***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***

dazajmbo

46 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Baccus yes. Armstrong would cost a bit he’s on a 3 year deal that he signed towards the end of last season.

I think Baccus and Strain may be out our reach in all honesty. Baccus especially has been very good for Australia and i see the sad old story of PNE* blowing any Scottish interest out the water

*or some other carbon copy shitty english town club

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Baccus yes. Armstrong would cost a bit he’s on a 3 year deal that he signed towards the end of last season.

Armstrong would be a great signing, as you say though, that contract extension has probably snookered that - why the hell his agent would advise him to sign that is insane. 

Even if the money at Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen isn't significantly more, he'd be in a better team with more chance to showcase his talent. 

What’s the boy O’Hara at St Mirren contract situation. He looks a tidy player and would be a good replacement for Haring and would keep Devlin and Neiwenhof out of the team. 

RustyRightPeg
36 minutes ago, OTT said:

Armstrong would be a great signing, as you say though, that contract extension has probably snookered that - why the hell his agent would advise him to sign that is insane. 

Even if the money at Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen isn't significantly more, he'd be in a better team with more chance to showcase his talent. 

I said this a couple of weeks ago. McInnes is getting the best out of him and he’s bounced around clubs the last few years. Maybe wants a bit of stability, which I can’t grudge. 

1 hour ago, Rods said:

What’s the boy O’Hara at St Mirren contract situation. He looks a tidy player and would be a good replacement for Haring and would keep Devlin and Neiwenhof out of the team. 

He scored tonight mate👍

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Rods said:

the same nieuwenhof and devlin who totally dominated the same hibs midfield only weeks ago? Or did Toby sibbicks **** up make you forget all of that.

hibs were well in control bar a couple of brain farts.  Yet O’Hara now walks into the hearts team?

🤣

Edited by kingantti1874

9 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

the same nieuwenhof and devlin who totally dominated the same hibs midfield only weeks ago? Or did Toby sibbicks **** up make you forget all of that.

hibs were well in control bar a couple of brain farts.  Yet O’Hara now walks into the hearts team?

🤣

As far as I have seen O’Hara is consistently good unlike Devlin and Nienwhof who are up and down. 

I assume you forget the Celtic game when Niewenhof stood and watched as O’reilly made a run that ended up being a goal.

I am not going to nit pick on individual errors as there is probably to many. O’Hara for me would be consistent. 

No potential sell on fee and not from another league so won’t get signed as it will not suit Savages MO

11 hours ago, OTT said:

personal opinion but scouts won't particularly differentiate Armstrong playing for Killie / the sheep / hibs / us. To them, it's either a player for the ugly sisters or just an also ran team in the SPFL.

10 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I said this a couple of weeks ago. McInnes is getting the best out of him and he’s bounced around clubs the last few years. Maybe wants a bit of stability, which I can’t grudge. 

Think Armstrong and Killie both benefit from the contract extension. Puts the player in a stronger position for higher wages if another club comes in for him - and Killie who can command a higher transfer fee

23 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

If we are committed to playing 3 at the back, get Ryan Strain in on a pre-contract. Then offer St Mirren 50p in January. 

Strain on a pre-contract and offer them Andy Halliday in a straight swap in Jan. Have a feeling that's where AH will end up when he leaves us anyway. I like Atkinson but competition is healthy, and Strain is perhaps a bit more attacking so could be used in games where we'll need a change of pace in that area. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Ford Prentice
7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Strain on a pre-contract and offer them Andy Halliday in a straight swap in Jan. Have a feeling that's where AH will end up when he leaves us anyway. I like Atkinson but competition is healthy, and Strain is perhaps a bit more attacking so could be used in games where we'll need a change of pace in that area. 

Strain struggles to get a game for Australia ahead of Atkinson so there's no way he's going to sign for Hearts to potentially end up in the same boat. He would only consider us if Atkinson went first I think.

8 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Strain struggles to get a game for Australia ahead of Atkinson so there's no way he's going to sign for Hearts to potentially end up in the same boat. He would only consider us if Atkinson went first I think.

I know that - £££££ though :) - depends what offers are on the table. Can't see him going anywhere for massive wages and with our Aussie contingent he might fancy it. 

