Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• King prawn

• feej

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AlimOzturk

We thinking to soon to start  scott Frasier?

Edited by AlimOzturk

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Won't be this, but I'd like us to go with :

Gordon

Lembikisa     Kent    Kingsley Cochrane

Beni    Hof

Oda                        Forrest       

Shankland

Vargas         

Looks like our best 11 and formation 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

We thinking to soon to start  Ryan Frasier?

Definitely, Scot might start on the bench though 😜.

Pasquale for King
On 30/01/2024 at 12:31, Cruickie's Moustache said:

Given the length of time he has been out we have no real idea if Gordon is our strongest goalkeeper.

We have to leave that to the manager and coaching staff to base there decisions on how things are going at training, fitness, team stability etc.

Currently they obviously do not believe the time is right for Gordon to be given the No 1 jersey. I am sure that time may come (could be this Saturday, could be next season) but it won't be due to fan pressure.

The Marshall/Gordon situation was totally different as both were playing so people were able to comment based on how they had been performing from week to week. Other than the recent outing v Spartans we have no idea how Gordon is going to perform in the long term.

As for Shankland he has to be in Clarke's squad as he is our only natural goal scorer. However I don't think Clarke sees him being a starter as he doesn't fit in with the system he is playing. Shankland doesn't have the speed of Adams or the bulk of Dykes that Clarke is looking forward to upset the opposition defense. He should go to Germany but only see him as being brought on as a sub as I can't see Clarke changing his system to accommodate Shankland.

Marshall hadn’t played for months before the last Euros, dropped for being gash. 

AlimOzturk
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Was hoping I edited that quick enough. 😂

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Was hoping I edited that quick enough. 😂

We’ve all done it 😆

I would not play Beni.  I get that he is quality but he slows the game down too much for me.  We never started playing well v Dundee last week until he went off.

He would only be effective imo if partnered by a player who will speed the game up, and that is very much lacking.

His continual pivots when he gets the ball, only too look back or to the side is becoming quite tiresome to me.

It is very effective against teams who will constantly attack us but we must be looking to continually attack Dundee, and if he plays we certainly will not continually attack Dundee.

I do however get the valid point of who replaces him.  

Edited by i8hibsh

AlimOzturk
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I would not play Beni.  I get that he is quality but he slows the game down too much for me.  We never started playing well v Dundee last week until he went off.

He would only be effective imo if partnered by a player who will speed the game up, and that is very much lacking.

His continual pivots when he gets the ball, only too look back or to the side is becoming quite tiresome to me.

It is very effective against teams who will constantly attack us but we must be looking to continually attack Dundee, and if he plays we certainly will not continually attack Dundee.

I do however get the valid point of who replaces him.  

I get frustrated with Beni as well times. His defensive work however cannot be overlooked. Provides a lovely anchor in midfield. Wish he would offer more going forward. 

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

http://www.fawanews.com/ Will have it on

Yup, I thought they would have so hopefully they will. I was feeling uncharacteristically generous towards Scottish football, I'll have to change my ways.

karipidis
34 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Yup, I thought they would have so hopefully they will. I was feeling uncharacteristically generous towards Scottish football, I'll have to change my ways.

Especially to Dundee....

vegas-voss

Have Dundee had an injury crises , seems a bit strange that they have brought in 7 players on loan 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Clark

Dex Frunkie Kingsley Cochrane

Beni Hof                   

Grant 

Ken       Larry        Al

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

As above, not to them 👍🏽. I get that way sometimes then I get back to normal, whatever that is 🤪?!?!

All roads lead to Gorgie

Scott Fraser being an ex Dundee Utd player will mean he has an extra incentive to come on at some point and do some real damage to Dundee. A debut at Dens could work very well for our chances of grabbing the full points. Good luck Scott.

Gundermann
3 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

We thinking to soon to start  scott Frasier?

He'd be delighted.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952umvm42wpyyn9lrxdm5k

This will be a toughie tomorrow, Docherty has got them playing some decent stuff, our back line will be tested as it was in the first half of our last game. 3 points would be tremendous.

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

I get frustrated with Beni as well times. His defensive work however cannot be overlooked. Provides a lovely anchor in midfield. Wish he would offer more going forward. 

Thats what our new midfielder is for!!

9 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Thats what our new midfielder is for!!

It is but even defensive players should be able to play easy forward passes. Too many times Beni chooses an ultra safe pass. He’s having a good season and getting better all the time but that part of his game is frustrating at times. 

JudyJudyJudy
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

His continual pivots when he gets the ball, only too look back or to the side is becoming quite tiresome to me

Yep noticed that too . It’s very indecisive play slows down any rhythm 

4 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Clark

Dex Frunkie Kingsley Cochrane

Beni Hof                   

Grant 

Ken       Larry        Al

This would be my team. Fraser on for Grant at some stage in the second half when we're two up.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

It is but even defensive players should be able to play easy forward passes. Too many times Beni chooses an ultra safe pass. He’s having a good season and getting better all the time but that part of his game is frustrating at times. 

