on a given route.  

But as a kid it was the first time in a  1st class 6 seat compartment all be it seen better days during  steam. Underage drinking with a can of McEwans export and shiting myself when the police looked in the carriage and then some idiot would pull the communication cord twice and we'd be late for KO.. 

This is their first home game since Boxing Day, they’ll be well up for this and so will their fans. Need to start fast take the wind out them early. I suspect we’ll go defensive try and manage the game and grow into it.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Same here 1986.😭

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

Here's my ideal solution

For Hearts, Zander has done nothing wrong. At present he is Clarkes No2 goalie. He keeps playing.

We push on and secure third before the split.

Gordon then gets games from then on. So he will be tested against the top 5 and Clarke can also see him in a friendly or two.

Gunn, Zander and Craig go to Germany.

Simples!!

Clark has made numerous errors in every game he’s played, some have cost us goals some haven't.

Great managers play their best players.

Tommy Walker
27 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

000039a1_medium.jpeg

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

This is their first home game since Boxing Day, they’ll be well up for this and so will their fans. Need to start fast take the wind out them early. I suspect we’ll go defensive try and manage the game and grow into it.

All 4k of them, shaking in my boots. We beat Celtic away, lets not kid anyone on that we are playing anything other than a team we should beat who just play balls into the channels and are captained by Joel Shaughnessy ffs. 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Tommy Walker said:

000039a1_medium.jpeg

Yip, that's the one.  Had my rattle pinched that day as well. 🥸

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Get a taxi, feels like the distance from the West End to Tynecastle all uphill. Walk back. 

Tommy Walker
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yip, that's the one.  Had my rattle pinched that day as well. 🥸

🙃

JudyJudyJudy

Getting the bus up with another old yin . The younger team mates are getting the train 🚆 should be a good day . Weather seeks no bad too . Prob a tricky match but might just sneak another away win ‘ 

Wee bit worried about this one. As others have said they’re set up well, are slick and rapid on the attack. They rinsed Livi away last week with 10 men and are not to be taken lightly. I’d take a draw right now. 

Hopefully you will all be on here at 1645 calling me a pant wetting bawbag. Happy Saturday Jambos 👍🏻

Jambof3tornado
52 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Don't think we should be too worried, it's Dundee FFS! That game at Tynecastle was played in freak weather conditions, they only managed a draw against a terrible Aberdeen side.

And we've got a hotel and they've not! 

The last game at dundee should have us realising its no walk in the park. If we aren't right up for it we won't get anything from the game.

2-1 Hearts, Shanks and Vargas.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

All 4k of them, shaking in my boots. We beat Celtic away, lets not kid anyone on that we are playing anything other than a team we should beat who just play balls into the channels and are captained by Joel Shaughnessy ffs. 

We should but they’ll certainly not going to roll over to us.

Selkirkhmfc1874
59 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Get a taxi, feels like the distance from the West End to Tynecastle all uphill. Walk back. 

Loads of time for wee dander buddy , train just leaving from Edinburgh in couple minutes 

5-1neverforget

looking for a couple tickets, anyone not going anymore or that’s selling? 

3 hours ago, Herbert. said:

Clark

Kent

Neuwinhof

Beni

Fraser

Grant

Vargas

Oda

Forrest

Shankland

Tagawa

Shows how highly we all regard Frankie Kents defensive nous. One man army at the back :lol: 

ScandinavianJambo

I'm going for hard fought 0-1 with Shanks to score later in the 2nd half. Dundee did well at Tynecastle, as whilst playing defensively they where dangerously quick and direct on the break. Not an easy away game, but we will manage.

3 hours ago, Herbert. said:

Clark

Kent

Neuwinhof

Beni

Fraser

Grant

Vargas

Oda

Forrest

Shankland

Tagawa

Superman at the back.....makes sense🦸‍♂️

Big game today, they've been getting some decent results. Thankfully our away form has picked up and I don't see a repeat of the last time we went there. Looking for a better start than lately, an early goal would be nice. Expect 3 points today.

A ground historically we struggle at so a performance where i think they will throw the kitchen sink at us hoping we emulate the first half of the previous game, may involve a pretty unpleasant and gritty performance. 

Hopefully we show enough character and sneak a win. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Probs go for this 

Screenshot_2024-02-03-11-46-33-981_com.android.chrome-edit.thumb.jpg.a5c07d00bc2a13da65c7af58143f35ea.jpg

That seems like a decent team.

Be interesting to see if Naisy sticks with Grant or goes straight in with Fraser. 

JimmyCant

Not sure he’ll go with a 3. Didn’t he have to switch to a 4 at half time last time we played them to get control of the midfield ?

clark

Limbikisa

Kent

Halkett

Kingsley

Fraser

Beni

Hof

Forrest

Vargas

Shanks

4 minutes ago, Berrassobad said:

Clackers surely

Dave would find it painful if he had his clackers pinched 😐😖

Sub4TiddlerMurray

As Joel Sked said (https://www.heartsstandard.co.uk/news/24093195.decisions-defence-cochrane-fits---predicted-line-ups/)

...we were poor against them in the first half with a back 3 and only started bossing them when we switched to a back 4. Methinks a SN will go with 442:

Clark

Dex           Kent          Halkett         Kingsley           

Forrest          Neuwinhof         Beni        Cochrane

Vargas            Shankland

We need to start the game like we're already a goal down because we usually wait until we're behind before we decide to start playing.

High intensity from the start. Dundee played midweek, we've had a full week to prepare. No excuses. 

ToadKiller Dog

Going to be a windy one  today .Dens being a dump and more exposed 

Edited by ToadKiller Dog