***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***

dazajmbo

41 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

What am I missing? we beat killie 3-1 last season

-

Completely missed that for some reason haha. So we've beaten them once since Feb 2019. 

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ricardo Quaresma
24 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Completely missed that for some reason haha. So we've beaten them once since Feb 2019.

They certainly need to be dealt with

The 2 Aussies from midden out of contract at the end of the season. Could easily pick up one or both for sweeties either winter window or end of the season?!!

3 hours ago, Spongebob said:

The 2 Aussies from midden out of contract at the end of the season. Could easily pick up one or both for sweeties either winter window or end of the season?!!

Or do a swap with Rowles and Halliday as part of the deal in January

15 hours ago, Spongebob said:

Yes, was wondering about that. St.Mirren supposedly wanted silly money for Strain this summer when we enquired.  Wonder if he has been lined up for a cheap move to us in Jan after signing a pre-contract.  Would explain why we went for a centre-back on loan from Brighton as our standby rb for the first half of the season 

I hope we're seriously considering Joe Wright and Callum Slattery in January.   Wright would massively improve our goal threat from corners as well as competing for central defense position, and Slattery offers a decent threat going forward from midfield.

Just now, Lone Striker said:

I hope we're seriously considering Joe Wright and Callum Slattery in January.   Wright would massively improve our goal threat from corners as well as competing for central defense position, and Slattery offers a decent threat going forward from midfield.

Joe Wright was absolutely honking when he played for us last pre season 

15 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Pre-season stuff isn't a reliable indicator though.  Wasn't he without a club  when we gave him a trial ?  He's since had a  full season at Killie to settle, and he's done quite well there.     Given the recent  fragility of our defensive duo with no sign of Halkett coming back yet, it seems obvious that we need a decent third central defender in the squad.  Kingsley is now needed at LB so he's not available to deputise at CB

jamboinglasgow

Early prediction, I think we will try to sign two players from East Asian countries (so 1 South Korean and 1 Japanese player.) I reckon we will go back in for Riku Handa (provided his injury has healed by then.)

This prediction is based on no inside info, just a feeling.

5 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Early prediction, I think we will try to sign two players from East Asian countries (so 1 South Korean and 1 Japanese player.) I reckon we will go back in for Riku Handa (provided his injury has healed by then.)

This prediction is based on no inside info, just a feeling.

I think we would have gone back in for Handu in the summer if he hadn’t picked up that injury. I agree, if he’s fit we’ll try again in the winter. Seemed to be one of our main targets and haven’t tried to get another rb on a permanent. 

Edited by GinRummy

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I think we would have gone back in for Handu in the summer if he hadn’t picked up that injury. I agree, if he’s fit we’ll try again in the winter. Seemed to be one of our main targets and haven’t tried to get another rb on a permanent. 

Yeah, he also will still have that clause in his contract that we looked to activate in the summer (unless he signs a new contract.) I

On 15/09/2023 at 18:50, Spongebob said:

Strain's deliveries are excellent. Would be a good signing. Can see Shanks getting on the end of those. 

On 15/09/2023 at 18:50, Spongebob said:

I'd sign them both. 

The Livi keeper Shamal George has looked decent when I have seen him. 

You would imagine CG will be looking to pack it in soon so he could be a long term replacement. 

12 minutes ago, Rods said:

You would imagine CG will be looking to pack it in soon so he could be a long term replacement. 

Let a penalty squeeze under him today!

14 minutes ago, Rods said:

He looks utter shite. 

Ariagner Smith 6 ft 2 in striker moving to last year of his contract in January 

Played in Europe 1 goal scored

International Nicaragua 

Within hearts budget range

With Lithuanian league leaders panevezys

13 goals

6 international goals

25 in December 

Douglas aurelio Brazilian Portuguese midfielder with riga

Marko regza striker with riga

Draws against the Turks and fiorentina last year whereas hearts lost these games

Again in hearts price range

On 16/09/2023 at 21:16, 19/05/2012 said:

Thought he was alright actually and was quite surprised we didn't sign him. An absolute unit of a CB and has done well at Killie. We've finally ended up with someone better in Frankie Kent but it took us a couple of tries. 

