Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

Let's hope we can clear out some of the bog standard sh*te at the club in January.

Very, very much needed. Far too many who are just eating up a wage and need moved on ASAP.

Who would you get rid of?

2 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Let's hope we can clear out some of the bog standard sh*te at the club in January.

Easier said than done especially those on decent wages. We’ll need to take a hit to move some on. 

Just now, Chimp said:

Very, very much needed. Far too many who are just eating up a wage and need moved on ASAP.

Who would you get rid of?

In no particular order I'd get rid of:

McGovern (we don't need 4 goalkeepers in the squad)

Sibbick

Offiah

Grant

Halliday

Undecided on Haring but we could afford to let him go.

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Easier said than done especially those on decent wages. We’ll need to take a hit to move some on. 

I reckon it's a hit we'll need to take. 

Just now, AndyNic said:

Sibbick

Offiah

Grant

Halliday

That's exactly who I'd choose too. Haring a definite, he's finished. 

Offiah I don't think will be returning regardless due to his health scares. Quite liked the look of him as well.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Sibbick

Offiah

Grant

Halliday

I think you need to wait until we see where Craig is before launching McGovern. Agree on the other 4

5 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Sibbick

Offiah

Grant

Halliday

McGovern is probably only here to cover for Gordon's absense.

Just now, cjay99 said:

From the gossip column today - Kevin Van Veen wants to come back to the UK. Surely a no-brainer - even more so if Shanks were to get sold. 

Saw that. Definitely worthwhile signing til the end of the season on loan if Shankland were to go yeah. 33 in the summer though so wouldn't be paying money to get him here permanently.

10 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

I reckon it's a hit we'll need to take. 

Yep totally agree and with your list. Some decent wages to be freed up there let’s hope some of them actually playing some football elsewhere for their money. 

7 minutes ago, cjay99 said:

From the gossip column today - Kevin Van Veen wants to come back to the UK. Surely a no-brainer - even more so if Shanks were to get sold. 

Absolutely. See if we can get a loan deal if Shanks needs to be sold. 

9 minutes ago, cjay99 said:

Not for me, 33 year old and had about 1 decent season at our level. Not worth the wages. 

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Sibbick

Offiah

Grant

Halliday

I think McGovern will stay, as Lord Beni says you dont know how Gordon will be, also I suspect he may have another role at the club planned in the near future, just a hunch based on the fact he got a option of a year on his contract.

I think we will only get rid of one of Offiah and Sibbick (unless we get a great offer for Sibbick.) Agree with Halliday (suspect it will be a loan) and think Haring will go on loan for six months (people have suggested St Johnstone and I think that seems likely.)

Grant I am not sure of, he seems to be a good player to bring on to add a bit of a creative spark. But if he is wanting game time then he is better going.

Just now, Dazo said:

Not for me, 33 year old and had about 1 decent season at our level. Not worth the wages. 

He's 32 but yeah I never got the hype about him to be honest. He's an intelligent player and decent enough but his scoring record in England where he'd been most of his career before joining Motherwell was pretty poor.  He'd be good cover if we were to lose Shankland or Boyce but nothing more than that IMO.

5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think McGovern will stay, as Lord Beni says you dont know how Gordon will be, also I suspect he may have another role at the club planned in the near future, just a hunch based on the fact he got a option of a year on his contract.

I think we will only get rid of one of Offiah and Sibbick (unless we get a great offer for Sibbick.) Agree with Halliday (suspect it will be a loan) and think Haring will go on loan for six months (people have suggested St Johnstone and I think that seems likely.)

Grant I am not sure of, he seems to be a good player to bring on to add a bit of a creative spark. But if he is wanting game time then he is better going.

I reckon Offiah will go back to Brighton through no choice of our own. No chance we'll get a great offer for Sibbick and I'd be happy to see him leave for a minimal fee to free up wages. He'll cost us more in mistakes.

2 minutes ago, Chimp said:

He's 32 but yeah I never got the hype about him to be honest. He's an intelligent player and decent enough but his scoring record in England where he'd been most of his career before joining Motherwell was pretty poor.  He'd be good cover if we were to lose Shankland or Boyce but nothing more than that IMO.

I’d be pretty disappointed if we replaced Shankland with Van Veen to be honest. 

