***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***

dazajmbo

GorgieFifeLife
On 08/11/2023 at 21:48, kingantti1874 said:

the same nieuwenhof and devlin who totally dominated the same hibs midfield only weeks ago? Or did Toby sibbicks **** up make you forget all of that.

hibs were well in control bar a couple of brain farts.  Yet O’Hara now walks into the hearts team?

🤣

O’Hara is light years ahead of anything in our midfield.  Devlin🤦🏻🤣

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

We need to get ourselves down the the English leagues and find ourselves another Michael Smith.

Agree. The decision to replace a solid pro who had played over 200 games for the club with a kid who had little more than 100 minutes of first team action was absolutely scandalous.  The guy is never a right back.

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, andrew said:

Agree. The decision to replace a solid pro who had played over 200 games for the club with a kid who had little more than 100 minutes of first team action was absolutely scandalous.  The guy is never a right back.

Couldn’t disagree more, Atkinson was excellent this season before his injury! Offensively and defensively .

offers much more than smith can now. 

we did need another right back to fight with natty especially given he seems to struggle to stay fit 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Couldn’t disagree more, Atkinson was excellent this season before his injury! Offensively and defensively .

we did need another right back to fight with natty especially given he seems to struggle to stay fit 

Aki was decent and much improved this season.

Not sure he was excellent.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aki was decent and much improved this season.

Not sure he was excellent.

much better than Michael smith has been for 2 years. Love mikey. Absolutely finished as a right back. 

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Atkinson has been much improved but we need competition for places  he was never going to play 90 minutes of every game this season.  The signing of Offiah has been a disaster, so much so that our manager prefers to play someone bereft of confidence out of position instead of him.

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, andrew said:

Atkinson has been much improved but we need competition for places  he was never going to play 90 minutes of every game this season.  The signing of Offiah has been a disaster, so much so that our manager prefers to play someone bereft of confidence out of position instead of him.

agreed.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

much better than Michael smith has been for 2 years. Love mikey. Absolutely finished as a right back. 

Disagree,  but he ho.

The guy running the length of the pitch to smash in half volleys in 5-0 wins just as recent as jan/Feb was finished.

I like Aki, but no idea why folk have to slag one of our own when praising another.

7 hours ago, Russ1977 said:

I watched a bit of their game against hibs and strain looked very dodgy defensively. I’m not overly convinced he’d be an improvement on natty. 

Doesn't need to be an improvement - just needs to do a job in his absence. 

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Doesn't need to be an improvement - just needs to do a job in his absence. 

Natty will be back soon enough so I can’t see the point in signing someone that’s not an improvement on him. 

3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Get Beni, Mckay and Shanks contract extended.

The best news in the world would be finding out Shanks has signed an extension. 

I just see those slippery vulture ***** in Govan making sure he won't do that... as they proved with Lafferty is almost more about making sure other clubs don't have good players, than actually signing a player they genuinely want. 

We should have got a contract extension agreed in the summer. Shanks has a natural finishing ability which is on a level of its own. If Savage has slept on this, he's a ****ing idiot. We need to be proactive about protecting our best assets, and Shankland is undoubtedly our best. 

I'm praying we have a 1 year option to extend tucked away and Joe Savage transfer guru has pulled a blinder. We paid a hefty fee for him (for a club that generally doesn't pay more than a token fee) so I would hope that we approached that from a getting the best deal for the club perspective. FWIW, we knew nothing about the years extension with Devlin, so I'm really hoping Savage has done this with all players -Devlin, Beni, Cochrane, Sibbick, Atkinson, Shankalnd, Callem. 

I wouldn't have any reservations about blowing the top off our wage structure to make sure he commits to the club.  The prospect of watching Shanks run his contract down and toddle off to Ibrox is too depressing a thought to deal with. 

56 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

We should make the most of Livi imploding. Plenty good players in their squad 

Who would you take from Livi if given the chance? 

Nouble is potentially a decent squad player, likewise Obileye could be a solid 3rd choice CB option. Stephen Kelly could be decent too in fairness. 

Not sure they have anyone that would break into our starting 11 though. 

Shift Haring and Halliday for a start.

Replace with a midfielder who has a different skill set to Beni, Devlin and Nieuwenhof. A powerful runner with a good passing range type. 

Tie down Beni on a new deal asap. 

We’re unlikely to get Lowry back next season. Jorge Grant another who could be on the way out next summer I reckon. He’s been decent I think but might not be satisfied with game time plus he is upgradable. Get Yan Dhanda on a pre-contract sorted would be sensible. 

Right back clearly an upgradable position. Atkinson has yet to live up to his potential. Sibbick whilst did well today off the bench isn’t a long-term solution. Sent Offiah back to Brighton. Ryan Strain is a good player who is available on a pre-contract. However he seems to only really suit a wing back role in a 3. 

Clearly we are reliant on Shankland to get the goals. Boyce doesn’t score enough. Oda, Tagawa and Vargas don’t have the numbers either. An area we need to be monitoring. 

