Aberdeen Football Club - Robson sacked

Craigieboy

IveSeenTheLight
3 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

Have you really got so little in your life that you come on a rivals message board on a Thursday afternoon and try to justify whether or not Aberdeen should have been relegated. Everyone has their own opinion and FWIW, you were that shoite that season you’d have finished bottom in that round robin.

There is no way I’d be on a mutton molestors fan board trying to justify HMFC.

Do you know why a lot of Hearts fans absolutely loathe Aberdeen. Your chance to change the voting system from 11-1 when Sevco went skywards. Instead you thought it was your opportunity to become a Scottish Football powerhouse and voted with self interest and the gremlins from Darkhead to block the change to the 11-1 rule. Now you’re back on the outside of that club with the rest of us. You are despised for that. Absolute whores

If I recall correctly, the fear was a change in the voting structure would have led to a share of all gate receipts. Or something along that lines.

Would you have wanted to share receipts from tickets sold at Tynecastle? 

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• kingantti1874

• Mikey1874

• DC_92

IveSeenTheLight
2 hours ago, Voice of reason said:

I don’t hate Aberdeen due to them avoiding relegation. A pretty trivial claim to fame. Seems people focus too much on the things they have the upper hand on: namely, relegation and Europe. Well done to them on both fronts, especially winning the Cup Winners Cup.

However, if you focus on trophies won this century, the head-to-head record, the all time league record, size of support etc. then you rightly see them as the smaller club they are. A bit of a tin-pot history having only been formed in 1903 as well. Hardly pioneers in Scottish football. Hibs have a more interesting history. Maybe, we should also focus on the present more - they are currently the 9th best team in Scotland and absolutely miles behind Hearts. Ultimately that’s all that matters to me today.

I view Aberdeen and Hearts as very similar sized clubs.

There have been period where each are on top

There have also been periods when one has been more successful than the other.

The reality is when you look back in history, they are actually pretty even.

For example: -

Since 1905 when Aberdeen joined the top tier of Scottish football, Hearts have finished higher in the league 56 times to Aberdeen's 55

In those 118 years, Aberdeen have accumulated only 45 more points than Hearts. If you include this season its only 22 points as it stands.

So the reality is, over the last 119 years, were both pretty similar

I do agree with you in that 'You're only as good as your last game' meaning we are absolute shit this year. You are on the up and in a bit of ascendancy.

Our challenge now is how to get back to challenging you

Seymour M Hersh
17 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I view Aberdeen and Hearts as very similar sized clubs.

Don't be ridiculous, you're barely as big as the lochenders.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

kingantti1874
4 hours ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

Did the Sheep not say there was no relegation from the outset that season due to expansion to the league ?

If that is correct and there was no relegation then they couldn’t be saved from something that wasn’t ever going to happen.

you’re as dumb as sheepie 🤣 The fact there was no relegation from the outset does not change the fact that there was no relegation because the league was being expanded.

Aberdeen was saved because there was no relegation as a result of the league being expanded. Then they were also saved from a playoff

Good god. 

Edited by kingantti1874

Voice of reason
4 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

The reality is when you look back in history, they are actually pretty even.

For example: -

Since 1905 when Aberdeen joined the top tier of Scottish football, Hearts have finished higher in the league 56 times to Aberdeen's 55

In those 118 years, Aberdeen have accumulated only 45 more points than Hearts. If you include this season its only 22 points as it stands.

So the reality is, over the last 119 years, were both pretty similar

Yes, you are right if you believe Scottish football history started only when Aberdeen were formed. Unfortunately for your argument, Hearts were playing top league football from 1890 as founding members of the league. These points count and put us way out in front of Aberdeen on total points won in the top tier, despite our relegations. These pioneering years also give us a bit more gravitas as an important institution in Scottish football history. Hearts have a very interesting history and one to be very proud of. 

IveSeenTheLight
9 hours ago, Voice of reason said:

Yes, you are right if you believe Scottish football history started only when Aberdeen were formed. Unfortunately for your argument, Hearts were playing top league football from 1890 as founding members of the league. These points count and put us way out in front of Aberdeen on total points won in the top tier, despite our relegations. These pioneering years also give us a bit more gravitas as an important institution in Scottish football history. Hearts have a very interesting history and one to be very proud of. 

I was only trying to make a fair and equal comparison

To have just 21 point difference over 111 seasons really shows remarkably similar

your point is saying your only on top because you were formed 29 years before us and in reality, since we’ve come along we’ve far exceeded Hearts

The real point is that history is just that, it’s in the past. Hearts are on top at the moment, that I don’t deny 

AC Mallin_51

Aberdeen are completely irrelevant to us at the moment why even bother. They can look to trying to creep into the top 6 and we’ll look towards Rangers and Celtic (who we are 10 points closer to than Aberdeen are to us) 

could be worse for them though, they could be hibs. As bad as Aberdeen are I fancy Warnock to get his first league win next week against Bournemouth B

51 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Aberdeen are completely irrelevant to us at the moment why even bother. They can look to trying to creep into the top 6 and we’ll look towards Rangers and Celtic (who we are 10 points closer to than Aberdeen are to us) 

could be worse for them though, they could be hibs. As bad as Aberdeen are I fancy Warnock to get his first league win next week against Bournemouth B

Aberdeen have a game against Lorient?

Voice of reason
2 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I was only trying to make a fair and equal comparison

To have just 21 point difference over 111 seasons really shows remarkably similar

your point is saying your only on top because you were formed 29 years before us and in reality, since we’ve come along we’ve far exceeded Hearts

The real point is that history is just that, it’s in the past. Hearts are on top at the moment, that I don’t deny 

In one paragraph you say ‘remarkably similar’ and in the next ‘far exceeded’! You are all over the place. You also can’t discount the early years - of course, Aberdeen weren’t there then to compare with but that just shows Aberdeen have a less impressive history in the game. Joining in 1905 is a wee bit tinpot in terms of being a historically significant club.

Also, the league was formed in 1890 so not sure why us forming in 1874 adds to our success! The 29 years you state is another ‘red’ herring. You should use 15 years if you must use that argument.👍

Anyway, the facts are that Hearts have won more overall league points, have more higher finishes in the league, have more wins head-to-head, more trophies this century, bigger average crowds and a longer history plus are currently far exceeding Aberdeen in the all-important current league table. Aberdeen have their European and relegation thing so these are good ones in your favour. Aberdeen are indeed a big club in Scottish-terms, but I’d imagine below Hearts in status in the view of the majority of impartial observers. I’m only guessing on that one though.

Slightly annoyed with myself that I’ve been dragged into this as I don’t think this third force nonsense should even be a thing. I’m going to gracefully bow out now and wish you well. Enjoy the Aberdeen game tomorrow. 

Aberdeen's highest finish in the Second Division is 7th. They were then "elected" to the top league - presumably brown envelopes from the SFA to make the League cover more of the Country 😁

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Warnock went shopping in Tescos, says he has never seen so many Aberdeen supporters, in Tescos Aberdeen, surprising

merseyjambo
20 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

If I recall correctly, the fear was a change in the voting structure would have led to a share of all gate receipts. Or something along that lines.

It was just for a change in the voting structure for a 9-3 majority. Nothing was mentioned about gate receipts being shared. 

You whored yourselves to Celtic and we are still left with an archaic voting system in terms of it will never change because the OF will block every change that doesn’t benefit them.

Screw Aberdeen and all who sail in her

Watt-Zeefuik
23 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

If it was a small enough share (like 2%), yes, I think that'd be fine.