***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***

dazajmbo

3 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

I did find the 1M figure hard to belive but thought thats what we claimed we turned down - my memory may be playing tricks. :)

Edit : yes - my memory is wrong looks like it was 400k

Yeah that was roughly the figure I remember seeing quoted at the time 👍 Doubt we'd get that now for him but I'd absolutely take it.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Chimp said:

Fair dos, just don't get how anyone on here would know about conversations between Beni and the club. It would also be bizarre for Beni to tell the club he's offski already.

Either way I hope he signs a new deal, would be typical of us to lose one of our best assets for nowt.

yes that would be the worst of all worlds.  play him to get him fit, then lose him for nowt.

Yeah that was roughly the figure I remember seeing quoted at the time 👍 Doubt we'd get that now for him but I'd absolutely take it.

I did find another bit quoting up to 1M - but I don't believe it either :)

Toby Sibbick Hearts transfer latest as improved Blackpool offer rejected - Football Scotland

"The Seasiders had an offer of £600,00 rejected by the Jambos earlier this week and have now apparently returned offering £800,000 plus add-ons which would've taken the eventual fee to over £1million. But the capital club have booted it out again, reports the Daily Record."

Edited by HopeDiouf

4 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Wonder if Lewis Neilson will return as cover. He'd be a bit pissed off though as he's a starter at Partick and performing well for them

Can't see it. Whole purpose of his loan there was for him to develop further so he's ready down the line. They're not gona drag him back here to ruin that and have him warming the bench. 

Can't see it. Whole purpose of his loan there was for him to develop further so he's ready down the line. They're not gona drag him back here to ruin that and have him warming the bench. 

You're probably right. Barring another injury crisis, he'll be staying there until the the summer

3 minutes ago, Hansel said:

You're probably right. Barring another injury crisis, he'll be staying there until the the summer

Yeah and I hope so too. A full season playing at the standard he apparently is just now will do him wonders.

Absolute Scenes
21 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

I wonder how much Kevin Van Veen would be now it looks like he's wanting to come back to Scotland.

Really wish this name would disappear into the void

kevin van Veen is not good enough for Hearts, end of. He had a good scoring record, so did Colin Nish.

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Really wish this name would disappear into the void

kevin van Veen is not good enough for Hearts, end of. He had a good scoring record, so did Colin Nish.

He is 32 as well which hardly makes him one for the future.

Might be a short term option after we sell Shankland to Rangers in Januaury though.🤣

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Nobody scored more goals than Van Veen towards the end of last season. If the worst did happen, be as good as it gets in the short term I would think

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Can't imagine us selling Shanks in January unless its silly money.

Then be difficult to replace him, unless a Simms type loan popped up, if Van Veen was available short term, in the unlikely eventuality we need an option, be silly not to consider.

Next summer though could be very different, he will be 29, last year of a contract, its ripe for a transfer on both sides of the fence. I'll fall short of irreplaceable, but he is going to be a tough act to follow.

Absolute Scenes
43 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Nobody scored more goals than Van Veen towards the end of last season. If the worst did happen, be as good as it gets in the short term I would think

31 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

If we lost shanks I’d take van veen. Too similar to shanks and Boyce if we keep both of them 

Van Veen hit a purple patch in Motherwell team punching above their weight for a short period of time

van been to Shanks would be a significant backwards step. Van Veen couldn’t lace Shanks boots

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Van Veen hit a purple patch in Motherwell team punching above their weight for a short period of time

van been to Shanks would be a significant backwards step. Van Veen couldn’t lace Shanks boots

Thats not really what we are saying. 

You are likely not getting anyone as good as Shankland in January, unless you pay money above and beyond; however as mentioned Van Veen did have a better record towards the end of last season, for 4 or 5 months, might be as good as it gets? Not a pissing contest who is better, its who you might be able to get in the eventuality until you reached the summer.

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Thats not really what we are saying. 

You are likely not getting anyone as good as Shankland in January, unless you pay money above and beyond; however as mentioned Van Veen did have a better record towards the end of last season, for 4 or 5 months, might be as good as it gets? Not a pissing contest who is better, its who you might be able to get in the eventuality until you reached the summer.

