• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• kingantti1874

• Mikey1874

• DC_92

Couldn’t stand him as a player or a Manager! 🤡

Under the floodlight

Maybe they'll go for the Turkish manager, Yadas selzavon. Tried to sign him as a player. 😎

I seem to recall they got a big bounce when he was appointed (got them to 3rd iirc)

Hope the new gaffer does not do the same.

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I seem to recall they got a big bounce when he was appointed (got them to 3rd iirc)

Yes, I had a faint flicker of concern about that. It can’t happen twice, surely?

Gundermann

This guy seems quite smug. Could he do a job for the Dons?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLqpilCQal-R740ia8JiA

Tommy Brown
56 minutes ago, heartyhub said:

Brutally sacked

Good point

Will all our journalists and pundits take the route of "he was unlucky", "didn't quite work", "players let him down"

or BRUTALLY SACKED

2 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Yes, I had a faint flicker of concern about that. It can’t happen twice, surely?

To get to 60 pts they'd need to win 12 of their remaining 17 games.  Celtic and Rangers in their next 2, lose them and it becomes 12 wins from 15.   If they did make top 6, they'd then have Celtic and Rangers again.  Lose them and it's 12 wins from 13.  And one game vs Hearts too!  They've won 6 from 21 so far.  Can't see it.

1 hour ago, AuldReekiee said:

Dave Cormack comes across well, IMO, but he's not half made an arse of it at Aberdeen. Brought in Glass, Goodwin and Robson and sacked them all after being shite. 

REALLY??!!

To me, he comes across as an immature kid who can't handle being in charge properly

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Robson had a transfer window and managed to bring in a couple of loans who made a huge difference.  They don't have that now.  Its go with what you got.

Thing is I actually think they have a decentish squad.  Robson didn't get them playing at all.  He's shite.

Buuuuut this summer, you feel they have another rebuild.  They brought in I htikn it was 14 players or something in the summer... How many this summer.  Their whole defence is pish, they only really have Miovski as an attacking threat and will he want away from this shite?  They have some decent midfielders but even then, but next season... Shinnie done I think.

davemclaren
17 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We also had a negative bounce at the same time. Aberdeen's bounce wouldn't  have mattered  if our results hadn't collapsed. 

Strange how things can go awry so quickly in Scottish football. Only nine months at the helm and dismissed in dismal circumstances yet I still think Robson should be seen as a decent Aberdeen manager over the piece. 

The vast vast majority of managers in Scotland end up getting the boot. In my time following Hearts I think only Levein and Neilson have been poached by other clubs. Barring Sergio, all the others have left after being sacked. Yet some have enjoyed success to varying degrees - cup wins, derby dominance, good league finishes, European football etc. So being sacked eventually doesn’t in essence mean a manager failed.

Robson is a strange one because his tenure was so short. But in his time as Aberdeen manager they propelled themselves up the league and pipped us to 3rd place - not without our assistance - and ended up with the european spot, some decent results in the group and the financial boost that came with it. A cup final and some decent domestic results alongside it paint a pretty good picture. 

Of course this season’s league form hasn’t been good enough - it causes me absolutely no pain to say the football has been absolutely brutal viewing - and I don’t really have a view on whether the football monitoring board have made the correct decision or not. But, generally, in Scotland if you end up leaving a club in the dismal situation you found them in, but have had some decent times along the way and have given fans a few memories for life, you’ve actually been pretty successful. 

Only a cold, naked Mark McGhee can save them now. 

14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We also had a negative bounce at the same time. Aberdeen's bounce wouldn't  have mattered  if our results hadn't collapsed. 

They're also 5 points worse off than they were at this stage last season while we're 3 better off.

5 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Strange how things can go awry so quickly in Scottish football. Only nine months at the helm and dismissed in dismal circumstances yet I still think Robson should be seen as a decent Aberdeen manager over the piece. 

