***Official Livingston v Hearts Match Thread***

Boris5115

wavydavy
On 31/12/2023 at 08:55, AlphonseCapone said:

This has nightmare written all over it. Struggling team that can't buy a win, shite surface, intense run of games, a team that'll park the bus, what could wrong?

My fears exactly. I see they have signed a 6' 5 inch Aussie Striker who hasn't scored a goal for months and we all know what that means.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Clark Griswold

• Mikey1874

Heartbeat

Did we sell our entire allocation, I can now go but no ticket but mind reading had to be collected Saturday as TO would be shut , anyone can’t go and has ticket I am interested , 

11 minutes ago, Daktari said:

Has anyone parked at the stadium before? Is it a pain to get in and out or not too bad?

Park over at the Outlet multistorey car park. Only 50p an hour. Easy walking distance. Not sure you can park outside the stadium on match day, but it would be a pain in the hoop given the junctions and what's all around it (hospital, shopping centre). If it was me I would definitely park at the multistorey car park, and walk out the side door of the Mall.

10 Almondvale N
https://maps.app.goo.gl/As2b1T1sALDDJ82E8

Edited by Fraggle

davemclaren
21 minutes ago, Heartbeat said:

Did we sell our entire allocation, I can now go but no ticket but mind reading had to be collected Saturday as TO would be shut , anyone can’t go and has ticket I am interested , 

May be selling for the away end at the ground. 

GinRummy

Well done Hearts. It’s the right thing to do and hopefully they admit their error. 

Hopefully the tactic here is to get them to admit their error first and then go after the VAR decision afterwards. Simply getting the yellow rescinded isnt enough here. 

wavydavy
6 minutes ago, Fejka said:

Hopefully the tactic here is to get them to admit their error first and then go after the VAR decision afterwards. Simply getting the yellow rescinded isnt enough here. 

That decision could well have cost us two points as it was 0 - 0 at the time.

At the end of the season that could be the diierence between maybe third and fourth place and cost the club a lot of money.

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

That decision could well have cost us two points as it was 0 - 0 at the time.

At the end of the season that could be the diierence between maybe third and fourth place and cost the club a lot of money.

Yep we score that we aren’t dropping points 

1 hour ago, Daktari said:

Has anyone parked at the stadium before? Is it a pain to get in and out or not too bad?

I wouldn’t park at the stadium, will take you ages to get out mate, park at multi storey or even st Margaret’s academy would be better if can park their, 2 min walk away from stadium 

tiger Rudi

I would consider changing the formation for this one. We don't have a good enough forward to support Shanks when playing two up front. No front two appears to have worked as yet. Latterly we've ended up with 3 at the back with two sitting in front of them. We have nothing linking midfield to our front line. 

4,2,3,1 would encourage us to use the three as support for Shanks and making runs in and around the box. Wide players must attempt to beat their man, commit defenders and hit the bye line. (Forrest and Vargas) 

Both full backs playing positively getting forward. (Kingsley and Sibbick) 

Central defenders Kent and Rowles. 

Two midfielders Beni and Cochrane. (Hard on Hoff as I felt he was one of our successes against RC). Not a great fan of Cochrane in midfield but we need to get Kingsley into the starting line up somehow. 

Not sure if Grant is back, but have him in the 10 role. What alternatives do we have if he's not? 

Who else could play there? Lowry, does he deserve a start? He was bloody aweful against RC. Would prefer Tait myself. 

1 hour ago, Herts90 said:

I wouldn’t park at the stadium, will take you ages to get out mate, park at multi storey or even st Margaret’s academy would be better if can park their, 2 min walk away from stadium 

Cheers, I thought that might be the case. 👍

MattyK82

"Can Lawrence Shankland score for a sixth game in a row?

The last Scotsman to do so in the top flight was Leigh Griffiths for Celtic in September 2015. You wouldn't bet against Shankland matching that feat.

Not only is he in stellar form - six goals in his last five games, 12 in his last 13, and 17 for the campaign - but Hearts' hosts are bottom club Livingston, who have conceded 30 times in their first 20 matches this term.

Speculation continues to swirl around the Scotland forward, who has 18 months left on his deal and is attracting covetous glances from other clubs.

But rather than distract him, the talk appears to have focused the mind of the 28-year-old, who scored more than any other player in the top flight in 2023"

Correct me if I am wrong but that's now 45 in 73 for shanks? If so, to be 5 off 50 already is absolutely incredible.

Livingston is one of two teams he is yet to score against eh,? (Dundee being the other?)

Hopefully he gets another couple tomorrow. Ditto re: wee Kenny (that was a good goal from him on Saturday - shades of Gino)

Chillidigits
On 31/12/2023 at 12:14, Hansel said:

Martindale was having a right go at his players in the post match interview yesterday. Hopefully that'll demoralise them even more and we can pile on the misery

Unfortunately could work the other way. Adams more or less called his own players crap and then witnessed  a decent showing on Saturday.

Chillidigits

I would to see Pollock get some minutes for this one. Preferably in an attacking role supporting LS.

pettigrewsstylist
4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

My fears exactly. I see they have signed a 6' 5 inch Aussie Striker who hasn't scored a goal for months and we all know what that means.

At least he wont be used to that pitch and its long ball bounce. I hope.

Hate these pitches, they should be band.

Just win Hearts, don't care too much how, just get the 3 points. Take a 0-1 now

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

They are going to squirm on this one. Overturning the yellow, in any rationale mind, means penalty. It also questions why a number of officials all let it happen.

20240101_172413.jpg.13e2ea1117300ae6d7b45c763630b0aa.jpg

Chuck Berry
24 minutes ago, rmreido said:

You can't get a tune out of them.

Watch all the weegie media scrutinise every move Shankland makes as he enters and leaves the pitch. If he so much as winks at the Hearts support that’ll be a sign he’s played his last game and has signed for Rangers.

GinRummy
12 minutes ago, Mirror said:

1 nil to us but a very nervy and tough game

Hopefully edge it. Not seen many easy games for us there. 

27 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Boom boom 💥 

Jim Panzee
43 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

They are going to squirm on this one. Overturning the yellow, in any rationale mind, means penalty. It also questions why a number of officials all let it happen.

20240101_172413.jpg.13e2ea1117300ae6d7b45c763630b0aa.jpg

Agree. They’re never going to overturn this - as you rightly say, no yellow means he was fouled, in the box, so should’ve been a penalty.

By The Light..
25 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

Any tickets spare please DM me, would like to go tomorrow if possible.

Not saying this will be open and available but Livvy need cash

Away fans - Livingston FC

6 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

I fear this will be horrible and we might have to settle for a point 

Other than Shankland there is nothing that fills me with confidence 

Vargas did well on Sat and took his goal very well. Just what we need from him. So a wee chink of light there.

It’s written in the stars. Livi can’t buy a win, low in confidence, can’t score goals, play Hearts, scrape a 1-0 victory. 

At times this season we have dominated the lesser teams without really looking too dangerous in the final third. However, Saturday was far from that and I am a bit concerned about this one. We are lacking any kind of physicality from middle to front and can see us losing the midfield battle. Going long doesn’t suit us so we need to find a way to not get brought down to their level. Beni is a massive loss for us as Saturday showed. So underrated by some for what he brings to the team. A centre midfield with no Beni, Devlin or Haring worries me as not convinced by any other combination of centre mids we have doing what these guys do. 

Will take any kind of win so we go into the break on a high 

17 minutes ago, 5jambo1 said:

It’s written in the stars. Livi can’t buy a win, low in confidence, can’t score goals, play Hearts, scrape a 1-0 victory. 

At times this season we have dominated the lesser teams without really looking too dangerous in the final third. However, Saturday was far from that and I am a bit concerned about this one. We are lacking any kind of physicality from middle to front and can see us losing the midfield battle. Going long doesn’t suit us so we need to find a way to not get brought down to their level. Beni is a massive loss for us as Saturday showed. So underrated by some for what he brings to the team. A centre midfield with no Beni, Devlin or Haring worries me as not convinced by any other combination of centre mids we have doing what these guys do. 

Will take any kind of win so we go into the break on a high 

Beni should play . Sure he was rested on Saturday 

pettigrewsstylist

Back 3 of  Halkett, Kent, Kingsley im guessing.

Quite damning of our midfield recruitment that we are shredded at home to to Ross county and having to put so much thought into the club adrift the bottom.

gordiegords

Livi just signed a striker can see how this pans out 😆

Just win hearts especially with killie and St mirren with tought games.

I'm surprised Livi haven't made this one of their PPV games. Could have made themselves a few quid from it.

Goodfella
2 hours ago, Goodfella said:

Fantastic, I'll contact them to see if it's open tomorrow, thanks. 

Got a reply and ticket office will be open from 1.30pm tomorrow at the ground. So all good to get a ticket there and then if anyone wanting to go.

Jackhmfc1348

Livingston are sitting 12th with the least amount of goals scored and the 2nd most conceded 

their is no need to play 3-5-2 (more defensive) formation tomorrow

i would rather 3-4-3 or 4-2-3-1 tomorrow to utilise are attack more 

maltese jambo
2 hours ago, Goodfella said:

Fantastic, I'll contact them to see if it's open tomorrow, thanks. 

I contacted them yesterday and no response 

maltese jambo
18 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

Got a reply and ticket office will be open from 1.30pm tomorrow at the ground. So all good to get a ticket there and then if anyone wanting to go.

Ah fabulous. Will that be tickets in the away end ?

4 hours ago, rmreido said:

Just win Hearts, don't care too much how, just get the 3 points. Take a 0-1 now

Music to my ears!

merrymac
5 minutes ago, Jackhmfc1348 said:

Livingston are sitting 12th with the least amount of goals scored and the 2nd most conceded 

their is no need to play 3-5-2 (more defensive) formation tomorrow

i would rather 3-4-3 or 4-2-3-1 tomorrow to utilise are attack more 

Check out the match day thread for other opinions 👍

Clark

Kent Halkett Kingsley 

Forrest Beni Hoff Cochrane 

Vargas Shankland Tagawa

I’d persist with Tagawa for the time being. 

Robbo-Jambo
2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Clark

Kent Halkett Kingsley 

Forrest Beni Hoff Cochrane 

Vargas Shankland Tagawa

I’d persist with Tagawa for the time being. 

No way will Tagawa be starting after being hauled off at half time.

He is not good enough, unfortunately.

7 hours ago, Fraggle said:

Park over at the Outlet multistorey car park. Only 50p an hour. Easy walking distance. Not sure you can park outside the stadium on match day, but it would be a pain in the hoop given the junctions and what's all around it (hospital, shopping centre). If it was me I would definitely park at the multistorey car park, and walk out the side door of the Mall.

10 Almondvale N
https://maps.app.goo.gl/As2b1T1sALDDJ82E8

Good shout.

For any fans considering parking in ASDA's car park, DON'T.  They have a new camera system and it's 2 hours maximum stay, with a £70 fine if you exceed.

As Fraggle suggests, the multi-storey is the best bet.

27 minutes ago, maltese jambo said:

Ah fabulous. Will that be tickets in the away end ?

Yes, either stand behind the goals I’d imagine, won’t be far off filling out the 3 stands 👍

Robbo-Jambo
27 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Good shout.

For any fans considering parking in ASDA's car park, DON'T.  They have a new camera system and it's 2 hours maximum stay, with a £70 fine if you exceed.

They won't enforce the fine because it's not legal 🙄

Jack Torrance
8 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

They won't enforce the fine because it's not legal 🙄

It is legal, that's a myth. Most places don't pursue it here as it's too much hassle for them.

When parking in private car parks, you're entering into a contract with them. If you stay longer than it says they can approach you for additional money and if you don't pay they have the option to go to court.

For 50p an hour at the other car park, why take the risk and invite the hassle?

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/scotland/law-and-courts/parking-tickets/appealing-parking-tickets/parking-tickets-on-private-land-s

Edited by Jack Torrance

Niemi’s gloves
4 hours ago, Chillidigits said:

I would to see Pollock get some minutes for this one. Preferably in an attacking role supporting LS.

Possibly a few minutes. However Finlay is 19 (born 2004) and thus fully eligible to play for the B team in the games against Edinburgh Uni on Friday night and Stirling Uni on Saturday 13th. To me, it would seem sensible for him to play a decent amount of time in these games to get him up to speed ahead of first team games resuming on the 20th. 

4 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

52 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Music to my ears!

Oops....silly me, still on the booze.🤪

Think I should be "banned "

will-i-am-a-jambo
47 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Good shout.

You don't have to pay private parking fines. Only ones issued by the police or council.