Israel and Palestine

AlphonseCapone

5 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

The Palestinians refused to support it. 

It was dead on arrival. Not to say their reasons for not supporting it weren't valid. I don't know enough of the detail but it would've taken an international force to enforce it and the minute there was a withdrawal I can't see past a descent into civil war. 

Anyway. All hypotheticals. 

We can't change what's gone and I don't see much utility in raking over the ashes of the past. 

Just to add I don't think a two state solution in 1948 would've been a panacea either. The minute Israel came into being, the Arab world invaded. 

I suppose you’re right. Us pulling out was a relief to the guys over there. My mate’s dad was there, shot actually, and said it was cuckoo when we asked him about it in later years. 
A big, perpetual mess.

Cheers, everyone, goodnight.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diadora Van Basten

• il Duce McTarkin

• Malinga the Swinga

• JudyJudyJudy

HeartsandonlyHearts
38 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Who is causing the terror Israel who killed 96% of Palestinians in the conflict or Palestine that killed 4% of Israelis in the conflict.

I’m begging you, please stop. 
Who killed the remaining 4% and 96% respectively?

HeartsandonlyHearts
39 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Think it’s the other way round Israel wants the Gaza Strip and the West Bank and is happy to commit genocide to achieve this aim.

Enough. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Stick him on ignore mate. Brainwashed fruitloop.

😂

I love fruitloops about once a year as a Saturday morning treat. I need to get a life.

Diadora Van Basten

It was interesting watching Question time and whilst there is a consensus in the Government and opposition to give free rein to kill Palestinians, the audience position was much more similar to that off Owen Jones and Humza Yusef to condone the attack but also to disagree with giving Israel the right to switch off the power an attack civilians.

I am curious as well as to how strong the claim of war crimes would be given the nature of the Gaza strip and how deeply embedded within all facets of its infrastructure Hamas are. 

A lengthy blockade perhaps but if this is a short seige with the view to a ground assault then its arguable that the blockage achieves a legitimate military aim in undermining Hamas fighting capabilities. 

Not that any of that makes a difference to the poor innocent folk dying right enough. 

Edited by BlueRiver

Diadora Van Basten
7 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

I am curious as well as to how strong the claim of war crimes would be given the nature of the Gaza strip and how deeply embedded within all facets of its infrastructure Hamas are. 

A lengthy blockade perhaps but if this is a short seige with the view to a ground assault then its arguable that the blockage achieves a legitimate military aim in undermining Hamas fighting capabilities. 

Not that any of that makes a difference to the poor innocent folk dying right enough. 

Regarding war crimes I posted the Owen Jones video at 2.40

Just now, Diadora Van Basten said:

Regarding war crimes I posted the Owen Jones video at 2.40

Owen Jones isnt the oracle on this I'm afraid. 

Within 10 seconds from 2.40 he's made the automatic assumption that cutting off utilities amounts to a war crime. 

That is simply not the case. 

SectionDJambo

As others have said, I can’t help having the feeling that Hamas have been used and fooled into initiating this crisis to take attention and western arms support away from the situation Ukraine. The original invasion was a suicidal mission with no prospect of anything other than an destructive response from Israel.

Not that Israel should need weapons to defeat an opponent like Hamas. 

That thing you do
2 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

International war crimes have never forced a vote to have HMFC demoted. Just sayin’.

Did they not decimate a team that went off to fight one though? Pretty sure both world wars started with war crimes.

The Mighty Thor
7 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

It was interesting watching Question time and whilst there is a consensus in the Government and opposition to give free rein to kill Palestinians, the audience position was much more similar to that off Owen Jones and Humza Yusef to condone the attack but also to disagree with giving Israel the right to switch off the power an attack civilians.

What you mean the natural response of a normal rational human being? 

I came on to catch up this morning and there's a few posters that are just confirming that they are actually reactionary half-witted arseholes buying the narrative lock stock and both barrels 

The Mighty Thor
8 hours ago, Boab said:

Just watching the news and now the UK are sending ships to the Med to support Israel ? 

Global Britain projecting its power 😂

Tin pot. 

AlphonseCapone

Israel have issued an evacuation order to civilians in North Gaza to head South. This covers 1.1m people, half of Gaza's population. They have 24 hours.

This is likely in preparation for the ground offensive.

The UN have called the order impossible to achieve.

Dennis Denuto
8 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You vote for a terrorist group, you support a terrorist group, you shelter a terrorist group, you hide a terrorist group, you pay the price.

Hand over Hamas, rebel against Hamas, stand up to Hamas and things might change.

