Should Steven Naismith be sacked? ( merged )

David McCaig

Should Steven Naismith be Sacked?  

956 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steven Naismith be Sacked?

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

Steven Naismith correctly diagnosed our problem under Neilson (needless caution and not taking the initiative to win the game) and immediately found a solution againt Ross County and Aberdeen.

We have no public explanation for why that aggressive, direct approach hasn't been maintained. This summer's signings have been a mixed bag so far but the players are not inferior to most of the league.

He has the correct diagnosis and should get on with applying it to every game.

I feel he’s tried to be too smart. Diagnosed the problem then tried to tailor it by making changes which make no sense.  E.g everyone back for corners. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Pasquale for King

• kingantti1874

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I feel he’s tried to be too smart. Diagnosed the problem then tried to tailor it by making changes which make no sense.  E.g everyone back for corners. 

He’s finding his way, trying to find solutions, he has and will make mistakes, and so have the players, countless times this season.

The expectations (3rd) are not met, then it’s going to cost him and any manager who comes after him their job, that’s where we are, so we could be looking for one, if not two new managers every season if that’s the case.

3 hours ago, By The Light.. said:

Hope we put in decent performance against Rangers twice (fully expect to get horsed though) then beat Livi convincingly and continue like that at Motherwell away on 11th.

However we are 3 points of 11th on 11 points today and its only 50/50 in my opinion that we have more than 11 points at 5pm on 11th Nov.

I hope for 17 points but...

I think you'll get much better odds than 50/50 on Hearts to lose their next 3 league games. So if you really believe that we are only 50/50 to pick-up at least a point from those games the odds are very much in your favour.

In fact I've just checked and the odds of Livi to beat us are almost 4/1 so the odds of us losing all three will be very long. Time to get your wallet out.

19 hours ago, spirt of 98 said:

That’s cause most Hearts fans are pant wetters with no loyalty to club legends. 

Most Hearts fans????🤣

5 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

Steven Naismith correctly diagnosed our problem under Neilson (needless caution and not taking the initiative to win the game) and immediately found a solution againt Ross County and Aberdeen.

We have no public explanation for why that aggressive, direct approach hasn't been maintained. This summer's signings have been a mixed bag so far but the players are not inferior to most of the league.

👏 👏 👏 

12 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

Pretty sums it up for me. The difference between last season and this is stark. If he can’t sort it out he will be gone. 

11 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

I think you'll get much better odds than 50/50 on Hearts to lose their next 3 league games. So if you really believe that we are only 50/50 to pick-up at least a point from those games the odds are very much in your favour.

In fact I've just checked and the odds of Livi to beat us are almost 4/1 so the odds of us losing all three will be very long. Time to get your wallet out.

13/2 for Rangers, Livvi, Rangers treble. 

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

It's easy, after Ross county other teams didn't play the way they did, 2 up top and open v us at Tynecastle. 

No idea why that needed  an explanation .

Ross county are also generally poor v us. 

Aberdeen,  well look at them at Tynecastle under any manager recently and you'll see a pattern for them.

( we are the same in Aberdeen). We beat them 5-0 the same season at home.

Of folk backed Naismith after 1 game v Ross county thinking this will be us them they are beyond reasoning.

Ex member of the SaS
16 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's easy, after Ross county other teams didn't play the way they did, 2 up top and open v us at Tynecastle. 

No idea why that needed  an explanation .

Ross county are also generally poor v us. 

Aberdeen,  well look at them at Tynecastle under any manager recently and you'll see a pattern for them.

( we are the same in Aberdeen). We beat them 5-0 the same season at home.

Of folk backed Naismith after 1 game v Ross county thinking this will be us them they are beyond reasoning.

Another load of bollox about there being two teams on the park. There are two teams in every game that's the rules. It's the managers job to WIN games and if EN can't do that, then get a manager who knows what he is doing from day one and not someone learning on the job.

If you were getting a new Kitchen/bathroom would you go to a reputable firm or just someone who say I can do that!

We are to big a club to be messing about with rookie managers and should have learned that lesson with Cathro.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

Another load of bollox about there being two teams on the park. There are two teams in every game that's the rules. It's the managers job to WIN games and if EN can't do that, then get a manager who knows what he is doing from day one and not someone learning on the job.

If you were getting a new Kitchen/bathroom would you go to a reputable firm or just someone who say I can do that!

We are to big a club to be messing about with rookie managers and should have learned that lesson with Cathro.

Aye but there is 2 managers,  they both can't win.

Your opening two lines are in complete contradiction of each other.

As I said, if you thought every game was gonna be like Ross county then you were daft or new to football. 

Loads of big clubs have had or have  Rookie managers,  some far bigger than us.

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye but there is 2 managers,  they both can't win.

Your opening two lines are in complete contradiction of each other.

As I said, if you thought every game was gonna be like Ross county then you were daft or new to football. 

Loads of big clubs have had or have  Rookie managers,  some far bigger than us.

No point arguing with you as no matter what is posted you come back with nothing constructive. Jog on.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

No point arguing with you as no matter what is posted you come back with nothing constructive. Jog on.

It's just logic. 

You state every sport is two teams then state it's the managers job to win.

Think about that....

My explanation on the "why every game wasn't like the 6-1 Ross county game was perfectly reasonable.

You just ignored that.

And imo if you thought they were going to be-  you were daft.

There is probably no point in you arguing with me as you rarely debate logic or facts and are bit too emotional and aggressive and you often have little substance behind most of your points.

Ex member of the SaS
4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's just logic. 

You state every sport is two teams then state it's the managers job to win.

Think about that....

My explanation on the "why every game wasn't like the 6-1 Ross county game was perfectly reasonable.

You just ignored that.

And imo if you thought they were going to be-  you were daft.

There is probably no point in you arguing with me as you rarely debate logic or facts and are bit too emotional and aggressive and you often have little substance behind most of your points.

oooh Get her. You never once give any constructive points and simply slag off virtually every poster. You must have a very sad life.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

oooh Get her. You never once give any constructive points and simply slag off virtually every poster. You must have a very sad life.

Another one that ignores the debate and slags folk.

As I said- emotional, aggressive and on this I stand corrected- no substance.