Israel and Palestine

AlphonseCapone

2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Have you seen the route?  I haven't, but I read somewhere that the march finishes 2 miles from Whitehall, and never gets closer than 1.5 miles.

I'm not sure it reflects well on them even if they don't misbehave, IYSWIM, but it is what it is. 

It's a bit naive to think these spoilers for bother will stick to routes or schedules. They're expecting hundreds of thousands. The Met can't manage a couple of dozen Morris dancers.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diadora Van Basten

• il Duce McTarkin

• Malinga the Swinga

• JudyJudyJudy

New Town Loafer
2 minutes ago, JyTees said:

They are, and you're right, banned terrorist organisations shouldn't be allowed to voice their opinions, on Armistice Day, Remebrance Sunday, or any other day. There are rules in place and I've no idea why they're not being enforced. Well, I have...

👍

7 minutes ago, JyTees said:

The Met can't manage a couple of dozen Morris dancers.

😂

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Howdy Doody Jambo
28 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Because they can.

It is that simple.  I wouldn't, but that's my choice.  I wouldn't go on their protest on any day, but that's also my choice.

We shouldn't ban stuff just because we don't like it.

The Lord Mayor's Show is the same day, all glitz and fancy coaches parading around St Paul's. A bit naff on a day of respect, no?

Do Arsenal or Spurs have a home game on Saturday? Or Remembrance Sunday, for that matter?  What about other London clubs?  Fans roaring and cheering when a more sombre mood might be called for?

You can do a beer bike tour of Piccadilly.  Get in a group and get pissed while pedalling about London city centre, singing away and giving shout-outs to passers by.  You can bet that'll be running right through the weekend.

P.S. I won't be doing any of those things, but I wouldn't be calling for them to be stopped or banned either.

Lest we forget 

New Town Loafer

Wonder if there'll be any nonsense in Glasgow? Seems like something Celtic and Rangers fans could pretend to know about so they can end up waving flags.

9 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Why?

No sure . She lives in Edinburgh so long way to go to eat a chunky chicken to support them . 

39 minutes ago, JyTees said:

It's a bit naive to think these spoilers for bother will stick to routes or schedules. They're expecting hundreds of thousands. The Met can't manage a couple of dozen Morris dancers.

I was responding to @New Town Loafer's question about rerouting away from the Cenotaph.  My point was that the route already seems to be away from the Cenotaph.

I expect the Met to get its arse in gear and do its job. If the Met can't uphold the law, that's not a reason to change the law; it's a reason to change the Met.

15 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

No sure . She lives in Edinburgh so long way to go to eat a chunky chicken to support them . 

Maybe they deliver.  :laugh:

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, JyTees said:

You're clueless.

Uh-huh.

1 hour ago, JyTees said:

Again, dodging the question. Tool.

MUh-huh

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Quite the opposite. They can march if they want but they knew the date and they're looking for any opportunity to cause bother. They had demo on Saturday in Edinburgh that I saw and while I disagree with them, didn't bother me when I was in Waverley and I just ignored them.

Some others will not ignore them and that's what they are counting on.

So in summary the perfectly peaceful marchers protesting for a ceasefire in Gaza aren't the problem its the bangers that think they're pound shop Tommy Robinsons & 'the lads' that are going to cause bother?

Sound. Glad that's been cleared up. 

8 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I was responding to @New Town Loafer's question about rerouting away from the Cenotaph.  My point was that the route already seems to be away from the Cenotaph.

I expect the Met to get its arse in gear and do its job. If the Met can't uphold the law, that's not a reason to change the law; it's a reason to change the Met.

The law is already there given the link to terrorism. There's no need to change anything.

Good luck with waiting on the Met or anyother police force in the UK getting their arse in gear.

6 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It’s funny how all the same people have the same views on every thread.

Everything is as black or white as right wing, left wing.

Posting tweets from left wing sources as if they’re gospel :lol:

Right wingers support right wingers, so you support Israel. Other people support human rights, so support the rights of Palestinians to live in their own country while condemning terrorism

14 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

mmm, only thing they will do is fill in their overtime sheets...