Second half against Aberdeen he was passing it forward much more quickly, he can do it, why its so frustrating when he doesn’t. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Second half against Aberdeen he was passing it forward much more quickly, he can do it, why its so frustrating when he doesn’t. 

Aye, I can’t remember the game but he took two bites at the cherry to play a straight forward ball for a shanks goal. Just want to see that more often. 

Edited by GinRummy

Wee Mikey
7 hours ago, Chimp said:

Won't be this, but I'd like us to go with :

Gordon

Lembikisa     Kent    Kingsley Cochrane

Beni    Hof

Oda                        Forrest       

Shankland

Vargas         

That ☝️ looks like a sound line-up with good options on the bench, although I'll be surprised if Gordon starts.

gar jambo
7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Why change the Goal keeper he has to make at least 3 bad errors ! In separate games 

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Aye, I can’t remember the game but he took two bites at the cherry to play a straight forward ball for a shanks goal. Just want to see that more often. 

Motherwell, had a couple at ER too. 

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

Why change the Goal keeper he has to make at least 3 bad errors ! In separate games 

Apparently. Play your best players, always. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Watt-Zeefuik

I'm just going to copy off of Cairney's paper at the Hearts Standard. This would be my team too.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

I'm just going to copy off of Cairney's paper at the Hearts Standard. This would be my team too.

Too slow up front, they would just push up on us as theres no threat in behind. We have seen that movie before, need a quick guy right up top. 

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Too slow up front, they would just push up on us as theres no threat in behind. We have seen that movie before, need a quick guy right up top. 

For me Forrest and Vargas play narrowly there, depending on space opening up. They've got plenty of pace.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

For me Forrest and Vargas play narrowly there, depending on space opening up. They've got plenty of pace.

Still doesn’t really stop them pushing us up the park unless one of those two are right up against their three CHs. 

leipzig76
49 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Take a point? 🤔

Unfortunately I have a bad feeling about this game and agree with you Thomaso - a point tomorrow would be brilliant ! (obviously 3 would be better)

Cruickie's Moustache
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Marshall hadn’t played for months before the last Euros, dropped for being gash. 

OK. Accepted but now just more confused.

Folks saying Clarke shouldn't have played Marshall because he was out of form and not playing but now Hearts and Scotland are to put our trust in a 41 year old returning from injury with one game under his belt and the hope his legendary status sees us alright.

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

OK. Accepted but now just more confused.

Folks saying Clarke shouldn't have played Marshall because he was out of form and not playing but now Hearts and Scotland are to put our trust in a 41 year old returning from injury with one game under his belt and the hope his legendary status sees us alright.

I don’t know if CG should be playing ahead of Gunn but he deserves the opportunity to build up his form for us to get the chance of competing for the Scottish number 1 jersey. 

Beni can play forward passes, he did it before his injury and even chipped in a with a couple of goals. He's a class player but he can be frustrating at times. Don't know if uts confidence or just the forward players aren't making the runs but he can play they passes.

Either way dundee will be tough but if we replicate our 2nd half performance against them at Tynecastle then I think we can beat them. They're not Kilmarnock, and we beat killie twice away this season already..

No Idle Talk

I'm not particularly confident about our chances tomorrow. Dundee are playing pretty well and Dens has never been a particularly happy hunting ground for us. They'll also be out for revenge after what happened at Tynecastle last week. 

I'm thinking 1-1 or 2-1 Dundee. Obviously hoping to be wildly wrong.

Walter Bishop

Any parking recommendations? Got a ticket on our last visit for parking in residential area. 😩

Any pub recommendations for us away fans?? Other than the supporters bar that’s already been mentioned. Will be in dundee from around 11am. 

19 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Any parking recommendations? Got a ticket on our last visit for parking in residential area. 😩

Stick “Corbie Wood” into your satnav, always park there or near by, it’s outwith the permit holders only area surrounding the stadium. 

john thomas
6 minutes ago, mbhmfc said:

Stick “Corbie Wood” into your satnav, always park there or near by, it’s outwith the permit holders only area surrounding the stadium. 

Stadium ?

SoMarkDevriesy

I'd revert to 3 at the back today - generally served us well away from home. Admittedly harsh to leave out Forrest but he is a great option off the bench. 

Clarke in goals*

lineup.png

Edited by SoMarkDevriesy
GK

Captain Sausage

Dundee’s transition on the counter was fantastic in the first half at Tynecastle. I’m sure Naismith will be working on how to mitigate that. 

3-5-2 and a hard fought 2-1 win I think. 

Jambof3tornado
11 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Take a point? 🤔

Yes given how lacklustre we were last time out at dens.

Cruickie's Moustache
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t know if CG should be playing ahead of Gunn but he deserves the opportunity to build up his form for us to get the chance of competing for the Scottish number 1 jersey. 

Here's my ideal solution

For Hearts, Zander has done nothing wrong. At present he is Clarkes No2 goalie. He keeps playing.

We push on and secure third before the split.

Gordon then gets games from then on. So he will be tested against the top 5 and Clarke can also see him in a friendly or two.

Gunn, Zander and Craig go to Germany.

Simples!!