Israel and Palestine

AlphonseCapone

21 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

I saw the interview with her father and dear me that was a hard watch.

My youngest daughter is 8 and it's incomprehensible what that poor man and his family must be going through and what their thought process was when they first found out she was missing.

If I was that father I would want them and all their kind wiped off the face of the earth. Every single supporter of Hamas.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diadora Van Basten

• il Duce McTarkin

• Malinga the Swinga

• JudyJudyJudy

14 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I saw the interview with her father and dear me that was a hard watch.

My youngest daughter is 8 and it's incomprehensible what that poor man and his family must be going through and what their thought process was when they first found out she was missing.

If I was that father I would want them and all their kind wiped off the face of the earth. Every single supporter of Hamas.

This isn't a dig at you, but hundreds of brown skinned bairns have died from Israeli missile strikes.

il Duce McTarkin
16 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

This isn't a dig at you, but hundreds of brown skinned bairns have died from Israeli missile strikes.

And if I were those fathers, I'd want every single one of them and all of their kind wiped off the face of the earth. Every zionist, every Israeli, every Jew.

And round and around.

It's got **** all to do with 'brown skinned bairns' either, although slipping in a bit of Jockanese there does create an effective juxtaposition. The implicit insinuation is pretty poor form, though. 

16 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

I know but the latest ones are down to the actions of Hamas. They knew that their own people would suffer the consequences of their mass slaughter of kids and innocents.

It's just complete clusterf@@k of a situation.

I do find it bizarre watching people with no connection to the region become so fervent a supporter of a terrorist organisation that has the most evil genocidal ideas.

I saw a banner at one of the marches saying " Queers for Palestine" .  I'm sure Hamas welcome that right enough. 

38 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

Bet they weren't raped and tortured beforehand.

13 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

And if I were those fathers, I'd want every single one of them and all of their kind wiped off the face of the earth. Every zionist, every Israeli, every Jew.

And round and around.

It's got **** all to do with 'brown skinned bairns' either, although slipping in a bit of Jockanese there does create an effective juxtaposition. The implicit insinuation is pretty poor form, though. 

But you're not, and neither are the people commenting on this thread.

My point is that a photo of one light skinned wee lassie (god I'm so sorry!) humanises things for one side.

1 minute ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

My point is that a photo of one light skinned wee lassie (god I'm so sorry!) humanises things for one side.

I think most people have empathy for fellow human beings regardless of their skin tone.

2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I think most people have empathy for fellow human beings regardless of their skin tone.

Then why aren't we talking about the many, many Palestinian kids that have been killed, orphaned and mutilated?

14 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

Take it as a gentle reminder that there are two sides to this story. Given the news coverage over the last couple of weeks the initial atrocity seems to have been conveniently parked. 

Just now, Japan Jambo said:

Take it as a gentle reminder that there are two sides to this story. Given the news coverage over the last couple of weeks the initial atrocity seems to have been conveniently parked. 

Of course there are, and it's unimaginable what she might be going through. 

3 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

Then why aren't we talking about the many, many Palestinian kids that have been killed, orphaned and mutilated?

I was replying to a specific post about a specific child. Had it been in complete reverse and the father was Palestinian and the child "a bit darker" then I would feel the exact same sympathy for the father.

If any Palestinian kids had been beheaded, kidnapped, raped or tortured then I would feel exactly the same. But I find it hard to think of what other response the Palestinians would expect having voted in a terror group who's main objective is the annihilation of another race. Hamas are no freedom fighters. Freedom isn't genocide and the absence of woman's rights or killing/imprisoning gay people. They are truly evil. 

It's a cycle that will not be broken unless either side actually does achieve the extinction of the other. I will add that watching both sides protesting, only one seems to be able to manage to do that peacefully and respectfully.

il Duce McTarkin
14 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

Who's not talking about them? 

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I was replying to a specific post about a specific child. Had it been in complete reverse and the father was Palestinian and the child "a bit darker" then I would feel the exact same sympathy for the father.

If any Palestinian kids had been beheaded, kidnapped, raped or tortured then I would feel exactly the same. But I find it hard to think of what other response the Palestinians would expect having voted in a terror group who's main objective is the annihilation of another race. Hamas are no freedom fighters. Freedom isn't genocide and the absence of woman's rights or killing/imprisoning gay people. They are truly evil. 