Just now, Dazo said:

That's why I said a loan til end of the season. To find a proper replacement for Shankland in the January transfer window would be a pretty tough task. The chances of that would be very slim so I wouldn't be having your expectations set too high.

Just now, Chimp said:

That's why I said a loan til end of the season. To find a proper replacement for Shankland in the January transfer window would be a pretty tough task. The chances of that would be very slim so I wouldn't be having your expectations set too high.

Aye fair enough, hopefully something we don’t have to worry about. Maybe the fact he is already selling his arse to rangers is putting be off. 

4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Absolutely. I don't see KVV as a long term replacement for Shankland. He does know the league though and has a great scoring record in it. Someone who could tide us over at least until summer as a minimum. If it were a loan too and it doesn't work out, then no harm done either I guess. 

1 minute ago, cjay99 said:

Absolutely. I don't see KVV as a long term replacement for Shankland. He does know the league though and has a great scoring record in it. Someone who could tide us over at least until summer as a minimum. If it were a loan too and it doesn't work out, then no harm done either I guess. 

He was good last year but bang average the year before and every other year I think. Just don’t fancy him to be honest and isn’t remotely close to shankland. 

26 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Sibbick

Offiah

Grant

Halliday

I'd be keeping McGovern if he's adding to the training.  I know we have 2 experienced goalies, but if he's a good "type" not against him just upping the standards on a daily basis.

Sibbick only goes for a decent wedge.  Wouldn't be gutted as such if he went but Id seriously question "getting rid".  Grant has shown he has a part to play even if it's a bit part.  I'd keep him around.  Kinda guy I'd hope Pollock and Tait can overtake but Pollock's injured and Tait untested as yet, so for me Grant stays unless we replace.  Want the strongest squad we can even if that means guys sitting in the stand.  Let's leave nowt to chance this season.

Offiah, not sure what he adds in truth. Decent kid, tries hard, could be a good player.  Not sure we need him.  Especially if we recruit at RB (and Natty will be back).

Halliday.  Fire him out a cannon.

Haring, love big Pete but he has looked a shadow at times. Don't know, frankly.  Happy either way I;d say.

I can't see us selling Shankland in January as there's no way Rangers will pay what he's valued at. Can't see another European side paying good money for him after his failed stint at Beerschot so that realistically only leaves the Championship or a random Saudi bid (if the rumours were ever true), but I think if a club in those leagues really wanted him they'd have put in an offer in the summer. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I'd be keeping McGovern if he's adding to the training.  I know we have 2 experienced goalies, but if he's a good "type" not against him just upping the standards on a daily basis.

Sibbick only goes for a decent wedge.  Wouldn't be gutted as such if he went but Id seriously question "getting rid".  Grant has shown he has a part to play even if it's a bit part.  I'd keep him around.  Kinda guy I'd hope Pollock and Tait can overtake but Pollock's injured and Tait untested as yet, so for me Grant stays unless we replace.  Want the strongest squad we can even if that means guys sitting in the stand.  Let's leave nowt to chance this season.

Offiah, not sure what he adds in truth. Decent kid, tries hard, could be a good player.  Not sure we need him.  Especially if we recruit at RB (and Natty will be back).

Halliday.  Fire him out a cannon.

Haring, love big Pete but he has looked a shadow at times. Don't know, frankly.  Happy either way I;d say.

image.jpeg

Good to hear we are gonna bring in another right back.

As for players out, other than Gordon, Kingsley, Shankland, wouldn't be bothered if anyone leaves.

2 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Good to hear we are gonna bring in another right back.

As for players out, other than Gordon, Kingsley, Shankland, wouldn't be bothered if anyone leaves.

Surely Beni makes the cut no?

8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Let's get Riku Handa done before the window opens. 

Is he back playing after his injury?  Didn't he break his bloody shin bone or something?

4 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Surely Beni makes the cut no?

Not saying I want rid of others as such, just wouldn't be bothered if they left either.  Beni in that category.  From what I've read, he's away in summer anyway.

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Is he back playing after his injury?  Didn't he break his bloody shin bone or something?

He played 90 mins 11 days ago. Decent recovery because I'm pretty sure it was a bad one.

jamboinglasgow
43 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Balls on the line, before he has gone so public, the right back is already signed and it will be the Japanese player they were after in the summer, hence we took Offiah on loan.

