***Official Livingston v Hearts Match Thread***

Boris5115

After yesterday's dissapointing result Naismith needs to get three points out of this game. Whilst it's a difficult surface they really are an awful team and anything less than 3 points would feel like yesterday. St Mirren and Kilmarnock both face the uglies on the same day so this gives us an opportunity to pull away from them. Come on Hearts get it done. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Clark Griswold

• Mikey1874

Livi look done. To exploit that we need to start fast, get at them in their third of the pitch and ideally get an early goal. Don't let them in the game and don't let them get a sniff of confidence. Professional, disciplined and attacking. 

Gillsland jack

Always a tough game on a shit surface, they will try to kick lumps out of us, the traveling fans need to be patient, if its still 0-0 at 60 minutes then just keep positive, the goal will come, the Livi manager knows if he frustrates us long enough we might start to get on our own players backs, don't fall for it again folks.

AlphonseCapone

This has nightmare written all over it. Struggling team that can't buy a win, shite surface, intense run of games, a team that'll park the bus, what could wrong?

With 4,000 of us going through it should be a great atmosphere so the players should be well up for it. Away games are enjoyable again.  Livingston are dug meat so there for the taking.

unfortunately we looked tired and lethargic after playing so many games compared to RC, so hoping the team has one last push for this one.

we could really do with Devlin, Grant, Boyce, Mackay - and now I’m sure Atkinson and Rowles are away so it’s going to be tough , especially if we are relying on the below average likes of Lowry, Hoff and the likes.

one big push Hearts. I fancy both arse cheeks to win and also probably a draw at Easter road so big chance

Diadora Van Basten

I am worried about our central midfield.

I am not convinced about Niewinhof who always seems to be on the back foot. Denholm has been subbed at half time last two games. Beni and Devlin injured. Cochrane can’t take the ball on the half turn so kills attacking momentum. Haring is out of favour after poor performance.

3 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I am not convinced about Niewinhof who always seems to be on the back foot. Denholm has been subbed at half time last two games. Beni and Devlin injured. Cochrane can’t take the ball on the half turn so kills attacking momentum. Haring is out of favour after poor performance.

Livingston are awful and their league position shows this. Ugly or pretty we need to find a way it's as simple as that. 

8 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

agree.

i think Beni is back which gives me hope, as we miss Devlin and Grant.

Relying on Hoff and Lowry is worrying on Tuesday as both are poor and inconsistent and just not very good footballers. 
Denholm is young and therefore it’s toss a coin territory if he plays well.

its a shame Halliday has been discarded as he could have been useful

Edited by 1971fozzy

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

There’s no solving it until we get the chance to make signings. 

The midfield problems go back to the signings of Kio, Grant and Snodgrass. Its starting to resemble our previous CB situation where we essentially went 4 years without recruiting a good solid leader of a CB between Halkett all the way to Kent. Now we’ve gone 2.5 years since the last good midfield signings Beni and Devlin, zero good midfielders brought in since.

You can’t go 3 seasons without signing a good midfielder. Critical we get a good one in January. Neuwenhof I would be offering on loan to championship clubs, that’s his level. 

I think we'll see something like below

Clark

Sibbick Kent Kingsley Cochrane

Vargas Hoff Beni Denholm McKay

Shankland

6 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Don't I have ever seen a good game of football on that joke of a pitch, so I'll be happy just to come away with three points

Correct. 

1 minute ago, Mirror said:

Clark

Shankland

Did Naismith not say that McKay is out for Tuesday?

Just now, Mirror said:

Clark

Shankland

I would play Forrest from the start he played on that pitch for a few years so will be used to it. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Did Naismith not say that McKay is out for Tuesday?

I must have missed that. 

Unless I'm forgetting someone we don't really have another player to play in McKay's position so it will more than likely be a similar formation to how we started against County.

Ross County hadn't played for 2 weeks before they played us, Livi have actually played 1 game more than we have since the 16th.

There is no excuses for this one, really important we pick up 3 points here.

9 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

I would play Forrest from the start he played on that pitch for a few years so will be used to it. 

If he does start let's hope he does something of note, too many of his performances is to get into a promising position and then take the wrong option or wait too long. 

34 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

This has nightmare written all over it. Struggling team that can't buy a win, shite surface, intense run of games, a team that'll park the bus, what could wrong?

This 

We have nobody that looks like they can open a team up, they consistently turn us over there our wingers are gash, midfield is gash 

After yesterday's dreadful showing I see no way how we can win there,  other than getting lucky from a set piece And it's likely what decent options we have will be rested to avoid that rank rotten pitch 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Mirror said:

If he does start let's hope he does something of note, too many of his performances is to get into a promising position and then take the wrong option or wait too long. 

That’s unfair. He’s been very effective this season. 

