Aberdeen Football Club - Robson sacked

Craigieboy

Sure they just said on the radio that Robson's won 12 games out of 38. Why he's not been sacked is beyond me. 

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• kingantti1874

• Mikey1874

• DC_92

43 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

Can assure you Hearts fans dished out a few sore faces that night as we waited for them coming out at the end, most sheep ran back in, but not all who were taken aback by the reception they got from the  Hearts fans waiting .. true story 

There's an interview with an Aberdeen fan in one of these Top Boys type books and he described that night as the scariest he'd been involved in.

My brother got randomly smacked in the face by an Aberdeen casual in Dalry Road that night.

8 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Can't stand the wee diving shit.  Worst in the league.  If he's going to dive anyway might as really hit him.  Problem is he's already on the deck.

I don't know how he wins so many fouls, If it looks like anyone is coming near him he drops to the floor. He's a prick. 

colinmaroon
2 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

I don't know how he wins so many fouls, If it looks like anyone is coming near him he drops to the floor. He's a prick. 

You'd honestly think the refs would have got him by now.  He's one of these gold-plated SFA darlings. 

Either that or the refs can't stand him and give him the foul so they don't have to put up with his whining.

Just been on AFC for a chuckle at their woe. Reminds me how much I hate that club and their fans, posts revelling in Naismith’s previous cruciate injury, no one pulling them up on it, instead agreement. They are real scum

Craigieboy
5 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

What a thread.

A great game yesterday. 

Some dodgy moments first half.

Complete control the longer the game went on climaxing in yet another Shankland strike.

Beating last year's third whilst consolidating our place.

So much to enjoy.

Along comes this thread, a bizarre outpouring of hate.

Get lost.

😂

**** off. 

2 hours ago, boag1874 said:

I’ll always despise them for that, they thought they were going to replace Rangers in the duopoly and stabbed every other member club in the back to ensure their own increased status. It predictably backfired and essentially made it easier for Rangers to just slot back into their old seat of power once they returned to the top flight.

Hearts indicated that they would also vote to block it at the time. It's a lock against the smaller clubs voting for shared gates etc.

kingantti1874
46 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Just been on AFC for a chuckle at their woe. Reminds me how much I hate that club and their fans, posts revelling in Naismith’s previous cruciate injury, no one pulling them up on it, instead agreement. They are real scum

that forum is a metaphor for that club, sparsely populated by knuckle dragging ****wits. A dying town, a dying region, a dying club Who play in a decrepit hellhole of a stadium. Entitled as well thanks to lucking into fergie for a few years .  

doctor jambo

Love the city, like the people, worked at Pittodrie as a student .

Went to every game for nowt.

Aberdeen fans hate rangers i a United way that we don’t 

And don’t have time for Celtic either.

I don’t get the hate, it seems a bit, well, trivial when it should be reserved for the Glasgow clubs

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

I don’t get the hate, it seems a bit, well, trivial when it should be reserved for the Glasgow clubs

I'm here, want to pump them on match day but quite irrelevant most of the time.

As a club we need to put them back in their box, and we've started to that.

Rangers and celtic fans are way worse.

4 hours ago, DC_92 said:

Except it's a complete myth that he said "we welcome the chase". He was asked in an interview about how he feels about Hibs and Aberdeen challenging for third and said he welcomed it. What else do you say in that scenario?

The interview was given during the World Cup break when we were 5 points behind Aberdeen, so Cormack is talking out of his arse when it says it inspired them. 

The verbatim quote is: "We welcome the chase from those behind us."

He could have chosen to give an inoffensive answer (eg "we expect it to be a tough challenge") rather than being an arrogant arsehole.

Cameronstheman
2 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

There's an interview with an Aberdeen fan in one of these Top Boys type books and he described that night as the scariest he'd been involved in.

My brother got randomly smacked in the face by an Aberdeen casual in Dalry Road that night.

