Aberdeen Football Club - Robson sacked

Craigieboy

Lennon may suit them, though it might confuse them when the inevitable bad run comes, maybe gubbed by Rangers and they face the difficulty of trying to call Lennon of all people a hun.

Lennon is hard nosed enough that he wouldn't give the proverbial flying about their abuse, from day one he would simply be looking at this as a time filler while looking for his next job.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• kingantti1874

• Mikey1874

• DC_92

King prawn
On 01/02/2024 at 16:57, Dazo said:

I’d love to know the question if Stendel is the answer. :rofl:

who gave the hologram more starts than any of his other managers?

RedStarRiot

I’d love it if they appointed Stendel. The most clueless manager in recent history. 

Boyd going through Aberdeen and mainly Cormack. 

Superb viewing and not very often I think Boyd has hit the nail on the head. 

colinmaroon
On 01/02/2024 at 16:01, heartsfc_fan said:

Would seem a good shout. Whether he'd go back.

I'm going for Robinson at St Mirren given he's worked with the Aberdeen CEO at Motherwell.

Agreed!!!

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, Rods said:

Boyd going through Aberdeen and mainly Cormack. 

Superb viewing and not very often I think Boyd has hit the nail on the head. 

LeylandJambo
10 hours ago, DC_92 said:

This should be good.

As I said a couple of pages ago. He'll spend most of his time sat in the stands after running his mouth off about the standard of the refs.

Cameronstheman
On 31/01/2024 at 21:09, JimmyCant said:

What frcking ‘street’ do you live on ? Neighbours must be mental 😜🤪

:clyay:

JimmyCant
21 hours ago, DC_92 said:

This should be good.

Ordering extra supplies of popcorn as we speak. Between him and Derek Adams the rest of the season has some serious potential

jamboinglasgow
20 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

I dont often say this but I do agree with Kris Boyd.

I dont get the reason for an interm manager, there is 3 and a half months left in the season, thats not the time for an intern manager. A month left in the season is the time. As he says what happens if the interm manager comes in and does well. I dont see Neil Warnock staying for another season, and even if he does they you cant expect more than a season out of him, which means you have no long term plan for the manager. It smacks of a board who dont know what to do so are just wanting to kick the can further down the road, hope Warnock can rescue the season (and at best get them into 4th place and some kind of European football.) 

There is no long term plan with them, if the plan is wait till the summer hoping to open up more options for manager, then they are risking their transfer plan in the summer (I do think our recruitment was hampered a bit in the summer by the time taken to appointment Naismith.) If they are looking to appoint a manager in the next few months that will take over in the summer but overview, then why not appoint them sooner. 

Naismith was appointed with a view of the long term, yes there was rightful questioning if such an inexperienced manager should have got the reigns, but its clear that he saw a long term plan for developing the first team which matched with the board. Which saw the mentality of the first team change, that aimed to bring in youngsters who can develop, and to look to bring forward a stable squad that requires few changes every season. (Obviously being a results business that could still falter but its clear what the club wants from Naismith and what he could bring.) I just dont see that from Aberdeen. Its clear that when they sacked McInnes, who admittedly was seeing diminishing returns in his results but the clear talk was about a more attractive style of football. But they didn't really do anything that allowed that. Glass tried it and failed and their next two managers are ones who were imitation McInnes (solid and hard to break down teams.) 

I hope they continue to spend lots of money but with little direction.

IveSeenTheLight
On 27/01/2024 at 22:22, D4nny_ said:

+1

ye raging? @IveSeenTheLight

No not at all.

I've watched football for an awfully long time to know that shit happens, especially in football.

Incidentally, the person you quoted was wrong, we weren't saved from relegation

3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

No not at all.

I've watched football for an awfully long time to know that shit happens, especially in football.

Incidentally, the person you quoted was wrong, we weren't saved from relegation

You were the worst team in the league for an entire season, so yeah you were.

No idea how it will pan out for Colin but the refereeing will be an eye opener.

Starting at Ibrox if he's there.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, martoon said:

No idea how it will pan out for Colin but the refereeing will be an eye opener.

Starting at Ibrox if he's there.

