Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Morgan

• steve123

• Ked

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nucky Thompson

The more you read and watch his videos, you can tell that he knew that he was going to die.

Underneath all that bravado, he must have been shitting himself 

Ron Burgundy
4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The more you read and watch his videos, you can tell that he knew that he was going to die.

Underneath all that bravado, he must have been shitting himself 

You fly with the crows.......

That type love the trappings and infamy.

No loss to society.

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, May98 said:

One of them have already seen the partner severely attacked in front of them.  Webley didn’t seem to care that the son seen it all.  

Yes it’s a real tragedy for the children . Very sad . 

steve123
14 minutes ago, May98 said:

One of them have already seen the partner severely attacked in front of them.  Webley didn’t seem to care that the son seen it all.  

heartbreaking 

the posh bit
49 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Anchor Inn. West Granton Road, just before the United wire works when heading for Granton Square.

Gunner. Is now no more, demolished a couple of years back. Was Three quarters of the way down Pennywell Road heading towards Marine Drive.

Ferryboat. Is on the Ferry Road opposite Ferry Road Place and 75yds before you get to the entrance of Drylaw Police station when heading towards Davison Mains, which is a westerly direction.

100yds after the entrance to Drylaw Police station heading west is what used to be the Doocot pub, which has been closed for quite a good few years now.

Many would argue that in the 60s, 70s, and 80s the Doocot was the best pub in the whole Granton, West Granton, Royston, West Pilton, Muirhouse area.

Willie Muir which was behind what was Diverno's newsagents and the Caroline Bingo hall built in 1966ish, now been demolished for at least a dozen years.

I was told by an old boy who used to manage pub in Drylaw that's now next to the McDonald's that the Doocot was the second busiest pub in Scotland at one time, the busiest being the Horseshoe Bar in Glasgow. 

the posh bit
39 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

He seemed like a thoroughly despicable human being. 

By all accounts, he was just that. He's going to be remembered for those videos now though. You can see the terror in his eyes in a couple of them. 

steve123

Interesting for all the coverage in the paper they are not naming the other person shot, I mean going as far as posting pictures with face blurred out.

8 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

I was told by an old boy who used to manage pub in Drylaw that's now next to the McDonald's that the Doocot was the second busiest pub in Scotland at one time, the busiest being the Horseshoe Bar in Glasgow. 

The Doocot sold more beer than any other pub in Scotland back in the 70s

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I remember going up every month with my old man’s chitty he got as a part of his salary from Scottish and Newcastle and getting a couple of cases of booze from the wee off sales bit. 

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

The 80' was outstanding.

Nicknamed the deep-sleep as half a dozen pints of that usually left you tucked up in your cot.

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I remember going up every month with my old man’s chitty he got as a part of his salary from Scottish and Newcastle and getting a couple of cases of booze from the wee off sales bit. 

That's who I worked for. Used to stagger up the road from the Lord Nelson with my 24 cans every month

Roxy Hearts
15 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

My Dad used to drink there after his shift at Granton gasworks. Some journey home as we stayed at top end of the Inch!

cannonfoda
16 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

The Willie Muir had a murder in it if the gas board lot are to be believed.   What's the pubs in d mains like?  

7 minutes ago, cannonfoda said:

The Willie Muir had a murder in it if the gas board lot are to be believed.   What's the pubs in d mains like?  

Ye Olde Inn is ok, decent enough food, lots of regulars and plenty organised music nights if that’s your thing. The Norhet is a bit more rough and ready no frills sort of place. That’s it now since McKenzie’s became part of a development of new flats. 

JudyJudyJudy
23 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Interesting for all the coverage in the paper they are not naming the other person shot, I mean going as far as posting pictures with face blurred out.

Yes I noticed that . Why not ? 

the posh bit
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Ye Olde Inn is ok, decent enough food, lots of regulars and plenty organised music nights if that’s your thing. The Norhet is a bit more rough and ready no frills sort of place. That’s it now since McKenzie’s became part of a development of new flats. 

There's next to nothing decent up that end now. The Blackhall Lounge used to be a decent wee pub too 

Just now, the posh bit said:

There's next to nothing decent up that end now. The Blackhall Lounge used to be a decent wee pub too 

Both the boozers in D Mains are busy all the time so that’s good that they are still part of the local community and used. 

JudyJudyJudy

I know zero about that area of Edinburgh , so can’t comment on the pubs . I’m more down with the news regarding the east end / south side and the inch / gilmerton and Gracie . 

steve123
5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes I noticed that . Why not ? 

Not sure to be honest, he is obviously not shy himself posing for photos.

cannonfoda

The norhet was owned by a ln ex work colleagues dad.   Never been in though. 

There's always the bowling club I guess?  Did there used to be a club at the old gas board office? 

Some good people down that area but spoiled by the idiots as usual.   Police and community should name and shame the dealers/gangs so honest folks can avoid the twats.  

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, steve123 said:

Not sure to be honest, he is obviously not shy himself posing for photos.

Must be a police procedural thing to protect the identity of a victim . 

33 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

By all accounts, he was just that. He's going to be remembered for those videos now though. You can see the terror in his eyes in a couple of them. 

I'd wager it's more cocaine than terror

steve123

Police have located the vehicle at flats near Craigentinny golf club apparently.

dc-jambo
5 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Police have located the vehicle at flats near Craigentinny golf club apparently.

