Aberdeen Football Club - Robson sacked

Craigieboy

Tommy Brown
6 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I was sure he said they were a one city club rather than a one club city. I was trying to think of a two city club.

6 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Brighton & Hove Albion? 

:lol::clap:

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• kingantti1874

• Mikey1874

• DC_92

colinmaroon
6 hours ago, Herbert. said:

I hate Shinnie, The rest of Aberdeen is just a shit stain on a bedsheet.

Can't stand the wee diving shit.  Worst in the league.  If he's going to dive anyway might as really hit him.  Problem is he's already on the deck.

No Idle Talk

The matches against Aberdeen are my second favourite games to watch. Edinburgh Derby being the first. The reason being, these clubs are our peers. So beating them feels wonderful. 

It's a really weird dynamic we have going on with Aberdeen. They come to Tynecastle, we win. We go to Pittodrie, they win. There hasn't been an away winner since 2017. It doesn't make sense.

Anyway, that was a HUGE win for us today and I honestly don't see Aberdeen catching us now. Unless we have a major collapse. I know we had a collapse last season but I don't think it's going to happen again, and I also don't see Aberdeen going on a mad run like they did last season when Barry Robson first took over as manager. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Barry Robson gets sacked in the near future. Aberdeen fans are not happy with how things are going.

Gorgie is a harder place to win than Gothenburg. Up ye ya sheep molesting shitehawks.

heartgarfunkel
7 hours ago, Zico said:

He’ll soon be making a twat of himself greeting his eyes out on TV again as he does his annual sacking.

FzuKAmWWIAQoXTU.jpg

‘Stand Free’ 

Weirdos. 

tiger Rudi

Made a total hash of it by getting rid of McInnes. He had them regularly in 2nd (when Rangers were out of the league). A great record by any standards for them. His team maybe weren't pretty but he had them punching above their weight. They have been on a downward trajectory ever since with management failure after failure. 

If they had the right manager and big money coming in from the sale of the likes of Miovski, they just might  become a force again. 

Its important we keep improving and invest wisely. Failure to finish 3rd last season was an abject failure but I think our squad as a whole has improved. We should be able to cope with the demands of European group football and the league far better this time. 

Fitzroy Pointon
8 hours ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Big shout out to Willie Miller, who made a complete shop front of himself today(even more than usual) on open all Mics! 

That 2nd goal was for you Wullie! 

His passive aggressive match report was a joy to behold. 

The Snodgrass/Neilson implosion of last season, coupled with Robson's winning run against last seasons bottom 6 and home versus Beale Rangers and Snodgrass / Neilson Hearts. Covered up the fact that last season for them was also one of Darvel and Goodwin. 

Edited by Martin_T

3 hours ago, Smithian said:

I can’t be mad at this. That taunt is fair play until Hearts finish above Aberdeen a couple seasons in a row. 

They better use that taunt while they can because 18 months from now it will seem silly.

I'd say it already looks silly given they've ended up back in "transition" again. 

Shooter McGavin

Can’t really say they bother me, if I’m honest.

I mean, look at the attendances at Pittodrie, their own fans aren’t really bothered with them, so why should we be?

They’ve tried to create a rivalry with just about every team in Scotland, us included, and no one seems to be that interested in them. Maybe in the 80’s aye, but not now.

merseyjambo

An absolute shithouse of a club who

- if it hasn’t been for Scottish Football’s rules about 10k all seater stadiums would be languishing in the lower reaches of Scottish football when they were saved from relegation.

- had the chance to change the face of Scottish football when Rangers were out of the top flight and change the voting structure but instead cosied up to their buddies at Celtic Park and kept the status quo.

**** them and their deluded fans

1 hour ago, tiger Rudi said:

Made a total hash of it by getting rid of McInnes.

Totally agree with that. When McInnes first went there they had been regularly flirting with the bottom end of the table, and finished 9th the season before he came in. He won them a league cup and string of 2nd place finishes albeit most of them with no Rangers.

Even following the return of Rangers he was still consistently hitting at least 4th place. He gave them the best run they had in decades and they hounded him out, they were  4th when they sacked him, look at them now, and look at Kilmarnock.

The irony was there for all to see when McInnes took his relative shoestring budget squad to Pittodrie last month and beat them. They're reaping what they sowed and long may it last as they cycle through managers endlessly. Incidentally part of the problem is they think they should be competing with the OF, and when they don't then it's sack the manager.

