***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***

dazajmbo

1 minute ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

You're inferring something that wasn't implied

I don't think either of us know for sure if anything was implied or not.  You're guessing as much as me.

What we can be fairly sure of is, if he was ripping it up in training, he'd be getting on the park.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

So one of our best players in the last 3 seasons, who has adapted to Scottish football, spent months getting up to speed comes in off the bench and has a good impact is comparable to a new signing who is just adapting to the league, has had no pre-season, who has had his time interrupted by injury not yet playing since resuming full training a few weeks before the last game?

As another poster says, you have already made your mind up by Tagawa, and unless he bangs in lots of goals, you will always think he is a failure. If he had been fit since the start of season and made the odd appearance I would think there would be questions, he does not really play in next run of games despite being fit there will be questions. At the moment I dont think you can say he wont make it.

Agree - can't say he won't make it.  But signs so far not encouraging.

And I think most Hearts fans would consider a striker a failure unless he bangs in goals.

Edited by HopeDiouf

1 minute ago, HopeDiouf said:

I've not at all.  Yes, he got injured, cause he wasn't fully fit.  Yes, he shouldn't have played.

But the point is, they did play him, despite him not being fully fit, cause even half fit he's one of our best players.  you were suggesting nobody gets near a matchday squad if not fully fit.  I've given you an example of exactly that.

Yeah and maybe they've learnt their lesson because bringing a player back in who isn't fully fit can be huge mistake as they could end up being out for longer, as shown with your perfect example in Barrie McKay. Your initial point was that Tagawa had been back for a while because he was back in training, which isn't the same as full fitness.  He is now fit again hence he was back in the squad at Motherwell. Going by your logic of having to do well in training to get back in,  then that must back it up if he's in the squad again no?

5 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

I'll look forward to him starting to bang the goals in then.  I'm saying he's not ripping it up in training based on Naismith saying he'll get a chance when he shows enough in training.

Why does he need need to start banging the goals for him to be a success? There's more to an attacker's play other than goals. He has never been a prolific goalscorer and was never signed with this view either so unsure why you have hopes of him being the next Robbo.

2 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Yeah and maybe they've learnt their lesson because bringing a player back in who isn't fully fit can be huge mistake as they could end up being out for longer, as shown with your perfect example in Barrie McKay. Your initial point was that Tagawa had been back for a while because he was back in training, which isn't the same as full fitness.  He is now fit again hence he was back in the squad at Motherwell. Going by your logic of having to do well in training to get back in,  then that must back it up if he's in the squad again no?

Why does he need need to start banging the goals for him to be a success? There's more to an attacker's play other than goals. He has never been a prolific goalscorer and was never signed with this view either so unsure why you have hopes of him being the next Robbo.

Thats the measure of most strikers for me.  Goals.  He's not a target man/hold the ball up forward.

Where did you find out about the view he was signed with? Would love to read this.

Edited by HopeDiouf

3 minutes ago, Chimp said:

A better standard of player than the likes of Sibbick and Haring, 2 players you seem to blindly back regardless - sentimental reasons or what I'm not sure. But it's not a big ask to expect a higher quality of player than those mentioned, including Halliday.

I'm talking specifically about Cochrane here now.

I'm not blindly backing anyone chief.  I see Sibbick as having upside to his game, especially as part of a squad.  If we want to improve our XI, yeah go for it.  But will we get someone better in January to cover 2 or 3 positions from our bench?  I just don't think we will.  Simple as that.  I had high hopes for Toby but in truth I think he's probably not meeting them long term.  He'd be part of things til summer is all I'm saying.

Haring, you need to check back, al I've said is I really like the big guy, if he stays that's fine by me, but if he goes, we're sadly not losing much with what he's adding at present.

I fully agree that in general we need to up the quality.  But as a I say, the way I'd be doing that isn't by continually dumping guys and replacing with other guys and seeing if they work instead.  It's about more longtermism.  "He's not brilliant every time he plays, get him tf and bring in whatever guy looks half decent for Ross County at the moment" isn't the way to do it.

Just now, TheBigO said:

I'm not blindly backing anyone chief.  I see Sibbick as having upside to his game, especially as part of a squad.  If we want to improve our XI, yeah go for it.  But will we get someone better in January to cover 2 or 3 positions from our bench?  I just don't think we will.  Simple as that.  I had high hopes for Toby but in truth I think he's probably not meeting them long term.  He'd be part of things til summer is all I'm saying.

