***Official Livingston v Hearts Match Thread***

Boris5115

11 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Our record against Livi away is pretty poor as far as I remember. This is just the kind of fixture that catches us out, should win, Livi not expecting much, early goal for them, then 80 minutes of banging away desperately trying to break down a well-organised and desperate defence.

I shouldn't laugh, but you're spot on. We need a big performance, especially after dropping 2 points against County. 

We cannot be dropping points in successive games against the bottom 2 - fixture fatigue or not. 

Although this game feels completely rushed. Think we've played a game every 3/4 days for the last couple of weeks. Not exactly conducive to quality football. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Clark Griswold

• Mikey1874

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, ColinSmith1255 said:

I read that and thought you were speaking about Jane Park!

My wife mentioned her yesterday, something to do with the shooting at Granton 🤦🏽

Shanks said no
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

My wife mentioned her yesterday, something to do with the shooting at Granton 🤦🏽

She had just split up with the boy who was killed, Marc Webley. She is devastated, pure devastated. 

busbyfth
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

I shouldn't laugh, but you're spot on. We need a big performance, especially after dropping 2 points against County. 

We cannot be dropping points in successive games against the bottom 2 - fixture fatigue or not. 

Although this game feels completely rushed. Think we've played a game every 3/4 days for the last couple of weeks. Not exactly conducive to quality football. 

Re rushed games - Yep - thats thanks to the crammed schedule due to the long range weather forecast experts/gurus at SPFL/SFA.,.,.,.,.just how they can predict when bad weather will befall the country a year in advance (when satellites/computer programmes get forecasts wrong within 48 hours of forecasting) is so so impressive. Basically all the main snow and ice will arrive over the next 3 weeks leaving decent conditions for football from 26 January onwards - at least thats what these erses are heavily implying. The halting of footer is a joke. 

OmiyaHearts
13 minutes ago, OTT said:

We cannot be dropping points in successive games against the bottom 2 - fixture fatigue or not

It's a very Hearts thing to do, so don't be surprised!

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Shanks said no said:

She had just split up with the boy who was killed, Marc Webley. She is devastated, pure devastated. 

Hibs class 

A day for bravery and taking responsibility with the ball.

We’re going to get 60+% of it, if we’re all knocking it 5 yards to the side and waiting on the other guy to make something happen, it’ll be a long day.

Livingston are the poorest top flight team for many a year, manager at loggerheads with players, openly wanting some of them to leave etc. Put them under any proper pressure at all and they will crumble.

All about the players attitude for me today.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

Re rushed games - Yep - thats thanks to the crammed schedule due to the long range weather forecast experts/gurus at SPFL/SFA.,.,.,.,.just how they can predict when bad weather will befall the country a year in advance (when satellites/computer programmes get forecasts wrong within 48 hours of forecasting) is so so impressive. Basically all the main snow and ice will arrive over the next 3 weeks leaving decent conditions for football from 26 January onwards - at least thats what these erses are heavily implying. The halting of footer is a joke. 

Or possibly at the best time for the uglies?

Celtic and Rangers don't do anything in a game v any other team in the league that we can't do. The issue is that we are weaker mentally and have no real winning ambitions that consume the club. They can do it most weeks and we can't. Anything less than a 2 goal win today is poor. Don't get me wrong I just want 3 points but they are dug meat.

Edited by i8hibsh

I’m hearing Beni is still out so it’ll be another tombola for who plays centre mid. 

Edited by DS98

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Celtic and Rangers don't do anything in a game v any other team in the league that we can't do. The issue is that we are weaker mentally and have no real winning ambitions that consume the club. They can do it most weeks and we can't. Anything less than a 2 goal win today is poor. Don't get me wrong I just want 3 points but they are dug meat.

That's why all the best teams win their respective leagues, they win more often.

Pointing the obvious out there.

" no real winning  ambitions that consume the club" - have a day off.

23 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

Also to many international breaks.  Cut the number of games and get them back to midweek only. The season s hardly start then we have breaks

Shanks said no

In Newyearfield bar, typical plastic Livingston boozer (lived here for 15 years). Pub busy, mixture of jambos and shoppers. Should have risked the parry lamp

frankblack
17 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Don't you think having far stronger squads with strength and depth plays a part of this?

Better players cost more, and their income is around 10 times ours.

Sigma One
2 minutes ago, Shanks said no said:

In Newyearfield bar, typical plastic Livingston boozer (lived here for 15 years). Pub busy, mixture of jambos and shoppers. Should have risked the parry lamp

Only if you wanted have the luxury of smelling piss and grumpy bar staff. 😂

Clerry Jambo
24 minutes ago, DS98 said:

I’m hearing Beni is still out so it’ll be another tombola for who plays centre mid. 

Hoff and Denholm?

upgotheheads
1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Hoff and Denholm?

Haring?

Edited by upgotheheads

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Don't you think having far stronger squads with strength and depth plays a part of this?

