Should Steven Naismith be sacked? ( merged )

David McCaig

Should Steven Naismith be Sacked?  

956 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steven Naismith be Sacked?

1 minute ago, mr fox said:

No way he should be sacked. God give him time but the midfield is seriously worrying me it’s utter brutal. As for Rowles get him out the squad guy is a bombscare. 

He's not showing any leadership, we just keep trying the same thing but with players in different positions. There is no way we should have lost that today, even worse against 10 men. FFS their keeper had one save to make.

I've said it was a mistake and I stand by that.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Pasquale for King

• kingantti1874

I think it may be to early to sack Naismith but I don't think he'll get that long to turn things around. We need to hit the free player market and get at least a couple in, another defender and an attacking midfielder at the very least. If things don't improve, Savage along with Naismith should go. 

Edited by usagi

Just now, usagi said:

I think it may be to early to sack Naismith but I don't think he'll get that long to turn things around. We need to hit the free player market and get at least a couple in, another defender and an attacking midfielder at the very least. If things don't improve, Salvage along with Naismith should go. 

Fixtures get significantly more difficult for the rest of the 1st set of games. Giving him more time will see us near the bottom of the league by the end of October. 

The Sporting Director role should be purely an admin function in relation to any footballing decisions.  Player recruitment has to be fully owned by the Head Coach/Manager, the Sporting Director can fax/photocopy/email the appropriate documentation etc...

5 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

My preference would be a proper external recruitment exercise which appoints a Manager/Head Coach with full responsibility for recruitment as well as team selection.  

The successful appointee also has full authority to bring in his own backroom team.

I agree, but if this was to be done with that external recruitment it would highlight how bad those within the club are. Not that that would be a surprise. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Most of us put a brave face on it and didn't want to be negative but it was an absolutely insane appointment (both the people appointment and the structure) when you consider what we could have had instead. If that was any other team in the league we'd be laughing our tits off. 

Don't agree with changing the sporting director though and giving a manager recruitment power. That's well backwards thinking. 

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Just now, Luckies1874 said:

Fixtures get significantly more difficult for the rest of the 1st set of games. Giving him more time will see us near the bottom of the league by the end of October. 

Vague competence was all that was needed to top the table going into October.

RalphieCifaretto
13 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Should never have been given the job.

Correct. Board need to be decisive and remove them now. It clearly is not working and been found to be totally out his depth. 

Francis Albert

New levels of farce today. Apparently Naismith was called the "Head Coach" on the Tynecastle screens but (repeatedly) the "Techinacal Director" in the Hearts TV coverage. 

No wonder the players look lost.

Because of our ludicrous set up, it is hard to apportion blame, but they all signed up to it.  We either sack all, or none. But laughed at Hibs, and Lee Johnson.  They are only one point behind, though.

The only thing about making a change, is Ann Budge and Co are largely failures that appointing managers and coaches. Utterly clueless.

Edited by Paolo

8 minutes ago, mr fox said:

No way he should be sacked. God give him time but the midfield is seriously worrying me it’s utter brutal. As for Rowles get him out the squad guy is a bombscare. 

Finishing the game with no central midfielders at all was certainly novel, but in my opinion was evidence of being completely out of his depth rather than innovative

12 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Can we change this to "Should the committee be sacked along with Joe Savage?"

Because removing one of them won't solve anything.

Get the feeling that emptying Savage and putting someone in place whose first job is to draw up a short list of potential managers might be a better way to go about things than just emptying Naismith and asking Fox to step up. Either way whats happening now is farcical and the board need to be making plans.

The role of the technical director at a football club is to set and represent the direction and philosophy of the club.

To oil the wheels of success and present the professional image of the club, assisting in player purchase and success.

I give you two such examples, of the positive. Both former hearts players and both put us out of Europe.

Kristof Karapidis 

multi lingual, looks fitter than most hearts players

Jose conclaves 

joe savage

a fat spud fast numpty who spends his time drinking fans under the table and chasing skirt on away trips

So Anne,

this represents you and our values.

we are a mess and it starts from the top down

IMG_0077.jpeg

IMG_0076.jpeg

IMG_0079.jpeg

I'd never have brought Neilson back. But you cannot honestly say things have materially improved since he was rightly emptied. 

Too many of the shitebags that were part of that arsehole prolapse last season are still here stinking out the craphole. 

This really is a complete mess. Four points from 4 games and not faced a club who finished top 6 last season. 

Deeply worrying. Board are so complicit in this shitshow it isn't true. 

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

A staggering amount of revisionism from posters saying he should never have been appointed. The same posters who gave @Tom Hardy’s Dug a hard time are now rushing to agree with him. 

