From twitter!! 
not heard on other media outlets yet. 

2l00Uki5_x96.jpg

BREAKING: The Israeli Air Force has blown up the Damascus International Airport

Edited by Imaman
From twitter!!

Diadora Van Basten
36 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Given the fact Hamas are calling for Jihad this Friday, it might be a lot closer to some of their vocal overseas supporters than they'd like. 

I wonder if Owen Jones and his ilk will feel as strongly about things when it arrives on our shores?

It might be time to pick a side.

Owen Jones views are balanced.

Cleverly, Shapps, Starmer, Reeves and Hodge are dangerously unbalanced.

9 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Cleverly, Shapps, Starmer, Reeves and Hodge are dangerously unbalanced.

😂😂😂😂😂

You're a parody. Surely.

Footballfirst
41 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Given the fact Hamas are calling for Jihad this Friday, it might be a lot closer to some of their vocal overseas supporters than they'd like. 

I wonder if Owen Jones and his ilk will feel as strongly about things when it arrives on our shores?

It might be time to pick a side.

It isn't necessary to pick a side when the actions of both sides can be criticised.

An interview I watched with Owen Jones saw him condemn the Hamas action, but he also sought constraint and proportionality in the Israeli response.  I don't think that is an unreasonable position to take.

A heavy handed response from Israel is more likely to make the UK a target for extremists.  If, however, the Israeli response is constrained or proportional, then I believe that it is less likely that those countries who strongly support Israel will be targeted. To put it another way, Owen Jones and those of his ilk are suggesting a way forward that is less likely to make the UK a target.

9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It isn't necessary to pick a side when the actions of both sides can be criticised.

An interview I watched with Owen Jones saw him condemn the Hamas action, but he also sought constraint and proportionality in the Israeli response.  I don't think that is an unreasonable position to take.

A heavy handed response from Israel is more likely to make the UK a target for extremists.  If, however, the Israeli response is constrained or proportional, then I believe that it is less likely that those countries who strongly support Israel will be targeted. To put it another way, Owen Jones and those of his ilk are suggesting a way forward that is less likely to make the UK a target.

Yea, agree.

Politicians condemning both seem to thin on the ground. That tells its own story. 

The Mighty Thor
11 minutes ago, Boab said:

Yea, agree.

Politicians condemning both seem to thin on the ground. That tells its own story. 

Indeed there appears to be a push to be the most upset and aggreived. 

It is exactly the same with the media. There's very very few voices of balance or indeed restraint.

il Duce McTarkin
2 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

our close Ukrainian friends have slipped onto page 2 again :(

less popular than the yeti and Jupiter art land :( :( 

What's your point?

That thing you do
21 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Indeed there appears to be a push to be the most upset and aggreived. 

It is exactly the same with the media. There's very very few voices of balance or indeed restraint.

Rory Stewart and Alistair Campbells podcast did an excellent job on it.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

It already has visited our shores because we picked a side. That sounds like a simplistic statement and probably is, as they have shown in the past they’ll strike anywhere but I’d say the UK are pretty high up in the list of targets. 
Violence breeds violence and there doesn’t seem to be an end to this conflict. Don’t think I’ll be “ picking a side “ any time soon. It’s a disaster.

Aye UK and the US will be high priority targets 

56 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The UK and the west in general are already a target and have been for decades. You're extremely naive if you believe otherwise. I'm not sure what sort of constraints or proportion you think would appease a group who butcher women, children and babies. We're a target for extremists regardless of the Israeli reaction.

The day I start to believe Jones is balanced is the day I should be sectioned. Ask any "Terf" if they think Owen's balanced and constrained.

AlphonseCapone
34 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

Rory Stewart and Alistair Campbells podcast did an excellent job on it.

I'd recommend that podcast just generally speaking, gives very knowledgeable, balanced views on most topics.

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Aye UK and the US will be high priority targets 

Our leaders always draw a big target on us. Why can they never just not comment on other countries issues? We behave like a yappy little chihuahua pushing itself in front of the big American Rottweiller...