It's a cycle that will not be broken unless either side actually does achieve the extinction of the other. I will add that watching both sides protesting, only one seems to be able to manage to do that peacefully and respectfully.

That's why I said it wasn't a dig at you - I feel that the story being featured in the way it has is an effort from the Zion supporting media to humanise the Israeli side, when it's the other side taking a beasting just now.

It was a bit clumsy, I don't mean to imply that any bairns don't matter and I didn't mean to imply you were a wank for talking about it 👍

il Duce McTarkin
8 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Had it been in complete reverse and the father was Palestinian and the child "a bit darker" then I would feel the exact same sympathy for the father.

There was some wee Palestinian lassie on the news last night. Face all blood, deep lesions on her neck and chest, screaming in despair because she didn't know what had happened to her family when the Israeli missile struck. Only a heartless **** could fail to be in bits watching that. 

The whole thing is heartbreaking. Another human tragedy. The innocent are bound to the damned.

Edited by il Duce McTarkin

Lord Montpelier

Poor form here that am sure will be roundly condemned by all. Old boy being punched it would seem from behind during Saturdays impromptu demo at Waverley Station. Nothing short of disgraceful and one hopes the criminals are caught and sentenced appropriately 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-67344032

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I know but the latest ones are down to the actions of Hamas. They knew that their own people would suffer the consequences of their mass slaughter of kids and innocents.

I do find it bizarre watching people with no connection to the region become so fervent a supporter of a terrorist organisation that has the most evil genocidal ideas.

I saw a banner at one of the marches saying " Queers for Palestine" .  I'm sure Hamas welcome that right enough. 

All Palestinians and Israelis should be United in calling for the extermination of Hamas.

Unless they are happy to live under such  a regime.

At least afghanis have a resistance against the taliban .

the Palestinians seem to only have choice between a number of different despotic extremists .

i just wish they’d all stop killing each other and get the Palestinian people some kind of election.

what do the people themselves want?

If they want Hamas, then Israel can continue their war, if not, Hamas can leave/ take the full blame for events 

24 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Poor form here that am sure will be roundly condemned by all. Old boy being punched it would seem from behind during Saturdays impromptu demo at Waverley Station. Nothing short of disgraceful and one hopes the criminals are caught and sentenced appropriately 

They walk amongst us.

Absolute scum to do something like that. They won't get caught. 

1 hour ago, Herbert. said:

Bet they weren't raped and tortured beforehand.

Have Hamas done that? None of the hostages released so far have suggested that.

48 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Scum and appears to be quite a few incidents of this happening . 

Tensions brewing for the weekend with protesters refusing to stop for Remembrance Day and reports say around 1 million will be there to protest. 

3 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

End game for Israel is to drive out the people living in the Gaza Strip into the Sinai desert in Egypt then Israeli Settlers will come and take their homes. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna122934

Yep . That’s the end game 

2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Yes those “ queers “ are of a certain demograph I feel . The LGB bla bla bla mob . 

IMG_6208.jpeg

4 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Tensions brewing for the weekend with protesters refusing to stop for Remembrance Day and reports say around 1 million will be there to protest. 

Yes it’s going to kick off at the weekend 

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I'd like to believe all would condemn this, but to be frank, there are some on here who will attempt to justify it.

I was at Waverley station on Saturday and it was a rabble of demonstrators who see it as their right to try and force their values onto rest of us. 

Folk ignored them and just carried on going about their business but these for ****wits obviously couldn't cope with that and saw it as chance to attack an old boy who was doing nothing to bother them.

Only absolute scum of the earth would do this and they deserve to be caught and sent to jail for a long time.

Malinga the Swinga
31 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Hopefully police go on extremely hard and don't let these protesters away with their anti-Semitic garbage.

This protest should not be allowed to take place on Remembrance Sunday as it is only designed to cause bother and will achieve nothing except cause vandalism and violence.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

All Palestinians and Israelis should be United in calling for the extermination of Hamas.

Unless they are happy to live under such  a regime.

At least afghanis have a resistance against the taliban .

the Palestinians seem to only have choice between a number of different despotic extremists .

i just wish they’d all stop killing each other and get the Palestinian people some kind of election.

what do the people themselves want?