Till then, tough

The only way that can happen is they see they have the support of their Israeli equals, they need to stand up to their government and say no more killing, no more conscription, no more Hamas, no more Guns, no more Siege of Gaza, then encourage the people in Gaza to do the same.....

il Duce McTarkin
7 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

As others have said, I can’t help having the feeling that Hamas have been used and fooled into initiating this crisis to take attention and western arms support away from the situation Ukraine. The original invasion was a suicidal mission with no prospect of anything other than an destructive response from Israel.

Not that Israel should need weapons to defeat an opponent like Hamas. 

It shifts focus and diverts resources and assets. Expect more disturbances elsewhere. The west is being stretched.

Hamas have basically given Israel what they've craving for decades. The tails are up and they've carte blanche to do what they like with western backing. 

The Mighty Thor
29 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Israel have issued an evacuation order to civilians in North Gaza to head South. This covers 1.1m people, half of Gaza's population. They have 24 hours.

Aye 1.1 million people. 

All terrorists. Of course. 

il Duce McTarkin
4 minutes ago, Homme said:

Hamas have basically given Israel what they've craving for decades. The tails are up and they've carte blanche to do what they like with western backing. 

Or, by willfully slinging intel' the rubber lug, Israel have given themselves what they've been craving for decades, knowing fine well that they'll receive full western backing in light of Russia's current adventures and China's ambitions.

il Duce McTarkin
6 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Aye 1.1 million people. 

All terrorists. Of course. 

We need more terrorists imo

Malinga the Swinga
8 hours ago, XB52 said:

Right wingers supporting the most extreme right wing country on the planet, who would have thought it😥

Nationalist supports extremist group destroying land their own people live in. I know, in not surprised either

Right wing. You haven't a clue what you are talking about. How's the referendum coming?

The Mighty Thor
12 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

We need more terrorists imo

Oh I think this Western backed, Israeli recruitment drive will more than meet that aim. 

Lord Montpelier

Can see why Israel would want to land a few punches but not sure asking a million to move in 24 hours is the right way of going about it. 

Malinga the Swinga
9 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

You're such a hardman eh. Sure you'd be standing up to terrorists right enough. Easy to sit safely in your living room on the internet spraffing shite like everything is black and white. Grow the **** up.

Who's a hardman. I'd be shitting myself if I was in Gaza. 

il Duce McTarkin
6 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Oh I think this Western backed, Israeli recruitment drive will more than meet that aim. 

Quite.

Malinga the Swinga
18 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Or, by willfully slinging intel' the rubber lug, Israel have given themselves what they've been craving for decades, knowing fine well that they'll receive full western backing in light of Russia's current adventures and China's ambitions.

And there it is. Had to happen. Accusation made Israel knew what was coming and its responsible for allowing it's citizens to be slaughtered and taken hostage.

Surprised you haven't accused Jews of starting WW2, in order to get Israel established.

Mind, one of your mates thinks the Nazis were killing Israelis so you never know.

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Can see why Israel would want to land a few punches but not sure asking a million to move in 24 hours is the right way of going about it. 

Israel couldn't give a shite if they move or are bombed to death in their homes.

They've told them to get out. When the indiscriminately kill them all their defence will be 'ah but we told you to move'.

1.1m people. In 24 hours. In a place that is only 140 square miles.

The Mighty Thor
23 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Netanyahu was on the stickiest of wickets domestically. What better opportunity to bolster your personal position and get the prefect excuse to exterminate your neighbours.

Winner, winner kosher dinner 👍

On the bright side we are about to see who the real proper religion is.

There is precedent for this.

If the Muslims are right, God will part the sea allowing 2 million of his believers to walk to freedom across the Mediterranean to Europe , with the sea collapsing on the pursuing Jews .

Or they will be massacred , proving their religion false.

The Imams should be happy!

Im astounded none of them have a strong enough faith to gather the flock in preparation.

God already did this for the Jews.

Its put up or shut up time

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

They've warned them. So now anyone that remains is obviously a hamas suicide bomber or something.

AlphonseCapone
25 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

They've warned them. So now anyone that remains is obviously a hamas suicide bomber or something.

Aye, it's basically Israel's attempt to say they listened to allies and tried to limit civilian casualties despite the request being impossible to follow for most. 

9 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Have you not joined Hamas yet? You're dragging your feet.

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

And there it is. Had to happen. Accusation made Israel knew what was coming and its responsible for allowing it's citizens to be slaughtered and taken hostage.

Surprised you haven't accused Jews of starting WW2, in order to get Israel established.

