Zander Clark vs Craig Gordon ( merged )

DS98

Pasquale for King

I think folk seem to think we have a settled defence, including wing back as no matter what some believe they are defenders, we have played 12 players there over the season so far and changed the players and formation in every one of our last matches. 
Changing the GK to someone they’ve all played with, apart from Kent, wont destabilise anything we are trying to do defensively. 

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

• ArcticJambo

• DS98

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think folk seem to think we have a settled defence, including wing back as no matter what some believe they are defenders, we have played 12 players there over the season so far and changed the players and formation in every one of our last matches. 
Changing the GK to someone they’ve all played with, apart from Kent, wont destabilise anything we are trying to do defensively. 

I don’t think the entire defence, just the nucleus, the central 18 yard box defence we’re talking about, that trio of Zander, Kent and Rowles as a leadership unit, they’ve been the backbone of our good clean sheets and good goals conceded record.

So for our manager they’re quite evidently the first 3 names on the team sheet after Shankland.

The fact is, our appalling defensive record from last season has been fixed this season. Zander has been part of the fix. Big strides have been taken. The manager knows how easily that can come apart, so that’s obviously why he didn’t just put a 41 year old CG straight back in. 

Clarke doesn't know his arse from his elbow when it comes to 'keepers (see Euro 2020) so I don't think we should stress about it as he'll do whatever he fancies anyway.

I'd keep playing Clark until his form drops and CG has shown ample in training and bounce games that he's over his injury.

Pasquale for King
50 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I don’t think the entire defence, just the nucleus, the central 18 yard box defence we’re talking about, that trio of Zander, Kent and Rowles as a leadership unit, they’ve been the backbone of our good clean sheets and good goals conceded record.

So for our manager they’re quite evidently the first 3 names on the team sheet after Shankland.

The fact is, our appalling defensive record from last season has been fixed this season. Zander has been part of the fix. Big strides have been taken. The manager knows how easily that can come apart, so that’s obviously why he didn’t just put a 41 year old CG straight back in. 

He keeps putting Halkett back in there, but thats ok? As you were told before Clark has made numerous gaffes this season and last, where he was a huge part of the problem defensively. 
Kent has made a huge difference to Rowles especially as he talks to him constantly, Clark hasn’t had that guidance and wont improve until he does. 
The facts are the defence changes most weeks, at most clubs and that includes GKs when required. 
Ederson will replace his understudy when he’s fit again for example. 

A_A wehatethehibs
31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He keeps putting Halkett back in there, but thats ok? As you were told before Clark has made numerous gaffes this season and last, where he was a huge part of the problem defensively. 
Kent has made a huge difference to Rowles especially as he talks to him constantly, Clark hasn’t had that guidance and wont improve until he does. 
The facts are the defence changes most weeks, at most clubs and that includes GKs when required. 
Ederson will replace his understudy when he’s fit again for example. 

It’s completely different with outfield players. Halkett can play 3-4 different variations on the CB position, depending how we’re set up, the team setup can be tweaked to accommodate him without dropping anyone. You can’t do that with keepers.

You say Clark won’t improve and I just completely disagree, I think he has improved and he is continuing to improve. His improvement is aligned with the teams improvement, we’ve reduced the number of of goals conceded, and increased the clean sheets. That is the bottom line targets for a GK. 

The management team are the ones who can see the keepers up close. It’s their call. It could very well be that it’s a repeat of Christophe Berra, but may be happening behind closed doors. Berras spring was completely gone when he came back and it never reappeared. At age 41 there are just no guarantees with the loss of fast twitch muscle fibres which Gordon will have lost in his legs during his layoff. There is a physical reality to it and the manager has full view of it, we don’t atm. Until we see him 

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It’s completely different with outfield players. Halkett can play 3-4 different variations on the CB position, depending how we’re set up, the team setup can be tweaked to accommodate him without dropping anyone. You can’t do that with keepers.

You say Clark won’t improve and I just completely disagree, I think he has improved and he is continuing to improve. His improvement is aligned with the teams improvement, we’ve reduced the number of of goals conceded, and increased the clean sheets. That is the bottom line targets for a GK. 