To be fair we sometimes see it around here too, the sheep get a 3rd place then it's all talk about some 'next level' when in Scottish football outside the OF there is no next level above 3rd. 

The few sheep fans I have met have been arrogant arseholes. Now I'm sure they are all not like that, but I still wish them nothing but misery and luv it when we pump them.....😁HHGH!!.

Zen Jambo

I’ve always relished the rivalry with Aberdeen. Much closer competition than Hibs. 

I think in general the Hearts v Aberdeen tussles over the years are harder than Hibs making them even more satisfying. We own the sister fisters and despite the odd freak result that will always be. But there’s something extra immensely rewarding about beating Aberdeen - they are tougher opponents. 

And that makes it glorious whenever we beat them. 

FYI - anyone able to give us our head to head stats with the sheep. And how is that compared to our record against Hibs?  

2 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

The matches against Aberdeen are my second favourite games to watch. Edinburgh Derby being the first. The reason being, these clubs are our peers. So beating them feels wonderful. 

It's a really weird dynamic we have going on with Aberdeen. They come to Tynecastle, we win. We go to Pittodrie, they win. There hasn't been an away winner since 2017. It doesn't make sense.

Anyway, that was a HUGE win for us today and I honestly don't see Aberdeen catching us now. Unless we have a major collapse. I know we had a collapse last season but I don't think it's going to happen again, and I also don't see Aberdeen going on a mad run like they did last season when Barry Robson first took over as manager. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Barry Robson gets sacked in the near future. Aberdeen fans are not happy with how things are going.

Gorgie is a harder place to win than Gothenburg. Up ye ya sheep molesting shitehawks.

But as I pointed out yesterday we’ve won double the games on their patch than they have at ours since the turn of the century. The recent tit for tat thing is an anomaly and we’ve dished out some doings at Tynie while they seem to just edge us up there.  🙂

Anyway, weirdo club. I remember their obsessive “let’s break Hearts” banner or some shite similar painted on it during the noughties period in a game up at Pittodrie.  Our dominance in the fixture at the time turned them all very Hibs.    

3 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

I’ve always relished the rivalry with Aberdeen. Much closer competition than Hibs. 

I think in general the Hearts v Aberdeen tussles over the years are harder than Hibs making them even more satisfying. We own the sister fisters and despite the odd freak result that will always be. But there’s something extra immensely rewarding about beating Aberdeen - they are tougher opponents. 

FYI - anyone able to give us our head to head stats with the sheep. And how is that compared to our record against Hibs?  

https://www.londonhearts.com/scores/tea/aberdeen.html

davemclaren
3 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Can't stand the wee diving shit.  Worst in the league.  If he's going to dive anyway might as really hit him.  Problem is he's already on the deck.

His early booking probably saved our players from serious injury. 

29 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

I've actually been having a look at our results on London Hearts against Aberdeen since the turn of the century. At Tynecastle I'm pretty confident that we've got a better record against Aberdeen than against Hibs during that period. In the league, the record at Tynecastle is as follows:

Played: 38

Won: 25

Drawn: 7

Lost: 6

At Pittodrie, the Dons have had the better of it, but I must say it's closer than what I imagined:

Played: 40

Won: 11

Drawn: 13

Lost: 16

We've also played the Dons in 5 cup-ties in that time - three Scottish Cup and two league cup - and we've come out on top in 4 out of the 5. 

In terms of all-time fixtures, our record seems to be closer than the last 24 years:

Played: 332:

Won: 131

Drawn: 81

Lost 120

Edited by stirlo

11 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Brighton & Hove Albion? 

Grimsby Town play in Cleethorpes,  does that count? Falkirk play in Grangemouth not cities though.

Bazzas right boot

The fixture has to be a stand out in terms of the home team dominance.

Both clubs shouldn’t bother turning up at the away fixture.

Nelly Terraces
12 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

I’ve despised that club for a long long time. Less now due to their insignificance, more so due to their avoiding relegation due to league reconstruction. 

Nevertheless I’m still on top of the world when we beat them. Especially given the utterly dominant nature of that second half. 

As for Mulgrews comments on sportscene tonight. Well, I think he is reflecting how he feels about Aberdeen. A one team city with shitty attendances and below par aspirations. 

We do have a Lawrence Shankland and people are going to have to pay good money to take him off us. 