22 hours ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

We need to get ourselves down the the English leagues and find ourselves another Michael Smith.

Not a Smith-like player but someone I've mentioned on more than one occasion is Dan Kemp at Swindon. On loan from MK Dons. His goal scoring record is fantastic. An attacking midfielder who can play on the left, through the middle or right.

16 starts, 9 goals, 5 assists. Proven goalscorer every team he's played for. Admittedly from the lower leagues, but the kind of player we are crying out for. Use Grant as a cash/swap potentially. 

Agree with many of the comments on here.

I'd look to sign a quality RB / RWB to compete with Natty, and a creative midfielder who is a significant upgrade on Grant. Lowry won't be around forever and we could use some competition for that role now. 

Halliday and Grant can move on. Possibly Haring too. 

Two in, two to three out. And make sure the two in are top tier.

Looks to me like we need a RB/RWB to come in. 

Other positions would require us to move people on so I guess if we're able to do that then we might see others come in. 

I think moving certain players on will be difficult as we'll be paying them a good wage and other interested teams are unlikely going to be able to match that so we might be stuck with them until their contacts expire. So I'm not expecting many players to come in during January.

I also wouldn't be rushing to give out new contracts to players who have been out for over a year. 

Would take a big #9 in the window as another option, if budget allows. 

As others have said, would take another RB. 

Aside from that, it would be looking out for anyone of such quality they would push out a current starter- which is probably a long shot in the winter window. 

Ramon Pasqual Lundqvist could be an interesting replacement for Grant. Swede who has played in the top leagues in Holland and Greece and is currently on a one year deal with Sarpsborg at Norway. Looks decent on the ball, good set piece delivery and quite physical.

9 minutes ago, Pingu said:

Ramon Pasqual Lundqvist could be an interesting replacement for Grant. Swede who has played in the top leagues in Holland and Greece and is currently on a one year deal with Sarpsborg at Norway. Looks decent on the ball, good set piece delivery and quite physical.

Nice spot 👍

RWB/RB

CM - solid, physical, range of passing

CF - In the mould of Simms. Loan would be OK. Mobile, physical, finisher.

Halliday and Haring will see out their contracts. Could move on Grant and Sibbick if possible.

21 hours ago, OTT said:

The best news in the world would be finding out Shanks has signed an extension. 

I just see those slippery vulture ***** in Govan making sure he won't do that... as they proved with Lafferty is almost more about making sure other clubs don't have good players, than actually signing a player they genuinely want. 

We should have got a contract extension agreed in the summer. Shanks has a natural finishing ability which is on a level of its own. If Savage has slept on this, he's a ****ing idiot. We need to be proactive about protecting our best assets, and Shankland is undoubtedly our best. 

I'm praying we have a 1 year option to extend tucked away and Joe Savage transfer guru has pulled a blinder. We paid a hefty fee for him (for a club that generally doesn't pay more than a token fee) so I would hope that we approached that from a getting the best deal for the club perspective. FWIW, we knew nothing about the years extension with Devlin, so I'm really hoping Savage has done this with all players -Devlin, Beni, Cochrane, Sibbick, Atkinson, Shankalnd, Callem. 

I wouldn't have any reservations about blowing the top off our wage structure to make sure he commits to the club.  The prospect of watching Shanks run his contract down and toddle off to Ibrox is too depressing a thought to deal with. 

I thought that's were our benefactors  would help out! 

Ricardo Quaresma
On 11/11/2023 at 12:39, andrew said:

On 11/11/2023 at 21:56, Russ1977 said:

Natty will be back soon enough so I can’t see the point in signing someone that’s not an improvement on him. 

If we'd have signed someone already then we'd have had backup since he got injured?

8 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

If we'd have signed someone already then we'd have had backup since he got injured?

8 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

We signed Offiah as cover but unfortunately he’s had his health issues. 

I would really like us to look at the Eastern European leagues - Slovak, Czech, Serb, Croatian etc. 

Think there are some real gems in those leagues that could improve us and not require the same investment of time and energy that bringing in these Japanese players does. 

One we might want to look at is Matúš Rusnák who seems to be a right wing back. Might be a cheaper and potentially better option than trying to get Ryan Strain - added bonus of him not being Australian, so I doubt Natty would get too unsettled by it - where as if we went for Strain it wouldn't just be his club place up for grabs!!

12 minutes ago, OTT said:

I would really like us to look at the Eastern European leagues - Slovak, Czech, Serb, Croatian etc. 

Think there are some real gems in those leagues that could improve us and not require the same investment of time and energy that bringing in these Japanese players does. 

One we might want to look at is Matúš Rusnák who seems to be a right wing back. Might be a cheaper and potentially better option than trying to get Ryan Strain - added bonus of him not being Australian, so I doubt Natty would get too unsettled by it - where as if we went for Strain it wouldn't just be his club place up for grabs!!