Haring, you need to check back, al I've said is I really like the big guy, if he stays that's fine by me, but if he goes, we're sadly not losing much with what he's adding at present.

I fully agree that in general we need to up the quality.  But as a I say, the way I'd be doing that isn't by continually dumping guys and replacing with other guys and seeing if they work instead.  It's about more longtermism.  "He's not brilliant every time he plays, get him tf and bring in whatever guy looks half decent for Ross County at the moment" isn't the way to do it.

Cochrane for me is a good player.  Made way too many stupid decisions in big games tho, and so far, frustratingly, has failed to learn his lesson.  I like him, but struggling with the repeated stupid red cards/pens in big games.  Needs to control the aggression.

34 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

I expect them to have some discipline and not to give away red cards and penalties with the same desperate lunge time after time.

He is a good player, but we have to play an even better player out of position to accommodate him while he keeps doing this, and as I say, I've lost patience.

I basically think that's unfair on him.  He does a lot of good work.  He's been penalised twice for penalties this season - one an absolute disgrace of a dive against Celtic, the other a "nowt he could do about it but its a penalty these days" type one against Motherwell.  Neither can be held against him.  They're blind statistics.

You can lose patience.  He's a right good player.  I'd argue a better LWB than Kingsley.  Kingsley much better either side of a 3, prob better LB in a 4 too.  But LWB high up the pitch - Cochrane for me.

2 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Thats the measure of most strikers for me.  Goals.  He's not a target man/hold the ball up forward.

Where did you find out about the view he was signed with? Would love to read this.

In interviews with coaches. Talking about his style of play and attributes strengths. His pace and runs in behind. Also I'd imagine the fact his goalscoring record so far in his career shows he never has been prolific so it would be rather odd for a manager to presume that would be one of their main strengths 🙃

You seem very narrow minded in your views.

7 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

I don't think either of us know for sure if anything was implied or not.  You're guessing as much as me.

What we can be fairly sure of is, if he was ripping it up in training, he'd be getting on the park.

You're inferring something that definitely wasn't said.

Just now, TheBigO said:

I basically think that's unfair on him.  He does a lot of good work.  He's been penalised twice for penalties this season - one an absolute disgrace of a dive against Celtic, the other a "nowt he could do about it but its a penalty these days" type one against Motherwell.  Neither can be held against him.  They're blind statistics.

You can lose patience.  He's a right good player.  I'd argue a better LWB than Kingsley.  Kingsley much better either side of a 3, prob better LB in a 4 too.  But LWB high up the pitch - Cochrane for me.

Kingsley a much better player.

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

He does do a lot of good work going forward, so I reckon we'd get a good price for him. Give me Kingsley any day though.

In interviews with coaches. Talking about his style of play and attributes strengths. His pace and runs in behind. Also I'd imagine the fact his goalscoring record so far in his career shows he never has been prolific so it would be rather odd for a manager to presume that would be one of their main strengths 🙃

You seem very narrow minded in your views.

You seem very blinkered with yours.  It's ok to admit Tagawa hasn't done much since he arrived.

6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Ah apologies, yeah getting rid of players like Cochrane would be silly. 

Fair enough if you rate the 2 I mentioned and entitled to our own opinions but I think there comes a time for players who've had a fair crack of the whip to move on and accept they aren't up to it. 

Just now, HopeDiouf said:

Kingsley a much better player.

Problem with Kingsley is he's not got the legs or fitness for the demands of the LWB role. Every game he's struggling with hamstrings or something. I think that managing that is a huge burden for the manager, because he basically can't be expected to reliably complete 90 minute games. No injury against Hibs, our back 4 doesn't get upset and we don't end up chucking the win away. I'm not blaming him for getting injured but there is a measurable impact on how injury prone he is to how it impacts our games. 

I'm not saying get rid, but if we're playing a back 3, I think he's cover for Rowles and Cochrane. 

Just now, OTT said:

Problem with Kingsley is he's not got the legs or fitness for the demands of the LWB role. Every game he's struggling with hamstrings or something. I think that managing that is a huge burden for the manager, because he basically can't be expected to reliably complete 90 minute games. No injury against Hibs, our back 4 doesn't get upset and we don't end up chucking the win away. I'm not blaming him for getting injured but there is a measurable impact on how injury prone he is to how it impacts our games. 