Diadora Van Basten
24 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Our leaders always draw a big target on us. Why can they never just not comment on other countries issues? We behave like a yappy little chihuahua pushing itself in front of the big American Rottweiller...

7% of the US Congress are Jewish, there are no Muslims in Congress. Hence why the US supports Israel.

The UK hasn’t learned its lessons from Iraq and still wants to be the US lap dog.

I think history will show Netanyahu as a psychopath and it’s embarrassing that the US and UK are currently in Israel egging him on to commit Genocide on the Palestinian people in Gaza, 50% of whom are under 18 years of age.

https://www.pewresearch.org/religion/2023/01/03/faith-on-the-hill-2023/

SectionDJambo
40 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

The UK has always interfered in other country’s problems. Then we start complaining when any resulting migration comes our way. 

The crowing and rejoicing of the British government and some media over what they proclaimed as „the Arab Spring“ is a case in point. Encourage revolution in another country and then expect others to soak up the migration.
The desire to cosy up to America over their foreign policy is long out of date and makes us an easier target than them for any retribution.

il Duce McTarkin
18 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I think history will show Netanyahu as a psychopath and it’s embarrassing that the US and UK are currently in Israel egging him on to commit Genocide on the Palestinian people in Gaza, 50% of whom are under 18 years of age.

The last 20 odd years probably shows Netanyahu as a psychopath.

henrysmithsgloves
9 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

The UK has always interfered in other country’s problems. 

Looking back at the British empire most of the problems are in countries we gave up, quite rightly so,I hasten to add 🥺

Diadora Van Basten
8 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Interesting video echoing my thoughts about Keir Starmer and praising Hamza Yusef in his comments on the situation that I think would be most people’s position if they weren’t getting Israeli propaganda rammed down their throats by our media.

I honestly think Starmer is going to lose the next election as Frankie Boyle said you wouldn’t like to be behind him at a buffet.

joondalupjambo

Have a feeling what Blinken is saying publicly is not what is being said behind closed doors.  I have tried to stay out of this thread but I type this more in hope than any evidence.

Edited by joondalupjambo

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Only the countries that interest then  they comment on.Havent heard them say anything about Azerbaijan and Armenia's problems.

As always with the UK if American said go eat that shite the UK would regardless of who is in power 

Edited by vegas-voss

28 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Looking back at the British empire most of the problems are in countries we gave up, quite rightly so,I hasten to add 🥺

They weren't making daisy chains and singing coom by yah round the campfire before it either to be fair. 

The British Empire typically exploited existed strife. 

3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Owen Jones is a ****ing welt.

No chance Israel has bombed Damascus airport, surely 

BBC now carrying this news, also Aleppo airport...

Edited by OBE

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

7% of the US Congress are Jewish, there are no Muslims in Congress. Hence why the US supports Israel.

The UK hasn’t learned its lessons from Iraq and still wants to be the US lap dog.

https://www.pewresearch.org/religion/2023/01/03/faith-on-the-hill-2023/

Good for you. I believe you're totally wrong in your assertions and as assumptions. I think you are so desperate to hate on Israel and UK, there's no bandwagon you won't jump on.

I'm sure Hamas thank you for your support. Perhaps you could send them funds to continue their progressive work in Gaza. After all, launching 1000's of missiles, buying ammunition, drones and folders to launch your beloved freedom fighters to slaughter women and children.

Failing that, look forward to you joining your Green Brigade comrades at Parkhead with your banners and enlightened outlook.

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, JyTees said:

The UK and the west in general are already a target and have been for decades. You're extremely naive if you believe otherwise. I'm not sure what sort of constraints or proportion you think would appease a group who butcher women, children and babies. We're a target for extremists regardless of the Israeli reaction.

The day I start to believe Jones is balanced is the day I should be sectioned. Ask any "Terf" if they think Owen's balanced and constrained.

Jones is a spineless self publicity seeking clown. The number of folk on here who have fallen for this poor Palestinians propaganda is unreal. 

This situation reminds me a lot of Northern Ireland and is troubles. Gangsters masquerading as freedom fighters, sheltering behind the coat tails of women and children, happy to see innocents slaughtered, as long as they are funded and gain profit for their masters.