Suspect he might be watching games from the stand before February is out :kirklol:

PapaShango

I always quite liked Warnock but I hope he fails miserably at that pathetic excuse of a football club. 

Hopefully the live match on Tuesday goes zero goals, bookings, Injuries, disallowed goals, penalties denied, penalties given and missed, manager meltdowns, game into disrepute.   Maybe an offside or two 😂 😂   Hopefully the wee Latvian manager laughs his nuts off at it all. 

I don't take to the guy in his interviews at all.   It seems he's insulted by an outsider getting a massive job.   He loves the old firm as far as I remember.  Where does that leave Aberdeen.   Just an opportunity to get the Rangers or Celtic job in the future.   Bit like McInnes I guess.   Although at least McInnes deserved that opportunity from his successes.  

I don't know.   All the best in the bottom six. 👎

Tommy Brown
23 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Hopefully the live match on Tuesday goes zero goals, bookings, Injuries, disallowed goals, penalties denied, penalties given and missed, manager meltdowns, game into disrepute.   Maybe an offside or two 😂 😂   Hopefully the wee Latvian manager laughs his nuts off at it all. 

I don't take to the guy in his interviews at all.   It seems he's insulted by an outsider getting a massive job.   He loves the old firm as far as I remember.  Where does that leave Aberdeen.   Just an opportunity to get the Rangers or Celtic job in the future.   Bit like McInnes I guess.   Although at least McInnes deserved that opportunity from his successes.  

Hopefully the wee Latvian manager laughs his nuts off at it all. 

What am I missing here?

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

You were the worst team in the league for an entire season, so yeah you were.

I suggest you go read up and educate what was the league plans that season.

Best of luck

57 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Suspect he might be watching games from the stand before February is out :kirklol:

😊

Just a matter of time, isn't it.

45 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

He's bloody 75, I wouldn't be making long term ambitious plans at that age :rofl: 

Guess The Crowd
3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Ah....cheers :lol:

Had it sent to me earlier, otherwise I’d have been equally confused! 

Tommy Brown
2 minutes ago, Guess The Crowd said:

Had it sent to me earlier, otherwise I’d have been equally confused! 

Was going to reply that I would have got it if he called him a slavering Latvian.

But I would have been heckled for thinking he was Latvian.

26 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I suggest you go read up and educate what was the league plans that season.

Best of luck

Irrelevant. You finished last and therefore deserved relegation, like every team who finishes last. Due to reconstruction that year, there would have been an opportunity to "earn" a reprieve, but that was taken away due to the nonsense stadium criteria.

Mikey1874

The good news is Cormack is incapable of choosing a good manager. Warnock will be fun then they will revert to mediocrity (while still playing at Pittodrie). 

highlandjambo3
On 01/02/2024 at 15:57, Dazo said:

I’d love to know the question if Stendel is the answer. :rofl:

Who could get to the Gorgie chippy and back the quickest with 3 fish suppers 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

He's bloody 75, I wouldn't be making long term ambitious plans at that age :rofl: 

You never know ☺ he might get lucky.   Beats Rangers,beats Celtic, wins scottish cup,  in a short space of time.   Rangers get fed up with Clement and decide oh aye let's try Warnock.   Of course I can't see it happening.   

🤷‍♂️

Edited by HMFC01
a missing comma ffs

I just see this as decent entertainment to lighten things up once we secure third before the split. 21-22 post split was so boring.

Whatever he does, be that rack up win after win, it doesn't matter. We aren't going to collapse and start losing every week like last season.

hisnameis

He will add colour to the game here. He won't trot out the same old tropes and buzz words like some. He will probably improve them too, as he has done virtually where ever he has gone. He is a football firefighter but he is not a bloody miracle worker which is what is required to get them to third now.

IveSeenTheLight
On 05/02/2024 at 18:06, DC_92 said:

Irrelevant. You finished last and therefore deserved relegation, like every team who finishes last. Due to reconstruction that year, there would have been an opportunity to "earn" a reprieve, but that was taken away due to the nonsense stadium criteria.

You are still showing you don’t understand what the criteria was before the season happened.

