Serious incident in Granton

GinRummy

JudyJudyJudy
28 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

There was much more objection to that government overreach than that. 

Correct 👍 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Morgan

• steve123

• Ked

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, the posh bit said:

You carry on reading the Daily Express 👍

Mmm.

Expected better from you.

The establishments care of vulnerable children in Scotland for the last 50 years .

Discuss?

Or the UK as a whole.

Let's take basics .How about protection?

Dawnrazor
9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You are an excuse maker.

You blame every I'll on poverty.

This is very personal

I was physically abused as a child. By my mother who was an alcoholic. She on occasion burst my nose and bruised my body severely.

When I was just aged Eight my parents split up. I was asked to choose between Father and Mother. I chose my Father as he didn't physically abuse me.

By the time I was aged Eleven I had attended Six different primary schools.

In order. Royston, Almond Bank(Livingston), Dalmuir West(Dalmuir), Pirniehall, St Catherine's, and St Peter's. The last one whilst I was in the children's home, Canaan Lodge in Canaan Lane, Morningside.

I was still in the home when I started secondary school at St Thomas's, which turned out to be my only secondary school.

Here's the thing I could read and count before I left Royston. Why was that, because even that young I knew I was at school to learn and more importantly I knew right from wrong and how to behave.

I have known hunger, and cold as a child and wearing the same clothes for a week.

Having very bad head lice as a child that I had to go to a place on the high street to have a nit nurse wash my hair thoroughly, and get rid of the lice.

Unlike you I don't use it as an excuse for the times when I have been brassic and hungry, admittedly far more often as a child than an adult.

I have never turned to crime, as that was the easy option. I have never had a police record and never will. I have had 6pts on my driving licence for Two speeding offences, and the only person responsible for them was myself.

I could tell you far more, but you would think it was so far fetched and wouldn't believe me.

Good luck in your work.

Bloody hell, John, big respect for posting such personal information.

I completely agree with the sentiments in you post, I suffered nothing like what you did, but knew people in my village who were in a similar situation, the miners strike just made things worse for a good while, but despite hardships most made something of their lives and themselves through work.

Gundermann
24 minutes ago, Ked said:

Often grass roots volunteering takes place from survivors .

It's rarely been helped by the establishment.

You and others need to chill the fek out with your dogma ffs.

What dogma ffs?

Yes, survivors are invaluable but state support goes a long way too. Christ,  it's way better than when I was wee. Kids just disappeared, expelled, bunked off, whatever... no-one gave a shit.

13 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You are an excuse maker.

This is very personal

I was physically abused as a child. By my mother who was an alcoholic. She on occasion burst my nose and bruised my body severely.

When I was just aged Eight my parents split up. I was asked to choose between Father and Mother. I chose my Father as he didn't physically abuse me.

In order. Royston, Almond Bank(Livingston), Dalmuir West(Dalmuir), Pirniehall, St Catherine's, and St Peter's. The last one whilst I was in the children's home, Canaan Lodge in Canaan Lane, Morningside.

I was still in the home when I started secondary school at St Thomas's, which turned out to be my only secondary school.

Here's the thing I could read and count before I left Royston. Why was that, because even that young I knew I was at school to learn and more importantly I knew right from wrong and how to behave.

I have known hunger, and cold as a child and wearing the same clothes for a week.

Having very bad head lice as a child that I had to go to a place on the high street to have a nit nurse wash my hair thoroughly, and get rid of the lice.

Unlike you I don't use it as an excuse for the times when I have been brassic and hungry, admittedly far more often as a child than an adult.

I have never turned to crime, as that was the easy option. I have never had a police record and never will. I have had 6pts on my driving licence for Two speeding offences, and the only person responsible for them was myself.

I could tell you far more, but you would think it was so far fetched and wouldn't believe me.

Good luck in your work.

With respect John, how do you think you might’ve turned out if your father had been just like your mother? 

JudyJudyJudy
36 minutes ago, Ked said:

because state intervention has worked a treat for the vulnerable children in Scotland

It’s not the greatest but it’s certainly not the worse . More funding is needed . It’s been a life saver for many children , who have grown into functional adults .