12 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Yep, the Nationalist govt in England has cut the Met budget by over 30% per annum since it came to power. There is no way that they can now protect the wider population of London from tens of thousands of anti Semites, anti British and anti Christian, anti Democracy and pro Islamic protestors. Lets wait and see the damage they cause and then blame the Met.

9 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Right wingers support right wingers, so you support Israel. Other people support human rights, so support the rights of Palestinians to live in their own country while condemning terrorism

Were you in London for any of the protests?

16 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Uh-huh.

MUh-huh

So in summary the perfectly peaceful marchers protesting for a ceasefire in Gaza aren't the problem its the bangers that think they're pound shop Tommy Robinsons & 'the lads' that are going to cause bother?

Sound. Glad that's been cleared up. 

If they are respectful and respect the day and not vandalise war memorials and attack veterans then nothing will happen. 

They won’t be though. 

1 hour ago, New Town Loafer said:

This is my position, too. Let them hold their demonstration, but re-route it away from the cenotaph. It only reflects poorly on these idiots if they misbehave. Any serious crimes - arrest them.

For what it's worth, if any of these demonstrations are funded/organised by anyone in connection with Hamas then ban them.

They've already said the march will not go near the cenotaph 

12 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Another gullible and thick idiot.

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Of course they said they won’t. 

I don’t believe them and is seems the police don’t either with having to put police and barricades up at the monuments

4 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

No, we're you? Think I saw you waving your wee UJ from the sidelines

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Another gullible and thick idiot.

I know you are, going by where you get your 'news', but no need to shout about it

New Town Loafer
9 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I'm sure they have. That doesn't mean they won't, however.

The Mighty Thor
11 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

If they are respectful and respect the day and not vandalise war memorials and attack veterans then nothing will happen. 

They won’t be though. 

Wait til you find out that a lot of the protesters up and down the country will be wearing their poppy with pride while protesting for a ceasefire, an armistice, if you like. On Armistice day. 

I reckon 'the lads' will implode with poppy rage.

5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I know you are, going by where you get your 'news', but no need to shout about it

Course you do. This is how much of an idiot you are.

I criticise you, therefore that automatically makes me right wing in your mind.

I'm neither left or right wing. I make up my own mind on things.

I neither support the Israelis or the Palestinians. I think they are both wrong.

They have both been wrong for thousands of years. They are both going to carry on being wrong for thousands of years to come. 

So they have both been wrong for years before you and I were glints in our dad's eyes, and they will both still be wrong for years after both you and I have had our time on this Earth.

Now if you still believe that is right wing thinking, then you crack on.

8 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Wait til you find out that a lot of the protesters up and down the country will be wearing their poppy with pride while protesting for a ceasefire, an armistice, if you like. On Armistice day. 

I reckon 'the lads' will implode with poppy rage.

Is that the ones that aren’t attacking poppy sellers 

8 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Reading that there were incidents at the cenotaph in Rochdale on Monday and Tuesday night. Guess this is a thing now.

Yes “ free Palestine “ was spray painted on it 

5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Course you do. This is how much of an idiot you are.

I criticise you, therefore that automatically makes me right wing in your mind.

I'm neither left or right wing. I make up my own mind on things.

I neither support the Israelis or the Palestinians. I think they are both wrong.

They have both been wrong for thousands of years. They are both going to carry on being wrong for thousands of years to come. 

So they have both been wrong for years before you and I were glints in our dad's eyes, and they will both still be wrong for years after both you and I have had our time on this Earth.

Now if you still believe that is right wing thinking, then you crack on.

Oh anyone with a difference of opinion to him is “ right wing “ embrace it ! 😂

1 minute ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Nicely put. 

XB52’s posts reek of student politics. 

He would fit in well with the student Green Party 😂

Just now, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Oh no, not the racist card….

He’s Throwing a whole deck of cards today . “ right wing “ earlier and no doubt it’ll get my daily “ transphobe “ in due course ! What’s that saying? 

“ water off a ducks back “ ? 

HeartsandonlyHearts
4 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Nicely put. 

XB52’s posts reek of student politics. 

No way he’s in college.

Think you have to be 17/18 for college.