The management team are the ones who can see the keepers up close. It’s their call. It could very well be that it’s a repeat of Christophe Berra, but may be happening behind closed doors. Berras spring was completely gone when he came back and it never reappeared. At age 41 there are just no guarantees with the loss of fast twitch muscle fibres which Gordon will have lost in his legs during his layoff. There is a physical reality to it and the manager has full view of it, we don’t atm. Until we see him 

Halkett can play in the middle of the 3, Kingsley was dropped for his return, but cant play either side because hes too slow. Maybe in a back four with a quick guy beside him.
Once again you completely disregard the mistakes Clark has and is still making, at least 3 against RC that cost us one goal and should’ve cost us our point. If the manager continues to choose Clark over Gordon then at 41 he should hang up his gloves with us anyway. 

Everyone can improve.

We're not programmed with a capped potential ffs. :lol:

Some folk have physical limitations but Zanders already a pretty good big, agile keeper. The mistakes he makes are mental errors. Positional, awareness. They are few and far between this season tbf to him.

What is he, 31 or something? For a Goalkeeper? 

Of course he can improve. He has greatly. 

Not every player is going to be perfect. 

GK is different to outfield players, a defender can recover from a judgement error, a GK generally does not so just think how good Zanders concentration levels are as a top flight and International Goalkeeper when everything is happening at a hundred miles an hour. 

I think he's improved a lot since he's come to Hearts tbh and he's got 3 massively experienced keepers with him in training everyday in Gallagher, Gordon and McGovern. What a knowledge base to tap into. That's like having Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan and Jet Li as your Sensei's. 

He's going to improve loads. I don't doubt it. 

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Halkett can play in the middle of the 3, Kingsley was dropped for his return, but cant play either side because hes too slow. Maybe in a back four with a quick guy beside him.
Once again you completely disregard the mistakes Clark has and is still making, at least 3 against RC that cost us one goal and should’ve cost us our point. If the manager continues to choose Clark over Gordon then at 41 he should hang up his gloves with us anyway. 

Equally he essentially won us the derby, with a fantastic penalty save and a thundering accurate boot down field for Shankland to get stuck into.

I don’t think he’s made all that many mistakes. You make out at times like he’s Bobby or Poppadom hands. He isn’t. Blundering hapless keepers simply do not maintain a 50% clean sheet record. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Equally he essentially won us the derby, with a fantastic penalty save and a thundering accurate boot down field for Shankland to get stuck into.

I don’t think he’s made all that many mistakes. You make out at times like he’s Bobby or Poppadom hands. He isn’t. Blundering hapless keepers simply do not maintain a 50% clean sheet record. 

Who knows if we would’ve won the derby, he’s joined a long line of donkeys that have made a contribution to winning one, like he losr us a win in May at Tynecastle by losing one of the six free kicks from outside the box. 
Sorry you cant see the mistakes he makes every match, he doesn’t have a 50% clean sheet record as 10 out 21 isn’t half and you conveniently forget the cup games and Europe. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Everyone can improve.

We're not programmed with a capped potential ffs. :lol:

Some folk have physical limitations but Zanders already a pretty good big, agile keeper. The mistakes he makes are mental errors. Positional, awareness. They are few and far between this season tbf to him.

What is he, 31 or something? For a Goalkeeper? 

Of course he can improve. He has greatly. 

Not every player is going to be perfect. 

GK is different to outfield players, a defender can recover from a judgement error, a GK generally does not so just think how good Zanders concentration levels are as a top flight and International Goalkeeper when everything is happening at a hundred miles an hour. 

I think he's improved a lot since he's come to Hearts tbh and he's got 3 massively experienced keepers with him in training everyday in Gallagher, Gordon and McGovern. What a knowledge base to tap into. That's like having Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan and Jet Li as your Sensei's. 

He's going to improve loads. I don't doubt it. 

I said he wont improve not cant, as for Gallacher he was hopeless and hasn’t helped a GK get better yet. 
McGovern played for poor teams and hasn’t started a game in years. 
Physocally hes weak and they haven’t helped him kick the ball any better since he came, a bit of leg work in the gym would help according to an Uefa 

A license coach.