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

south morocco
2 minutes ago, kila said:

With respect John, how do you think you might’ve turned out if your father had been just like your mother? 

How can he possibly answer that? As a kid you have to deal with the cards you’re dealt.

Total respect to John for posting but I didn’t want to read it all as I felt I was being nosy. 

Des Lynam
16 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You are an excuse maker.

This is very personal

Good luck in your work.

That can’t have been easy to share. Fair play to you John. 

Gundermann
15 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You are an excuse maker.

This is very personal

Good luck in your work.

Respect. 

I can only tell you what I see. It's tough when a kid in late primary not knowing he has ten fingers is the least of his problems. The data and science I get from training but aye, some kids do escape it. Not sure why when others don't. I'm lucky my own old man escaped grinding poverty by joining the armed forces. 

4 hours ago, Taffin said:

Judy, Judy, Judy. I like the general sentiment you're pushing, but christ you're waffling some pish on every bloody thread 😂

FTFY🙂

12 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

You carry on reading the Daily Express 👍

Good to see you mixing it up a bit. It's usually the Daily Mail 😴 💤 

Just now, Gundermann said:

What dogma ffs?

Yes, survivors are invaluable but state support goes a long way too. Christ,  it's way better than when I was wee. Kids just disappeared, expelled, bunked off, whatever... no-one gave a shit.

What dogma ?

Nate ffs

You and others straight on it about the bill etc.

Was a shit bill with no.thought to government agency track record or the intricacy of Such a scheme.

What's needed is imo a back to basics where men are shamed for not being about their bairns and just a better family outlook.

From Grandparent to grandchild.

Shared street etc.

I think we've lost value buddy.

Strange thread 😄

Me and Judy's spraff ffs.

Am just saying maybe we've forgot more than we know.

Mikey1874
Just now, Des Lynam said:

That can’t have been easy to share. Fair play to you John. 

Yep. respect.

Shanks said no
21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Its not his brother Don who was mentioned as with him as he is aged 41 according to previous reports.

I agree  as police are saying 39yo

https://www.scotland.police.uk/what-s-happening/news/2023/december/man-s-death-treated-as-murder-following-firearms-incident-in-edinburgh/

5 years ago when they had their photo taken together for the first time Don Webley was 36, Marc was 32 and Joe ‘JoJo’ Ramsay was 19

Edited by Shanks said no

south morocco
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yep. respect.

Agreed 

the posh bit
13 minutes ago, Ked said:

Mmm.

Expected better from you.

The establishments care of vulnerable children in Scotland for the last 50 years .

Discuss?

Or the UK as a whole.

Let's take basics .How about protection?

Up until the mid 80s, adults working with vulnerable kids were allowed to assault them so I'm not going back 50 years. 

There's been significant improvement since The Children's Act in 1995 and it's getting better. It's far from perfect but if the safeguarding of vulnerable children was funded properly and not used as a political football then there would be far more positive outcomes for everyone in society. 

Edited by the posh bit

John Findlay
8 minutes ago, kila said:

He wasn't an alcoholic. His addiction was gambling on the horses. That caused different problems from that of my mother.

William H. Bonney
2 minutes ago, Shanks said no said:

I agree  as police are saying 39yo

https://www.scotland.police.uk/what-s-happening/news/2023/december/man-s-death-treated-as-murder-following-firearms-incident-in-edinburgh/

5 years ago when they had their photo taken together for the first time Don Webley was 36, Marc was 32 and Joe ‘JoJo’ Ramsay was 19

Who's looking after jo jo?

5 minutes ago, south morocco said:

How can he possibly answer that? As a kid you have to deal with the cards you’re dealt.

Total respect to John for posting but I didn’t want to read it all as I felt I was being nosy. 

Just meant it can be a fair excuse for some and a parent shining the light even a little can make a huge impact. A kid born into a broken family experiencing violence from both parents isn’t as likely to have a positive future even if they desired it at one point. 

John Findlay
6 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

'm lucky my own old man escaped grinding poverty by joining the armed forces. 

