Should Steven Naismith be sacked? ( merged )

David McCaig

Should Steven Naismith be Sacked?  

956 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steven Naismith be Sacked?

Simple question if you think its too early to ask the question answer no.

For me, its time to go, he doesn't have the experience, there has been no bounce from the players and its time for the Board to make a proper externally recruited appointment.

The club has to end this farce now.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Pasquale for King

• kingantti1874

Loved him as a player, and he's probably great as a coach, but he should never have been appointed as the guy in charge.

(neither should McAvoy)

Not just SN but the whole management team needs to go. I'd probably say that Savage and McKinley also need to go. 

Bring in someone that knows how to run a football club first - main priority being on the football side. 

And pay the money to bring in a top quality manager and the team. 

We should never have been in this position in the first place. 

If there was any sort of evidence that we were trying to work towards a certain style of play and it just wasn't quite clicking yet then I'd be willing to give him some time but there is absolutely nothing to suggest that improvement is just around the corner. For me it's time to cut our losses before the season is irrecoverable.

Sack Naismith after 4 league games and we become a laughing stock , not even a half decent manager will touch us

btw I’m not convinced he’s the answer, but it’s far too soon

If and it’s a big if, we then go for a steady experienced manager, we are in no position to appoint experiments or projects.

Someone who knows the job and won’t accept interference from the clown board at Hearts 

Edited by jbee647

Should never have got the job, doesn't even have his badges. Instead of giving him the job when he's ready, he's been handed it too early and it shows.

Experienced manager with clear ideas and a simple approach that players can buy into. We do not need to be playing possession based football at our level. We cannot break teams down anywhere near effectively enough to do it well, so why waste the time?

I'm growing really tired of lurching from one disaster to the next. 

Edit: Just wanted to add, echo the thoughts of others, that a total clear out of the football department, including Lancefield & Savage is looking necessary. Recruitment has left huge gaps in our team, and players like Hof or Grant have utterly failed to fill in any ball playing role as they're simply not good enough. The fact that we've failed to replace Haring for coming up 3 years now is disgraceful. 

Edited by OTT

Geoff Kilpatrick

Can we change this to "Should the committee be sacked along with Joe Savage?"

Because removing one of them won't solve anything.

best in the land
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Should never have been given the job.

Correct.

The decision makers need to follow or this will just continue as it has since budge took over

Given Naismith's lack of experience, there is literally no track record to suggest he is capable of doing better than this.

His managerial Cv shows mediocrity in the Lowland League which earned him a shot at the big job, his audition led to failure in the search for 3rd with just 2 wins, yet somehow this got him the gig permanently, this season has seen just 1 win from 4 in the league and no goals in our last 3 league with barely a shot on goal.

And this is all despite being handed a dream set of opening fixtures which ought to have seen us top of the league on at 10 points after 4 games!!

Too early imo. 

I really didn’t want him as manager (and couldn’t understand why so many did) but the problem in my opinion is we have a desperately poor squad. Weaker than last season in my opinion.

Savage has to go now I think. This was a crucial window and he got

it badly wrong. Our policy of signing unproven quantities from abroad rather than looking in the Scottish market (i understand we actively avoid the Scottish market on the basis clubs ask for more when Hearts come calling).

When you consider arguably our best 5 players have all had success at other Scottish clubs before their current Hearts spell (Gordon, Halkett, Shanks, Boyce and Mackay) maybe we should just pay the premium.

I think we could be in real trouble this season. Motherwell and Killie have both come to Tynecastle and bossed us while 0-0

I think it would be damage limitation. The board probably will, they need a scapegoat but they the ones who have made terrible footballing decisions for years. I'm not sure sacking Naismith changes this, it's just kicking the can down the road until their next bad decision is found out. 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Should also include McAvoy, Forrest and Savage in that question 

Sorry McAvoy and Forrest going should be a given and it really should be the end of Savage.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Sack Naismith after 4 league games and we become a laughing stock , not even a half decent manager will touch us

If and it’s a big if, we go for a steady experienced manager, we are in no position to appoint experiments or projects.

Someone who knows the job and won’t accept interference from the clown board at Hearts 

I’m sure we’re already a laughing stock.

AlphonseCapone
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

This. No point voting in this poll, far too simplistic.

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Correct

My preference would be a proper external recruitment exercise which appoints a Manager/Head Coach with full responsibility for recruitment as well as team selection.  

The successful appointee also has full authority to bring in his own backroom team.

Next 7 games, 1 is the league cup. I'm not really seeing any positive results. 

We have hibs, Celtic, Rangers in Oct. If he's not sacked now then likely after those games. 

No way he should be sacked. God give him time but the midfield is seriously worrying me it’s utter brutal. As for Rowles get him out the squad guy is a bombscare. 

Jambof3tornado
7 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

This. Didnt blow anyone awsy as caretaker,not qualified but budge n co gave him the job. End this now or the season will be over before the end of September!!!!

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

My preference would be a proper external recruitment exercise which appoints a Manager/Head Coach with full responsibility for recruitment as well as team selection.  

The successful appointee also has full authority to bring in his own backroom team.

This. Get savage and co out. 

6 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

Why? 

Cause they appointed an experienced guy on the basis of nothing really.

I say this not cause I want to either but there is nothing there no identity to our play at all we already seem rudderless.

Edited by vegas-voss

4 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

If and it’s a big if, we then go for a steady experienced manager, we are in no position to appoint experiments or projects.

Its 11 league games and after the most minimal of progress, we are now going backwards at a rate of knots.

Its clearly not working and its not as if we are just not getting the breaks, the football is turgid and he has shown no capacity to make brave decisions in relation to underperforming players like Kye Rowles.

There is literally zero evidence to defend either his appointment or continuing.

For goodness sake even the late departed Wee Lee had an unbeaten record against him!!

The problem is that if they were all to be sacked, who would be in charge of appointing their replacements, the same idiots who appointed them in the first place. People can argue all they want about this player, that player, this job title, that job title, it matters not a jot, because we have a group of people running this club who are clueless as to all things football. Their record is shocking and is costing the club a fortune. 

9 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

This.

Need to act quickly now whilst it's early enough to do something about it.

Not just Naismith though- those further up (Savage and McKinley) have questions to answer.

9 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

In a nutshell.

I was one who was quite excited by his appointment. Observing him in his interim spell he looked motivated and full of juice on the touchline. He now looks clueless and sounds boring as **** in his interviews.

• davemclaren changed the title to Should Steven Naismith be sacked? ( merged )