Should Steven Naismith be sacked? ( merged )

David McCaig

Should Steven Naismith be Sacked?  

956 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steven Naismith be Sacked?

13 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

A staggering amount of revisionism from posters saying he should never have been appointed. The same posters who gave @Tom Hardy’s Dug a hard time are now rushing to agree with him. 

Indeed. There were a few of us who didn’t want him appointed but most folk seemed delighted.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Pasquale for King

• kingantti1874

The big problem is this could start to become really bad in double quick time. Of the remaining 7 games before we've played everyone we've got both uglies. That's obviously two defeats as we traditionally forfeit these fixtures. County and St Mirren away will be horrible against well drilled sides who'll display an intensity that will be too much for us. 

The worry for all concerned is we're already losing the games that ordinarily we would win that would serve to mask the problems and just about manage to placate enough people to look the other way. 

This is a complete ****ing fiasco in the making and we are sleepwalking into it once more. 

The 2019/20 campaign should be a sobering reminder of what people still involved at this club are capable of overseeing.

LarrysRightFoot

I don’t think Naismith is in charge. Regardless it’s time to knock the experiment on the head. In the 3 home games, out with Partick, combined I’m not sure we’ve had more than 5 shots on target. 

Yes, I was encouraged by his first few games but I think we are done now. 

Let’s take decisive action for a change and find a real manager. 

The one benefit to an internal appointment is usually that the new man in charge knows the club inside out and therefore hits the ground running.

Naismith is now 16 games into the job and there is no evidence whatsoever that he has a clue what he is doing

Just back in, voted yes but i believe all the coaches should go and a new manager should have the final say on who his assistant and coaching team are. Savage should go as well imho.

The Hogfather

Shouldn’t have been appointed. This idea that we should be giving managers their first shot at management needs chucked in the bin. 

What I want to know is, what has changed since end of last season? We had 60 shots against aberdeen and county absolute battered them playing attacking football. Went to Ibrox and gave them a good game. 

Shooter McGavin

I don’t see a future under this management team, I really don’t.

They were the cheapest of cheap options. Reckless beyond belief from the board.

kingantti1874

Can’t get over how differently we are approaching games in comparison to his first few games . Night and day.  

This isn’t what people thought we would get when he was backed so heavily. 

Whatever the reason, it’s not working and once you lose the fans here you don’t come back from it.

still don’t think there is any great option out there 

Why would Naismith be sacked?? His initial remit was to secure 3rd place in his 7 ‘cup finals’.  He did so well with that he got the job full time. We have set a very low bar.

Shooter McGavin
1 minute ago, The Hogfather said:

Shouldn’t have been appointed. This idea that we should be giving managers their first shot at management needs chucked in the bin. 

This.

Worked with Neilson cause he had the luxury of starting out in the Championship.

But it should never be done again when we expect 3rd and cup runs.

20 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

New levels of farce today. Apparently Naismith was called the "Head Coach" on the Tynecastle screens but (repeatedly) the "Techinacal Director" in the Hearts TV coverage. 

No wonder the players look lost.

It's alright he was Frankie McAvoy over in Greece on viaplay but then Frankie was also Frankie McAvoy 🤣

Just now, Boyces beard said:

Just back in, voted yes but i believe all the coaches should go and a new manager should have the final say on who his assistant and coaching team are. Savage should go as well imho.

I probably could have worded the question more clearly, but when I say Naismith I mean the whole coaching team, although I guess it should really be up to the new man in charge.  If they want to keep any existing members, fair enough but if they want their own men in, that's what they get.

My concern is that it’s not clear how this can be fixed. The squad wasn’t ready for the start of the season and overall our new signings have started poorly. What is the game plan?

Just now, David McCaig said:

I probably could have worded the question more clearly, but when I say Naismith I mean the whole coaching team, although I guess it should really be up to the new man in charge.  If they want to keep any existing members, fair enough but if they want their own men in, that's what they get.

Less and less it's up to the new guy he might get one guy in but most of the time backroom staff seem to stay the same.

A_A wehatethehibs
7 minutes ago, Zico said:

Indeed. There were a few of us who didn’t want him appointed but most folk seemed delighted.

The previous poll is the answer to who voted for what. I remain on team Marti. 

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

The conundrum of Neilson was that despite the negatives, there was also a long list of successes as well.

However the rationale of sacking Neilson has to be the non-negotiable fact that only 3rd place is acceptable, Naismith is a million miles from operating at that level.  Naismith, McAvoy and Forrest are painfully out of their collective depths.

Heartsmad1874

Watching us I genuinely can’t see what our game plan is and what we are trying to do/work on in training. We are so easy to defend against as teams can get set in their shape due to our slow style passing.

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The previous poll is the answer to who voted for what. I remain on team Marti. 

I didn’t vote as it only gave two options. Although I’d take Marti Pellow right now!

I’ve said yes he should go, however what I can’t get is last year in the home games, we started off on the front foot and played a pressing game and broke at pace. Oda looked like he was enjoying his football as he was playing at a tempo he was used to.

We bring in Tagawa who you can see from some of his highlights is very similar in terms of the way he plays. 

Instead we are back to the slow build up possession bollocks that we had under RN.

What’s changed.

I’d also say from what I saw of Celtic game, their Japanese players are suffering the same from Brenda’s tactics.

Glamorgan Jambo

Voted no.

didn’t want him in the first place. Not sure what progress he made on his coaching badges in the two years he was a full time coach for us. Which is the source of much confusion for supporters as a minimum.

However the road to madness and disaster is filled with knee jerk decisions made far far too quickly.

if he goes then he can’t be the only one.

Just as well we have caretaker manager candidates (Fox and maybe Webster) in position.

The Mercer Takeover

Today is the last straw, Naismith out.