Yes I joined the armed forces. That wasn't my first option. I was actually going to become a cartographist with Ordnance Survey. Then I decided to visit the places for real instead of mapping them.

south morocco
1 minute ago, kila said:

Just meant it can be a fair excuse for some and a parent shining the light even a little can make a huge impact. A kid born into a broken family experiencing violence from both parents isn’t as likely to have a positive future even if they desired it at one point. 

Sorry Kila, I get you now. It’s turned int a bit of a sociological topic. 

the posh bit
11 minutes ago, Ked said:

What dogma ?

Nate ffs

You and others straight on it about the bill etc.

Was a shit bill with no.thought to government agency track record or the intricacy of Such a scheme.

What's needed is imo a back to basics where men are shamed for not being about their bairns and just a better family outlook.

From Grandparent to grandchild.

Shared street etc.

I think we've lost value buddy.

Strange thread 😄

Me and Judy's spraff ffs.

Am just saying maybe we've forgot more than we know.

Maybe what's needed is a system that supports fathers to have the same equal rights to parenting once the family breaks up. There are a lot of studies out there that conclude children thrive more when a male parent has a/the main parenting role. 

Mikey1874
27 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

christ, as that story goes on, the amount of absolute strokers involved increases drastically. A set of ******s

Who’s the arsehole from south Edinburgh that he was in a feud with?

Now I don't know.

South Edinburgh became notable when Alex McKinnon was murdered at the Marmion pub in 2006 relating mainly to getting at the local Hendry family. But don't know who they mean. There are other crime families in area. 

Just now, the posh bit said:

Maybe what's needed is a system that supports fathers to have the same equal rights to parenting once the family breaks up. There are a lot of studies out there that conclude children thrive more when a male parent has a/the main parenting role. 

All studies point to that buddy.

Does government taking that responsibility by appointing appropriate adults ...I like the thought but I'd prefer social policy to make the family in traditional sense to be policy pursued.

It's proven kids are happier and it's evolved to that .

12 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Sorry Kila, I get you now. It’s turned int a bit of a sociological topic. 

Aye sorry bout that everyone. 

Me and Judy with his bible bashing 🤣🥰

18 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

Who's looking after jo jo?

Hopefully bae !@#£ if he's got the same accent.

19 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

Up until the mid 80s, adults working with vulnerable kids were allowed to assault them so I'm not going back 50 years. 

There's been significant improvement since The Children's Act in 1995 and it's getting better. It's far from perfect but if the safeguarding of vulnerable children was funded properly and not used as a political football then there would be far more positive outcomes for everyone in society. 

OK buddy .

And yes we invest nixy in our future .

Just borrow on it.

Fekin daily express ya git I'm further right than that lot.

😁

south morocco
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Now I don't know.

South Edinburgh became notable when Alex McKinnon was murdered at the Marmion pub in 2006 relating mainly to getting at the local Hendry family. But don't know who they mean. There are other crime families in area. 

What areas are classed as South of Edinburgh 

5 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

There's plenty of evidence generally to show that, for the most part, children thrive more when there's a lot of stability and support in their lives, regardless of the gender or number of the people who are providing that.  However, there is much research to show that boys benefit from a close and positive relationship with their fathers between (more or less) 10 and 14, and then benefit from having positive male role models outside of their immediate family setting from 14 or so through to their late teens and early 20s.

The trouble with intergenerational poverty and alienation is that many youngsters have absolutely no positive role models whatsoever in their family environments, and in particular many boys have no positive male role models in their "social" circles at all while growing up.  They are literally living with mothers who have no idea what working and achieving mean, and with fathers (if present) and uncles, cousins and so on with absolutely zero interest in or awareness of things like learning, self-development, and working.  The only way those children have the slightest hope of learning anything about what most of us would call a "normal" life is from outside role models - teachers, childcare workers, social workers, psychologists, and the like. 

But by the time they reach 4 or 5, most of those children have already learned how to fail, and have imprinted patterns in their minds that mean they almost inevitably cannot succeed.  The research shows that children in those circumstances are literally brain-damaged.

If you had that life, would you live it differently?

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

There's plenty of evidence generally to show that, for the most part, children thrive more when there's a lot of stability and support in their lives, regardless of the gender or number of the people who are providing that.  However, there is much research to show that boys benefit from a close and positive relationship with their fathers between (more or less) 10 and 14, and then benefit from having positive male role models outside of their immediate family setting from 14 or so through to their late teens and early 20s.

