• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diadora Van Basten

• il Duce McTarkin

• Malinga the Swinga

• JudyJudyJudy

4 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

It appears to be slowly dawning on the BBC that a Genocide is taking place.

It’s only taken them 8 decades 

10 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

It appears to be slowly dawning on the BBC that a Genocide is taking place.

If the BBC had baws it would show the likes of this. Context. 

Matè is Jewish and a Holocaust survivor but not Israeli. He's welcome, "after 2000 years " but his Palestinian friend who was born there isn't after 70.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyOHRt2gXJO/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Edited by Gundermann

11 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Dunno. But I'd guess because the ones who went to the Jordan knew and accepted that there was no future for them in Palestine and have been assimiliated into society in Jordan? 

Yes, it was the solution that, if the other Arab states had done the same, could well have solved the impossible situation. 

Tell me where are the 8,000 Jews who lived in Gaza? They voluntarily moved to give the land to Palestinians.  No trouble at first then PLO, and now Hamas.  The Hamas charter states the Jews are to be exterminated. 

Israel protects it's people with their rockets.  Hamas protect their rockets with the people. 

They are not a political party with any thought of peace.  They are a one policy party, death to the Jews. 

Edited by colinmaroon

20 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

If the BBC had baws it would show the likes of this. Context. 

Matè is Jewish and a Holocaust survivor but not Israeli. He's welcome, "after 2000 years " but his Palestinian friend who was born there isn't after 70.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyOHRt2gXJO/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

He’s a principled and honourable man. 🙏

2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Awkward 

IMG_5982.jpeg

The cynic in me wonders if Iran hasn't orchestrated this to shift focus from their Russian friends, knowing that the US will back Israel over anyone else.

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Both sides of the conflict have an abnormal number of heartless fanatics who don’t care about the murders of children as long as they are on the other side of the fence.

Some of them don’t even seem to care much about the children on their own side of the fence.

In my opinion.

They’re ****ing monsters in this conflict man. 
I was upset watching stuff the other night now I’m desensitised again it’s all just destruction and threats and killing now and I don’t know who’s worse. 
Thoroughly depressing. 

il Duce McTarkin
5 minutes ago, Boris said:

The cynic in me wonders if Iran hasn't orchestrated this to shift focus from their Russian friends, knowing that the US will back Israel over anyone else.

Not cynical enough, imo.

5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

They’re ****ing monsters in this conflict man. 
I was upset watching stuff the other night now I’m desensitised again it’s all just destruction and threats and killing now and I don’t know who’s worse. 
Thoroughly depressing. 

Step away from it, jack. Get on the Tiktoks of semi naked bursds dancing about with their titties jiggling and that. Get yersel back on the happy train. The news and the social media shite will be the ruin of our minds, man.

Edited by il Duce McTarkin

15 minutes ago, Boris said:

Who knows it’s a mystery , wrapped in an enigma in a paradox 

IMG_4374.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Boris said:

Be very cynical. 

Very difficult to believe that attack on the festival wasn't facilitated. 

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

Be very cynical. 

Very difficult to believe that attack on the festival wasn't facilitated. 

I can’t let myself believe stuff like that. 
Do you reckon??? 

After years of hearing how Israeli intelligence is the best in the world and how Iron Dome was impenetrable.....the events of the last few days have shown that either this was all bravado bollocks or that something else went on.

Suppose we'll never know.

7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I can’t let myself believe stuff like that. 
Do you reckon??? 

I'd rather not believe it myself tbh. 

Footballfirst
26 minutes ago, Cade said:

After years of hearing how Israeli intelligence is the best in the world and how Iron Dome was impenetrable.....the events of the last few days have shown that either this was all bravado bollocks or that something else went on.

Suppose we'll never know.

The chair of the house foreign affairs committee in the US has already stated that Egypt had warned Israel of a possible attack three days before it happened. Netanyahu has of course denied having been told. That would then prompt the question of who and at what level was the warning given.