Also up to him whether he believes in himself enough to come and have a go at putting Nate out of the team. They're very very similar players with Strain having a slight edge in some areas, Nate in others. I'd say Strain's technique in terms of passing and shooting is slightly better, might be half a yard quicker. Nate is a better dribbler, better tackler. 

Would be an interesting one - similar to having Zander and Gordon. Quite close with one breathing down the other's neck.

Edited by Batistuta87

4 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yes - That’s a deal which makes sense: suspect, we’d need to add cash to the deal, but would be a good move for all concerned!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Watched the game last night and thought Strain and O'Hara were very average. Tanser looks a good player though

Indeed, just like folk like to pick the shite out of our own players, they seem desperate to pick the best bits from everyone elses.

6 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Watched the game last night and thought Strain and O'Hara were very average. Tanser looks a good player though

Got absolutely slaughtered for suggesting him on here the season we were promoted - as backup to Kingsley. Has turned into a fairly consistent performer for St Mirren and while he might have done a job for us, we signed Alex Cochrane on loan later that summer so I guess we done a lot better in the end. Kingsley is better too. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Would like to see us the club thinking about players like Daniel Armstrong, Mark O’Hara, Stuart Findlay, Anthony Ralston, Scott Wright, Liam Henderson and Ben Doak (on loan)

Tokyo Drifter
On 02/09/2023 at 17:28, dazajmbo said:

Never too early. 

I'm predicting 4 out and 5 in.

935 pages.

Just give me a new manager and coaching team and I'm happy to stick with the players we've got on the whole.

kingantti1874
4 hours ago, Arfur said:

Would like to see us the club thinking about players like Daniel Armstrong, Mark O’Hara, Stuart Findlay, Anthony Ralston, Scott Wright, Liam Henderson and Ben Doak (on loan)

wad all sensible right up to the Ben Doak bit. A guy they see as the direct replacement for Salah. Probably wouldn’t sell for much less than £30million already 

23 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Indeed, just like folk like to pick the shite out of our own players, they seem desperate to pick the best bits from everyone elses.

It’s to be expected really. They see our own players all the time - they largely see edited highlights of everyone else’s.

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

wad all sensible right up to the Ben Doak bit. A guy they see as the direct replacement for Salah. Probably wouldn’t sell for much less than £30million already 

Yeah. Even if Liverpool were interested in sending him out on loan, they wouldn’t pick us. More likely someone in the Championship.

3 hours ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Just give me a new manager and coaching team and I'm happy to stick with the players we've got on the whole.

Nah, we desperately need a RB, dominant CB, creative CM and a striker with pace.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Unlikely, Liverpool will want him close, I dont think he will even go on loan

35 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Unlikely, Liverpool will want him close, I dont think he will even go on loan

I doubt it. Started in the Champions league last night so he’s obviously close to regular match day squad, if not a starter.

54 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Correct. Utter pie in the sky stuff.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Probably wouldn't be worst thing for Doak, to find a comfortable home for a while, but worth remembering he came on in an Uglies derby at 16, far more likely to be loaned to a club of higher stature than ourselves, possibly another EPL side

5 hours ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

That's the 64,000 dollar dilema.  

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

I doubt it. Started in the Champions league last night so he’s obviously close to regular match day squad, if not a starter.

Klopp loves him. 

Think the poster might’ve downloaded the new footie manager and made him a loan signing lol

55 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Klopp loves him. 

Think the poster might’ve downloaded the new footie manager and made him a loan signing lol

He got an outside chance of going to the Euros with Scotland if he can get game time at Liverpool. He’s not going out on loan when he’s this highly regarded

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Maybe he is out of our reach - doesn’t stop us asking the question tho. Don’t ask you don’t get

Please no more "crocks" or players coming back from long lay offs, "that might do a turn"! 

We need under 25's, fit, mobile and still on an upward trajectory. 

Young'ish but with proven experience in our own league. A RB, CB and attacking mid. 

Don't mind a lightning quick "unknown" as an extra attacker but no more projects for those 3 positions. We DO have a decent squad, if we could fill these areas with dependable players that we can trust week in, week out, we wouldn't be that far away. 

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Arfur said:

Maybe he is out of our reach - doesn’t stop us asking the question tho. Don’t ask you don’t get

he is out of our reach. May as well ask for Darwin Nunez.  

8 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Please no more "crocks" or players coming back from long lay offs, "that might do a turn"! 