The Palestinians for their part, shelter and provide cover for the terrorists, while playing the innocent card to media as they know far more than they care to admit.

Their religious leaders, as in Ireland, could stand up to these terrorists but they can't as they're knee deep in organising and helping to keep the problems in front of people as it helps fill their coffers with gullible victims.

Meanwhile, the neighbours of Palestine stand back, with one exception, watch and don't lift a finger to help, keep their borders tightly shut and wouldn't welcome a Palestinian anywhere near their country.

Peace would be relatively easy to achieve if the Muslim countries all agreed Israel could exist and stopped funding Hamas and Hezbollah. Israel doesn't deny these countries right to exist, so they're good to go. Disperse the Palestinians through rest of countries and Israel and there you go. 

Won't happen though as some of Israel's neighbours don't want peace, they just want to eradicate Israel and if that takes thousands of deaths, Arab, Israeli, Palestinian, American or anyone, they don't care.

fabienleclerq
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Jones is a spineless self publicity seeking clown. The number of folk on here who have fallen for this poor Palestinians propaganda is unreal. 

This situation reminds me a lot of Northern Ireland and is troubles. Gangsters masquerading as freedom fighters, sheltering behind the coat tails of women and children, happy to see innocents slaughtered, as long as they are funded and gain profit for their masters.

The Palestinians for their part, shelter and provide cover for the terrorists, while playing the innocent card to media as they know far more than they care to admit.

Their religious leaders, as in Ireland, could stand up to these terrorists but they can't as they're knee deep in organising and helping to keep the problems in front of people as it helps fill their coffers with gullible victims.

Meanwhile, the neighbours of Palestine stand back, with one exception, watch and don't lift a finger to help, keep their borders tightly shut and wouldn't welcome a Palestinian anywhere near their country.

Peace would be relatively easy to achieve if the Muslim countries all agreed Israel could exist and stopped funding Hamas and Hezbollah. Israel doesn't deny these countries right to exist, so they're good to go. Disperse the Palestinians through rest of countries and Israel and there you go. 

Won't happen though as some of Israel's neighbours don't want peace, they just want to eradicate Israel and if that takes thousands of deaths, Arab, Israeli, Palestinian, American or anyone, they don't care.

Decent unbiased view there.

You want Joe bloggs to stand up to Hamas and expect them to survive?

It's gonna take concessions on both sides but the Israelis have essentially created a concentration camp/ghetto for the Palestinians. They've taken more and more of the land and Gaza is essentially an open air prison where Israel controls everything. 

I think some people need to separate ordinary people from Hamas.

Dennis Denuto
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

A few major differences though, Ireland didn't invade the UK and the UK didn't storm in remove them and take a big chunk of Ireland for good measure. 

You make out that all the people in Gaza are happy with Hamas and willingly do their bidding, but it is much more likely it is done with a gun to their head.

It is quite easy to utterly condemn the actions of Hamas while still be able to criticise Israel's Government, who bizarrely completely ignore the conditions of the UN and its laws yet they owe their existence entirely to the actions of the UN.

11 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Even Nick Ferarri the other day highlighted that hebdoesn't know if he would have the balls to vote against a "political party" that carry guns along with their campaign leaflets.

Absolutely mental post.

8 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I think some people need to separate ordinary people from Hamas.

As simple as this.

henrysmithsgloves
44 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

They weren't making daisy chains and singing coom by yah round the campfire before it either to be fair. 

The British Empire typically exploited existed strife. 

True mate, divide and conquer springs to mind

1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Interesting video echoing my thoughts about Keir Starmer and praising Hamza Yusef in his comments on the situation that I think would be most people’s position if they weren’t getting Israeli propaganda rammed down their throats by our media.

I honestly think Starmer is going to lose the next election as Frankie Boyle said you wouldn’t like to be behind him at a buffet.

Frankie Boyle’s best quip about him is, he can’t go to his local supermarket as the electronic doors don’t recognise him as he’s so bland. 
I’m no Tory but wouldn’t be too fussed if this spineless arsehole loses next year.