Edited by Pasquale for King
Spelling

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Who knows if we would’ve won the derby, he’s joined a long line of donkeys that have made a contribution to winning one, like he losr us a win in May at Tynecastle by losing one of the six free kicks from outside the box. 
Sorry you cant see the mistakes he makes every match, he doesn’t have a 50% clean sheet record as 10 out 21 isn’t half and you conveniently forget the cup games and Europe. 

:lol: 47.6% then. It’s level with Butland at rangers. 

He’s made a handful of mistakes as most normal keepers do. The bigger context is, 10 clean sheets and the 3rd best GC column in the Premiership is not the record of a poor keeper. Not by a long shot. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I said he wont improve not cant, as for Gallacher he was hopeless and hasn’t helped a GK get better yet. 
McGovern played for poor teams and hasn’t started a game in years. 
Physocally hes weak and they haven’t helped him kick the ball any better since he came, a bit of leg work in the gym would help according to an Uefa 

A license coach.

😬 So if he can improve, how will he not if the evidence says otherwise? 

Was Gallagher hopeless? He was a top flight keeper for years and played Internationally. 

McGovern too 

Yet someone with an A license says otherwise. 

I mean, come on mate. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

😬 So if he can improve, how will he not if the evidence says otherwise? 

Was Gallagher hopeless? He was a top flight keeper for years and played Internationally. 

McGovern too 

Yet someone with an A license says otherwise. 

I mean, come on mate. 

What evidence, can you list what areas you believe he has improved so far? 
McGovern and Gallacher have extremely similar careers, not the kind of bog standard we should be employing. Zlamal and Doyle were internationals also. 
Has Gallacher ever helped any our GKs get better in his time with us?

I would imagine a current head coach who has worked at top flight clubs might just know better than you, don’t you think?

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

:lol: 47.6% then. It’s level with Butland at rangers. 

He’s made a handful of mistakes as most normal keepers do. The bigger context is, 10 clean sheets and the 3rd best GC column in the Premiership is not the record of a poor keeper. Not by a long shot. 

Handful, 3 against RC for a start. Your counting is as bad as your judgement of a GK. 12 out of 26 is 46.154. 

If hes so good any thoughts on why NOBODY wanted him in 2022 and was still available to us last September after so many games at the level he should play at? After saying that though even the St Johnstone were ripping the pish out of his catching and kicks 🤦🏽

Edited by Pasquale for King

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Handful, 3 against RC for a start. Your counting is as bad as your judgement of a GK.

If hes so good any thoughts on why NOBODY wanted him in 2022 and was still available to us last September after so many games at the level he should play at? After saying that though even the St Johnstone were ripping the pish out of his catching and kicks 🤦🏽

I’ll keep pointing at his excellent clean sheet and goals conceded record this season. 

As for the goals conceded against RC neither of them was a clear GK error for me. He didn’t cause the goals to occur. The own goal, it was Cochrane that wrong footed him, and the free kick was absolute top bins. Seen Craig gordon do exactly the same thing if someone puts a worldy in the top corner, just stands there feet planted. It happens. Neither of those goals is a GK error really not a proper one. Maybe a “could’ve done better” at best. Not blunders tho. 

Gordon was leaking dozens of goals before he broke his leg. Do they all count as GK errors?  

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I’ll keep pointing at his excellent clean sheet and goals conceded record this season. 

As for the goals conceded against RC neither of them was a clear GK error for me. He didn’t cause the goals to occur. The own goal, it was Cochrane that wrong footed him, and the free kick was absolute top bins. Seen Craig gordon do exactly the same thing if someone puts a worldy in the top corner, just stands there feet planted. It happens. Neither of those goals is a GK error really not a proper one. Maybe a “could’ve done better” at best. Not blunders tho. 

Gordon was leaking dozens of goals before he broke his leg. Do they all count as GK errors?  

Top bins, physically impossible from that angle with a right foot shot, 5 foot from top corner. Sixth goal hes lost from a free kick in a year. 
RC first minute palms out a slow shot that returned and was barely offside. Not long after palms two shots back out to attackers. 
Gordon was losing DOZENS of goals? The defence was poor most of last season, Clark didn’t make it any better. 

A_A wehatethehibs
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Top bins, physically impossible from that angle with a right foot shot, 5 foot from top corner. Sixth goal hes lost from a free kick in a year. 
RC first minute palms out a slow shot that returned and was barely offside. Not long after palms two shots back out to attackers. 
Gordon was losing DOZENS of goals? The defence was poor most of last season, Clark didn’t make it any better. 