Better players cost more, and their income is around 10 times ours.

To beat shite like Ross County, Dundee, Livingston, St Mirren etc?

Clerry Jambo
2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Haring?

Welcome back Andrew Halliday 👀

Celtic and Rangers having better squads only affects us in 8 games out of 38.  Why would them having better squads mean we should not be beating pish like Ross County and Livingston every week?

Yeah,  I think we will struggle today v Livingston as Celtic have more money.

neilnunb
1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

He's a better option than half the midfield we started with on Saturday tbf.

We seem to stumble from one injury crisis to another.

Highly unlikely I would think but if we give these hammer throwers a gubbing, Martindale will be gone. Which is why I suspect we’re in for a really tough game. Will be littered with niggily fouls, some shithousery on our defenders and very little actual football.

upgotheheads
2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

could be, he never lets us down, has a goal in him, and will want to impress other clubs.

Just now, upgotheheads said:

could be, he never lets us down, has a goal in him, and will want to impress other clubs.

And will be about as match fit as me!

upgotheheads
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

And will be about as match fit as me!

Take your boots along.

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Yeah,  I think we will struggle today v Livingston as Celtic have more money.

They don't lose heavily at home often, not even to the uglies. Whether you care to admit it or not, that pitch of theirs is a leveller.

franko1874
4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Highly unlikely I would think but if we give these hammer throwers a gubbing, Martindale will be gone. Which is why I suspect we’re in for a really tough game. Will be littered with niggily fouls, some shithousery on our defenders and very little actual football.

Been thinking this as well, total anti football from livi today on a s**te pitch 

frankblack
9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

To beat shite like Ross County, Dundee, Livingston, St Mirren etc?

Yes.  A couple of injuries or suspensions levels us vs these teams.

The gap in depth of squad and quality between 3rd and 2nd is huge compared to 3rd and 11th.

Lovecraft
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Yes.  A couple of injuries or suspensions levels us vs these teams.

The gap in depth of squad and quality between 3rd and 2nd is huge compared to 3rd and 11th.

Hearts bring on Forrest.  Celtic bring on Abada.

10 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Hard game i think. 

It's a must win though! 

Killie and St Mirren playing the old firm so a win should give us 3 points more on those two. Hibs I suspect will get a win today Motherwell are mince and who knows with Aberdeen depends which version of their team shows up. Definitely an important game for us.

GinRummy
1 hour ago, DS98 said:

That’s pish news. 

Lovecraft
7 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Killie and St Mirren playing the old firm so a win should give us 3 points more on those two. Hibs I suspect will get a win today Motherwell are mince and who knows with Aberdeen depends which version of their team shows up. Definitely an important game for us.

A chance to go 5 in front with a game in hand.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Players have to prove we can tough this out today. Just win whatever it takes Hearts!

Disser Pointon
12 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Wouldn't be so sure about Hibs, Motherwell had a good result in their last game and........... Well........ It's Hibs.

We don't have an excuse today.  We will never be 100% injury free but our top guns are all back.  Our bench v Hibs was very impressive.  We are down a few players but we should be destroying Livi today.  Absolutely destroying them.

Their pitch is shite but it is what it is and all teams must play on it.

Wee Mikey

Livi tactics:-

1. Launch the ball to their new 6'5" striker.

(Rhetorical Q: why has he been farmed out to the SPL's poorest side?)

2. Fall over at the slightest touch, and at every available opportunity, so as to get set pieces.

Hopefully, we'll be clued up as regards this, but let's not be surprised should the match officials play along with this (as per away v Killie) and give them all the lee-way going whilst penalising us for the slightest touch.

Our players really need to keep their wits about them and not get suckered.

As for that pitch? 'Nuff said already.

Chuck Berry

Regardless of result, criticising the pitch and/or blaming it for this or that is really tiresome.  Hopefully the players don't start with that negative attitude. Let's just go out there and come back with 3 points.

Edited by Chuck Berry

Come on Hearts, let’s have a good performance and bring the 3 points back to Tynecastle.

:flag2:

Wee Mikey
2 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

I’d bite yer hand off for a scrappy 1-0 win.

Join the queue ...

Screenshot_20240102_133456_Google.jpg

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hopefully our last game there for a while so lets sign off with a good performance and victory, Shankland to break his duck against them with a double. 

It's the duck I feel sorry for.  Shanklands duck 🦆 :Shanks:

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Celtic and Rangers having better squads only affects us in 8 games out of 38.  Why would them having better squads mean we should not be beating pish like Ross County and Livingston every week?

You're only allowed to use that logic in one direction.

We can't compete with the OF because they have more money.

The teams we have more money than are allowed to compete with us though.

🤷🏻‍♂️

That's said, strange time to be mumping. We're doing well.

upgotheheads
Just now, Marvin said:

IMG_20240102_134747.jpg

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Big Pete eh!

Glad to see him back.