I'm not saying get rid, but if we're playing a back 3, I think he's cover for Rowles and Cochrane. 

Possibly.  I believe there were some other issues 2nd half of last season.  Looks back to himself to an extent lately.  Hopefully fitness issues behind him.  But I get your point.

Cochrane for me is a good player.  Made way too many stupid decisions in big games tho, and so far, frustratingly, has failed to learn his lesson when making challenges against celtic players.  I like him, but struggling with the repeated stupid red cards/pens in big games.  Needs to control the aggression.

don't forget - his red v maeda was even laughed at by celtic pundits.

his red v hibs was also initially a yellow but changed to red thanks to VAR.

I'd keep Cochrane - when on form he's an asset. He'll learn that you can't touch bigot brother players, and that refs will not favour hearts players.

1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

I'd keep Cochrane - when on form he's an asset. He'll learn that you can't touch bigot brother players, and that refs will not favour hearts players.

I'm defo not at the get rid stage.  But needs to learn his lesson.  better letting them have a shot than pull them down and get a red

Edited by HopeDiouf

39 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

I'd be delighted if we've signed the new Robbo.  So far, looks more Juho Makela tho. Pointing out that so far, he's been pish for us on the few occasions he's got on the park, is just reality

As for top players getting played when not fully fit, I give you Barrie McKay versus PAOK.

I have not seen enough of Tagawa to decide either way yet . I am hopeful though , quietly optimistic really

Out of interest in his few appearances so far , what iOS it about him that you do not fancy much ? Can you give an example of these bad traits because genuinely I can not think of anything he has done that sent up a red flag for me 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I have not seen enough of Tagawa to decide either way yet . I am hopeful though , quietly optimistic really

Out of interest in his few appearances so far , what iOS it about him that you do not fancy much ? Can you give an example of these bad traits because genuinely I can not think of anything he has done that sent up a red flag for me 

he's looked lightweight and struggled to get on the ball or keep the ball. agree need to see more.  But so far, not offered anything.

Edited by HopeDiouf

1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

Almost wondering if the club should leak some sort of acknowledgement of this. 

Might force more of a conversation about the state of refereeing in Scotland. 

You seem very blinkered with yours.  It's ok to admit Tagawa hasn't done much since he arrived.

Blinkered in what way?

Not sure why you're putting words in my mouth now. I haven't said Tagawa has done much since he's arrived but I'd like to give a new signing the benefit of the doubt to prove himself. He's only been on the park for just over 2 games since he arrived and tbh I think it's only fair to give him a chance to see what he can do once settled and fully fit. 

Just now, Chimp said:

Blinkered in what way?

Not sure why you're putting words in my mouth now. I haven't said Tagawa has done much since he's arrived but I'd like to give a new signing the benefit of the doubt to prove himself. He's only been on the park for just over 2 games since he arrived and tbh I think it's only fair to give him a chance to see what he can do once settled and fully fit. 

You just seem determined that he's a player.

So far, he's offered nowt.  I hope that changes.  I agree he'll get some more chances.  Think we can all agree he'll need to show more when he does.

he's looked lightweight and struggled to get on the ball or keep the ball.

When ? I remember him being played wide to accommodate other strikers and him trying to cut in and find his man or get a shooting opportunity . I do not remember him being out muscled if that is what you mean by light weight . I may be forgetting something though . I think he looks like a central striker who plays facing the goal , but is being asked to play wide 

Just now, Sooks said:

When ? I remember him being played wide to accommodate other strikers and him trying to cut in and find his man or get a shooting opportunity . I do not remember him being out muscled if that is what you mean by light weight . I may be forgetting something though . I think he looks like a central striker who plays facing the goal , but is being asked to play wide 

it's just little things, as you say not seen much.  But when he has played, he's struggled to do anything for me.  Think we can all agree he'll need to offer more than we've seen so far if he wants to play regularly.

So far, he's offered nowt.  I hope that changes.  I agree he'll get some more chances.  Think we can all agree he'll need to show more when he does.