This is 5 foot from the top corner eh? Think you need to follow our national referees to spec savers 

IMG_3816.jpeg.9b014ee888ca9ddf12ff6fe7a790e389.jpeg

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

What evidence, can you list what areas you believe he has improved so far? 
McGovern and Gallacher have extremely similar careers, not the kind of bog standard we should be employing. Zlamal and Doyle were internationals also. 
Has Gallacher ever helped any our GKs get better in his time with us?

I would imagine a current head coach who has worked at top flight clubs might just know better than you, don’t you think?

:wtf:

He's come to Hearts as a second choice goalkeeper behind one of the greatest Goalkeepers of his generation....in the world. Yes. Big Craigy G... ****ing legend btw. 

That was ballsy tbf.  He could've been sitting there, getting splinters on his arse, playing 2nd fiddle to Craig Gordon for 2 or 3 seasons. With his career down the pan and having rarely ever played for us.

Obviously rates himself. Fair play. 

Big Craig's got injured and his chance is presented. Has he taken it? Clearly. With bells and whistles. 

He's gone from no caps to three caps in under 50 games.

Ok, he's not Gigi Buffon, but form wise he's been consistently solid. He's made a few mistakes, yes...but so did Craig. Did he recover from that? Absolutely.

I honestly don't see how you can be as critical as you're being tbh. 

"A current head coach at a top flight club, with a UEFA A license says he's shite so that must be true". Ok, cool, whatevers. I'm not even going to address that. 😉

But nevertheless, say that was true, right....Wouldn't you take Steve Clarke and Stevie Woods word for it as evidence of his improvement? 

As I'm sure we can say for certain that if Stevie Clarke with his pro license said so, he would be the greater authority on the matter than this goalie coach boy with the a license? 

😁

Edited by Cruyff

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

This is 5 foot from the top corner eh? Think you need to follow our national referees to spec savers 

Thats not where it hit the net, which you didn’t show because it was 5 foot from the top corner where you wrongly said it hit? Your boy only one or two steps to save it, not his fault though. 
There surely isn’t any fan who doesn’t realise that Kent is the difference in defence this season, along with the change to zonal marking at corners, not anything Clark has done. 

56 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Lev Yashin ain't saving that. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

:wtf:

He's come to Hearts as a second choice goalkeeper behind one of the greatest Goalkeepers of his generation....in the world. Yes. Big Craigy G... ****ing legend btw. 

That was ballsy tbf.  He could've been sitting there, getting splinters on his arse, playing 2nd fiddle to Craig Gordon for 2 or 3 seasons. With his career down the pan and having rarely ever played for us.

Obviously rates himself. Fair play. 

Big Craig's got injured and his chance is presented. Has he taken it? Clearly. With bells and whistles. 

He's gone from no caps to three caps in under 50 games.

Ok, he's not Gigi Buffon, but form wise he's been consistently solid. He's made a few mistakes, yes...but so did Craig. Did he recover from that? Absolutely.

I honestly don't see how you can be as critical as you're being tbh. 

"A current head coach at a top flight club, with a UEFA A license says he's shite so that must be true". Ok, cool, whatevers. I'm not even going to address that. 😉

But nevertheless, say that was true, right....Wouldn't you take Steve Clarke and Stevie Woods word for it as evidence of his improvement? 

As I'm sure we can say for certain that if Stevie Clarke with his pro license said so, he would be the greater authority on the matter than this goalie coach boy with the a license? 

😁

If you could bother to read what I actually said, he could kick the ball better by strengthening his leg, simple stuff. Hes a head coach of a professional football team ffs 😆
So you think you know better than someone who has worked and studied football for decades, who is a year away from a pro licence 🤪?!?!

As for Clarke, he chose Marshall for the Euros how did that turn out? 
He had little option but to play Clark recently as there are literally no decent GKs playing games. 
Still waiting on that list of 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Thats not where it hit the net, which you didn’t show because it was 5 foot from the top corner where you wrongly said it hit? Your boy only one or two steps to save it, not his fault though. 
There surely isn’t any fan who doesn’t realise that Kent is the difference in defence this season, along with the change to zonal marking at corners, not anything Clark has done. 