The vast vast majority of managers in Scotland end up getting the boot. In my time following Hearts I think only Levein and Neilson have been poached by other clubs. Barring Sergio, all the others have left after being sacked. Yet some have enjoyed success to varying degrees - cup wins, derby dominance, good league finishes, European football etc. So being sacked eventually doesn’t in essence mean a manager failed.

Robson is a strange one because his tenure was so short. But in his time as Aberdeen manager they propelled themselves up the league and pipped us to 3rd place - not without our assistance - and ended up with the european spot, some decent results in the group and the financial boost that came with it. A cup final and some decent domestic results alongside it paint a pretty good picture. 

Of course this season’s league form hasn’t been good enough - it causes me absolutely no pain to say the football has been absolutely brutal viewing - and I don’t really have a view on whether the football monitoring board have made the correct decision or not. But, generally, in Scotland if you end up leaving a club in the dismal situation you found them in, but have had some decent times along the way and have given fans a few memories for life, you’ve actually been pretty successful. 

They did do well in his interim period with the 7 wins on the bounce but they didn't half ride their luck through that run and were helped massively by our utter capitulation. Pretty much since he got the permanent job starting from after the split it's been shite shite & more shite, turgid football, signings that haven't improved them, respectable results in Europe (still finishing bottom) but really really poor league form.

I said to mates of mine over the summer their bubble was burst, Robson wasn't all he was cracked up to be & would be sacked by the end of the year. I was out by a month but still, the signs were there from May onwards. Don't get me wrong, we've had to win ugly on several occasions this season but for us it looks like we're just now starting to move through the gears and still have a few more to go whereas with them it became clear pretty fast they were peaking early.

Chuck Berry

Aberdeen will be going all out to win the Scottish Cup for the first time since 19 canteen, and with it group stage football. That will be their focus, 3rd place is gone this season although 4th still up for grabs.  Same largely applies to Hibs.

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

Heckingbottom or Lampard would be :rofl:

Aye, I reckon oor Robbie could get them going again though! 

19 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I give you Mr Robbie Neilson… next manager of Aberdeen. Get your 10p on with Ladbrokes!

Robbie: Winter in Florida>Summer in Aberdeen.   :shade:

Mikey1874
3 hours ago, EIEIO said:

The amusing thing for us outsiders is that the teams managed by their former coaches Mcinnes and Docherty are above them (and  the vermin of course) in the League table.

Can't say I hate Aberdeen , I reserve that for the Uglies and the Docksiders.

Yup. When the football isn't perfect but the management team are strong high risk to change it. Among many mistakes that's Cormack's worst. 

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Was hoping the draw would give him more time but he was so out of his depth. 

Watching last 2 games, it was unclear what the idea was. Awful. Players just on park doing very little. 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Watching last 2 games, it was unclear what the idea was. Awful. Players just on park doing very little. 

They have good central midfielders, he just insisted on completely missing them out and shelling bombs on top of every defence he came up against.

Carl Fredrickson

If I were Cormack I would try and get John Eustace. Had Birmingham punching way above their level before being brutally sacked for Rooney to replace him.

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

So thats 3 managers Aberdeen have had since McInnes was sacked in 2021. A real monkeys paw wish from Aberdeen fans to get rid of McInnes because his football was effective but boring. Three managers player ineffective boring football instead.

Do think Robson was Aberdeen's  Ole Gunnar Solskjær, the caretaker who came in to stable the ship before a new manager comes in, who overperforms meaning that the board has little choice but to give them the job in full, but in reality it was a lot down to not being the previous manager that they did well initially, plus has created a rod for their own back "you won 6 in a row, we expect similar going forward."

Will be intriguing who they go for next. Will they try for Stephen Robinson or try to go outside the box.

Interesting that last season a lot of people were saying Steve Agnew, assistant coach was the brains behind the team. Been found out badly.

13 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

They did do well in his interim period with the 7 wins on the bounce but they didn't half ride their luck through that run and were helped massively by our utter capitulation. Pretty much since he got the permanent job starting from after the split it's been shite shite & more shite, turgid football, signings that haven't improved them, respectable results in Europe (still finishing bottom) but really really poor league form.