I dont read that from his comments at all mate . He has frequently stated it is too early to tell either way , and that his has not given up hope . I’m contrast you are saying he has shown enough for you to not rate him and compare him to Juho Makela

4 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

You're probably right, it just feels so inevitable now.

Just now, Sooks said:

I dont read that from his comments at all mate . He has frequently stated it is too early to tell either way , and that his has not given up hope . I’m contrast you are saying he has shown enough for you to not rate him and compare him to Juho Makela

I'm saying, based on what he's shown so far, he's more Juho Makela than Robbo.  I think that is fair.  He'll need to show more when gets a chance if he wants in the team.

it's just little things, as you say not seen much.  But when he has played, he's struggled to do anything for me.  Think we can all agree he'll need to offer more than we've seen so far if he wants to play regularly.

Know what he reminds me of a little ? Gino being played out wide instead of centrally . He looks like he can do an average job out there but it does not suit him as much as centrally . Not a lot to go on yet though 

I'm saying, based on what he's shown so far, he's more Juho Makela than Robbo.  I think that is fair.  He'll need to show more when gets a chance if he wants in the team.

Actually , topically …………. Robbo never looked that great out wide either come to think of it :D 

No I'm determined to give the guy a chance, is that not quite clear? 😆 If in the end he turns out to be a dud then so be it but I'd honestly rather wait to watch more of a guy who's only started 1 league game and a few sub appearances before writing him off

You're determined he fails and all you've done is point out all the negatives you so you're proved right in the end. If he's not the next Robbo and bangs them in soon he's done for in your book! 😬

No I'm determined to give the guy a chance, is that not quite clear? 😆 If in the end he turns out to be a dud then so be it but I'd honestly rather wait to watch more of a guy who's only started 1 league game and a few sub appearances before writing him off

You're determined he fails and all you've done is point out all the negatives you so you're proved right in the end. If he's not the next Robbo and bangs them in soon he's done for in your book! 😬

I'm not determined he fails.  I hope he succeeds.  He'll need to do a lot better than he has so far to do so is my point

You could balance out my negatives by listing all the positives you've seen from him......

Edited by HopeDiouf

kingantti1874
19 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

he's looked lightweight and struggled to get on the ball or keep the ball. agree need to see more.  But so far, not offered anything.

like furuhashi, he’s supposed to be lightweight fast and using his pace in behind.  Earlier in the season we were playing it to feet and asking him to hold it up.  

we need to play to his strengths 

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Know what he reminds me of a little ? Gino being played out wide instead of centrally . He looks like he can do an average job out there but it does not suit him as much as centrally . Not a lot to go on yet though 

From what I have seen of him so far, his debut showed what he could do, where he sits on the back line in the middle and can break that line where a pass splits it, he was unlucky not to score in his debut. His next league games were all against teams who sit in deep. I thought he was not properly used by others, and unsurprisingly it was at the time when the team looked clueless in attack (there is still a way to go, but the team is better creatively now than earlier in the season.) You definitely see the Ginnelly comparisons when with his pace and ability to play on the edge of defence.

4 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

I'm not determined he fails.  I hope he succeeds.  He'll need to do a lot better than he has so far to do so is my point

You could balance out my negatives by listing all the positives you've seen from him......

Came on against St Johnstone on his debut and looked lively causing problems. Took his goal well against Partick. Worked hard when he's come on but sometimes things haven't quite come off for him. Most of his appearances have been cameos for the last 15-20 so its hard for players to impose themselves on the game. He hasn't set the heather alight no, but what I honestly can't make any clearer is that isn't my point. It's about giving him time to prove himself properly first when he's fully fit then I'll make a judgement. You're pessimistic about him, I'm optimistic and that's fair enough.

That's me done explaining it now, going round in circles😴

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

From what I have seen of him so far, his debut showed what he could do, where he sits on the back line in the middle and can break that line where a pass splits it, he was unlucky not to score in his debut. His next league games were all against teams who sit in deep. I thought he was not properly used by others, and unsurprisingly it was at the time when the team looked clueless in attack (there is still a way to go, but the team is better creatively now than earlier in the season.) You definitely see the Ginnelly comparisons when with his pace and ability to play on the edge of defence.

