***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***

dazajmbo

45 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Do you honestly think the club aren't aware of contracts running down and aren't trying to get extensions sorted out?

Do people really think that Hearts sit there then suddenly realise that players contracts expire the next day?

I read BRB's post more a personal desire / wish of specific players to extend out of our whole squad.

You're ire perhaps better directed at @OTT's concern over Savage potentially sleeping on not attempting to extend Shankland - and being an idiot for not focusing on this.

Savage & team will have shanklands contract situation at the top of the list, of that I have no doubt.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

I read BRB's post more a personal desire / wish of specific players to extend out of our whole squad.

You're ire perhaps better directed at @OTT's concern over Savage potentially sleeping on not attempting to extend Shankland - and being an idiot for not focusing on this.

Savage & team will have shanklands contract situation at the top of the list, of that I have no doubt.

Of course they will and their agents meanwhile, will be looking where or what their clients next move may be, to suggest this is all within our control is fantasy.

Just now, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Of course they will and their agents meanwhile, will be looking where or what their clients next move may be, to suggest this is all within our control is fantasy.

real life football isn't football manager - "no-shock" shocker.

players can be minutes from being signed, sealed & delivered (new signings or contract extensions) - but if an agent manages to get his client a significantly better deal elsewhere it's gonna happen, no matter what we do. The agent will push as much as the player as financially it benefits them too.

Can't stress this enough again, but an RB is an absolute must again. No more CB's who can moonlight at RB, no wingers turned RBs, just get us a proper right back who can get up and down the line and be effective at both ends. 

If Shanks is sold then a replacement would be nice but would also be happy to see Tagawa given the nod for the rest of the season and for us to look at something bigger in the sumer; with Boyce, Oda and Vargas chipping in up front too (and possibly Kirk). Would like Lowry included as PX for Shanks if that's where he goes, and to build the team around his creativity because I genuinely believe he could become a massive player for us if he was here on a perm deal and it was in his head that that's his level, he doesn't need to worry about getting in the Rangers team any more. He's like a young Barrie McKay I think - and there's a real talent there to be brought out. Playing him with some like-minded, quick-footed players and wingers who think positively and who will get the ball off him and actually run at the opposition then look for him for the return pass in the middle, would be an excellent foundation to start building a really strong quick attacking side.

Edited by Batistuta87

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Can't stress this enough again, but an RB is an absolute must again. No more CB's who can moonlight at RB, no wingers turned RBs, just get us a proper right back who can get up and down the line and be effective at both ends. 

If Shanks is sold then a replacement would be nice but would also be happy to see Tagawa given the nod for the rest of the season and for us to look at something bigger in the sumer; with Boyce, Oda and Vargas chipping in up front too (and possibly Kirk). Would like Lowry included as PX for Shanks if that's where he goes, and to build the team around his creativity because I genuinely believe he could become a massive player for us if he was here on a perm deal and it was in his head that that's his level, he doesn't need to worry about getting in the Rangers team any more. He's like a young Barrie McKay I think - and there's a real talent there to be brought out. Playing him with some like-minded, quick-footed players and wingers who think positively and who will get the ball off him and actually run at the opposition then look for him for the return pass in the middle, would be an excellent foundation to start building a really strong quick attacking side.

If we dont get a solid right back in this window, think I will cry. Initially wasnt fussed about Devlin, but he now appears to be Sheeps most consistent player and by a distance.

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Tagawa has barely kicked a ball so I'm lacking in the faith you have that if shanks moved on we could reach the summer without replacement in January!!

38 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

If we dont get a solid right back in this window, think I will cry. Initially wasnt fussed about Devlin, but he now appears to be Sheeps most consistent player and by a distance.

It’s bizarre that the two signings they made that we were supposedly interested in, but nobody wanted, have been their best signings.

1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Yup. We should have been all over Devlin. 

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Tagawa has barely kicked a ball so I'm lacking in the faith you have that if shanks moved on we could reach the summer without replacement in January!!

Just looks a player from what I have seen. I'm faithful. 

38 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

It’s bizarre that the two signings they made that we were supposedly interested in, but nobody wanted, have been their best signings.

I wanted him lol. WOuldn't stop going on about it on here. Folk probably fed up hearing about it, and many disagreed very strongly. 

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Australis said:

See the wee team are saying nobody in, in January unless they ship some out.