To which my wife says: ‘must be a golfer’ 

steve123
4 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

To which my wife says: ‘must be a golfer’ 

🤣 surprised it was not burnt out to be honest, seems a bit a of an error.

Admittedly my experience of gangland murders goes as far as You Tube.

Edited by steve123

26 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Young lad was set about with machetes outside Ye Olde Inn last year. As was Webley the year before although that was in Drylaw. 

Edited by Zico

steve123
Just now, indianajones said:

How do you get involved in this sort of stuff? 

You fancy joining ? 

Only joking I think alot to do with how you grow up, I can only imagine once involved very hard to get out alive.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Just be a bam.

Some gang will take you in.

indianajones
6 minutes ago, steve123 said:

You fancy joining ? 

Only joking I think alot to do with how you grow up, I can only imagine once involved very hard to get out alive.

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Just be a bam.

Some gang will take you in.

You would think you would grow out of that at some point though? Especially after doing serious time for attempted murder. Just watched the videos of him goading the presumed shooters. **** about and find out I suppose. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

You would think you would grow out of that at some point though? Especially after doing serious time for attempted murder. Just watched the videos of him goading the presumed shooters. **** about and find out I suppose. 

You would think so.

Having shit for brains doesn't help.

Nucky Thompson
10 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I think he was born into it with a gangster older brother

TallPaul

Read someonewhere he did time at only 19 for shooting someone. Seems like the type that society is best rid of.

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, cannonfoda said:

The norhet was owned by a ln ex work colleagues dad.   Never been in though. 

There's always the bowling club I guess?  Did there used to be a club at the old gas board office? 

Some good people down that area but spoiled by the idiots as usual.   Police and community should name and shame the dealers/gangs so honest folks can avoid the twats.  

Most people do avoid those people . The gangster lads hang around with each other . I recall a right gobby guy  I knew who was best mates with one who got murdered . . Guess what ? He’s not so gobby now that his mate is no longer about . ( obviously nowt to do with current case ) 

FionaHmfc
1 hour ago, steve123 said:

The papers have posted a story saying the other guy who was shot has been posting photos of him lying in hospital showing off his gunshot wounds. But the papers say they are choosing not to name him for some reason. I’m guessing he was a pal of Webley’s and not just an innocent bystander who was out on the street at the same time?

indianajones
8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You would think so.

Having shit for brains doesn't help.

The shooter will be the exact same. Mind the boy that shot Bradley Welsh kept his easily identifiable trainers he commited the crime in. Nae brains. 

Without reading the thread I presume it's all drug related? 

steve123
2 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

The papers have posted a story saying the other guy who was shot has been posting photos of him lying in hospital showing off his gunshot wounds. But the papers say they are choosing not to name him for some reason. I’m guessing he was a pal of Webley’s and not just an innocent bystander who was out on the street at the same time?

I dont know who he is but would assume is a friend, either that or unlucky to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

The shooter will be the exact same. Mind the boy that shot Bradley Welsh kept his easily identifiable trainers he commited the crime in. Nae brains. 

Without reading the thread I presume it's all drug related? 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/11739137/marc-webley-gunned-down-underworld-love-feud/

John Findlay
1 hour ago, the posh bit said:

Saturday lunchtime. Could get Upto 400 men in the bar in the 70s. Women weren't allowed in the bar, only the lounge.

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Feckin golfers scum of the earth 

:cornette_dog:

the posh bit
14 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Women weren't allowed in the bar, only the lounge.

😁 

There was, until recently, a Man's Club on Pennywell Road where women were banned too. 😎 

John Findlay
2 hours ago, the posh bit said:

That pub was the Telford Arms. Now named the Engineer.

the posh bit
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

That pub was the Telford Arms. Now named the Engineer.

Yeah, the old guy was called Bill I think. 

Ron Burgundy

When some billy big baws gangster types get their comeuppance it is quite satisfying. People will say " oh but what about his kids", well I'd rather save my sympathy for the innocent people he has screwed over and their kids..

Hilarious watching their pals make out that they were great guys.

I imagine the Evening News facebook guy will be jizzing in his pants as it gives them another reason for a Jane Park exclusive.

Day@theraces

Jane Park really is an absolute mutt. No amount of money spent on surgery can make her attractive. Her you know whats probably like a wizards sleeve. Take the girl out of niddrie and all that. Plus her comments on Sir Craig's leg break was disgusting.

Armageddon
1 hour ago, steve123 said:

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

I'd recommend trying it at the driving range first, they'll have clubs you can borrow until you improve and then maybe pick up a second hand set at Cash 4 Clubs at Bilston Glen industrial estate....

pharmaceutical01
49 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

😁

There was, until recently, a Man's Club on Pennywell Road where women were banned too. 😎 

not sure if it was this place but someone was attached with razor blades attached to the end of pool cues when I worked in Pennywell Road

35 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

When some billy big baws gangster types get their comeuppance it is quite satisfying. People will say " oh but what about his kids", well I'd rather save my sympathy for the innocent people he has screwed over and their kids..

Hilarious watching their pals make out that they were great guys.

I imagine the Evening News facebook guy will be jizzing in his pants as it gives them another reason for a Jane Park exclusive.

Seemingly his kids are being well looked after by a billy slightly bigger baws gangster who is shacked up with Webleys ex and 'works' for the really big baws ganster that ordered the hit

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic