Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

• ArcticJambo

• DS98

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

He will show loyalty Clark 

Gordon for me over Clark everytime but I reckon Naismith will show loyalty I have the feeling Naismith isn't a knee jerk manager.

He’s dropped many players from the team and the squad after one mistake, lets not pretend that these today aren’t the latest in a long line of them. 

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Gordon should have been back in weeks ago.

Clark can't catch a cross ball.

Or a shot 

Robbo-Jambo
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Play your best players. 

Exactly.

Gordon is the best in his position by far.

Just play him FFS.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Scott Monument said:

Zander is a top keeper and deserves to be our number 1 this season we should all get behind him for a change and stop all the criticism of him all the time don’t get me wrong Craig is still a top keeper we are lucky to have them at the club 

No way

He makes several mistakes every game

Go for it 1308
6 hours ago, haj said:

Get Gordon in for the hibs game. The better keeper for sure and beyond that it’ll give us a psychological boost after that today. 

This

Go for it 1308
6 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

You know better than the Gaffer ?

Ffs ...he's definitely not better than Gordon mate

Mystic_facepalm.png

Really pleased we signed Zander when we did initially as back up. He has performed well for us when called upon given Gordons injury, even keeping us in some games, but when your best players are fit, they must play, which is Gordon. I said it when Gordon was back fit (not just after todays game), that Gordon is superior. Zander might be the future but we have one of the best keepers sitting on the bench. Just my opinion of course. 

HeartsandonlyHearts

If Naismith wants to be a top football manager these are the type of decisions that will make or break him. Dropping Clark for Wednesday would not be a knee jerk reaction. It would be based on playing your best player and not giving a flying **** what the dropped player thinks. Will he sit Shankland when he’s done with his suspension? No he won’t. He’ll be the first name on the team sheet for the next game. Why is that?

Gordon has to start Wednesday.

gregzy2k7

Think it's time for a switch to be honest, Zander has been great on the whole this season but after shipping 5 goals today In Glasgow, I think it's only fair that Craig gets a chance imo.

vegas-voss
11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s dropped many players from the team and the squad after one mistake, lets not pretend that these today aren’t the latest in a long line of them. 

I'm with you I would far rather have Gordon in I'm not a fan of Clark at all.I just think Naismith will stick with him.

For me Gordon's still the better keeper.

From watching Gordon's over the years he's more of a talker and organiser and commands the 6 yard box far better. 

Whether there is a change for Wednesday that's up to Naismith, if he feels Clarke is culpable for any of the goals then he has a decision to make.

I was never a goalkeeper, just spent my time putting the ball past them.

I did feel yesterday Clark could have maybe done better at 3 of the goals but that's based in watching it live and not watching back any highlights as I don't really want to see that shit show again.

2 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Zander did nothing wrong. It what's in front of him was the problem

Scott Carson does nothing wrong when he plays for Man City

Red Card Ref

Did young Craig Gordon start playing regularly for us after Tepi Moilanen let in 5 goals v Celtic?

Red Card Ref

Did young Craig Gordon start playing regularly for us after Tepi Moilanen let in 5 goals v Celtic?

Australis

First goal Craig loses, it will be, why are we playing a 41 year old in goals, nobody else does it.

Just wait 

I saw keystone cop defending in front of Zander yesterday. 

It was pathetic.

Ricardo Quaresma
15 minutes ago, Australis said:

First goal Craig loses, it will be, why are we playing a 41 year old in goals, nobody else does it.

Just wait 

It was pathetic.

So, you don't think he was slow, acted like he had double vision and going for 'the wrong ball' or that?

He hesitates to do anything when he's called upon to act

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

ford donald
12 hours ago, Carter said:

Clark isn't a bad keeper. Gordon is a superior goalkeeper. 

Thats my thoughts too.

37 minutes ago, Australis said:

Just wait 

It was pathetic.

I've damned ZC (fine shot stopper) for his sloppy/hap-hazard efforts at cross balls since day one......but yesterday was the defences (and midfields !) fault not his ! 

Edited by busbyfth

3 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Zander did nothing wrong. It what's in front of him was the problem

Disagree…

Zander made quite a few decent saves, that kept the score from being way, way worse.

However, the 5th goal he should definitely have done better…from that tight an angle, with not much to aim at he could and should have kept that shot out.

Zander seems to do well with shots that have a bit of height to them, but struggles with anything low…he seems fairly slow to react and actually get down to save low shots.

16 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Disagree…

Zander made quite a few decent saves, that kept the score from being way, way worse.