We need under 25's, fit, mobile and still on an upward trajectory. 

Young'ish but with proven experience in our own league. A RB, CB and attacking mid. 

Don't mind a lightning quick "unknown" as an extra attacker but no more projects for those 3 positions. We DO have a decent squad, if we could fill these areas with dependable players that we can trust week in, week out, we wouldn't be that far away. 

Would actually say the opposite!! :D 

Our team is mentally very weak, we struggle when conceding and become extremely vulnerable. IMO this is because the senior core of our team, aren't good enough. Players like Halliday, Haring, Boyce, Zander. None are good enough for our starting 11, and Zander would still be bench warming but for a serious injury to Gordon. Also think Kingsley & Halkett are too injury prone and players like Atkinson, Forrest, Oda, Beni, Cochrane and Sibbick lack a steeliness to them. 

Kent was a good addition, but we need more. I liked @Arfur suggestion about gettin Stuart Findlay. I think he'd be a better CB partner to Kent than Rowles. Think Rowles could replace Kingsley at LB, and we'd altogether a lot stronger defensively as a result. 

Squad needs experience and leadership to my mind. We've got enough projects on the go at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Would actually say the opposite!! :D 

Our team is mentally very weak, we struggle when conceding and become extremely vulnerable. IMO this is because the senior core of our team, aren't good enough. Players like Halliday, Haring, Boyce, Zander. None are good enough for our starting 11, and Zander would still be bench warming but for a serious injury to Gordon. Also think Kingsley & Halkett are too injury prone and players like Atkinson, Forrest, Oda, Beni, Cochrane and Sibbick lack a steeliness to them. 

Kent was a good addition, but we need more. I liked @Arfur suggestion about gettin Stuart Findlay. I think he'd be a better CB partner to Kent than Rowles. Think Rowles could replace Kingsley at LB, and we'd altogether a lot stronger defensively as a result. 

Squad needs experience and leadership to my mind. We've got enough projects on the go at the moment. 

I think I clarified it by saying "young-ish but with proven experience in our league". I get what your saying though. No more projects! Think we both want fitter, already established signings to replace the likes of Haring, Halliday, Boyce who have all contributed, but really don't have the legs for it now. 

Can't for the life of me understand why there are so many on here that criticise the mere mention of signing players from our own league. Celtic and Rangers have done it for years to good effect. 

Turnbull, Taylor, Jack, Kamara to name but a few. Any mention of Mooy going to Hearts when he was at St Mirren would have had this place imploding. 

If the signings strengthen us and weaken our nearest challengers what's not to like? 

They are currently getting regular game time, know what it takes in this shitty league and are proving themselves. 

The likes of Strain, Baccus, O Hara, McGrath, Armstrong, Biereth, Vassel, can all have poor games, but thats not to say they wouldn't strengthen ourselves. 

Don't think any of them would take seasons to settle in either. 

You look at the likes of Ginelly, it was two pretty average years before we saw the best of him. How long will it be before we see Oda, Hoff, Tagawa all playing regularly and established starters? We continue to sign the likes of Hill and Offiah on loans to no real effect. All there signings do is unsettle the team IMHO, with no long term benefit. 

15 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Can't for the life of me understand why there are so many on here that criticise the mere mention of signing players from our own league. Celtic and Rangers have done it for years to good effect. 

Turnbull, Taylor, Jack, Kamara to name but a few. Any mention of Mooy going to Hearts when he was at St Mirren would have had this place imploding. 

If the signings strengthen us and weaken our nearest challengers what's not to like? 

They are currently getting regular game time, know what it takes in this shitty league and are proving themselves. 

The likes of Strain, Baccus, O Hara, McGrath, Armstrong, Biereth, Vassel, can all have poor games, but thats not to say they wouldn't strengthen ourselves. 

Don't think any of them would take seasons to settle in either. 

You look at the likes of Ginelly, it was two pretty average years before we saw the best of him. How long will it be before we see Oda, Hoff, Tagawa all playing regularly and established starters? We continue to sign the likes of Hill and Offiah on loans to no real effect. All there signings do is unsettle the team IMHO, with no long term benefit. 

Agree - think we're trying to be too clever and cute in the transfer market to unearth some gem. We can't be in constant "jam tomorrow" mode when it comes to recruitment. 