Agreed. Eastern European players have a bit of aggro about them - and we need it. I really hope we’re looking there as more adaptable to Scottish league 

gorgierulesapply88
4 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Agreed. Eastern European players have a bit of aggro about them - and we need it. I really hope we’re looking there as more adaptable to Scottish league 

Struna, never had anything about him he was jobbies.

Tibor Halilovic - 28yo cousin of Alen, who was meant to be the next Messi.

Looks a cracking player with great close control and quick feet. Always turning towards goal and looking to attack. Croatian market is under-utilised in my opinion and there are some blinding players over there. 

Contract with Dinamo Zagreb expires at the end of the season and seems to have dropped to the bench, so might be available. 

On 13/11/2023 at 08:42, Baxfee said:

Barasa had a bit of aggression but not much football. 

Central Midfield is the key area we need to recruit in.

Lowry is a no win situation, if he plays well there will be daily stories about Sevco recalling him. If not then we need to replace him. Either way we need to be prepared.

I have lost patience with Grant, we are not making progress there. Halliday and Haring are out of favour. So we need probably two high quality midfielders who can pass the ball and create chances. That has been the failure of recent years with players like Kiomourtzoglou coming and going.

We also need to figure out whether we can rely on Offiah, if not he needs replaced.

We don't know what we have with Tagawa so we may need a forward but I wouldn't sign someone for the sake of it.

On 11/11/2023 at 20:22, Bazzas right boot said:

They need to move on this,get it sorted.

5 minutes ago, ford donald said:

They need to move on this,get it sorted.

Wait until they get the hand wash for the hotel rooms sorted out!

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Wait until they get the hand wash for the hotel rooms sorted out!

Probably do both at the same time, different departments.

Businesses and even individuals often muti task.

Try it- try filling this forum up with shite and something else rather fan just the former.

You'll then be a multi tasker.

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Probably do both at the same time, different departments.

Businesses and even individuals often muti task.

Try it- try filling this forum up with shite and something else rather fan just the former.

You'll then be a multi tasker.

🙏🏻

19 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Right back is a must. Rest can wait till we move players on.

How I feel too.

And a hard as nails midfielder.

Lowry also won't make it at sevco.

pettigrewsstylist

Dissapointingly, same wish list for me as last couple of windows. 

CB

RWB/RB

CAM

Pacy striker.

Would stretch to a Bruiser No9 for variety to squad also. 

Big window for the recruitment team.

Get it wrong again and it must be a p45 time.

Pacy striker and a power striker.

Box to box midfielder

RB.

Celtic are apparently keen on the Japanese boy Okunuki we were looking at during the summer that ended up going to Nurnberg. Doubt we'd have been back in for him anyway but even less likely now. 

Absolute Scenes

Looks like a Scottish club are tracking Ryan Kent for a loan. Really hope it’s us. Despite who he played for previously and how that ended,  he’d walk into our first team

Absolute Scenes
7 hours ago, Jamboross said:

Celtic are apparently keen on the Japanese boy Okunuki we were looking at during the summer that ended up going to Nurnberg. Doubt we'd have been back in for him anyway but even less likely now. 

Annoying to read. He’s obviously got something if they are keeping tabs on him. He really should be a hearts player, and I hope it’s one that haunts Savage and his team for not getting done

2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Looks like a Scottish club are tracking Ryan Kent for a loan. Really hope it’s us. Despite who he played for previously and how that ended,  he’d walk into our first team

Unless either him or his club are willing to take a huge hit in the pocket I’d say ****ing no chance we or any   Scottish club is looking to sign him

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

How many teams could boast 2 Kents?

Be back to Rangers, we are not affording him and he will want to play higher

Malinga the Swinga
On 11/11/2023 at 19:22, Bazzas right boot said:

Do you honestly think the club aren't aware of contracts running down and aren't trying to get extensions sorted out?

Do people really think that Hearts sit there then suddenly realise that players contracts expire the next day?

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Do you honestly think the club aren't aware of contracts running down and aren't trying to get extensions sorted out?

Do people really think that Hearts sit there then suddenly realise that players contracts expire the next day?

Nah, it's about the 10th point on the agenda at the tea and scone mornings.

Right after hotel carpets and women's team are discussed.

That's how it works, Ken like.

But, getting these 3 tied down would be the best bit of transfer business in the window imo, so that is why I mentioned it on a transfer window thread, so un twist your panties.

Everyone also knows we are lookng at transfers, should we just not discuss it?

Feel free to avoid such discussions.

Absolute Scenes
30 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Unless either him or his club are willing to take a huge hit in the pocket I’d say ****ing no chance we or any   Scottish club is looking to sign him

Never say never. He might look at us as an opportunity to get his career back on track. 
It’s definitely not Hibs though as their manager has just come out and said they’re nae cash to spend 😂

23 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

How many teams could boast 2 Kents?

Be back to Rangers, we are not affording him and he will want to play higher

Kent, Clark Kent. Make it happen

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***