**** Aberdeen. 

Cracking OP.:D:thumb:

Have they managed to build their new super stadium yet? Remember some mutton molesting weirdo coming on here saying it'd be a better day out than going to Tynie. :lol:

Hope these james blunts end up getting relegated at some point in the near future. **** absolutely everything about them.

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, stirlo said:

I've actually been having a look at our results on London Hearts against Aberdeen since the turn of the century. At Tynecastle I'm pretty confident that we've got a better record against Aberdeen than against Hibs during that period. In the league, the record at Tynecastle is as follows:

Played: 38

Won: 25

Drawn: 7

Lost: 6

At Pittodrie, the Dons have had the better of it, but I must say it's closer than what I imagined:

Played: 40

Won: 11

Drawn: 13

Lost: 16

We've also played the Dons in 5 cup-ties in that time - three Scottish Cup and two league cup - and we've come out on top in 4 out of the 5. 

In terms of all-time fixtures, our record seems to be closer than the last 24 years:

Played: 332:

Won: 131

Drawn: 81

Lost 120

Nice info.

4marsbars

What a thread.

A great game yesterday. 

Some dodgy moments first half.

Complete control the longer the game went on climaxing in yet another Shankland strike.

Beating last year's third whilst consolidating our place.

So much to enjoy.

Along comes this thread, a bizarre outpouring of hate.

Get lost.

AlphonseCapone
11 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Brighton & Hove Albion? 

JKB always delivers.

August Landmesser
12 hours ago, SM8 said:

Their fans seem to be total arseholes. I’ve had civilised conversations with sets of fans from all over on train home from games. But today in a boozer after the game I bumped into a group doing their best Mr Rogers impressions with bright red clobber on (looks ridiculous when you see a group of them)

They Clearly had no intention of a last train home so asked them about their plans for the night and barely even mentioned the game. Met with snarls and ****offs. What a weird bunch - met friendlier Celtic/Rangers fans after a game. Is it maybe the fact they’re so far from their irrelevant northeastern dump of a city they feel they can behave like such pricks?

No need for the last train home, they were taking their DeLorean back to the '80s

Australis

Their supporters are utter scum.

Look at their forum and the language used.

No moderators allowed.

Living off the Fergie years which are long gone.

Stadium, city and area is a tip.

Fergie gone, oil money gone.

Randy Marsh
44 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

What a thread.

A great game yesterday. 

Complete control the longer the game went on climaxing in yet another Shankland strike.

So much to enjoy.

Get lost.

You get lost.

heartgarfunkel
49 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

What a thread.

A great game yesterday. 

So much to enjoy.

Get lost.

It's wonderful.  Got to hate a team from a city that calls a chippy a 'chipper'. ****ing weirdos.

Edited by heartgarfunkel
Forgot to swear

I wasn’t alive in the 80s

I’ve always genuinely loved how shit they are

They got ideas above they're station when they parted company with McInnes, they've suffered self inflicted harm since, thoroughly enjoyable experience to watch on.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Always amused by their angst to get the boot in to myself when they beat us, while I wouldn't give them the steam off  my pish 

fabienleclerq
12 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Brighton & Hove Albion? 

Good shout!

Although are they not technically two towns that made one city?

12 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I know this is below us but I hope Andrew McKinlay comes out with a decent bit of response/patter that shuts that utter arsehole up!

I hope he keeps his mouth shut and doesn't completely embarrass himself and the club, as he did with his 'we welcome the chase' nonsense. Cormack was well within his rights to take the piss.

buzzbomb1958

Aberdeen are a club going nowhere much like our hilarious neighbours they live in the past and have absolutely feck all to look forward to , their directors have no vision ( apart from the farce about a new stadium which will never be built) plus the fact they will suffer financially when they have to repair their crumbling cesspit with the amount of work needed they will probably have to shut stands down to accommodate the work, therefor less money to deal in the market ,someone saying work required will cost 15 - 20 million where will they find that ,should be fun

9 minutes ago, Darren said:

I hope he keeps his mouth shut and doesn't completely embarrass himself and the club, as he did with his 'we welcome the chase' nonsense. Cormack was well within his rights to take the piss.

Except it's a complete myth that he said "we welcome the chase". He was asked in an interview about how he feels about Hibs and Aberdeen challenging for third and said he welcomed it. What else do you say in that scenario?

The interview was given during the World Cup break when we were 5 points behind Aberdeen, so Cormack is talking out of his arse when it says it inspired them. 