I'm sorry to the happy clappers, but we need urgent change now. Everything is just too "nice" with Hearts and we have become an embarrassment.

Get Robinson in now, he would shake things up. It's also time for Budge to move on as well.

Also getting concerned over how much of our money is being spent on our womens team?

Edited by The Mercer Takeover

Jambo in Bathgate
15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s too early to sack him but he needs to sort things smartish. I have no idea why we aren’t playing in the same manner as we were at the end of last season. 

To be honest it feels like exactly the same garbage we were watching before he took over. 

The board have to change the structure and make Naismith manager.  Then give him a few games if he fails then he should be replaced by someone outside. This break in the season is the time to do the change. 

MasterofDisaster

Given what I’ve seen from our new signings, I’m almost relieved that we have missed out on the European money, as we would have no doubt pished it up the wall on dross. Savage as incompetent as he is hard to look at.

What I, and many other no doubt, would like to know is why he was given this job? He has no credentials what so ever to have been appointed to the post of manger of Hearts nor do the others on the committee for that matter, 

1 minute ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

The board have to change the structure and make Naismith manager.  Then give him a few games if he fails then he should be replaced by someone outside. This break in the season is the time to do the change. 

Please tell me this post is being sarcastic?

3 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Watching us I genuinely can’t see what our game plan is and what we are trying to do/work on in training. We are so easy to defend against as teams can get set in their shape due to our slow style passing.

Completely agree .. we are so slow moving the ball .. nobody making off the ball moves .. there's no drive in the team .. and we're powderpuff defensively.. don't know what the answer is, but we need a rethink 

Fans haven't turned on them yet but Oda, Tagawa and Vargas have been pretty much average so far.

The odd flash of skill, ain't enough over 90 minutes.

If they don't get better or suss our game out better  its going to be a really crap season.

And the cold rainy baltic winter days and nights for them all to look forward too.

Oh the joys.

43 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Sack Naismith after 4 league games and we become a laughing stock , not even a half decent manager will touch us

btw I’m not convinced he’s the answer, but it’s far too soon

If and it’s a big if, we then go for a steady experienced manager, we are in no position to appoint experiments or projects.

Someone who knows the job and won’t accept interference from the clown board at Hearts 

You say that as if we aren’t already a laughing stock. We have actually paid money for some of those players and none are capable of doing basics. It’s already damage limitation time. If we don’t stabilise and find a settled formation we could be in bottom six up till Xmas.

Heartsmad1874

Naismith urges 'bravery' from Hearts

FT: Heart of Midlothian 0-1 Motherwell

Hearts' technical director Steven Naismithtells BBC Scotland: "It's been the same after every European game we've played. We've come into the game at the weekend with lethargic, slow play and given away cheap goals. That's been consistent over these games. We've highlighted it but it's a mentality thing.

"We can't put it down to playing in Europe because that's where we want and expect to be. We work all season to get into Europe. You might not be at peak physical condition, but you need to work out a way to stay in the game and come up with a moment to win it. We've not shown that. We've not done enough to create good chances.

"The last two league games aren't acceptable, to come away with no points, not create many chances and concede sloppy goals. We need to use this time to make sure we're back to where we were at the start - Rosenborg at home, St Johnstone away. We need to play with bravery, we've gone away from that."

Same bullshit as last week pretty much.

Just now, Tatlock said:

You say that as if we aren’t already a laughing stock. We have actually paid money for some of those players and none are capable of doing basics. It’s already damage limitation time. If we don’t stabilise and find a settled formation we could be in bottom six up till Xmas.

and surely Naismith has now had 16 games as Manager.

I think the question should be, will Naismith be sacked...and the answers no. Even if questions are being asked within the hierarchy behind doors, he'll be given the international break to allow the squad to recuperate.

He should never have been appointed in the first place, too risky.

The problem for me is, how will a new manager sort out our midfield ? The technical ability of some of our players is embarrassing, maybe a new foreign manager would improve that.... who knows

Anything run by a committee is a feck up, anyone who has ever worked for a serious organisation knows this , The people running Hearts are a joke, appoint someone to be in charge and let him succeed or fail. This season looks like being a total disaster if a few tough decisions aren’t taken in the next few weeks.

49 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Sack Naismith after 4 league games and we become a laughing stock , not even a half decent manager will touch us

btw I’m not convinced he’s the answer, but it’s far too soon

If and it’s a big if, we then go for a steady experienced manager, we are in no position to appoint experiments or projects.

Someone who knows the job and won’t accept interference from the clown board at Hearts 

I'm not trying to argue with you, but is he even the manager? The club doesn't seem to think he is, McAvoy seems to think he's running the show in the interviews, are they just telling him he is?

ToadKiller Dog
2 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Naismith urges 'bravery' from Hearts

FT: Heart of Midlothian 0-1 Motherwell

Hearts' technical director Steven Naismithtells BBC Scotland: "It's been the same after every European game we've played. We've come into the game at the weekend with lethargic, slow play and given away cheap goals. That's been consistent over these games. We've highlighted it but it's a mentality thing.

"We can't put it down to playing in Europe because that's where we want and expect to be. We work all season to get into Europe. You might not be at peak physical condition, but you need to work out a way to stay in the game and come up with a moment to win it. We've not shown that. We've not done enough to create good chances.

"The last two league games aren't acceptable, to come away with no points, not create many chances and concede sloppy goals. We need to use this time to make sure we're back to where we were at the start - Rosenborg at home, St Johnstone away. We need to play with bravery, we've gone away from that."

Same bullshit as last week pretty much.

Sounds like Robbie 

17 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

well put 👏👏👏👏👏

• davemclaren changed the title to Should Steven Naismith be sacked? ( merged )