I was through in Glasgow the day the sheep played Rangers in the Final. Was at 60th the night before and went to see the Band my son is in at Nice and Sweazy's .Anyway next day i was looking for a pub and asked two guys where a decent pub was, they took in tow and i found out they were AFC Old School. And we chatted about that night in Gorgie , they said they were caught off guard but made up for it later in Dalry.A  great bleather and had total respect for the many Hearts skins and Co.They were cracking  guys  who were ages with me ,a few more joined the table, all Fun followed as we chatted away  even gave me Liquid Ching as a parting gift

18 minutes ago, Darren said:

The verbatim quote is: "We welcome the chase from those behind us."

He could have chosen to give an inoffensive answer (eg "we expect it to be a tough challenge") rather than being an arrogant arsehole.

Apologies in that case. I remembered him saying he welcomed the challenge but didn't realise he also added the similar but different wording later. It's a really daft choice of words and he's got himself to blame for being pulled up on it. The histrionic "besmirched" stuff in the Sibbick statement was also cringeworthy, so he's got form.

Given where we were at the time, though, it doesn't change my opinion on the sentiment he was expressing. He was not giving it the big one about being guaranteed 3rd when we were in 5th place in December and, if the interview inspired Aberdeen, they didn't show it when they got gubbed 5-0 at Tynecastle a few weeks later.

Still fair game for Aberdeen fans to take the piss, but I'd be embarrassed at how Cormack carried on if I was one of them. He also matched McKinlay's perceived arrogance tenfold when he implied we only finished ahead of them the season before because they were in "transition" and all the other guff in his tweet.

FWIW I agree that McKinlay and the club should be keeping their mouths shut on this. I will gladly be taking the piss out of that tweet if it Aberdeen end up having a "transitional" season, though.

Strattiesroll

Aberdeen is a bizarre club and so many of the fans are proper oddballs. A deeply unlikable lot. 

heartgarfunkel
4 hours ago, Cameronstheman said:

Can assure you Hearts fans dished out a few sore faces that night as we waited for them coming out at the end, most sheep ran back in, but not all who were taken aback by the reception they got from the  Hearts fans waiting .. true story 

Met a few older Dons who were there and talk in awe of the level and intensity of violence that was meted out to them that evening in EH11.  Almost proud to have been on the receiving of such a leathering.

Starts at 7-00pm

Should be a good listen

All tears and snotters. 🇱🇻😆🇱🇻

Sadly I doubt Robson will last much longer

Cameronstheman
17 minutes ago, heartgarfunkel said:

Met a few older Dons who were there and talk in awe of the level and intensity of violence that was meted out to them that evening in EH11.  Almost proud to have been on the receiving of such a leathering.

So true,, one shouted to his pal as he approached the table ..'' look,  he's a Gorgie Skin'' (well Punk!!) almost celebrity status, they were sound lads from the off as we exchanged stories

Rick Sanchez
23 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Starts at 7-00pm

Should be a good listen

19 points behind Horts is unacceptable :laugh:

1971fozzy
40 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Starts at 7-00pm

Should be a good listen

apathy well and truly set in with that pair. They sent me off to sleep. 

16 hours ago, Smithian said:

I can’t be mad at this. That taunt is fair play until Hearts finish above Aberdeen a couple seasons in a row. 

They better use that taunt while they can because 18 months from now it will seem silly.

Maybe you could say results talk, bullshit walks but let's unpack this a little.

- they did us dirty during Covid (whilst having their own 'escape' from the detrimental effects of relegation on at least 1 occasion in the past)
- they have never risked administration because they, unlike others, did not spend millions on their stadium whilst simultaneously trying to keep up with Murray's Rangers, and they certainly have done little other than maintain their ground since at best. This surely gives them a lopsided squad budget.

I very much hope they find maintaining a challenge whilst trying to rebuild their crumbling stadium extremely difficult. It's time for them to pay the piper. 