I don’t believe you can’t get someone as good as Shankland, we do however need to use our finances. We have money and it’s up to our recruitment team to invest it into the team. There’s free agents who will be a significant upgrade on an aging Van Veen to start with. He’s not terrible, but also not good enough for Hearts.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
31 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I don’t believe you can’t get someone as good as Shankland, we do however need to use our finances. We have money and it’s up to our recruitment team to invest it into the team. There’s free agents who will be a significant upgrade on an aging Van Veen to start with. He’s not terrible, but also not good enough for Hearts.

Summer probably a better time to do either, sell or get a replacement. I dont think it will happen in any case (Shankland transfer in Jan), as you say, they will need to invest, certainly in summer

56 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Summer probably a better time to do either, sell or get a replacement. I dont think it will happen in any case (Shankland transfer in Jan), as you say, they will need to invest, certainly in summer

With the Euros coming up Shanks will be eager imo to be at a club he's a virtual guaranteed starter. 

Maybe we have our eyes on a south American striker. Winter is when contracts are normally up. Getting a good mid 20's player in winter will not be easy Europe. George Brown, was part of our recruitment team once is still in Mexico with CF Monterrey. Would be silly not to use him if possible. 

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Maybe we have our eyes on a south American striker. Winter is when contracts are normally up. Getting a good mid 20's player in winter will not be easy Europe. George Brown, was part of our recruitment team once is still in Mexico with CF Monterrey. Would be silly not to use him if possible. 

Be nice to think that.

We'll be low on players dream destinations tho.

34 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

George's current employers might prefer his focus to be fully on them. 

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

I'd love us to find a player like that arsehole Youan Hibs have. 

he costs them more goals than he scores, fast but hopeless.  What we actually want is another Gino.  Who knows maybe a fit Tagawa is that man

5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

With the Euros coming up Shanks will be eager imo to be at a club he's a virtual guaranteed starter. 

More likely where he will have best chance of scoring enough goals to convince Clarke.  That’s not abroad, probably not English championship either. 

4 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Unless he is in Mexico because we didn’t want him. 

Edited by soonbe110

11 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

I'd love us to find a player like that arsehole Youan Hibs have. 

Aye, we do need someone else to run around aimlessly and who can’t cross or finish.

10 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Aye, we do need someone else to run around aimlessly and who can’t cross or finish.

He did not too bad with his finishing at Tynecastle in the last Derby. A player with his pace is always likely to cause teams problems.

Edited by DG_HMFC

1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

Scored 2 against us unfortunately

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I heard he was off to Ayrshire.  Rumours, rumours, rumours 

I think as long as he’s off the wage bill that’s good. No bad feeling towards him but his wages could be better spent. 

We_are_the_Hearts
10 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

If we can move Haring and Halliday.  Would leave space for one midfielder.

Would add Grant as well, 18 months on folk are still saying there is a player in there. He doesnt seem to have the motivation within to be on it all the time and will only ever be flashes. 

bobby bombscare

I think thisnis one of those transfer windows where we're going to need to have a few plans of action. Mostly around if Shankalnd stays/goes but also think we have a few players in demand and a few players not happy with game time. 

We obviously need to replace Offiah and need backup for Atkinson as a bare minimum. 

I think Sibbick is not in Naisy's plans and is used because there is nobody else. So at least 1 more CB wouldn't surprise me. 

I think at least 1 midfielder going would be a reasonable assumption and if that happened I wouldn't be in a hurry to replace with a like for like as we have a fairly congested midfield at the moment to be honest. 

Then up top, obviously the biggest one is Shankland. If he goes we would defo need a replacement. I'm sure the club is planning for this but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing us bring in Van Veen on a 6 month loan while we decide how we plan on spending the money from his sale. 

Edited by bobby bombscare

21 hours ago, Chimp said:

That's why I said a loan til end of the season. To find a proper replacement for Shankland in the January transfer window would be a pretty tough task. The chances of that would be very slim so I wouldn't be having your expectations set too high.

To find a replacement for Shanks is going to be needle in a haystick / lottery win type scenario's.

Took us 25 years or so to replace Robbo (lafferty excepted I suppose)

20 hours ago, Chimp said:

Fair dos, just don't get how anyone on here would know about conversations between Beni and the club. It would also be bizarre for Beni to tell the club he's offski already.

Either way I hope he signs a new deal, would be typical of us to lose one of our best assets for nowt.

We better be planning for life without him. He is not signing a new deal and ideally he wants to go in Jan so at least the club gets something back for him.

We_are_the_Hearts
4 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

We better be planning for life without him. He is not signing a new deal and ideally he wants to go in Jan so at least the club gets something back for him.