13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The chair of the house foreign affairs committee in the US has already stated that Egypt had warned Israel of a possible attack three days before it happened. Netanyahu has of course denied having been told. That would then prompt the question of who and at what level was the warning given.

I mentioned earlier in the bread that I have a feeling (total guesswork) that the Egyptians warned them but nobody knew quite what the scale or structure of the attack was going to be so it was underestimated. 

jack D and coke
Just now, Tazio said:

I mentioned earlier in the bread that I have a feeling (total guesswork) that the Egyptians warned them but nobody knew quite what the scale or structure of the attack was going to be so it was underestimated. 

They’ll get warnings and tip offs all the time. Obviously have to weigh it up against their own intelligence and then make plans. 
You’d hate to believe they allowed this slaughter. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

They’ll get warnings and tip offs all the time. Obviously have to weigh it up against their own intelligence and then make plans. 

My point is that nobody allowed it. They would get told Hamas were planning something and they may have expected a few more rockets than usual and maybe a couple of raids across the border that the local garrisons and the missile defence system could deal with. Only to get a massive barrage and huge amounts of fighters on the ground. We will probably never know the truth of what happened to make it happen. 

jack D and coke
Just now, Tazio said:

My point is that nobody allowed it. They would get told Hamas were planning something and they may have expected a few more rockets than usual and maybe a couple of raids across the border that the local garrisons and the missile defence system could deal with. Only to get a massive barrage and huge amounts of fighters on the ground. We will probably never know the truth of what happened to make it happen. 

Yeah kinda what I reckon. 

22 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Netenyahu literally said it was "fake news" which has to make you wonder.

Ministryofdad

Biden confirming within the last 2 hours the mutilated videos and pictures of hamas going house to house killing babies is true. 

I have no words. 

Hamas and other terrorist organisations now staking Friday the 13th to be the day of the martyr. 

Warnings sent out to every major European capital city. 

I mean what's next 

1 hour ago, Ministryofdad said:

Biden confirming within the last 2 hours the mutilated videos and pictures of hamas going house to house killing babies is true. 

I have no words. 

Hamas and other terrorist organisations now staking Friday the 13th to be the day of the martyr. 

I mean what's next 

The WH has since clarified that his statement was based on the report that was made by CNN. It's not a corroboration

I suppose the green brigade will be front and centre with a banner as the voice of Scotlands conscience.

Maybe the IDF could bomb them 🤔

8 hours ago, Ministryofdad said:

I have no words. 

I mean what's next 

Biden can barely speak coherently never mind corroborate any intel . He’s basically forest gump 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

AlphonseCapone
2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Biden can barely speak coherently never mind corroborate any intel . He’s basically forest gump 

Israelis have confirmed it now anyway.

9 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Israel had focused its forces on protecting and assisting settlers on the West Bank who were harassing Palestinians. 

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Israel not turning on the power or water until hostages released.

Hamas gifted another recruiting tool.

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Israel not turning on the power or water until hostages released.

Going to go out on a limb here and say that none of those hostages will be reeased alive.

9 hours ago, Ministryofdad said:

I have no words. 

I mean what's next 

Who knows.

This isn’t some faraway conflict that will have no effects elsewhere. Every major terrorist attack, from 9/11 to the UK, France, Belgium etc, etc, has cited the Palestinian struggle. As the situation deteriorates further in Gaza, the threats everywhere will increase. It’s extremely dangerous.

Edited by Boab

11 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Yes, it was the solution that, if the other Arab states had done the same, could well have solved the impossible situation. 

Tell me where are the 8,000 Jews who lived in Gaza? They voluntarily moved to give the land to Palestinians.  No trouble at first then PLO, and now Hamas.  The Hamas charter states the Jews are to be exterminated. 

Israel protects it's people with their rockets.  Hamas protect their rockets with the people. 

They are not a political party with any thought of peace.  They are a one policy party, death to the Jews. 