It doesn’t matter where it hits the net bud, it’s where it crosses the line that counts. Here’s the next frame:

IMG_3817.jpeg.a76adfc7e3e1e146baaf3fbc0fbe8d45.jpeg

A_A wehatethehibs
9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Lev Yashin ain't saving that. 

It was a sweet strike. Bends it round the outside of the wall as well which is why the keepers unsighted and feet planted. It reminded me of one or two of Laryea Kingstons efforts

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It doesn’t matter where it hits the net bud, it’s where it crosses the line that counts. Here’s the next frame:

IMG_3817.jpeg.a76adfc7e3e1e146baaf3fbc0fbe8d45.jpeg

You said top corner, you were wrong. He could’ve easily have saved that, wasn’t that fast from 29 yards. 
So far you haven’t answered what you think the guy that nobody wanted on a free has improved on to be getting all the credit for our better defensive record, compared to last season?

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If you could bother to read what I actually said, he could kick the ball better by strengthening his leg, simple stuff. Hes a head coach of a professional football team ffs 😆
So you think you know better than someone who has worked and studied football for decades, who is a year away from a pro licence 🤪?!?!

As for Clarke, he chose Marshall for the Euros how did that turn out? 
He had little option but to play Clark recently as there are literally no decent GKs playing games. 
Still waiting on that list of 

"He can kick the ball better by strengthening his leg"? 

So this goalie coach boy with the bits of paper is also a sports scientists now too. Ok then. 

Did Zander not just rattle the baw the length of Easter Road to set up Shanks for the winner a couple of weeks ago with his weak ass right foot? 

Stevie Clarke clearly knows better doesn't he than this boy though? Let's be real here? 

A_A wehatethehibs
20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You said top corner, you were wrong. He could’ve easily have saved that, wasn’t that fast from 29 yards. 
So far you haven’t answered what you think the guy that nobody wanted on a free has improved on to be getting all the credit for our better defensive record, compared to last season?

You have demonstrated, resoundingly, that you’ve not got a clue about goalkeeping.  

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

"He can kick the ball better by strengthening his leg"? 

So this goalie coach boy with the bits of paper is also a sports scientists now too. Ok then. 

Did Zander not just rattle the baw the length of Easter Road to set up Shanks for the winner a couple of weeks ago with his weak ass right foot? 

Stevie Clarke clearly knows better doesn't he than this boy though? Let's be real here? 

You’re really struggling with this aren’t you? 
He isn’t a GK coach hes a head coach/ manager which may explain that better to you, who also does have a masters in Sports science actually 😆
At no point did I say he knows better than Clarke, you’ve made that up, but I sure as **** know that he is far more knowledgeable than you or probably anyone else on here is about football. 
Clarke had Liam Kelly, who even Motherwell fans know is crap, or Clark as there is literally nobody else 

Pasquale for King
Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

You have demonstrated, resoundingly, that you’ve not got a clue about goalkeeping.  

You too 👍🏽👏🏾👋🏿

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You’re really struggling with this aren’t you? 
He isn’t a GK coach hes a head coach/ manager which may explain that better to you, who also does have a masters in Sports science actually 😆
At no point did I say he knows better than Clarke, you’ve made that up, but I sure as **** know that he is far more knowledgeable than you or probably anyone else on here is about football. 
Clarke had Liam Kelly, who even Motherwell fans know is crap, or Clark as there is literally nobody else 

Erm..... I don't think so. I think readers would agree. 

jambo mark

What’s everyone thoughts now after the weekend and Naismiths comments he thinks he can keep them both happy?

CG to return to the sticks till end of the season and ZC to be number 1 for next year and beyond?

Americana

It really doesnt seem to be the best allocation of funds having both on the payroll. CG I would imagine is one of our highest earners with a limited amount of time left, ZC has came on leaps and bounds and still has a good bit of fuel in the tank. I think the number 2 GK should be reserved for someone young/ cheap who can be mentored by the number one.

1 hour ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

to return. Clark needs a break. JMO

What did Clark do wrong against Dundee? 

gorgierulesapply88
1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

What did Clark do wrong against Dundee? 