Mind, one of your mates thinks the Nazis were killing Israelis so you never know.

It's always the Jews' fault, bud.

Your inside line to the Knesset should've put you wide to that.

P.S. accusation and speculation are not the same thing. 

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

On the bright side we are about to see who the real proper religion is.

There is precedent for this.

If the Muslims are right, God will part the sea allowing 2 million of his believers to walk to freedom across the Mediterranean to Europe , with the sea collapsing on the pursuing Jews .

Or they will be massacred , proving their religion false.

The Imams should be happy!

Im astounded none of them have a strong enough faith to gather the flock in preparation.

God already did this for the Jews.

Its put up or shut up time

There is a bit of an irony in the Israelites delivering people from their bondage towards Egypt.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Israel couldn't give a shite if they move or are bombed to death in their homes.

They've told them to get out. When the indiscriminately kill them all their defence will be 'ah but we told you to move'.

1.1m people. In 24 hours. In a place that is only 140 square miles.

To put it in perspective, the City of Edinburgh council area covers an area of approx 100 square miles. Gaza has four times the population of Edinburgh.  The warning is akin to asking twice the population of Edinburgh to evacuate to the Musselburgh, Dalkeith, Bonnyrigg, Loanhead and Bilston area.

As Israeli politicians have suggested, they want to turn Gaza into a tent city, and raze Gaza City to the ground.

Diadora Van Basten

I was watching an interview with Grant Shapps by Naga on Breakfast TV and it was a Stop the World I’m getting off moment.

Shapps said Israel herded the representatives of various countries into a room and showed them a video of atrocities that were carried out by Hamas last week. Naga said off course this video has been verified basically saying it couldn’t possibly be verified within the time scale.

Shapps was then asked if it was possible to move 1 million people in 24 hours without power. Shapps said that it was ok as Israel had provided notice and that the invasion was justified as Hamas hide within the population and the UK had sent military aid to Israel.

3 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I was watching an interview with Grant Shapps by Naga on Breakfast TV and it was a Stop the World I’m getting off moment.

Shapps said Israel herded the representatives of various countries into a room and showed them a video of atrocities that were carried out by Hamas last week. Naga said off course this video has been verified basically saying it couldn’t possibly be verified within the time scale.

Shapps was then asked if it was possible to move 1 million people in 24 hours without power. Shapps said that it was ok as Israel had provided notice and that the invasion was justified as Hamas hide within the population and the UK had sent military aid to Israel.

Listen to radio stuff in twitter this morning where Hussain absolute schools him and slaps him down.He also thought he had sent out two battle shops when they are not at all 🤣

2 hours ago, Homme said:

Yes it’s been  a rather ingenious plan . Israel’s biggest wet dream has came true . Can’t believe their luck that they are now able to commit genocide , with international backing . 

4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes it’s been  a rather ingenious plan . Israel’s biggest wet dream has came true . Can’t believe their luck that they are now able to commit genocide , with international backing . 

It’s not really a plan.

they are going in , all in.

They are going to go all out to destroy Hamas and send a message .

They are about to unleash hell.

Anyone in the way will suffer.

Get out of the way, or don’t .

Israel are going in, 

Syria have been warned to stay out ( airports bombed .)

This is going to be the worst thing we have seen for a long time.

Diadora Van Basten
10 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I think even asking the population in Gaza to move behind the river sounds like this will be the new border with a natural obstacle to provide better security for Israel.

10 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

That's not true, there is consensus that Israel has the right to defend itself but in doing so also needs to respect the rules of war. It's you that is conflating that position with free reign to kill Palestinians.

AlphonseCapone
25 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Jordanian forces tear gassing their own people at the border to stop them crossing into Israel 

That'll be better for them than what'll happen if they manage to cross the border.

7 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

That's not true, there is consensus that Israel has the right to defend itself but in doing so also needs to respect the rules of war. It's you that is conflating that position with free reign to kill Palestinians.

But they’re not respecting laws. They’ve already broke International law by cutting off everything to a civilian population. The fact that Hamas will use that population to their own ends is also a fact but a law is a law and will be ignored, again and again, with vetoes at the UN. And so it goes as Kurt Vonnegut would say.

My late Dad served with the Army in Palestine just after the war. He always said the Arabs hated the Jews and vice versa, and nothing would appease either of them. Hamas and other extreme groups will only be appeased with the complete annihilation of Israel, and that ain't gonny happen. Such a sad state of affairs with " normal" people on both sides caught in the middle. A shit show indeed....😥😥