12 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I know this is below us but I hope Andrew McKinlay comes out with a decent bit of response/patter that shuts that utter arsehole up!

Aberdeen city (which should be the richest city in the UK outside London but unfortunately, is an utter shitehole & a ghost town of an excuse for a city) which is also a 1 club city, has a shite team with even less fans than Hibs!!!

Aberdeen are pish. We know it, they know it and thats that! They are finished as a ‘big club’. As much influence as St Johnstone. 

🤣 I'm going to show that to my 🐑 sh*gging mate. Ofc you're right. 👍

ToadKiller Dog

A team and a city that's in a slow decline. 

Cormack is just slowing it not turning it around. 

If we can hold 3rd for a few seasons they be more on a par with the dundee clubs than us .

Wouldn't be surprised if the sheep are the next to become an English D team after Hibs and dundee as an attempt to be relevant. 

St midden are showing more growth than them .

Don't really have a deep dislike of the sheep .

3 hours ago, Zen Jambo said:

Nice one. Sent to my best mate, who’s a very proud Don and very much annoyed. 😇

😄👍🏻

Unknown user
8 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Just needs a ***** pack to complete the look.

Every pack's a *****pack on that ****

5 hours ago, Martin_T said:

The Snodgrass/Neilson implosion of last season, coupled with Robson's winning run against last seasons bottom 6 and home versus Beale Rangers and Snodgrass / Neilson Hearts. Covered up the fact that last season for them was also one of Darvel and Goodwin. 

They were EXTREMELY fortunate in that run of games. Not sure any team in history has seen their opponents miss so many sitters over a number of games!! Proper open goals being missed against them at times.

Was why i was delighted when Robson got the gig and am now giving my Dandy mates a big toldyouso!!

4 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

- had the chance to change the face of Scottish football when Rangers were out of the top flight and change the voting structure but instead cosied up to their buddies at Celtic Park and kept the status quo.

I’ll always despise them for that, they thought they were going to replace Rangers in the duopoly and stabbed every other member club in the back to ensure their own increased status. It predictably backfired and essentially made it easier for Rangers to just slot back into their old seat of power once they returned to the top flight.

2 hours ago, heartgarfunkel said:

It's wonderful.  Got to hate a team from a city that calls a chippy a 'chipper'. ****ing weirdos.

😂

Cameronstheman
10 hours ago, Jodami said:

If you were around in Aberdeen's golden era under Ferguson you would realise why so many people who were around at that time utterly despise them. Their fans were nouveau riche (oil driven) classless scum who always caused bother at Tynecastle and the night they won the league in 1984 indiscriminately kicked the sh*t out of any fan young or old in "celebration".

On top of that they were a team of cheats who won at all costs. Not particularly attractive, dirty and early employers of feigning injury. Behind all this of course was Ferguson himself, coordinating the cheating, lying through his teeth about players being injured to give the impression they were being kicked around (naturally meant they would play the next game), leaning on referees, instructing the likes of Weir and Strachan to dive at will and using Miller to do his bent bidding on the pitch. They were every bit as detestable as the Old Firm.

That's why I have always hated him (not because of my favourite team down south were rivals, I'm an Orient fan!) and could never warm to people heaping praise on him. As has been regularly proven he's duplicitous - as well as obvious footballing examples like getting rid of Keane/Stam, there's kowtowing to the Glazers because they resolved the mess he personally generated with Coolmore and really what kind of socialist accepts a knighthood?

If you are lucky enough to have never lived through that era just remember how central they were to our recent demotion. Put simply they're a small club in a city dying on it's arse.

Can assure you Hearts fans dished out a few sore faces that night as we waited for them coming out at the end, most sheep ran back in, but not all who were taken aback by the reception they got from the  Hearts fans waiting .. true story 

Edited by Cameronstheman

Unknown user
2 hours ago, heartgarfunkel said:

Wait, what?? 😡

FarmerTweedy
15 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

The only other team I hate is Hibs. I want them to hibs it every week. 

Other than that, I genuinely have zero feelings for any other club. 

You don't hate a couple of Glasgow teams???

manaliveits105
14 hours ago, Zico said:

He’ll soon be making a twat of himself greeting his eyes out on TV again as he does his annual sacking.

FzuKAmWWIAQoXTU.jpg

More "I'm free" than stand free 

• davemclaren changed the title to Aberdeen Football Club - Robson sacked