Hope they all just sit on their contracts.

they will be burning through cash imo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Riku Handa will still be at the top of the RB list. 

It remains my hope we didn't sign anyone else for this reason 

jamboinglasgow
4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Riku Handa will still be at the top of the RB list. 

He is back playing again and funnily enough is away with Japan U22 with Oda. Hopefully Oda can sell moving to Hearts to him (though it sounds like the issue in the summer was his club being awkward in negotiations.)

I do think we will look to sign him, especially with Japanese clubs more likely to agree transfers in the January rather than the summer when it is mid season.

Absolute Scenes

Apparently Alex Mighten is one of the lowest paid players in the premier league at around £3,500. Not sure how true of course but if it’s got any truth wonder if we are still tracking him

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He is back playing again and funnily enough is away with Japan U22 with Oda. Hopefully Oda can sell moving to Hearts to him (though it sounds like the issue in the summer was his club being awkward in negotiations.)

I do think we will look to sign him, especially with Japanese clubs more likely to agree transfers in the January rather than the summer when it is mid season.

Would be great if we could make this one happen

Absolute Scenes
6 hours ago, Carter said:

Pulled out because of 400k 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ paid just under that for Kio. Savage needs to get his finger out with this nonsense, no wonder we are missing out on our main targets when we are pulling out like weaklings at the first difficulty. 400k for a club our size is nothing 

edit: just seen that that was only reported 🫣 not me jumping the gun again 😂sorry Joe

Edited by Absolute Scenes

48 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Pulled out because of 400k 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ paid just under that for Kio. Savage needs to get his finger out with this nonsense, no wonder we are missing out on our main targets when we are pulling out like weaklings at the first difficulty. 400k for a club our size is nothing 

edit: just seen that that was only reported 🫣 not me jumping the gun again 😂sorry Joe

Looks like he's on the move for a chunky fee in January. EEN reported our interest in the summer. No idea how serious it was though. 

10 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Apparently Alex Mighten is one of the lowest paid players in the premier league at around £3,500. Not sure how true of course but if it’s got any truth wonder if we are still tracking him

Supposedly wanted to go to league one with Sheffield Wednesday then come to us. Hardly got a game for them and came back.

Would rather we focus on other targets.

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Supposedly wanted to go to league one with Sheffield Wednesday then come to us. Hardly got a game for them and came back.

Would rather we focus on other targets.

What mighten have been!

Would love to see Callum Patterson back.

Haven't been keep tabs on him lately though but am sure there was some kind of unrest down there at Wednesday.

Maybe not a happy camp to be in?

The vale of everlasting joy and success that is Tynecastle may be just the thing for him.

Takeshi kovac

I watched the Bradford game on Sky to see how Jamie Walker was getting on. Bradford got humped but  couple of Notts County players caught my eye. Dan Crowley an attacking midfielder and their CF Macauley Langstaff. Only League 2 level both both looked cracking players 

Fort Vallance
2 hours ago, Takeshi kovac said:

I watched the Bradford game on Sky to see how Jamie Walker was getting on. Bradford got humped but  couple of Notts County players caught my eye. Dan Crowley an attacking midfielder and their CF Macauley Langstaff. Only League 2 level both both looked cracking players 

Decent goal from JW though.

6 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We have been looking at him. But so is Brighton.

Looks a talent…strong and lightening quick.Exactly the quality of player we should be looking to get.

6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Looks a talent…strong and lightening quick.Exactly the quality of player we should be looking to get.

Think he would cost to much for us.

14 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Think he would cost to much for us.

Valued on TM as £1m….if we want to get amongst the big boys we will have to spend more.

22 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Valued on TM as £1m….if we want to get amongst the big boys we will have to spend more.

It's the wages that a million pound player would demand that would kill us .

6 hours ago, Takeshi kovac said:

Langstaff is a goal machine.  he's being watched by Championship level clubs and is out of our price range unfortunately.

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

It's the wages that a million pound player would demand that would kill us .

Time the board put the money where there mouth is 

Would be looking to shift Sibbick at the first opportunity tbh, have never rated him and he has cost us too many times in big games. Give me another big heed the baw centre half every day of the week over him.