Not all posters. Some of us thought appointing a Lowland League manager with only  7 games experience outside that league was a ludicrous decision. And said so.

Really fed up of us appointing internally or folk already linked to the club. Fair enough Stendel never worked but that was a very weird time. I'd just like to feel like we had tried to push the boat out and think outside the box for an appointment.  The club has never been better backed by the support and I'm just bored of this continual weird cycle of little effort manager choices. 

5 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Because of our ludicrous set up, it is hard to apportion blame, but they all signed up to it.  We either sack al (including Savage)l, or none. But laughed at Hibs, and Lee Johnson.  They are only one point behind, though.

The only thing about making a change, is Ann Budge and Co are largely failures that appointing managers and coaches. Utterly clueless.

1 minute ago, Carter said:

I'd never have brought Neilson back. But you cannot honestly say things have materially improved since he was rightly emptied. 

Too many of the shitebags that were part of that arsehole prolapse last season are still here stinking out the craphole. 

This really is a complete mess. Four points from 4 games and not faced a club who finished top 6 last season. 

Deeply worrying. Board are so complicit in this shitshow it isn't true. 

But Naismith plays thrilling attacking football and leaves all 10 outfield players on the halfway line at corners... its just goals, goals, goals under the new regime.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Not all posters. Some of us thought appointing a Lowland League manager with only  7 games experience outside that league was a ludicrous decision. And said so.

Correct.   

3 wins in 11 in the league. 4 points from 4 games against 4 sides who weren’t in the top 6 last season. They had a full pre season together aswell. Way out his depth. Not even the results the style of play is awful, could you even call it a style? 2 shots on target in 2 games at home against garbage teams. We’ve actually regressed since neilson left. Tin hat on but neilson probably gets a result today

Just now, 151 said:

Beat 1-0 from Dundee and Motherwell without a whimper and folk voting no :facepalm:

What are you expecting? 

off the back of a 0-0 at home v Kilmarnock

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

But Naismith plays thrilling attacking football and leaves all 10 outfield players on the halfway line at corners... its just goals, goals, goals under the new regime.

It was an appointment that sums up the Budge era - easy, cosy and convenient. 

Just now, AC Mallin_51 said:

3 wins in 11 in the league. 4 points from 4 games against 4 sides who weren’t in the top 6 last season. They had a full pre season together aswell. Way out his depth. Not even the results the style of play is awful, could you even call it a style? 2 shots on target in 2 games at home against garbage teams. We’ve actually regressed since neilson left. Tin hat on but neilson probably gets a result today

Since the start of the season we have been back to everyone in our box defending corners and now in the 2nd Half we have even returned to 343.

There is no plan on the pitch. Nothing has changed since Neilson. I'm actually done with this season already. 4 games in and it's clear we are going nowhere. 

Fire_At_The_Disco
Just now, kamikaze jambo said:

Too early. Give them the international break and a few more games to sort it out. If still no improvement, get em oot.

Did ye aye….

Should not be sacked yet,remove the other 2 and give him full responsibility. He will either sink or swim by xmas. First thing he must do, is give the players a proper rocket up the arse and if they don't like it they can leave. No more pussy footing around,they either want to play for Hearts or not. I can accept defeat when the effort is put in,but not this utter tripe being served

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Since the start of the season we have been back to everyone in our box defending corners and now in the 2nd Half we have even returned to 343.

Have rowles or Kent ever crossed the halfway line with the ball at their feet? When Naismith came in I thought yes. He was an attacking player it should transpire into his philosophy, neilson and Levein were defenders and it showed. We look absolutely no better than under them 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Carter said:

It was an appointment that sums up the Budge era - easy, cosy and convenient. 

Yes people is the criteria.

It’s too early to sack him but he needs to sort things smartish. I have no idea why we aren’t playing in the same manner as we were at the end of last season. 

To be honest it feels like exactly the same garbage we were watching before he took over. 

8 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

The role of the technical director at a football club is to set and represent the direction and philosophy of the club.

To oil the wheels of success and present the professional image of the club, assisting in player purchase and success.

I give you two such examples, of the positive. Both former hearts players and both put us out of Europe.

Kristof Karapidis 

Jose conclaves 

joe savage

a fat spud fast numpty who spends his time drinking fans under the table and chasing skirt on away trips

So Anne,

this represents you and our values.

we are a mess and it starts from the top down

IMG_0077.jpeg

IMG_0076.jpeg

IMG_0079.jpeg

I think it certainly helps if you're director of football has been a player like they were.

Knowing this Hearts board they will do something in an effort to appease. It will be half arsed and merely an attempt to try to quieten the commoners rather than something decisive and in the best interests of the football club. Complete arseholes the lot of them. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Should Steven Naismith be sacked? ( merged )