Edited by Gizmo

They've turned into Rangers' fans with their blinkered take on the disallowed goal. Get them all tae ****. *****.

Unknown user
40 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Maybe you could say results talk, bullshit walks but let's unpack this a little.

- they did us dirty during Covid (whilst having their own 'escape' from the detrimental effects of relegation on at least 1 occasion in the past)
- they have never risked administration because they, unlike others, did not spend millions on their stadium whilst simultaneously trying to keep up with Murray's Rangers, and they certainly have done little other than maintain their ground since at best. This surely gives them a lopsided squad budget.

I very much hope they find maintaining a challenge whilst trying to rebuild their crumbling stadium extremely difficult. It's time for them to pay the piper. 

Aye, this. That Cormack's a fan so it's natural that he's crowing, I would have been worse.  But we'll reciprocate like living **** when it inevitably comes.

Mad Bad and Dangerous

Aberdeen is a shitty backwater dump, closer to the artic circle than I will ever go again.

Their ground is a victorian dump which again I will never go back to again.

Horrible hole of a city....football team on par with the Motherwells and Sf Mirren nowadays and crowds to match. 

1971fozzy
24 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

They've turned into Rangers' fans with their blinkered take on the disallowed goal. Get them all tae ****. *****.

havent they just.  Pathetic.  It was a foul on Beni - unintentional but it stopped him being able to get to Barron.  It’s not rocket science. Yet they can’t get this through their thick cod heids.

likewise Devlins hand stopped the ball from potentially getting to one of our players as it was an airborne ball.

They are deluded

jamboinglasgow
22 hours ago, DC_92 said:

Mind this from their gobshite Chairman?

I remember that, glad that we can get it up him provided we finish the league in third. Also when we announced our season tickets being 15,000 and suddenly him and their chief executive became all defensive and making jibes at Hearts despite the club not using the announcement to make a dig at any other club. They are very insecure.

Thought this looked interesting, especially considering that last 3 seasons are since McInnes left. The fact they are could be on their fourth managerial appointment since he left in March 2021 soon demonstrates how poorly they are run (and how annoyingly badly we messed up last season.)

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Still at Pittodrie. 4 years on from original opening date of new stadium. 

It is something that holds them back compared to their rivals. Things are only going to be more expensive for them as things goes on, where staying means higher maintenance costs and restrictions on increasing non-matchday revenue. We obviously have stands which are newer so less expensive to upkeep but also had a massive increase in space for non-matchday revenue generators. Easter Road has its faults, but its still a relatively modern stadium compared to Pittodrie and has plenty space for non-matchday revenue.

If Aberdeen want to rectify this, they have to either redevelop Pittordrie which is questionable if they can, or spend crazy money on a new stadium which will take years to plan, build and recover the cost back (hence why they want the council to pay for it.)

Australis
14 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I remember that, glad that we can get it up him provided we finish the league in third. Also when we announced our season tickets being 15,000 and suddenly him and their chief executive became all defensive and making jibes at Hearts despite the club not using the announcement to make a dig at any other club. They are very insecure.

Thought this looked interesting, especially considering that last 3 seasons are since McInnes left. The fact they are could be on their fourth managerial appointment since he left in March 2021 soon demonstrates how poorly they are run (and how annoyingly badly we messed up last season.)

Run down stadium, run down city, oil money vanished.

There main goal now is to post how many fans travelled to their away matches, to watch gutless crap.

Like the wee team fans winning the singing.

They were a nothing before Fergie and they are a nothing now.

5 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

The sheep are obsessed with Rangers being their rivals , and although there is no love lost Rangers bitter’s rivals are obvious 

Section Q
3 hours ago, JAYEL said:

Starts at 7-00pm

Should be a good listen

I gave this 1 minute and it was painful to say the least.