Exactly what I have seen as well mate 

Came on against St Johnstone on his debut and looked lively causing problems. Took his goal well against Partick. Worked hard when he's come on but sometimes things haven't quite come off for him. Most of his appearances have been cameos for the last 15-20 so its hard for players to impose themselves on the game. He hasn't set the heather alight no, but what I honestly can't make any clearer is that isn't my point. It's about giving him time to prove himself properly first when he's fully fit then I'll make a judgement. You're pessimistic about him, I'm optimistic and that's fair enough.

That's me done explaining it now, going round in circles😴

Thats the bottom line.  Just saying it as I see it.

3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

thats the one good thing I've seen him do so far.  And even then, and not really a criticism he was just on, but he missed the chance.

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

like furuhashi, he’s supposed to be lightweight fast and using his pace in behind.  Earlier in the season we were playing it to feet and asking him to hold it up.  

we need to play to his strengths 

agreed

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

👍

All he needs is McKay playing behind him. Those defence splitting passes through to Tagawa's runs could be lethal

Takeshi kovac
16 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

He took his goal well against Thistle then been out injured.  When we start playing him centrally and get him behind the defence we will see the best from him. He is not a winger so not really going to judge his out of position performances

Problem is not Tagawa. The problem is our players are to slow to thread the ball to him. Seen I'm loads of times make run past last man. But ball has went back the way. They are good runs too.

jamboinglasgow
20 minutes ago, Chimp said:

👍

All he needs is McKay playing behind him. Those defence splitting passes through to Tagawa's runs could be lethal

Definitely, or Lowry can do that (though Mckay is the best one.) Would love to see a pacey front 3, Vargas, Tagawa and Oda seem to be the best. Though the issue is we are seeing Vargas best in the middle, would also mean you would have to have Shankland playing a number 10 role which means McKay could not play. 

I would say the way I would love to see lined up (if all are fit) is;

Tagawa

McKay         Shankland       Oda

Shankland drops behind Tagawa allowing him to move the ball but also to get into the box at the right time. Oda getting pace down the right and McKay adding the creative side and could push towards the middle if needed.

Also allows possibility you could swap them with

Vargas

Lowry           Boyce           Forrest

39 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

What Gino gave us which was overlooked was actually power.  He was really strong.  He wasnt great with his back to goal as such, but he was a bit of a beast really.  I think cos he'd been a winger, folk saw him as a speedy tanner baw type.  Not for me - he led the line in a really direct way if that makes sense.  If anything I wanted Gino to play MORE on the shoulder.  MORE down the channels.

Tagawa might be a bit more of a subtle player, who makes clever runs. What I think he will be very good at is either creating or picking up loose balls.  The footage we've seen of him plus his cameos, he doesn't give defenders a second on the ball.  I don't see us being a counter attack team (we can't be!!), but I do see us looking to be a team who are very big on transitions.  Look to win the ball high and go.  He'd be central to that.

What was interesting in the article about him last week was Naisy saying he's trying to encourage him to be more direct - that sometimes he's chosing safer options .maybe trying to do "the right thing" or whatever.  But Naisy wants him to just be dangerous.  I like that and hope he takes it on.  That's a confidence thing isn't it.

All you can have for Tagawa at the moment is hope isn't it.  But hopefully he is ready to start his season properly now.

39 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Problem is not Tagawa. The problem is our players are to slow to thread the ball to him. Seen I'm loads of times make run past last man. But ball has went back the way. They are good runs too.

Yeah.  I think Baz/Lowry/Grant will help that and none were overly involved when he was (I'd guess?).  I actually also think Hof maybe more likely to pick a pass now.  Also the new 3 at back can help.  Kye's forward passing has been really excellent recently and we know what Kingsley can do.  So we have plenty guys capable and you'd hope now drilled to make it the instinct.

Easy to forget that this was more or less coached out of the team - the easier pass was the correct option for quite a while there...

12 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Definitely, or Lowry can do that (though Mckay is the best one.) Would love to see a pacey front 3, Vargas, Tagawa and Oda seem to be the best. Though the issue is we are seeing Vargas best in the middle, would also mean you would have to have Shankland playing a number 10 role which means McKay could not play. 

I would say the way I would love to see lined up (if all are fit) is;

Tagawa

McKay         Shankland       Oda

Shankland drops behind Tagawa allowing him to move the ball but also to get into the box at the right time. Oda getting pace down the right and McKay adding the creative side and could push towards the middle if needed.