There was never an automatic relegation that year.

we finished in a play off spot where 3 teams would compete in a play off round robin tournament to decide which 2 teams played in the top tier

because 1 of the teams did not meet the leagues criteria at the time, there was no need to have the play off games

So the reality was, we were ‘saved’ from partaking in the 3 way playoff 

Bongo 1874
12 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

You are still showing you don’t understand what the criteria was before the season happened.

we finished in a play off spot where 3 teams would compete in a play off round robin tournament to decide which 2 teams played in the top tier

because 1 of the teams did not meet the leagues criteria at the time, there was no need to have the play off games

That's some pay off with Robson and his staff,then only bringing in Warnock till the end of the season? What's the footballing philosophy at Aberdeen? about to lose Barron for virtually nothing compared to what he's really worth?

How has it went all wrong from singing Hearts are falling apart?,to what you see now.

Now talks Bojan Miovski and Clarkson trying to get moves away? Including Duk.

How will Aberdeen recover?

You all laughed at us when we went down? Who's laughing now you silly Bassas!🤣😂

Edited by Bongo 1874

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

That's some pay off with Robson and his staff,then only bringing in Warnock till the end of the season? What's the footballing philosophy at Aberdeen? about to lose Barron for virtually nothing compared to what he's really worth?

How has it went all wrong from singing Hearts are falling apart?,to what you see now.

Now talks Bojan Miovski and Clarkson trying to get moves away? Including Duk.

How will Aberdeen recover?

Time will tell.

already there’s a few changes behind the scenes which will be interesting to see if they become fruitful or not

New chief scout who has a PE degree of finding players of value at various levels and the video analysis guy Marc Rochon who picked up 2 WC medals for supporting Croatia

we’ll need to see who they get in as permanent manager though

Bad Religion
1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Time will tell.

already there’s a few changes behind the scenes which will be interesting to see if they become fruitful or not

New chief scout who has a PE degree of finding players of value at various levels and the video analysis guy Marc Rochon who picked up 2 WC medals for supporting Croatia

Fingers crossed you push the boat out for Coach Bob Neilson. 

kingantti1874

Just listening to SATF. Warnock is the same age as Alex Macdonald 😮

on one hand fair credit to warnock still being in the game.  But tbh never realised how young doddie was when he retired in 1999.

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Time will tell.

Be Neilson in the summer after his USA holiday. 

On 05/02/2024 at 19:17, DB1874 said:

I just see this as decent entertainment to lighten things up once we secure third before the split. 21-22 post split was so boring.

Whatever he does, be that rack up win after win, it doesn't matter. We aren't going to collapse and start losing every week like last season.

At least it'll give SN time to experiment with the squad and maybe give playing time to the promising young guys like Tait etc.

The Treasurer

Between making shitoddrie usable for Uefa matches, paying off managers and shelling out for Warnock, any money they might have made from the group stages will be all pissed away and probably quite a bit more 

IveSeenTheLight
30 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Be Neilson in the summer after his USA holiday. 

I'd be very disappointed if it was

5 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

Fingers crossed you push the boat out for Coach Bob Neilson. 

I very much doubt it will be him

7 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

There was never automatic relegation that year because of league reconstruction.

Therefore, the original statement that you were saved by league reconstruction is entirely 100% correct.

You were further saved from any chance of relegation by stadium criteria rules. That makes it worse, not better. You deserved to go down.

IveSeenTheLight
25 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

There was never automatic relegation that year because of league reconstruction.

Therefore, the original statement that you were saved by league reconstruction is entirely 100% correct.

You were further saved from any chance of relegation by stadium criteria rules. That makes it worse, not better. You deserved to go down.

Even after the reality was explained to you, you still do not get it.

That's on you, I'll leave it there

IveSeenTheLight

Time will tell.

Haha, that was meant to say pedigree.

Some auto corrects are really funny

Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

Trying to hide your completely ludicrous argument behind condescension. Great stuff.

You finished bottom in 1999/2000 ergo you deserved to be relegated.. The fact you didn't get relegated is down to nothing more than good fortune. You were the worst team in the league and the history books confirm this. 

Aberdeen fans can spin it anyway they want of course. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
36 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Were you bottom or not. Weasel