3 minutes ago, Spookie said:

This 

We have nobody that looks like they can open a team up, they consistently turn us over there our wingers are gash, midfield is gash 

After yesterday's dreadful showing I see no way how we can win there,  other than getting lucky from a set piece And it's likely what decent options we have will be rested to avoid that rank rotten pitch 

As was at Easter Road we just need to find a way to get the points. I totally agree with the pitch being a factor and thats why Forrest must start for me giving his time at Livingston. 

Options looking limited for this one. Rowles and Atkinson away to Asia cup and Grant, Devlin, Boyce and McKay all out.  Squad suddenly looks quite weak  Maybe go-

Clark

Kent

Halkett

Kingsley

Sibbick or maybe Forrest

Nieuwenhof

Beni

Denholm

Cochrane

Vargas

Shankland. 

**** knows though. Nothing I can think of looks great on paper. 

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Options looking limited for this one. Rowles and Atkinson away to Asia cup and Grant, Devlin, Boyce and McKay all out.  Squad suddenly looks quite weak  Maybe go-

Clark

Kent

Halkett

Kingsley

Sibbick or maybe Forrest

Nieuwenhof

Beni

Denholm

Cochrane

Vargas

Shankland. 

Should be good enough to see off the worst team in the league tho. 

Massive game.

A win let's us finish the year on a real high, a loss and the same old doubts start to manifest themselves. 

Yesterday was a big disappointment after the last 3 games, we have to make sure it was a blip.

Anything less than a win will be another disappointment given the form Livvy are in.

kingantti1874

I always fear livi away.  Pitch is a horror story.

that said, I think we overcomplicate it.  Win the ball, get it wide and get as many players as possible into the box in and around shanks and let him sniff out a few chances 

dont try and be clever

21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Clark

Kent

Halkett

Kingsley

Sibbick or maybe Forrest

Nieuwenhof

Beni

Denholm

Cochrane

Vargas

Shankland. 

I’d go with this but 3-4-3 

Clark

Kent

Halkett

Kingsley

Sibbick

Beni

Hoff

Cochrane

Vargas

Shankland

Forrest

4 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Clark

Kent

Halkett

Kingsley

Sibbick

Beni

Hoff

Cochrane

Vargas

Shankland

Forrest

Looks as good as it can be given the options available. 

They’ve won 1 in their last 18. I’ve seen this script before…. Come on Hearts - positive end to the first half of the season please!!

Ex member of the SaS

SN needs to give them a rocket and demand a far better performance. Gives the players an easy ride and this game is massive if we are to get third. We need the gap to be as big as possible and dropping points against Ross Co are unacceptable. Never expected to beat Celtic and did expect to be Ross Co. These are the same players so the only change is the team selection and tactics, SN has to get this right no excuses.

14 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Clark

Kent

Halkett

Kingsley

Sibbick

Beni

Hoff

Cochrane

Vargas

Shankland

Forrest

Probably a better set up I’d agree. 

31 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Should be good enough to see off the worst team in the league tho. 

Aye I’m fairly confident. The winter break hopefully giving us the chance to get a few key players back. 

In terms of keeping the good momentum we’ve built the last few weeks then this one is huge. This is the sort of game where a poor result could see things unravel 

Squad suddenly looks a bit bare bones again. Winter break will be well timed.

Take Denholm out the firing line for this one and let him recharge over the break.

Start with the attacking players that cane off the bench to change the game yesterday, Beni should hopefully be back in the middle to give us some composure in that area toi.

Keep at it with inverted wingbacks, it’s a process but we look better when we do it even if a bit unfamiliar so we need to trust it and let the players get used to it.

Just don’t rip it up & start again in a panic because of one bad result.

24 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Clark

Kent

Halkett

Kingsley

Sibbick

Beni

Hoff

Cochrane

Vargas

Shankland

Forrest

Same

Halkett should start but not in the middle of the back 3. I am not going to lie I am fuming at that decision. Kent has been superb in there and to move him is not clever.

I would also hope to see Vargas start we got a glimpse of his pace and ability on Saturday so he should continue.

Maroon tinted glasses off…

We look quite uninspiring in the final third. We are essentially a one man team. 

I suspect this will be a nightmare - Livi will

bully us from the off but if we get an early goal their heads will drop. 

Despite his goals I hope Shankland can up his performance 

part_time_jambo
28 minutes ago, King prawn said:

They’ve won 1 in their last 18. I’ve seen this script before…. Come on Hearts - positive end to the first half of the season please!!

Most recently Aberdeen.

Diadora Van Basten

Clark

Kent Halkett Kingsley 

Forrest Denholm Beni Cochrane

Oda.       Vargas

Shankland

It's probably because I'm a supporter and see it all but you can always rely on Heart of Midlothian to help a striker out with a goal drought and a struggling team with a result.

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Official Livingston v Hearts Match Thread***