IF that is the case drop him now, no point of playing him. And make him train with the youths for being an arsehole and discussing it with some random that can come on here

6 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

You need to plan for life without every single player. That's how it works in football.

Do you have a source at all for the claim he's not signing a new deal or is this purely guesswork? or a rumour you read on KB

39 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

If we can move Haring and Halliday.  Would leave space for one midfielder.

Can see Haring going to St Johnstone and Halliday going to Tampa.

20 hours ago, Chimp said:

Hopefully you're correct. Getting a full season under his belt will do wonders for his confidence but also his experience. I have high hopes for Neilson, he looks the part IMO. Need to make sure we're keeping on top of his contract situation though. 

5 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Open goal over MS teams wouldn't quite have the same charm. I'm all for it. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Hopefully you're correct. Getting a full season under his belt will do wonders for his confidence but also his experience. I have high hopes for Neilson, he looks the part IMO. Need to make sure we're keeping on top of his contract situation though. 

Agree. And yeah definitely need to keep on top of that or else it could be another Souttar scenario. 

Shankland won't want to get swallowed up in the English Championship like Nisbet before the summer. 

Maybe after but I get the Lafferty feeling about him tbh.

5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Shankland won't want to get swallowed up in the English Championship like Nisbet before the summer. 

Maybe after but I get the Lafferty feeling about him tbh.

Yep. Young family and apparently a big fan of... them. 

Sadly seeing this going one way unless the board are willing to offer him money right now that is going to give them a lot of sleepless nights.

Was part of the reason I was banging the drum on this over the summer. IMO we should have sought to get a deal done then. I know Joe has kept things very close to his chest, but agents have zero respect for clubs, and I'm entirely confident that his agent would have leaked if we'd failed in our contract discussions. 

Edited by OTT

57 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Would add Grant as well, 18 months on folk are still saying there is a player in there. He doesnt seem to have the motivation within to be on it all the time and will only ever be flashes. 

Don't want to leave midfield to short of numbers. January is hard to replace player's.  But in summer,  definitely.

34 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Nice spot there tbf, lots of 70s celebs used to go to Tampa with the kids.  Sure it's still nice.

6 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Don't want to leave midfield to short of numbers. January is hard to replace player's.  But in summer,  definitely.

People seem to want to get rid of every player who isn't our best player!!!!!  Grant has chipped in just nicely this season. Unless we're very very sure he has been replaced, he'd be going nowhere for me.

Haring is a funny one.  Despite his brainfart at Ibrox, Pete coming on and suring us up isn't a bad thing to have and I'm sure he's simply a good influence around the place.  Would we really miss him though...?  Only if we got maybe 2 CM injuries I guess is the answer.  I'd say we're one light at CM.  Perhaps that could be Tait, but not sure he's a 6 type player is he?  More an 8 or advanced midfielder?  So if Haring stays we can focus on RB and CF which is where I think we need to recruit in without any outgoings (outwith Offiah which is just a loan anyway).

So I'd be keeping Grant and Haring happy enough to see the big guy stay til May.

TBH the only ones I'd be invited to leave are Halliday and Offiah.  Shame for Odel, but it hasn't worked - he was a bit of a sticky plaster signing anyway.  

But obvs this all depends on who we sign.  If a reet good CM comes aavailable to us, we go for it and see if we can move someone on.

A wee bit may depend on Pollock's fitness too.

Jamboscanbevicius

As others have said, I think Shankland stays until summer. Big risk to shine for a new club immediately before a major championship.

Offiah going back seems nailed on. I could see Haring leaving, as he has a bit about him. But I doubt Halliday would have the motivation, and I don't think Robbie will see him as a signing that will help him unless it's a player/coach scenario.

Sibbick and Grant are both ok. Not great, and shouldn't be starters, but I think most would rather see them move on as they might have a little sell-on value to League 1 / Lower Championship. If we could shift either for £300-600k it would be good to reinvest in the squad.

If, and it's a big if, we can move those 5 (not Shanks) then we need a RB, CB, and CM. Overseas players are always exciting to speculate about. But we should never dismiss solid SPFL performers and there are a few options in the league of players with only a few months left on their contracts.

IMO, we should be speaking to agents of:
- Ryan Strain

- Keanu Baccus

- Ryan Jack

- Yan Dhanda

- Liam Gordon

The last 2 wouldn't improve our first 11 but would give cover if Grant and Sibbick left.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***