The trouble with intergenerational poverty and alienation is that many youngsters have absolutely no positive role models whatsoever in their family environments, and in particular many boys have no positive male role models in their "social" circles at all while growing up.  They are literally living with mothers who have no idea what working and achieving mean, and with fathers (if present) and uncles, cousins and so on with absolutely zero interest in or awareness of things like learning, self-development, and working.  The only way those children have the slightest hope of learning anything about what most of us would call a "normal" life is from outside role models - teachers, childcare workers, social workers, psychologists, and the like. 

But by the time they reach 4 or 5, most of those children have already learned how to fail, and have imprinted patterns in their minds that mean they almost inevitably cannot succeed.  The research shows that children in those circumstances are literally brain-damaged.

Excellent posting . There is seriously a lack of positive male role models for a whole generation of boys . This is obviously for a variety of reasons . 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Excellent posting . 

Yeah, but...

5 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

The only way those children have the slightest hope of learning anything about what most of us would call a "normal" life is from outside role models - teachers, childcare workers, social workers, psychologists, and the like. 

What institution do you think employs and pays the teachers, childcare workers, social workers, psychologists, and the like?

south morocco

I understand and can completely relate to everything you’ve said. But I won’t think about it on new years night as I’m trying to enjoy myself 

Bull's-eye

No pwopa gangsters on here got the full story yet, I'm sure there is. Mon, spill the juice !!

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Gilmerton / inch area 

Mikey1874
9 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Gracemount, Gilmerton, Liberton, Ferniehill, Fairmilhead

4 minutes ago, south morocco said:

I understand and can completely relate to everything you’ve said. But I won’t think about it on new years night as I’m trying to enjoy myself 

I know.  Thinking about this stuff can be a bit depressing.

JudyJudyJudy

Yeah, but...

What institution do you think employs and pays the teachers, childcare workers, social workers, psychologists, and the like?

The same institution which fritters away money on arguing for never  endums, and fighting various court battles on issues they know have no hope of winning . 

south morocco
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Missed the of

south morocco
2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I know.  Thinking about this stuff can be a bit depressing.

Definitely 

4 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Yeah, but...

I hope I'm not going all off tract.

Family and the best oarts of conservative thinking along with socialist thinking.

Is that not how men and women balance.

Things aren't perfect and it's good attitudes and the way we bring bairns up etc change .

But again it's like we forget more than we know

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

The same institution which fritters away money on arguing for never  endums, and fighting various court battles on issues they know have no hope of winning . 

Ffs judy eh?

Honest tae fek man

Dawnrazor
30 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

Amen, I've a good mate that is going through hell this last year, the ex is just using their child as a weapon, no way should what some father's have to go through be legal.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Ked said:

Ffs judy eh?

Honest tae fek man

He asked a question . He got an answer . 

south morocco
5 minutes ago, Ked said:

Ffs judy eh?

Honest tae fek man

If people just stuck to the thread subject eh! 

4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

He asked a question . He got an answer . 

He didn't ask for the usual pish.

Can we not talk pish without the usual pish mate ffs.

Doctor FinnBarr
14 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

We had a good friend of ours in Dunbar last night for NY, married his 2nd wife because she had 5 kids and now has grandkids coming out his ears. Jimmy is the archtypical biker, long grey hair and beard. The amount of time he spent with Ava (our grandaughter) was unreal. Then he reverted to type, pissed over the bog floor mat and our decking.

Just now, south morocco said:

If people just stuck to the thread subject eh! 

Touché mate I'm guilty.

Doctor FinnBarr
2 minutes ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

We had a good friend of ours in Dunbar last night for NY, married his 2nd wife because she had 5 kids and now has grandkids coming out his ears. Jimmy is the archtypical biker, long grey hair and beard. The amount of time he spent with Ava (our grandaughter) was unreal. Then he reverted to type, pissed over the bog floor mat and our decking.

1 minute ago, Ked said:

Touché mate I'm guilty.

I'm in

the posh bit
17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

And Inch 😉

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic