***Official Livingston v Hearts Match Thread***

Boris5115

52 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

No way will Tagawa be starting after being hauled off at half time.

He is not good enough, unfortunately.

Totally agree, along with a few others who should be currently sitting at departures at Edinburgh, destination unknown but away from Hearts 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Clark Griswold

• Mikey1874

will-i-am-a-jambo
14 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

It is legal, that's a myth. Most places don't pursue it here as it's too much hassle for them.

When parking in private car parks, you're entering into a contract with them. If you stay longer than it says they can approach you for additional money and if you don't pay they have the option to go to court.

For 50p an hour at the other car park, why take the risk and invite the hassle?

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/scotland/law-and-courts/parking-tickets/appealing-parking-tickets/parking-tickets-on-private-land-s

It would cost them more to take you to court, it's not worth it for them to do that, certainly not for £70. 

Goodfella
1 hour ago, maltese jambo said:

Ah fabulous. Will that be tickets in the away end ?

Yeah they said ticket office for away support open from 1.30pm until kickoff. 

54 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Good shout.

For any fans considering parking in ASDA's car park, DON'T.  They have a new camera system and it's 2 hours maximum stay, with a £70 fine if you exceed.

As Fraggle suggests, the multi-storey is the best bet.

Can't enforce the fines in scotland

Jamb04life
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

No way will Tagawa be starting after being hauled off at half time.

He is not good enough, unfortunately.

This; no danger he is starting tomorrow and if he does get another chance, an away game at Livi isn’t the place to do it 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Jackhmfc1348 said:

Livingston are sitting 12th with the least amount of goals scored and the 2nd most conceded 

their is no need to play 3-5-2 (more defensive) formation tomorrow

i would rather 3-4-3 or 4-2-3-1 tomorrow to utilise are attack more 

They will come down our right every time they can i would think. 

1 hour ago, Jack Torrance said:

It is legal, that's a myth. Most places don't pursue it here as it's too much hassle for them.

When parking in private car parks, you're entering into a contract with them. If you stay longer than it says they can approach you for additional money and if you don't pay they have the option to go to court.

For 50p an hour at the other car park, why take the risk and invite the hassle?

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/scotland/law-and-courts/parking-tickets/appealing-parking-tickets/parking-tickets-on-private-land-s

There’s more chance of Hibs overturning their derby record than these companies taking you to court in Scotland. 

jr ewing
54 minutes ago, fila said:

Totally agree, along with a few others who should be currently sitting at departures at Edinburgh, destination unknown but away from Hearts 

Would free up a whole lot of money 💰 

scottishguy

Is there tickets still available for this snd how the hell do you buy them?

maroonsgotop
24 minutes ago, scottishguy said:

Is there tickets still available for this snd how the hell do you buy them?

kiosk at the ground apparently for away fans

Morning. Given we're playing on a terrible surface, I cant see it being better than a 0-0 draw. So I'm predicting a 0-2 victory to the Famous. 

alicante jambo
8 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

kiosk at the ground apparently for away fans

I genuinly thought this was an evening kick off but now seen its 3pm. Is this gen regards the kiosks bud wouldnt mind going wi the bird.

alicante jambo
10 hours ago, Donutz said:

Park in the multi storey. Just be patient paying. The queue can be quite long post game. 

Where is that car park bud? Is it near the stadium 

3 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

I genuinly thought this was an evening kick off but now seen its 3pm. Is this gen regards the kiosks bud wouldnt mind going wi the bird.

What??!!! Me too!!! Shit. Difficult chat with wife coming up!

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Clark

Sibbick

Kent

Kingsley or Halkett

Cochrane

Beni

Haring

Grant or Calem

Vargas or Forrest

Shankland

Tagawa

That’s assuming that Rowles and Atkinson are away with Australia, Devlin, Boyce and McKay injured.

10 hours ago, Sherbet said:

Can't enforce the fines in scotland

Correct! Anybody receiving a parking notice for exceeding the 2hrs make, it into a paper pane and see how far it will fly. Do the same with the 2nd letter asking for payment!!!

Why are so many excluding Kye from starting lineup?? He and Nat not away yet are they??

milky_26
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Why are so many excluding Kye from starting lineup?? He and Nat not away yet are they??

I'm 99% sure they are both away now

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

They're away. Rowles left yesterday.

Opinionated Jambo

Not the best place surface to play football on but it’s games like this we need to be winning and not dropping anymore silly points. Livingston haven’t won in 12 games and are rock bottom so we just need to be patient and a goal will come, I believe. A loss here is unthinkable

WeeToonJambo
11 hours ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

You don't have to pay private parking fines. Only ones issued by the police or council. 

Not true. As someone posted above this is a myth.  I live in a housing development with private parking.  We pay to park and anyone who's vehicle is not registered will be issued with a fixed penalty notice, which Horizon parking will pursue through the courts if necessary.  Several people, who have ignored the notices and parked continually, have been taken to court and ended up having to pay hundreds, in some cases thousands, of pounds.  Far better to park somewhere and pay a few pounds than to go through the hassle of fixed penalty notices and the demand letters which will inevitably follow.  I can't speak for supermarket car parks which may be different.  I would say that, if these notices are illegal, how do companies like Horizon or Europa, manage to survive.

Edited by WeeToonJambo

5 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

They're away. Rowles left yesterday.

Ah soz didnt realise. On top of kickoff time, not on top of this game!! Haha. Need to get back to work so i can do all my "research".... skiving

So yeah

Zander

Kent

Halks

Kingsley

Forrest/Toby

Beni

Newy

Cochrane

Oda

Shanks

Vargas

My only change would maybe be keeping Tagawa in. Guy needs mins. But then maybe coming on and nabbing a goal what he needs. Let Oda, Vargas and Forrest run them hard for 60 mins

brawlad74

Got to go into break with win but hard game ahead and lads will all need to stand up and be counted. Tempted to bring back Haring sitting in front of back 3 with Cochrane and Toby wing back. Hoff and Beni in MF and Vargas and Shanks up top. 

OmiyaHearts

Tough one today, with so many players missing.

Opportunity for others to step up but we've not seen that happen much this season - no one has really staked a claim when they've got a rare start.

26 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

So yeah

Zander

Kent

Halks

Kingsley

Forrest/Toby

Beni

Newy

Cochrane

Oda

Shanks

Vargas

My only change would maybe be keeping Tagawa in. Guy needs mins. But then maybe coming on and nabbing a goal what he needs. Let Oda, Vargas and Forrest run them hard for 60 mins

I like that team. Forrest at RWB makes sense, although don't think Toby would do badly there either. 

Chuck Berry
46 minutes ago, WeeToonJambo said:

Not true. As someone posted above this is a myth.  I live in a housing development with private parking.  We pay to park and anyone who's vehicle is not registered will be issued with a fixed penalty notice, which Horizon parking will pursue through the courts if necessary.  Several people, who have ignored the notices and parked continually, have been taken to court and ended up having to pay hundreds, in some cases thousands, of pounds.  Far better to park somewhere and pay a few pounds than to go through the hassle of fixed penalty notices and the demand letters which will inevitably follow.  I can't speak for supermarket car parks which may be different.  I would say that, if these notices are illegal, how do companies like Horizon or Europa, manage to survive.

They will pursue people if the debt owed is worth it, ie people who continue to ignore and rack-up the fines.

For a one-off £70 it's very very unlikely, it'll cost them more to take you to court.

These companies business model relies on a percentage of people just paying up to save any hassle.

50 minutes ago, WeeToonJambo said:

At the moment they have to fine the driver not the owner, so as long as you don't reply to the letters they can't give you a fine as they don't know who the driver is.  

Edited by jb66

12 hours ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

It would cost them more to take you to court, it's not worth it for them to do that, certainly not for £70. 

That's why you also pay costs when you lose!