Yeah, I do think we signed Offiah as the view was for him to be a stop gap till January when we believed we would sign a proper right back, where Offiah would then move to focus on centre back. I do feel that we will be back in for Handa, but would not be surprised if we have a different right back lined up.

The amount of people wanting Sibbick out.  Look he's made mistakes, he's not a 1st choice.  But do we honestly think he needs shipped out!?!?!?  It's madness.

I mean, how good do we expect our bench to be!?  When Halks is back, he's, what? 5th choice CH.  With Nat back, he's 2nd choice RWB, 3rd if we sign another, but one who may need to settle (if it's Handa).

It's like folk think every player has to be our best player.

IMO of course.

I'd be wanting bare minimum £500k for Toby.

jamboinglasgow
14 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

He is back and currently away with the Japan U22s with Oda. So get Oda sweet talking him.

5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

The amount of people wanting Sibbick out.  Look he's made mistakes, he's not a 1st choice.  But do we honestly think he needs shipped out!?!?!?  It's madness.

I mean, how good do we expect our bench to be!?  When Halks is back, he's, what? 5th choice CH.  With Nat back, he's 2nd choice RWB, 3rd if we sign another, but one who may need to settle (if it's Handa).

IMO of course.

I wouldn't be chasing him out the door, but for me, if we get an offer (didn't we supposedly turn down 1M for him in a previous window?), then we should consider whether we could use the money to bring in someone better?

20 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Not saying I want rid of others as such, just wouldn't be bothered if they left either.  Beni in that category.  From what I've read, he's away in summer anyway.

Fair enough. What's the source of this Beni rumour? Seen it mentioned a couple of times but there's been nothing credible about that rumour at all.

1 minute ago, Chimp said:

Fair enough. What's the source of this Beni rumour? Seen it mentioned a couple of times but there's been nothing credible about that rumour at all.

Just I've seen on here from a poster - I'm sure you'll have seen same

1 minute ago, HopeDiouf said:

I wouldn't be chasing him out the door, but for me, if we get an offer (didn't we supposedly turn down 1M for him in a previous window?), then we should consider whether we could use the money to bring in someone better?

Yes, agreed.  Just being on the same list as Halliday in a "get rid" fashion, I'm not on board with.  Sell and replace, not against it.  He's still young for a defender mind you and if he clicks it all together, could be a right good player. Time ticking on doing that in maroon sadly, cos I like the lad.

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yes, agreed.  Just being on the same list as Halliday in a "get rid" fashion, I'm not on board with.  Sell and replace, not against it.  He's still young for a defender mind you and if he clicks it all together, could be a right good player. Time ticking on doing that in maroon sadly, cos I like the lad.

I like him too.He has all the physical attributes.  And good on the ball.  But the frequency of brain fart moments are a problem.

Edited by HopeDiouf

7 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

IMO of course.

Simply, yes!

It's not one or two odd mistakes. He's a bombscare. He's been played in almost every position except striker and doesn't look comfortable anywhere. There's a reason there's so much debate about what his best position is, people don't know because he doesn't actually have one. We all (myself included) wanted him to be a great player for us, unfortunately he's not. You can't keep persevering with a player forever, he's had plenty opportunities to show what he can do and cement himself into the starting 11.

500K would be fantastic business if a club were mad enough to pay that for him.

6 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Was nowhere near £1M. 

5 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Just I've seen on here from a poster - I'm sure you'll have seen same

Certainly wouldn't be believing it just because someone on here said that.

3 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Was nowhere near £1M. 

I did find the 1M figure hard to belive but thought thats what we claimed we turned down - my memory may be playing tricks. :)

Edit : yes - my memory is wrong looks like it was 400k

Edited by HopeDiouf

Just now, Chimp said:

Certainly wouldn't be believing it just because someone on here said that.

I've generally found the poster in question to be reliable, but agree in general

Just now, HopeDiouf said:

I've generally found the poster in question to be reliable, but agree in general

Fair dos, just don't get how anyone on here would know about conversations between Beni and the club. It would also be bizarre for Beni to tell the club he's offski already.

Either way I hope he signs a new deal, would be typical of us to lose one of our best assets for nowt.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***