Also allows possibility you could swap them with

Vargas

Lowry           Boyce           Forrest

Love the look of that first line up (If Tagawa gets up to speed of course)

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

But again that's a very different thing to losing patience with him and being happy to see him go!!

It's like our fans want to drive everyone out the club!

If someone comes in with a big old offer for Alex, a cracking young player, and he moves on, he'll go with a cheery wave and a thank you.  We have Kingsley and we can recruit well with the money.  

Maybe I'm getting caught up in wording, but I just don't know what people expect from our players.  Honestly I don't.

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Yup think people maybe read the headline of that EEN article last week and not the print!!  The thrust was he's frustrated with his lack of game time but it's due to injury.  And Naisy saying he has stuff to learn in Scottish football but has been unlucky as not had the chance to do so and settle due to his injury.

And on a broader note, folk saying full training = available but on the same hand there's always chat we rush guys back and they get re-injured.  Which is it?

Acting like you're new here, Royo :D 

It is the JKB way. I could go on all day but my recent favourites:

On Tagawa/Gordon/Halkett/others:

"Another injury?! Get rid of him!"

Gets back to training:

"He's in the background of an Instagram post with a ball at his feet! Get him oan at Hampden!"

On just about any player who has left us at some point:

"He's pish, get rid of him!"

And when they leave:

"He's doing awrite for (insert shitey irrelevant team) - can't believe we let him go! Get him back!" (repeat every transfer window)

On Halliday:

"Imagine getting a hair transplant! What a nick! Get rid of him!"

Once he's away:

"We could use a seasoned pro like Halliday - should have gave him another contract! Sack the manager for letting him go!"

On young players:

"Play yoof!"

Youth players get a game:

"Our Academy is pish! Sack everyone!"

On the press:

Anderson publishes story with slightly negative sounding headline:

"This is pish. We're pish. I've decided without reading the whole thing that we should sack the whole board!"

Anderson publishes positive sounding story:

"Barry Anderson is a bawbag! Should sack whoever keeps talking to him!"

On the hotel:

"Waste of money. Sack whoever signed this off. Spend the money on the team!"

Once it gets going and starts making some money:

"Can't believe we didn't do this years ago - get someone sacked for not doing it sooner!"

On Hearts Women:

"A wummins team? I am outraged!"

"Here that Eva Olid's awrite in't she!"

With Cochrane it seems to be "He's had a couple of harsh red cards - he's a liability - get rid of him!" - but he will go onto bigger things and then there'll be the usual criticism about not keeping hold of good players. 

7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Gets back to training:

"He's in the background of an Instagram post with a ball at his feet! Get him oan at Hampden!"

And when they leave:

"He's doing awrite for (insert shitey irrelevant team) - can't believe we let him go! Get him back!" (repeat every transfer window)

On Halliday:

Once he's away:

"We could use a seasoned pro like Halliday - should have gave him another contract! Sack the manager for letting him go!"

On young players:

"Play yoof!"

On the press:

"This is pish. We're pish. I've decided without reading the whole thing that we should sack the whole board!"

On the hotel:

"Can't believe we didn't do this years ago - get someone sacked for not doing it sooner!"

On Hearts Women:

With Cochrane it seems to be "He's had a couple of harsh red cards - he's a liability - get rid of him!" - but he will go onto bigger things and then there'll be the usual criticism about not keeping hold of good players. 

Good post , I agree with all of it except Halliday

jamboinglasgow
23 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Gets back to training:

And when they leave:

On Halliday:

Once he's away:

On young players:

"Play yoof!"

On the press:

On the hotel:

On Hearts Women:

You forget on signings:

"we have had enough of journeymen from down south, get some exotic player from abroad."

Signs a couple of foreign players who take a few games to adapt

"They are pish, why didn't we sign underrated players from down south like Motherwell do so well doing who can hit the ground running."

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think when you look at players not in favour, you need to look at combinations and beyond an individual. Its too easy to say, he is better than him, however its sum of the parts

5 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I think when you look at players not in favour, you need to look at combinations and beyond an individual. Its too easy to say, he is better than him, however its sum of the parts

Agree thats the managers role IMO.  Get a set of players in positions where they just have to repeatedly do things they are good at.  And combine that set of players doing things they are good at, into a team that scores plenty goals and doesn't concede many.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***