Fxxx the SPFL

Anyone know if the supporters bar is open before the game it usually is but given it’s a public holiday

1 hour ago, alicante jambo said:

Where is that car park bud? Is it near the stadium 

Put quarrywood court on your maps mate, same distance from the multi storey and will be loads of parking their and won’t have to pay either. You’ll see other people parking their for the game too 👍

21 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

May head to this one afterall, tickets on sale outside the east as usual? 

Livingston FC X/Twitter seems to suggest away supporters can buy tickets there from 1.30pm.

Phil D. Corners

Expecting a tough one today. Neither team will want to go into the break with a loss. Livi are struggling and we have had a load of games in the last 2 weeks and have some key players out. :sadrobbo:

but going to be an optimist and say 2-0 Hearts with Forrest to score against his old club. 

:robboyas:

upgotheheads
7 minutes ago, dontkillbill said:

Tickets definitely available for away fans....

I'm surprised it's not on Livi TV.  I thought the ban on the 3 pm kickoff broadcast wouldn't apply today as there doesn't seem to be any clashing English fixtures. 

Heartbeat
24 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Livingston FC X/Twitter seems to suggest away supporters can buy tickets there from 1.30pm.

I e mailed Livi and they have confirmed this in a reply 

alicante jambo
30 minutes ago, Herts90 said:

Put quarrywood court on your maps mate, same distance from the multi storey and will be loads of parking their and won’t have to pay either. You’ll see other people parking their for the game too 👍

Cheers mate brilliant

HenrySmith

Can't make the game today, I have 1 spare ticket £20

Although you would need to pick it up from the Livingston Inn from half 12.

Jack Torrance
12 hours ago, DS98 said:

There’s more chance of Hibs overturning their derby record than these companies taking you to court in Scotland. 

Tell that to Carly Mackie in Dundee, who had a bill of £24,500 following the court's ruling in 2017. Granted, that's an extreme case for repeatedly parking and claiming it wasn't legal.

I'll happily stump up two quid and leave the spaces for the folk who are actually shopping in Asda.

Anyway not strictly on topic. 3-0 to The Hearts. Hoping for a better performance to the one I saw last time at Livi.

🤞

wavydavy
14 hours ago, maltese jambo said:

I contacted them yesterday and no response 

That;s because it's a national holiday.

17 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Tell that to Carly Mackie in Dundee, who had a bill of £24,500 following the court's ruling in 2017. Granted, that's an extreme case for repeatedly parking and claiming it wasn't legal.

I'll happily stump up two quid and leave the spaces for the folk who are actually shopping in Asda.

Anyway not strictly on topic. 3-0 to The Hearts. Hoping for a better performance to the one I saw last time at Livi.

🤞

Where we getting 3 goals.    Shankland hat trick? 

1-1 or 1-2 seems more likely.   Unless there's a red card for Livi' 🤔 

upgotheheads

Our record against Livi away is pretty poor as far as I remember. This is just the kind of fixture that catches us out, should win, Livi not expecting much, early goal for them, then 80 minutes of banging away desperately trying to break down a well-organised and desperate defence.

Jack Torrance
6 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Where we getting 3 goals.    Shankland hat trick? 

1-1 or 1-2 seems more likely.   Unless there's a red card for Livi' 🤔 

Always the optimist, usually in error 😆

He's due a hat trick. But maybe one from him or from Oda. Header from Kent from a corner. And I'll go with Vargas too.

Or none of the above and another no score bore 😪

Edit: I think their new striker will score too, so we'll call it 3-1

:omfg:

Edited by Jack Torrance

Shanks said no

On a council bus heading for Livi. Any suggestions for pubs with a lively atmosphere?

is the bar at ground any good?

ColinSmith1255
13 hours ago, Donutz said:

Park in the multi storey. Just be patient paying. The queue can be quite long post game. 

I read that and thought you were speaking about Jane Park!

Pasquale for King

Hopefully our last game there for a while so lets sign off with a good performance and victory, Shankland to break his duck against them with a double. 

34 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

🤞

For as terrible as Livi are, they only concede on average 1 goal a game at home. We average 1.1 goals a game in total. 

Livi 0-1 Hearts