Should Steven Naismith be sacked? ( merged )

David McCaig

Should Steven Naismith be Sacked?  

956 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steven Naismith be Sacked?

SomethingAboutObua

Should never have been given the job. Utterly pathetic attempt to look for a new manager in that time frame.

Either they didn't look very hard, which is awfully concerning, or they bowed to fan pressure to give him the job  

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Pasquale for King

• kingantti1874

been here before
53 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Should never have been given the job.

This is the correct answer. The board Peps knew he'd be "a great manager" though as he'd been a half decent player.

53 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Should also include McAvoy, Forrest and Savage in that question 

These guys should all be in the dock as far as I’m concerned 😧 

8 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Has he spoken tonight ?

Yes…he initially tried to blame exhaustion from playing in Europe until the BBC reporter called him out about it…then he suddenly started back peddling that fast he could’ve went back in time.

It was the usual sound bites that basically mean nothing apart from that.

Just now, SomethingAboutObua said:

Should never have been given the job. Utterly pathetic attempt to look for a new manager in that time frame.

Either they didn't look very hard, which is awfully concerning, or they bowed to fan pressure to give him the job  

Either way,  not nearly good enough.   

20 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Just back in, voted yes but i believe all the coaches should go and a new manager should have the final say on who his assistant and coaching team are. Savage should go as well imho.

This , Savage is an utter wage thief.

100% will not be sacked.

More likely scenario is it is made clear he's in charge and he is given a vote of confidence ahead of Aberdeen. Then we wait and see.

5 minutes ago, Australis said:

Fans haven't turned on them yet but Oda, Tagawa and Vargas have been pretty much average so far.

The odd flash of skill, ain't enough over 90 minutes.

If they don't get better or suss our game out better  its going to be a really crap season.

And the cold rainy baltic winter days and nights for them all to look forward too.

Oh the joys.

When the **** has Tagawa been given 90 mins he is brought on when chasing a game and in which the rest of the team has been horeshit.The guy must already be wondering why the **** he came.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Deviskan said:

Yes…he initially tried to blame exhaustion from playing in Europe until the BBC reporter called him out about it…then he suddenly started back peddling that fast he could’ve went back in time.

Imagine if he’d said we were a bit mentally fatigued……………. 😭

Yes for me as we are getting worse as the weeks go by. 9 competitive games in to the season and we look completely clueless to what we are meant to be doing. I’m not expecting miracles from a new coaching team but we’ve got to be far better than we are just now. 

2 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

I'm glad the interviewer pulled him on it 

2 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

dont think that board would bow to fans, stubborn  c.....s that they are, and always will be.......🤮🤮🤮

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

When the **** has Tagawa been given 90 mins he is brought on when chasing a game and in which the rest of the team has been horeshit.The guy must already be wondering why the **** he came.

He fluffed his lines when he got his chance,  Must score a free header from 6 yards out. 

5 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Or used fan "pressure" as an excuse to justify the decision they wanted to make anyway. The easy way out.

41 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Not all posters. Some of us thought appointing a Lowland League manager with only  7 games experience outside that league was a ludicrous decision. And said so.

Certainly did!

100% all should be gone. Why must we keep being belittled by the board and having to put up with their experimental management systems. Enough is enough get an experienced manager in or season will be done before the end of September 

5 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

100% will not be sacked.

More likely scenario is it is made clear he's in charge and he is given a vote of confidence ahead of Aberdeen. Then we wait and see.

This is what will happen 

this will be announced in the next few days to appease a disillusioned support

What has pre-season given us? Simply not good or fit enough it seems.

This set up is showing to be a joke now. Players don’t look happy, the tactics are too safe and constantly using the CBs to get the ball across each wing.

We’re lacking pace and directness.

If this is the best Naismith can do at the moment then we urgently need to bring in an experienced manager.

jack D and coke

I seem to recall the fans being fairly in favour of him getting the job but it’s concerning watching us atm. 
Scattergun team selections at times and square pegs in round holes. 
He’s under pressure already.

The international break will make or break him imo.
He doesn’t have long thats for sure. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

I think the fat guy from the SRU, and everyone below, should be told to foxtrot Oscar, tonight.

Monday, rip start again and get a qualified coach, etc.

Football department is absolutely rudderless on and off the pitch.

Shankland is not a leader and Naismith does not have the tactical nouse to go up against more senior coaches

GTF

colinmorewasgash

I thought Frankie was manager how can you sack naismith.🤣🤣 Farcical for a woman that ran her own business, that for 10 years she has made so many stupid decisions on a footballing side, without anyone taken her to task. No wonder managers wont apply they all know its a closed shop in recruitment. Stendel wanted changes yet levein still hovered about and yeah danny boy wasn't answer, we went down during covid. Even then when she had a case she changed solicitor to go for cheaper option and lost. She now seems more interested in a unfinished stand becoming a hotel the world class restaurant and the ann budge forthcoming training centre. How much money have we wasted on an overbudget stand and players  brought in who were utter dross or cheap options going fr quantity and constantly players changing season after a season. Wheres the youth policy,  we were promised in 2014, doesn't matter whose been in charge of it they all get released. Last decent player was hickey and when others left to join other clubs doig who was hearts daft joins vermin and now andy irving goes to west ham even if he doesnt play fr them,they got chances to play then moved to better things. We have kids to make up bench. They get a taste of first team pollock smith etc look promising then loaned out forever then released. Who at club we have brought in has got better with our coaching. There hasn't been many. Groundhog day season after season bar a few 1st division championships and  3 cup final losses and two v celtic we cd have won if we didnt bottle it. Anyway happy clappers kp clapping after 51 years following hearts its always so near to success but that last little financial extra we always go safe its in clubs dna but since vlad we go even more safe. By way to all the folk who raved about our profit last season take benefactors money out we wd have been millions in debt.