Wonder if we could maybe get the boy Portales at Dundee, been a bit of a stand out the last few matches for them or even Deas from Kilmarnock who has had a decent season so far, would both be good upgrades imo in our defence,

We are also in dire need of signing another right back/right wing back as it doesn't look like Offiah will be back.

kingantti1874

Don’t often agree with the agent but he is correct here. We can’t demand better results than continue with buying players in the 300k range.  

better having a smaller squad of senior players with some top quality amongst it than a 30 man squad with everyone at the same level.  

Will that leave us exposed to injuries? Yes it most definitely will but we have to risk it anyway. 

15 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

13 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Time the board put the money where there mouth is 

100%

Same goes for Shankland. **** the wage cap - get him on the biggest wage we can afford and lets keep him be happy until he leaves, whenever that might be. When he is sold, spend the money! Buy carefully, and only buy a couple of quality players, get them on decent wages, and get them showing other players in the game what can happen if they move here. Build around them, get playing in Europe every year, and then starts the cycle of having that sort of money to spend every year. 

Naismith should be able to find the next Beni with that money. He's smart, he's well respected down south, will know a lot of people, and will no doubt have a good network of contacts that he could pick up the phone to. Pick up the phone to Everton and see who they have. Simms was hovering around their U23 when we loaned him - have they got someone else like him who is doing well in the EPL2 setup but probably not good enough to make the step up to the actual EPL? 

Looking very briefly myself, I'm looking at Bruno Jordao at Wolves (out of contract in the summer, currently back in POR on loan, low wages for EPL), Tyrese Fransoi at Fulham (out of contract in the summer, not made it there, one that our Aussies could be tapping up), Tyler Onyango (Beni's mate, who we were apparently speaking to last year), Lewis Dobbin (who hasn't cracked on nearly as much as expected and might benefit from a loan) and Joao Virginia (who looks a decent keeper but nowhere near EPL standards, again might fancy a loan) all at Everton. 

Edited by Batistuta87

When all reason is gone lets risk injuries (sound familiar) and undo all the hard work over the last 10 years and blow the budget as well. Hell lets even cite some examples of when its worked while we are at it.

Reminds me of being on a runway waiting to take off in a lightning storm and the yank behind me saying "I thought we were in Vegas....just go for it"

Jesus

Get rid of some of our squad players if possible and bring in 2/3 players that are Shankland / Gordon level. 

Prioritise the J-League and K-League over the A-League. Better standard and better footballers. 

7 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Get rid of some of our squad players if possible and bring in 2/3 players that are Shankland / Gordon level. 

Prioritise the J-League and K-League over the A-League. Better standard and better footballers. 

I agree. Not to say the Aussie league doesn't have any good footballers but the standard really is pretty low over there. We've dipped into that market a good few times now and we've hardly unearthed any top players. In recent times we've signed the likes of Garuccio, Bozanic, Kuol, Edwards, Atkinson, Devlin, Rowles and Niuewenhof. I don't feel any of these players have dramatically improved us in any way. All mostly average players and need better if we're to take things up a notch.

11 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Shunsuke Mito 🇯🇵

Why are you just randomly posting Japanese players? Do we have any known interest in them or are you just saying who you want us to sign?

12 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Why are you just randomly posting Japanese players? Do we have any known interest in them or are you just saying who you want us to sign?

Good players to sign

On 20/11/2023 at 06:25, gregzy2k7 said:

Would be looking to shift Sibbick at the first opportunity tbh, have never rated him and he has cost us too many times in big games. Give me another big heed the baw centre half every day of the week over him.

Wonder if we could maybe get the boy Portales at Dundee, been a bit of a stand out the last few matches for them or even Deas from Kilmarnock who has had a decent season so far, would both be good upgrades imo in our defence,

We are also in dire need of signing another right back/right wing back as it doesn't look like Offiah will be back.

I'll be very surprised if Sibbick and Grant are here at the end of January. Sibbick most likely will be sold. Grant is clearly on more money than anyone at the level of interested parties is able to pay. Therefore a loan is most likely. Same problems as Olly Lee/Loic Damour/Maloury Martin et al. 

On 19/11/2023 at 17:30, Agentjambo said:

The use of TM values on here is bizarre. They are an absolute nonsense and no indication of how much a player would cost. The only time it is realistic is when a player moves and they update the value to the recent fee paid.

Look at the values of some of our players for examples of how off they are.

Shankland - £1.3m

Cochrane - 800k

Kent 700k

Not ours but Lowry valued at 250k

All of these would cost substantially more than the value on TM

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***