SectionDJambo
13 minutes ago, brellier said:

The sheep are obsessed with Rangers being their rivals , and although there is no love lost Rangers bitter’s rivals are obvious 

All this Rangers/Aberdeen stuff is a long hangover from the Simpson assault on Durrant, almost 40 years ago. Why Aberdeen fans would attempt to take the moral high ground from that incident is a mystery.

You wouldn’t expect them to still be apologetic over it, but creating a rivalry over it makes no sense.

Unless, of course, this „rivalry“ stems from Aberdeen losing 2-0 at Ibrox to lose the league championship, on the last day, under Alex Smith.

Mikey1874
26 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

All this Rangers/Aberdeen stuff is a long hangover from the Simpson assault on Durrant, almost 40 years ago. Why Aberdeen fans would attempt to take the moral high ground from that incident is a mystery.

You wouldn’t expect them to still be apologetic over it, but creating a rivalry over it makes no sense.

Unless, of course, this „rivalry“ stems from Aberdeen losing 2-0 at Ibrox to lose the league championship, on the last day, under Alex Smith.

It is from the Durrant incident and the reaction to it by Rangers fans. 

There were some famous games v Rangers in the Ferguson era but I'd say the intensity now comes from Simpson and Durrant.

5 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

apathy well and truly set in with that pair. They sent me off to sleep. 

Me too , just woke up 😃

henrysmithsgloves

See a Japanese macaque has escaped up north😳 probably heard there's a job that might come up at Aberdeen FC 🧐

They pump us up there, we pump them at home.  We really need to start finishing ahead of them consistently before the gloating can be legit.  They have finished ahead of us a lot more than the other way about the past 10 years probably more.   I don't even mind Aberdeen, at least they aren't bigots or junkies. 

Edited by May98

I'm going to copy/paste a post I just saw on the sheep forum. It's in a 'next manager' thread which I think is just a permanent thread with them, if it were up these grunts the manager would be sacked monthly at best. Currently no one has replied to this guy because well every sheeps favorite pastime is slagging off the current manager, demanding he be sacked, he's a  hun etc. This post somewhat waters down how supposedly shite Robson is.

As you will see, he has a lot better early record than most past sheep managers, including Ferguson. And further irony, the one with the best early record is McInnes. 

Incidentally I think someone stated earlier in this thread something like at least they're not bigoted. That person must have never taken even a  glance at their forum, they're more foul and bigoted than the OF are and that's no exaggeration. They pride themselves on their vileness and bigotry. It's all they have to brag about, we're more bigoted and vile than you are. The post.

35 league games in Robson’s year in charge (omitting the match in Feb 22 where he was also in caretaker charge). Here’s how other AFC managers fared in their opening 35 league matches. (All matches converted to 3 pts for a win. Glass only in charge for 29 games)

GFGD9bQXYAAxwnv?format=jpg

FarmerTweedy
33 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I'm going to copy/paste a post I just saw on the sheep forum. It's in a 'next manager' thread which I think is just a permanent thread with them, if it were up these grunts the manager would be sacked monthly at best. Currently no one has replied to this guy because well every sheeps favorite pastime is slagging off the current manager, demanding he be sacked, he's a  hun etc. This post somewhat waters down how supposedly shite Robson is.

As you will see, he has a lot better early record than most past sheep managers, including Ferguson. And further irony, the one with the best early record is McInnes. 

Incidentally I think someone stated earlier in this thread something like at least they're not bigoted. That person must have never taken even a  glance at their forum, they're more foul and bigoted than the OF are and that's no exaggeration. They pride themselves on their vileness and bigotry. It's all they have to brag about, we're more bigoted and vile than you are. The post.

35 league games in Robson’s year in charge (omitting the match in Feb 22 where he was also in caretaker charge). Here’s how other AFC managers fared in their opening 35 league matches. (All matches converted to 3 pts for a win. Glass only in charge for 29 games)

Porterfield has the best record there, followed by Willie Miller!  McInnes is tied for 3rd best with Smith!