Edited by Boab

henrysmithsgloves
1 minute ago, Boab said:

Frankie Boyle’s best quip about him is, he can’t go to his local supermarket as the electronic doors don’t recognise him as he’s so bland. 
I’m no Tory but wouldn’t be too fussed if this spineless arsehole loses next year.

Has all the importance of the ,do not tumble dry label on your clothes, another great quip 🤣

9 minutes ago, Cade said:

Long Covid has poked lots of holes in some people's brains, eh?

I think it was our left wing, socialist, marxist, anti British academia tbh. But that'll probably be shot down by our left wing, socialist, anti British academics.

7 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Never understand how a political party with one policy can ever get into power. Hamas, SNP...democracy is wasted on many people.

I Reay think lumping Hamas and the SNP together is really disturbing, and I say that as an EX-SNP supporter. 

I would add to earlier comments another disturbing fact.  The pro-Palestine supporters dancing in the streets outside the Israeli Embassy in the UK BEFORE Israel had said anything and certainly before they reacted, is a perfect example of the double standards in this country.  Remember the despicable shooter who massacred Muslims in New Zealand, what do you think the police would have done if a group gathered outside the New Zealand embassy celebrating those murders? They would have their collars felt! 

But, of course, it's the Jews, and they've been fair game since at least AD70.  Different rules apply. 

And then there's the FA and Wembley. 

Edited by colinmaroon

il Duce McTarkin
26 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

the UK didn't storm in remove them and take a big chunk of Ireland for good measure. 

Erm...

Sky currently talking about the Tweet from Netanyahu's Twitter showing dead and charred babies as a means of proving to the world that they need to justify their response.

They never of course mentioned the estimated 400 of equally dead and charred babies that their response is creating.

There is your Propaganda.

Diadora Van Basten
Just now, hughesie27 said:

Sky currently talking about the Tweet from Netanyahu's Twitter showing dead and charred babies as a means of proving to the world that they need to justify their response.

They never of course mentioned the estimated 400 of equally dead and charred babies that their response is creating.

As I posted earlier Netanyahu is mostly likely a psychopath and it’s a trait of psychopaths that they are manipulative and lack empathy.

9/11 comparisons are almost always quite banal and inappropriate.  But when you see an analysis of the Hamas operation it actually does seem to be a fair comparison with it's scale and complexity.  That must have required extensive planning.  It's little wonder that people are questioning why intelligence agencies haven't prevented it.  The intelligence failure can also be compared fairly closely to 9/11.

HeartsandonlyHearts
3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Serious question. What should Israel do?

No one with a heart or a sense of decency wants to see innocent people killed by bombs or guns. But what would YOU have Israel do to defend themselves? Did Israel carpet bomb Gaza last Friday to upset Hamas and have that start what happened Saturday? Israel can’t be seen to stand by and do nothing.

10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

9/11 comparisons are almost always quite banal and inappropriate.  But when you see an analysis of the Hamas operation it actually does seem to be a fair comparison with it's scale and complexity.  That must have required extensive planning.  It's little wonder that people are questioning why intelligence agencies haven't prevented it.  The intelligence failure can also be compared fairly closely to 9/11.

Even if they hadn't been forewarned about the attacks, the IDF reaction was very sluggish. You would have imagined that they should have had emergency protocols in place for such a scenario, with aircraft and ground troops ready to go anywhere in Israel at a moment's notice. It baffles me why that doesn't appear to have been the case.

New Town Loafer
5 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I presume you’re being sarcastic?

I’m not impressed by this equivocating. Emily Thornberry & Keir Starmer as senior lawyers know full well that collective punishment of civilian populations including cutting off food, energy & water is against international law. Why won’t they say so?

il Duce McTarkin
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Even if they hadn't been forewarned about the attacks, the IDF reaction was very sluggish. You would have imagined that they should have had emergency protocols in place for such a scenario, with aircraft and ground troops ready to go anywhere in Israel at a moment's notice. It baffles me why that doesn't appear to have been the case.

Netanyahu's complicity in this may not be limited to incompetence.

8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Lots of questions to answer.  But it's certainly little wonder that people are baffled.  Just imagine the sense of bewilderment within Israel itself.