I'd rather have players in that can do the job. Like all things, its about getting that balance right, but I don't think we have. 

We do have good players but it’s really not a balanced squad and the players were signed with the intention of playing 3-4-3. Especially in midfield they tend to all have similar qualities. We severely lack pace and energy, creativity, leadership and a hard man. Need to address these things soon.

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

We do have good players but it’s really not a balanced squad and the players were signed with the intention of playing 3-4-3. Especially in midfield they tend to all have similar qualities. We severely lack pace and energy, creativity, leadership and a hard man. Need to address these things soon.

I don't think we have the quality and creativity to play 343 very well. I do think a back 3 is what we're stuck with given Rowles seems to be twice the player in a back 3.. 

Think a 352 could be a good shout. Gets Grant/Lowry into the team, and allows Shanks to be paired with a Gino type in Vargas or Oda, Whilst using Forrest and Cochrane in positions they're actually effective in. 

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

I don't think we have the quality and creativity to play 343 very well. I do think a back 3 is what we're stuck with given Rowles seems to be twice the player in a back 3.. 

Think a 352 could be a good shout. Gets Grant/Lowry into the team, and allows Shanks to be paired with a Gino type in Vargas or Oda, Whilst using Forrest and Cochrane in positions they're actually effective in. 

I’d go with the team you’ve suggested tomorrow. It’s not ideal having Forrest right wing back but we can’t be going with Sibbick or Offiah again. I think an attacking right wing back with a bit of pace and strength should be our number one priority in January. Maybe we’ll go back in for Riku Handa.

On 08/11/2023 at 19:20, TheBigO said:

I think Baccus and Strain may be out our reach in all honesty. Baccus especially has been very good for Australia and i see the sad old story of PNE* blowing any Scottish interest out the water

*or some other carbon copy shitty english town club

Where was the office set? Slough?

Sort of imagine league one as all that sort, complete with Brent-esque managers who occasionally come up to lead Hibs to the bottom six before hanging up the keyboard guitar, open shirt and trained dove and returning to whatever grey shittole they megabussed up from*. 

*to continue to spend higher wage budgets than us 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️😭😭😭

Edited by CMc

Skacelleftboot
34 minutes ago, OTT said:

This - shankland needs support and Forrest is best at wing back

Watched the highlights of Sevco euro game. That boy Haraslin that plays for Sparta Prague that scored and nearly scored again. Now if we had the money he would be a great signing. Looks like another Rudi Skacel. 

Malinga the Swinga

I reckon any of the players we sign will be immediately classed as garbage, possibly before they even kick a ball for us, while any player that other Scottish clubs sign will immediately be the type of player we should have signed.

I also reckon we will have posters who claim to have watched every game these players have played for clubs in leagues that aren't even on TV.

In other words, it will be exactly the same as every other transfer window.

GK Begovic - QPR

CB Tom McIntyre - Reading

Jason Kerr - Wigan 

RB Strain - St Midden 

Shaun Rooney - Fleetwood

CM Greg Docherty - Hull

Dhanda - Ross County

Fuchs - Peterborough 

ST  Not sure, but we need pace and power up front. We need a big battering ram type forward. Something different to what we have, to bully defences

6 minutes ago, Weonly151 said:

GK Begovic - QPR

CB Tom McIntyre - Reading

Jason Kerr - Wigan 

RB Strain - St Midden 

Shaun Rooney - Fleetwood

CM Greg Docherty - Hull

Dhanda - Ross County

Fuchs - Peterborough 

ST  Not sure, but we need pace and power up front. We need a big battering ram type forward. Something different to what we have, to bully defences

Agree, we need another striker with different qualities and attributes to what we have now. 

3 hours ago, OTT said:

Agree - think we're trying to be too clever and cute in the transfer market to unearth some gem. We can't be in constant "jam tomorrow" mode when it comes to recruitment. 

I'd rather have players in that can do the job. Like all things, its about getting that balance right, but I don't think we have. 

Agreed. We have our project players. They'll come good if they are coached well. But we need people who can do the job now. Experienced in our league, and yes that will cost more.

On 09/11/2023 at 09:18, Batistuta87 said:

I watched a bit of their game against hibs and strain looked very dodgy defensively. I’m not overly convinced he’d be an improvement on natty. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***