I said to mates of mine over the summer their bubble was burst, Robson wasn't all he was cracked up to be & would be sacked by the end of the year. I was out by a month but still, the signs were there from May onwards. Don't get me wrong, we've had to win ugly on several occasions this season but for us it looks like we're just now starting to move through the gears and still have a few more to go whereas with them it became clear pretty fast they were peaking early.

Agreed. My point is more that he’s actually achieved a lot in his 9 months - mostly the early months. Aberdeen managers will do worse and be given longer. 

11 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I give you Mr Robbie Neilson… next manager of Aberdeen. Get your 10p on with Ladbrokes!

Would be a sensible hire - they'd know what they're getting with him in that he's a manager with a track record in our league of winning the games he should win, finishing where he should finish, they wouldn't punch above their weight much but they'd likely stay challenging for 3rd. It's not always exciting but it would steady them (at least until he falls out with everyone and the dressing room atmosphere implodes) after a few ropey seasons.

Pans Jambo

The Sun reporting that Cormack is looking at Neil Warnock.

:rofl:

LeylandJambo

The Sun reporting that Cormack is looking at Neil Warnock.

As much as I like Neil Warnock I do think if he took the Aberdeen job he'd spend most of his time in the stands not on the bench. The man is a proper Yorkshire man he doesn't have the ability to think before he opens his mouth.

55 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Only a cold, naked Mark McGhee can save them now. 

I was thinking Charlie Mulgrew

Zen Jambo

Surprised Neil Collins isn’t in the mix. Think he’d do Fanta in Scotland but doubt Fins could afford him. 

One to watch for next Jambo manager IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

Surprised Neil Collins isn’t in the mix. Think he’d do Fanta in Scotland but doubt Fins could afford him. 

One to watch for next Jambo manager IMO. 

He's still got 18 months on his Barnsley contract doesn't he?

37 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

What? No wee Lee? He's available and he has an app.

Wee Lee and his LinkedIn CV!

Zen Jambo
9 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

He's still got 18 months on his Barnsley contract doesn't he?

Probably, he only joined in 2023. 

But he’s got a high win ratio so reckon he’ll do alright up here with decent resources. 

Again, not that the Dons could afford that type of move. 

Daveandal
2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Neilson on his way back from the USA.

Probably the one job he'd take in Scotland. Not sure the fans would be thrilled but he'd do ok there IMO.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Daveandal said:

Probably the one job he'd take in Scotland. Not sure the fans would be thrilled but he'd do ok there IMO.

Don’t know how well he is doing over there.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

After beating Frankfurt they will be looking for a top European manager, imagine some will be thinking Klopp!

Italian Lambretta
47 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Aberdeen will be going all out to win the Scottish Cup for the first time since 19 canteen, and with it group stage football. That will be their focus, 3rd place is gone this season although 4th still up for grabs.  Same largely applies to Hibs.

Bonnyrigg will take care of them😀

Nelly Terraces

Spewing they got rid Bazza, but delighted the reason for it that Aberdeen FC have been utter shite.

Nothing personal, but whoever it is that takes over I can only wish them the worst of luck & hope their tenure is a fecking disaster.

**** Aberdeen.

Ex member of the SaS

Never understood how a city awash with oil cash couldn't get better sponsor money or a benefactor. The fans wanted rid of McInnes and look what they get , better watch what you wish for. Not even a great manager will get them close to us before the end of the season especially with the two bigot teams next up.

Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

Never understood how a city awash with oil cash couldn't get better sponsor money or a benefactor. The fans wanted rid of McInnes and look what they get , better watch what you wish for. Not even a great manager will get them close to us before the end of the season especially with the two bigot teams next up.

They get over five million a year in bail outs from Cormack and they get a lot of corporate sponsorship from oil industry pals . This IS them benefactor and sponsor money . If these guys pulled out they would be living of average 10 k attendances