The Mighty Thor
7 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Is that the ones that aren’t attacking poppy sellers 

That'll be the absolute majority of people who can hold more than one thought in their heads at any given time. 

Nucky Thompson
38 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I’m not any wing or member of any political party.

my support for Israel amounted to being saddened by the youngsters being slaughtered at a music festival, because I have kids the same age who are also into their gigs and festivals 

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

The dafties are the ones marching about in Edinburgh and London because some biblical-age nonsense is carrying on in a part of the world where most folk are absolute bams.

Fair play to you not blaming the SNP.:10900:

That’s your usual strategy.

10 minutes ago, XB52 said:

No, we're you? Think I saw you waving your wee UJ from the sidelines'

I'm glad you are me.

I haven't, ever, waved a Union Flag, but I think people have a right to in the UK in most situations.

I live in central London. The most visible and loudest people on the protests that I saw were pro Hamas and were calling for death to Jews while celebrating the 7th October attacks.  I have spent decades supporting the rights of Palestinian people and believe there should be a two state solution. Where I've shifted is that I now accept that most of the Arab world doesn't want this and in fact want the destruction of Israel and would be happy for genocide against Jewish people "From the River to the sea".

I'm sure many of the people demonstrating are not anti Semites and pro Hamas, but they seem to be sidelined and are not openly expressing that view. How do you, as a flag shagger, see it 12XU?

il Duce McTarkin
38 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Bodrum knocking shop.

1 minute ago, SE16 3LN said:

I'm glad you are me.

I haven't, ever, waved a Union Flag, but I think people have a right to in the UK in most situations.

I live in central London. The most visible and loudest people on the protests that I saw were pro Hamas and were calling for death to Jews while celebrating the 7th October attacks.  I have spent decades supporting the rights of Palestinian people and believe there should be a two state solution. Where I've shifted is that I now accept that most of the Arab world doesn't want this and in fact want the destruction of Israel and would be happy for genocide against Jewish people "From the River to the sea".

I'm sure many of the people demonstrating are not anti Semites and pro Hamas, but they seem to be sidelined and are not openly expressing that view. How do you, as a flag shagger, see it 12XU?

Nah that can’t be right, they are all peaceful , respectful people don’t you know . 

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Bodrum knocking shop.

I’d be surprised if he had a ride in him

This thread got worse quickly.

Does it never occur to people that this grudge is from roughly WW2 ( the land bit anyway)

There will be no Palestinians alive that ever lived on that land .

it was 80 years ago.

Are people still looking for reparations from then?

i know zoomers occasionally try and get reparations for something they themselves never owned or experienced, but it all seems a bit , well, absurd.

1 hour ago, JyTees said:

The law is already there given the link to terrorism. There's no need to change anything.

Good luck with waiting on the Met or anyother police force in the UK getting their arse in gear.

Not for the first time, I'm pointing out that my posts were in response to someone who wants the law changed.  I don't think it should be changed. 

I'm not the police, and neither are you. Like I said, I expect the police to do their job, and it's the government's job to hold them to account for that.  If the police aren't up to the task, then the government should either resource them or reform them properly. 

1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

mmm, only thing they will do is fill in their overtime sheets...

If that is the case, then it hardly matters whether you reroute the march or not, ban the march or not, or change the law or not.

People don't want this thing stopped because it might be unlawful or it might be disruptive.  They want it stopped because it annoys them.

1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

Yep, the Nationalist govt in England has cut the Met budget by over 30% per annum since it came to power.

I don't know about the percentages, but you are right about this. 

But it still leads us back to the same place.  Banning stuff because we don't like it is a bad idea anyway, but it's even worse when the government hamstrings the police and doesn't give them the resources needed to do the job.

25 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I don't know about the percentages, but you are right about this. 

But it still leads us back to the same place.  Banning stuff because we don't like it is a bad idea anyway, but it's even worse when the government hamstrings the police and doesn't give them the resources needed to do the job.

Not so sure.

I’d ban orange and republican marches.

Giving them air gives life to these things .

they should be made unacceptable in public, keep it private 

some things should be extinguished.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

I'm glad you are me.