However, the 5th goal he should definitely have done better…from that tight an angle, with not much to aim at he could and should have kept that shot out.

Zander seems to do well with shots that have a bit of height to them, but struggles with anything low…he seems fairly slow to react and actually get down to save low shots.

I’d also say he struggles with the high ones too. McGee and Miovski (offside) goal’s recently are ones a good ‘keeper saves. Zander can’t get off the ground. For a guy who is about 10 years his senior, Gordon is still far more athletic than Zander. 

18 hours ago, Benny Klack said:

If we’re dropping Zander cos of today we should be dropping Rowles, Beni, Akky, Grant & Shanks as well then aye?

I think that's what we should be doing.

Gordon

Dexter Kent Kingsley Cochrane

Hoff Tait

Forrest Fraser Vargas

Shankland

Doesn't seem that bad when you see the replacements for underperforming players 

soonbe110
1 hour ago, Deviskan said:

Disagree…

Yep, as in first two goals yesterday.  Seems a bit leaden-footed at times. 

Sinbad the Sailor

I want big Craigy back. Zander is a great keeper but just not as good as Gordon.

PapaShango
55 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

I think that's what we should be doing.

Gordon

Dexter Kent Kingsley Cochrane

Hoff Tait

Forrest Fraser Vargas

Shankland

Doesn't seem that bad when you see the replacements for underperforming players 

The RB is a worry for me. Neither Atkinson or Dexter are great IMO. Dexter defensively is very poor and up against some of Hibs more dangerous players he could get badly exposed. Not sure Atkinson is much better to be honest but we are where we are at. He was brutal yesterday, absolutely but I would probably give him the nod on Wednesday.

stevie1874

Clark is a decent goalie but he’s just not as good as Gordon. Never really think he’s going to pull off a save unless it’s hit at him & he also has a tendency to palm the ball out into dangerous areas. Think it’s time for Gordon to make a return. 

Famous 1874

Gordon saves at least 1 or two from yesterday. Get him back in net. Play your best players. 

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

I'm with you I would far rather have Gordon in I'm not a fan of Clark at all.I just think Naismith will stick with him.

Agreed 

upgotheheads
6 hours ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

I want big Craigy back. Zander is a great keeper but just not as good as Gordon.

The fact is there is no recent evidence to back that up. Zander has his strengths, and so does Craig. CG might be a better shot-stopper but he's suspect at crosses, relative to Zander. Zander dominates the box better and has been very good as a shot-stopper too as we saw on Saturday. The point for me is that Zander has done nothing to deserve being dropped, and dropping him has an effect in the dressing room if players think that the fans are picking the team.

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Absolutely pissh.  It was the rubbish infront of him that cost us. W

Correct.

49 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

The fact is there is no recent evidence to back that up. Zander has his strengths, and so does Craig. CG might be a better shot-stopper but he's suspect at crosses, relative to Zander. Zander dominates the box better and has been very good as a shot-stopper too as we saw on Saturday. The point for me is that Zander has done nothing to deserve being dropped, and dropping him has an effect in the dressing room if players think that the fans are picking the team.

Well that’s just a lie.

In fact I’d go as far as saying there is nothing goalkeeping related that Zander Clark does better than Craig Gordon. 

And why would the players think the fans would be picking the team? Naisy, along with anyone with half a brain knows who the better option is. If Gordon gets back in it’s because he’s the more reliable, experienced, vocal and all round better keeper. 

I understood when some folk were spouting the ‘he’s done nothing wrong’ stuff. But now he has. Let’s get the best goalie in. 

Pasquale for King
On 24/02/2024 at 20:24, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Devlin and Beni in midfield for me. Previously had a great partnership and they know each others game. They’ll dominate Hibs imo. And no to Oda from the start. But apart from that agree. A performance and result like today, Steven Naismith needs to ask, what would his former manager Jim Jeffries do. The answer is, absolute rocket up the players and ring the changes at least 3,4,5 changes 

Fair enough. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, DS98 said:

Well that’s just a lie.

In fact I’d go as far as saying there is nothing goalkeeping related that Zander Clark does better than Craig Gordon. 

And why would the players think the fans would be picking the team? Naisy, along with anyone with half a brain knows who the better option is. If Gordon gets back in it’s because he’s the more reliable, experienced, vocal and all round better keeper. 

I understood when some folk were spouting the ‘he’s done nothing wrong’ stuff. But now he has. Let’s get the best goalie in. 