2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Porterfield has the best record there, followed by Willie Miller!  McInnes is tied for 3rd best with Smith!

Porterfield 51.43% win rate, Smith 48.57% win rate while Miller is tied for 1st place with McInnes on 54.29%

41 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Interesting.  I guess the counter to this is the figures are "skewed" by that 7 game run last season when he first took over.  I give it the quote marks cos it's a tad unfair due to the fact it happened!!

That run, I'm blue in the face saying it, is about as lucky a winning run as you'll ever see.  They played awful football, were generally second best, gave up huge chances every game but came out with points.  Every week.  I watched their 90 mins against Hibs, Ross Co and Rangers and each time they won but were absolutely ridden.  Open goals being missed etc.  He didn't imrpove them, not really.  Goodwin had chucked it so, so far, I guess they gained some resolve to an extent, but nowt more.  Even the focus that their defence was improved.  Pollock did pretty well, but their xG against must have been huge, which tells me luck more than method.

Anyhoo...!

Interesting wee table that.  I have a good few Dons mates.  Most of them strongly want rid, though I do have a mate who'd keep him and give him the season to see if he can turn it.  He's the one who knows the club best, which may say something.  I said even during that run last season that he'd be an awful appointment.  They all told me "better than Naismith".  I said "we'll see....".

52 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

That Ferguson boy must have been a compelete diddy

9 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

That Ferguson boy must have been a compelete diddy

He's  lucky he wasn't hounded out and fast at that. Him being a hun and all. But at the end of the day back when he was appointed they had nothing like the delusions of grandeur they have now.  He was the one who put them on the map, gave them delusions of eternal grandeur. Before that they had never been any great football power, prior to Ferguson they had 1 title and 2 Scottish cups in their entire history.

25 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Interesting.  I guess the counter to this is the figures are "skewed" by that 7 game run last season when he first took over.  I give it the quote marks cos it's a tad unfair due to the fact it happened!!

That run, I'm blue in the face saying it, is about as lucky a winning run as you'll ever see.  They played awful football, were generally second best, gave up huge chances every game but came out with points.  Every week.  I watched their 90 mins against Hibs, Ross Co and Rangers and each time they won but were absolutely ridden.  Open goals being missed etc.  He didn't imrpove them, not really.  Goodwin had chucked it so, so far, I guess they gained some resolve to an extent, but nowt more.  Even the focus that their defence was improved.  Pollock did pretty well, but their xG against must have been huge, which tells me luck more than method.

Anyhoo...!

Interesting wee table that.  I have a good few Dons mates.  Most of them strongly want rid, though I do have a mate who'd keep him and give him the season to see if he can turn it.  He's the one who knows the club best, which may say something.  I said even during that run last season that he'd be an awful appointment.  They all told me "better than Naismith".  I said "we'll see....".

I thought that about the run last season too, and agree it might skew the statistic. But in saying that it took Ferguson time to build a team at the sheep, it took him 5 years to build a title winning team at Utd.

In my view the sheep are in this eternal hole in part because they just keep firing managers, then a new manager has to build another new team, endlessly. that's a recipe for failure. 

Edited by JFK-1

Gorgie_Rules

6 league wins in 21 games with Celtic and Rangers next. If Robson doesn’t go today they’ll likely give him the next two.

Will be interesting to see who they go for. A comment was made at the Hearts AGM that a conversation was had with members of the Aberdeen board on the calibre of manager available for both clubs. There appears to be a disconnect between fan expectation/media reporting and who can actually be afforded.

PaddysBar
On 28/01/2024 at 14:02, FarmerTweedy said:

You don't hate a couple of Glasgow teams???

I can’t get worked up enough over football to reach hate levels to be honest.

RustyRightPeg

Apparently a board meeting up there this morning. Could be jotter time 😞 

• davemclaren changed the title to Aberdeen Football Club - Robson sacked