Never understand how a political party with one policy can ever get into power. Hamas, SNP...democracy is wasted on many people.

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Never understand how a political party with one policy can ever get into power. Hamas, SNP...democracy is wasted on many people.

**** me that's the biggest stretch i have ever seen.

11 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Going to go out on a limb here and say that none of those hostages will be reeased alive.

It doesn't look too promising for them at this stage.  Other Hamas held hostages have been held for years,  and that's been in a time during which ongoing day to day life has been possible in Gaza.  If Israel is set on a long term blockade of Gaza and a ground offensive to eradicate Hamas,  there's a few different ways that these hostages are unlikely to return.  

Wider diplomatic offensive might change the course of this.  But is Israel likely to be minded to row back on their current course?  I would doubt it.

periodictabledancer
17 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

TBF, I genuinely expected it from one of the usual suspects much sooner.

il Duce McTarkin
28 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I see a bigger stretch than that almost daily.

:greggy:

14 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

That’s why I read various news outlets 

yet your memes are always for one side only...strange huh?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

our close Ukrainian friends have slipped onto page 2 again :(

less popular than the yeti and Jupiter art land :( :( 

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

You're probably right, maybe with the exception of some women and children but even then I wouldn't hold out hope. The tactic of not turning on water and power until their released is just as damaging to the hostages ironically enough.

It's absolutely horrible to say this, and I'm not supporting it, but if you're Israel I think you almost have to accept the death of the hostages if you want to achieve your stated aim of destroying Hamas. Likewise when it comes to caring about civilian casualties. Hamas are so embedded in Gaza that you can't do both. I'm sure these are the types of discussions security and intelligence officials are having. 

il Duce McTarkin
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

You're probably right, maybe with the exception of some women and children but even then I wouldn't hold out hope. The tactic of not turning on water and power until their released is just as damaging to the hostages ironically enough.

It's absolutely horrible to say this, and I'm not supporting it, but if you're Israel I think you almost have to accept the death of the hostages if you want to achieve your stated aim of destroying Hamas. Likewise when it comes to caring about civilian casualties. Hamas are so embedded in Gaza that you can't do both. I'm sure these are the types of discussions security and intelligence officials are having. 

The protagonists will chalk the hostages and Palestinian civilians down as necessary collateral damage. Much the same as Putin's campaign in Ukraine, their ends justify their means.

What a shitshow.

11 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

The protagonists will chalk the hostages and Palestinian civilians down as necessary collateral damage. Much the same as Putin's campaign in Ukraine, their ends justify their means.

What a shitshow.

Their only hope is international diplomacy not their own Government I reckon...

Having said this, it's why there are so many "Brits" in Israel and why that unfortunate girl who was dead and then alive again is "German"...

Edited by Spellczech

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Pathetic. 

2 hours ago, Boab said:

Who knows.

This isn’t some faraway conflict that will have no effects elsewhere. Every major terrorist attack, from 9/11 to the UK, France, Belgium etc, etc, has cited the Palestinian struggle. As the situation deteriorates further in Gaza, the threats everywhere will increase. It’s extremely dangerous.

Given the fact Hamas are calling for Jihad this Friday, it might be a lot closer to some of their vocal overseas supporters than they'd like. 

I wonder if Owen Jones and his ilk will feel as strongly about things when it arrives on our shores?

It might be time to pick a side.

8 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Given the fact Hamas are calling for Jihad this Friday, it might be a lot closer to some of their vocal overseas supporters than they'd like. 

I wonder if Owen Jones and his ilk will feel as strongly about things when it arrives on our shores?

It might be time to pick a side.

It already has visited our shores because we picked a side. That sounds like a simplistic statement and probably is, as they have shown in the past they’ll strike anywhere but I’d say the UK are pretty high up in the list of targets. 
Violence breeds violence and there doesn’t seem to be an end to this conflict. Don’t think I’ll be “ picking a side “ any time soon. It’s a disaster.