Spot on

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Clark is a decent goalie but he’s just not as good as Gordon. Never really think he’s going to pull off a save unless it’s hit at him & he also has a tendency to palm the ball out into dangerous areas. Think it’s time for Gordon to make a return. 

Spot on

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, Deviskan said:

Disagree…

Not sure about the high shots either tbh, the goals hes lost from free kicks show that. He doesn’t move his feet so more likely to save them a bit higher as you say, the palm back out part is poor too. 

Clark is a solid goalkeeper.  He is more than capable for the league we play in. 

Gordon is also a solid goalkeeper, but is 40 years old and coming back from an absolute ****er of an injury. 

You can't drop Zander because of the reputation of a goalie who is approaching the end of his career. 

It's a hard decision to make, and you're a 5-0 pumping away to Rangers to have everyone questioning your decision. 

Had Gordon played, would we have lost 5-0?  Possibly, it's impossible to know, but 50-50 hindsight means that you're wrong no matter what you do. 

If it was possible to play both, you would. But Clark has seen us doing very well recently, so the calls for his head are very much misplaced. 

Wee Mikey

Tin hat firmly in place.

Gordon was in goal for the so-called 'Invincibles' when we thrashed them 4-0 and he was 6 years younger then.

Between Gordon, as team captain, our management & coaching team, and Clark himself, I'm pretty sure that they are right on top of what's best.

I'm perfectly content to let them get on with it and bleedin' delighted not to be jumping up and down demanding Gordon's return whilst denigrating Clark at every opportunity like a frustrated bairn.

Good grief! Clark cannae command his box nor deal with crosses; he cannae react quickly enough nor get down for low shots; he's got slow feet and is dodgy with high shots too; he's hesitant and a liability at free kicks; a decent shot-stopper ... but only if the shot is straight at him.

I'm beginning to wonder if Clark really is a goal-keeper! All those clean sheets? By jove, we really must have one of the best defences ever ... anywhere.

What's more, almost every goal against us results in people reckoning that Gordon would've saved it (going by what's posted on match-day threads). Thus, miraculously, we'd have conceded almost zero goals this season had Gordon been between the sticks. Utter lunacy.

Should the decision be made to bring Gordon back in then there'll be nobody more happy than myself.

But, thankfully, that'll be due to a sensible analysis by those involved rather than as a result of anything posted on here ... moreso by those with a wierd agenda who have been against Clark from the very beginning and have been quadrupling down, let alone doubling down, at every goal conceded.

As for the ghastly suggestion that Naismith "Shouldn't give a fu*k" about Clark and simply make the change? A top suggestion on man-management from a typical JKB expert. Deary me.

5 hours ago, tian447 said:

Clark is a solid goalkeeper.  He is more than capable for the league we play in. 

Gordon is also a solid goalkeeper, but is 40 years old and coming back from an absolute ****er of an injury. 

You can't drop Zander because of the reputation of a goalie who is approaching the end of his career. 

It's a hard decision to make, and you're a 5-0 pumping away to Rangers to have everyone questioning your decision. 

Had Gordon played, would we have lost 5-0?  Possibly, it's impossible to know, but 50-50 hindsight means that you're wrong no matter what you do. 

If it was possible to play both, you would. But Clark has seen us doing very well recently, so the calls for his head are very much misplaced. 

Gordon wasn’t just a solid keeper he was better than that. If he’s as good as he was before his recent injury he should be playing. 

joondalupjambo
13 minutes ago, red said:

F88EB3EA-3C90-4DCA-BFDF-59605A160062.jpeg

Shameful.

You should be embarrassed coming on here with facts 🙂

Zander Clark is the number 1 goalie in most teams in the league, he is in the Scotland squad on merit and is a very, very good keeper and will be for a good few years at Hearts

The problem is Craig Gordon is genuinely world class and a step or two above any level that Clark can reach. If he is fully fit and back to his best,then it's unfortunate for Zander but Gordon should be back 

40 minutes ago, red said:

F88EB3EA-3C90-4DCA-BFDF-59605A160062.jpeg

Cheers, though other than showing we have a good keeper and defence I don’t know what that does for the Gordon v Clark argument. 

32 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Zander Clark is the number 1 goalie in most teams in the league, he is in the Scotland squad on merit and is a very, very good keeper and will be for a good few years at Hearts

The problem is Craig Gordon is genuinely world class and a step or two above any level that Clark can reach. If he is fully fit and back to his best,then it's unfortunate for Zander but Gordon should be back 

This is it in a nutshell for me, don’t agree with those who are slagging Clark off