If they want Hamas, then Israel can continue their war, if not, Hamas can leave/ take the full blame for events 

Seems fair. I await the usual defendants to appear with the 'but what can they do' statement.

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I suppose I shouldn’t put suspicion on people, but we all are aware of a group of people who have previously assaulted poppy sellers on Gorgie Road and who, coincidentally, are making a big play out of supporting the Palestinian cause.

As has been stated many times, peaceful protests sometimes end up getting out of hand, because they are hijacked by those agitators looking to cause trouble.

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Yeah they raped bairns to the extent that thy had broken pelvis's. They've burnt people alive and god knows what else. Go on telegram Hamas have posted videos celebrating what they've done.

SectionDJambo

In my opinion, their are 2 sets of hostages being held in Gaza.

The Israeli people taken on 7th October, who were very unfortunate to be in the wrong place when their, previously heralded, security services let them down very badly, and the people of Gaza, who are being used by terrorists to hide behind. 
Nobody living in Gaza had any hope of removing the terrorists from control of their surroundings once they had managed to gain control.

The fallout from this latest tragic destruction will affect many of us for years to come as new additions to the terrorists‘ cause are easily recruited by the evil cowards, who hide in the background. Their murderous intentions of revenge won’t be confined to the Middle East.
It’s a never ending spiral of hate by extremists and death of innocents.

1 hour ago, Herbert. said:

Yeah they raped bairns to the extent that thy had broken pelvis's. They've burnt people alive and god knows what else. Go on telegram Hamas have posted videos celebrating what they've done.

Wasting your breath.

Nobody cares when Muslims are being slaughtered by other Muslims in Iraq , Syria, Lebanon, darfour, Yemen, nobody at all.

it seems that it only matters when Jews are killing Muslims .

muslims butchering Muslims, not so much.

4 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

2 hours ago, Herbert. said:

Is the proposition here that hostages are liars and Hamas tell the truth?  Interesting notion, isn't it?

8 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

In my opinion, their are 2 sets of hostages being held in Gaza.

The Israeli people taken on 7th October, who were very unfortunate to be in the wrong place when their, previously heralded, security services let them down very badly, and the people of Gaza, who are being used by terrorists to hide behind. 
Nobody living in Gaza had any hope of removing the terrorists from control of their surroundings once they had managed to gain control.

The fallout from this latest tragic destruction will affect many of us for years to come as new additions to the terrorists‘ cause are easily recruited by the evil cowards, who hide in the background. Their murderous intentions of revenge won’t be confined to the Middle East.
It’s a never ending spiral of hate by extremists and death of innocents.

Couldn’t have come at a better time for Trump.

2 hours ago, Herbert. said:

I've seen a lot of stuff on Telegram. Yet to see anyone being burned alive. I doubt you have either, not from the last few weeks anyway.

The Mighty Thor

I see the indiscriminate bombing has broken the 10,000 death barrier.

4,000 kids too.

Top work from the IDF right there. 

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

4,000 kids too.

:sweeet:

Diadora Van Basten
25 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Probably killed more Hamas to be fair.

The best recruiting tool for Hamas is Israel.

Diadora Van Basten
2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

I am hugely disappointed in Biden I would have expected this kind of behaviour by Trump but not a democrat.

The USA have taken a country with a population similar to Scotland and turned them into the fourth biggest military force in the world.

They have enabled Israel to imprison the Palestinian people who are amongst the poorest in the world and murder them with complete disregard for International Law.

2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

4,000 kids too.

These figures are provided by Hamas, which is made clear when they are quoted in the MSM. That’s the same Hamas whose spokesperson yesterday claimed that only IDF soldiers and reservists were targeted during their incursion and no civilians were harmed.

Diadora Van Basten

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/nov/07/palestinians-human-rights-israel-gaza

Those numbers certainly don’t count to the president of the United States. The empathizer-in-chief; the man who likes to make a big song and dance about what a decent guy he is. Joe Biden came right out and said: we don’t believe Palestinians about the death toll.

It would be funny if it wasn’t so horrific, so insulting. I’m sorry … what does Biden think is happening, exactly? Does he think that people in Gaza are holding some sort of underground rave while crisis actors, surreptitiously shipped in from elsewhere, ordered on crisis-actor-Amazon (two-day delivery!), cosplay a massacre? Does he think the pictures of entire neighborhoods being wiped out are some sort of AI deepfake?