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Simple question if you think its too early to ask the question answer no.

For me, its time to go, he doesn't have the experience, there has been no bounce from the players and its time for the Board to make a proper externally recruited appointment.

The club has to end this farce now.

Today was his 1st match........ahem!

Jeffros Furios
4 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I think the fat guy from the SRU, and everyone below, should be told to foxtrot Oscar, tonight.

Monday, rip start again and get a qualified coach, etc.

Problem is the idiots who recruited them would be involved in recruiting thier replacements .

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I seem to recall the fans being fairly in favour of him getting the job but it’s concerning watching us atm. 
Scattergun team selections at times and square pegs in round holes. 
He’s under pressure already.

The international break will make or break him imo.
He doesn’t have long thats for sure. 

I'm sure the next 2 weeks in training...excepting the 7 called up.....will improve fitness/ tactics/ strength/ passing and bottle no end!

periodictabledancer
13 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

McKinley said he wanted/favoured "an experienced manager".

The board need to explain why they didn't do that.

I said at the time it was another p1ss take and it's certainly panning out that way right now. This is the second time the board has appointed a rookie manager and it's getting beyond a joke. In this instance , it's even worse : at least Cathro (should have) had CL to lean on. We're currently being run by a bunch with zero experience. 

I was really hopeful when he got the job that we would see a bit more positivity in our play. It’s looking disorganised and we are easy to play against. It was a big risk worth taking but it’s looking like a downgrade on the previous management team. Not usually one for negativity but I’m a bit concerned at what I’m seeing just now. We should be a lot better as I believe we have a lot of good players. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

Said from day one should never have been appointed and took loads of stick from loads on kickback for that stance ! The Board are an absolute disgrace to have put an inexperienced coaching team in place 

1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

Sack Naismith after 4 league games and we become a laughing stock , not even a half decent manager will touch us

btw I’m not convinced he’s the answer, but it’s far too soon

If and it’s a big if, we then go for a steady experienced manager, we are in no position to appoint experiments or projects.

Someone who knows the job and won’t accept interference from the clown board at Hearts 

The pond life sack their manager and are only 1 point behind us, and we would be a laughing stock 🤔

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Problem is the idiots who recruited them would be involved in recruiting thier replacements .

True. ☹️

Rudi the Cocker Spaniel

I'm clearly in the minority because I voted No. Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy but it seems a bit knee jerk to blame Naismith for everything that appears wrong.

I may take pelters again but can anybody actually say why he was given the job? Are Hearts not an attractive destination for even journeymen managers that we pick a man with no real managerial experience at all . I find it all a bit bewildering that we heave a manager who did very well for the club only to employ a complete novice> We do know that RN was given the job with no experience to talk of BUT at that point we were down in the championship and had CL sitting in the background for advice. Are we that stuck for cash that we are taking wild punts in the hope of saving cash?

22 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Agreed. Amazing that the majority thought he would do well based on zero logic. Other than we want him to do well.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Rudi the Cocker Spaniel said:

I'm clearly in the minority because I voted No. Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy but it seems a bit knee jerk to blame Naismith for everything that appears wrong.

It was a cop out of an appointment. Those above in the boardroom bottled it, a proper appointment was needed. But they didn’t have the balls to make one. Thought they’d kicked the can down the road but won’t work if these guys lose 4 on the spin as they have done. 

Yes from me. It is clear he is out of his depth. When a team like Motherwell on a fraction of our resources can come to Tynecastle and get a win then it is time to go. To see them at the top of the league on 10 points is embarrassing and shows what can be done with a proper manager. The time for experiments is over. 

8 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Said from day one should never have been appointed and took loads of stick from loads on kickback for that stance ! The Board are an absolute disgrace to have put an inexperienced coaching team in place 

100% agree

ToadKiller Dog

Look at me I said he would fail .

Good for you , that doesn't change where we are now .

The end of last season did show signs maybe there would be a change sadly that was just a new/no manager bounce ,bit like hibs got today .

Clearly we are back where we started and it needs changed again before the season is wasted .

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

The Sporting Director role should be purely an admin function in relation to any footballing decisions.  Player recruitment has to be fully owned by the Head Coach/Manager, the Sporting Director can fax/photocopy/email the appropriate documentation etc...

Quite. And this is what Savage said he'd being doing when he arrived - helping Neilson out, taking some of the admin load of his back. Either that was all BS or he's carved a niche for himself. We don't need a 'sporting director'. Someone from the commercial side can deal with the procurement stuff, and McKinlay can sign off spend.

Nelly Terraces

The board are shit.

Our new signings, Oda, Tagawa, Vargas, are shit.

Our midfield is shit.

Our style of football is beyond shit

The sporting director is shit.

Our management are shit.

19 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

This is what will happen 

this will be announced in the next few days to appease a disillusioned support

Not gonna appease me, he should be been made assistant with an experienced guy at the helm.

A big mistake that's costing us already, unfit players, fans not onside, performances very, very poor and team selections that are bizarre.

pettigrewsstylist
15 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

I'm sure the next 2 weeks in training...excepting the 7 called up.....will improve fitness/ tactics/ strength/ passing and bottle no end!

Defo, build on the full pre season improvements.

Captain Sausage
2 minutes ago, feej said:

Not gonna appease me, he should be been made assistant with an experienced guy at the helm.

A big mistake that's costing us already, unfit players, fans not onside, performances very, very poor and team selections that are bizarre.

He shouldn't be anywhere near the first time. Whatever role he has been in so far, he's been part of an absolute shit show.

Get him out completely, bring in someone with experience and give them an opportunity to completely upgrade our football dept.

• davemclaren changed the title to Should Steven Naismith be sacked? ( merged )