Not much. Gordon saves from Mcghee, easily.

Most likely catches the save that he did make.

Clark isn't the one.

No Idle Talk

Um.......I mean......ultimately I do want Craig Gordon back in goals. But no way can Zander Clark be blamed for either of last night's goals. That's unfair and a hell of a reach. 

Section Q
1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

Um.......I mean......ultimately I do want Craig Gordon back in goals. But no way can Zander Clark be blamed for either of last night's goals. That's unfair and a hell of a reach. 

Naisy says Clark will play on Saturday and that's fair enough.

Heres Rixxy

I don't get this whole 'you can't drop someone' crap. You play what you believe your best team is. 

No Idle Talk
5 minutes ago, Heres Rixxy said:

I don't get this whole 'you can't drop someone' crap. You play what you believe your best team is. 

I understand the sentiment. I think Craig Gordon is the best goalkeeper we have. And I love the man. Hearts legend. But that's easy to say as a supporter. 

As Hearts manager, you have to work with the two players and be fair. And to be honest, since Craig Gordon became fit enough to play again, Zander Clark has raised his game and done nothing wrong. It's tough to tell a guy who's playing well that he's heading back to the bench. 

Managing this situation is going to be one of the hardest things Steven Naismith will ever have to do as Hearts manager because you CAN'T leave Craig Gordon on the bench for long. You just can't.

Zander might have to play the long game and concede his shirt for the second half of the season, then hope Craigy retires in the summer, but Zander also wants to go to the Euros so he can't do that. We have two keepers who are good enough to go to Germany and who both want to go. 

I don't envy Steven Naismith when it comes to keeping both guys happy. Tough gig. 

Hearts could lose Zander if he is cruelly axed and who could blame him especially if he loses his place in the Scotland squad. He is definitely one of the best keepers in the league. Don’t think he done anything wrong last night and his save before the goal was top drawer.  

football fans are so fickle and lead from the heart way too often…

It’s the bigger picture for me and that’s Clark staying between the sticks until he needs a break due to bad performances - last night was not one of them. 

1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

I understand the sentiment. I think Craig Gordon is the best goalkeeper we have. And I love the man. Hearts legend. But that's easy to say as a supporter. 

As Hearts manager, you have to work with the two players and be fair. And to be honest, since Craig Gordon became fit enough to play again, Zander Clark has raised his game and done nothing wrong. It's tough to tell a guy who's playing well that he's heading back to the bench. 

Managing this situation is going to be one of the hardest things Steven Naismith will ever have to do as Hearts manager because you CAN'T leave Craig Gordon on the bench for long. You just can't.

Zander might have to play the long game and concede his shirt for the second half of the season, then hope Craigy retires in the summer, but Zander also wants to go to the Euros so he can't do that. We have two keepers who are good enough to go to Germany and who both want to go. 

I don't envy Steven Naismith when it comes to keeping both guys happy. Tough gig. 

:spoton:

Again with the ‘he’s done nothing wrong’ line. For a bog-standard ‘Keeper then yep, he done nothing wrong. However he never got off the ground for the first and didn’t make himself big for the 2nd. 

If Gordon was playing last night and saved both shots it wouldn’t have been slightest bit surprising. He done that a on a weekly basis. Short memories. 

Victorian

Highly doubtful he saves the 2nd.  The 1st is a possible.  Another unknown is what Clark will save that Gordon might not have.  But the agenda is set in stone and Clark's bar has been set very high from now on.  A pity because he's been a really good performer.

With Gordon back, Clark knows he needs to perform week in, week out.

That pressure may make him an even better keeper.

Finlay James

Clark holds the gloves just now and he’s earned the right to continue.  If Gordon convinces Naisy that it needs to change, so be it but until that time, Zander gets my full backing.

Great position to be in as they are both top keepers.  As an aside, Harry Stone is having a great loan at QOS and will be pushing them both come the summer.

Selkirkhmfc1874

I'm massive Gordon fan but would be very harsh on Clark after holding the gloves for over a year imo 

• davemclaren changed the title to Zander Clark vs Craig Gordon ( merged )
4 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Not much. Gordon saves from Mcghee, easily.

Most likely catches the save that he did make.

Clark isn't the one.

:rofl:

From top to bottom utter shite.