It isn’t enough that Palestinians are dying and being displaced: we must be dehumanized and discredited too. We must verify our deaths as we die.

Of course not. Biden may be many things but he is not stupid. He knows very well that the numbers from the Gaza health ministry have been proven to be accurate time and time again. Which makes all this even worse. It isn’t enough that Palestinians are dying and being displaced: we must be dehumanized and discredited too. We must verify our deaths as we die.

Doing that, by the way, is getting increasingly difficult. One by one, journalists in Gaza are being slaughtered or threatened with death. And, rather than champion the importance of the press, the US is actively trying to suppress coverage of the living hell in Gaza. Two weeks ago, the US secretary of state, Antony Blinken, asked Qatar to moderate Al Jazeera’s coverage of Israel’s war against Hamas. Can’t have too much of the truth coming out; too much truth is a terrible thing.

2 hours ago, Korky said:

These figures are provided by Hamas, which is made clear when they are quoted in the MSM. That’s the same Hamas whose spokesperson yesterday claimed that only IDF soldiers and reservists were targeted during their incursion and no civilians were harmed.

The Hamas Health authority figures are very widely seen as credible and reliable. Been proven previously to be correct.

7 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

The loss of Muslim and Arab American votes for the Democrats could hit them hard in the next election, where we're probably talking knife-edge in any case.

HeartsandonlyHearts
8 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

I've seen a lot of stuff on Telegram. Yet to see anyone being burned alive. I doubt you have either, not from the last few weeks anyway.

You’re on the wind up. Gullible to a fault. 
Weirdo.

periodictabledancer
7 hours ago, Korky said:

Since foreign reporters and independent organizations are barred from Gaza,...... by Israel ? 

the Hamas-run Health Ministry is the only official source for casualties in the territory.

You getting the significance of this , bud ? 

The United Nations and other international organizations said the ministry has made a good-faith effort to count the number of deaths under difficult conditions.

Michael Ryan of the World Health Organization said that the ministry's numbers might not be “perfectly accurate.” But he added,

“They largely reflect the level of death and injury.”

Hamas counts the dead because Israel doesn't let anyone else do it  - and the WHO have twice said they pretty much gree with Hamas.

https://learningenglish.voanews.com/a/how-reliable-are-gaza-health-ministry-s-death-numbers/7343831.html

Edited by periodictabledancer

periodictabledancer

"After the holocaust, Israel has the right to do whatever it wants..... Golda Meir"

This is a good listen.

2 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

You’re on the wind up. Gullible to a fault. 
Weirdo.

Gullible that I like to deal in facts? You probably still think theybwent in and beheaded dozens of babies.

Edited by hughesie27

12 hours ago, Korky said:

It helps the Israeli narrative if they've killed dozens of independent journalists, not to mention the scores of aid workers killed.

AussieObserver
23 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

End game for Israel is to drive out the people living in the Gaza Strip into the Sinai desert in Egypt then Israeli Settlers will come and take their homes.

Bingo. The attack by Hamas was all the excuse Israel needed to instigate their latest land grab. Further to this point, given their resources and apparent competence, I don't buy that Mossad and Shin Bet didn't somehow know that an attack was coming. And Egypt warned Israel something was brewing. Israel ignored the warnings.

Interesting to see that Netanyahu's popularity doesn't seem to have risen much, if at all, in Israel as a result of the war.

Edited by AussieObserver

4 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Gullible that I like to deal in facts? You probably still think theybwent in and beheaded dozens of babies.

Or that they cut a unborn baby out and chopped its head off all lies eh.

19 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Hopefully police go on extremely hard and don't let these protesters away with their anti-Semitic garbage.

This protest should not be allowed to take place on Remembrance Sunday as it is only designed to cause bother and will achieve nothing except cause vandalism and violence.

The "hard right" narrative has already begun. As soon as a few lads turn up to defend memorials, veterans and poppy sellers you can be sure the police will find their riot gear.

This weekend may well be a turning point for the country. I know which side I'll be on.

Prince's Street Saturday, Haymarket Sunday. Let them try their pish!