On 23/09/2023 at 14:01, Rods said:

Don't rate him. He's prone to a big error and don't think he's that great a shot-stopper. If we're nicking a keeper from elsewhere in the Prem it should be Roos but think we'll need to look further afield for our next keeper. I'd take Hemming from St Mirren as our no 2. 

On 15/09/2023 at 21:57, tcjambo said:

Or do a swap with Rowles and Halliday as part of the deal in January

Fantasy stuff. Absolutely no way St Mirren could afford their wages this season and although Rowles has been shaky lately he is far too good for them. 

Edited by Batistuta87

11 hours ago, kamck61 said:

Draws against the Turks and fiorentina last year whereas hearts lost these games

Douglas Aurelio looks a player.

12 hours ago, kamck61 said:

International Nicaragua 

13 goals

6 international goals

25 in December 

11 hours ago, kamck61 said:

Daniel djuric 20 yr old Bulgarian Icelandic scores for fun midfielder

Top of table team vikingur

Icelandic international in hearts range

Every one of these guys are exactly the sort of players we should be looking at and asking questions about. They won't be on big money where they are and we could almost certainly afford every one of them. Not saying they would jump at the chance to sign with us or anything like that but we should be at least looking. We won't get to the next level without thinking outside the box and going for these sort of guys. I think we've exhausted the A-League for now, and its time to look a little higher at some teams who were in/around our UECL pot - like Riga, Rosenborg, etc. 

I am a big believer that our wage structure needs looking at though if the info about strict caps is true. There needs to be allowances for outliers and for bringing the rest of the squad up to a certain level if we increase the overall playing standard. Needs to be done. 

Edited by Batistuta87

International Nicaragua 

13 goals

6 international goals

25 in December 

Something the Brighton owner said about trading players was that you never want to be in a position of buying to replace a player you've just sold because everyones prices go up. 

This laddie seems to have an impressive goal record and looks a big physical unit. IF the club has a fair idea of if Shankland is willing to stay or not, we should really be investigating bringing in another striker to replace him. I know we have Boyce (couldn't score in a brothel) and Tagawa (not the same type of player), but we really could do with another.

Completely appreciate the Lithuanian league isn't up to much, but that doesn't mean it won't have good players here and there, particularly when they're <25. Plus, Miko, Chesny and Zal did pretty damn well for us. 

33 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Every one of these guys are exactly the sort of players we should be looking at and asking questions about. They won't be on big money where they are and we could almost certainly afford every one of them. Not saying they would jump at the chance to sign with us or anything like that but we should be at least looking. We won't get to the next level without thinking outside the box and going for these sort of guys. I think we've exhausted the A-League for now, and its time to look a little higher at some teams who were in/around our UECL pot - like Riga, Rosenborg, etc. 

I am a big believer that our wage structure needs looking at though if the info about strict caps is true. There needs to be allowances for outliers and for bringing the rest of the squad up to a certain level if we increase the overall playing standard. Needs to be done. 

Yeah, its exactly where we should be looking. Like everything, IN MODERATION, but we should absolutely be keeping an eye on these eastern markets. Great opportunity for value for money, and its not really a market we've used under Savage. 

I think the perfect sort of team for us is an Scottish/English speaking core, augmented with signings from abroad that can improve us. Just pointing the obvious out with that, of course it doesn't add much, but I'm thinking of the criticism Levein got as DOF when we were basically only signing foreigners and a feeling that they didn't "get" the club opened up. 

On 23/09/2023 at 14:01, Rods said:

Zander for me is okay, but thats about it. 

If we're looking for a long term Craig Gordon replacement, Robbie McCrorie could be a very valid option. 

He'll never be trusted at Rangers because GK is too important a position for title challengers and most managers will prefer an experienced option. But the laddie can't sit there forever. Contract up in 2025, so either get him in to replace Gordon then, or try and get him in before as an understudy with a clear path to taking over. 

I quite like Liam Kelly too, he's not shy about claiming crosses and is a solid enough shot stopper. TBH Seems too good for Motherwell (in the least arrogant way possible :D).

Jon McLaughlin back I don't think would be a bad shout, he's contracted at Rangers to 2024, and if he wants to actually play football, I'd not be unhappy to see him back. Very solid keeper for us. On the older side though. 

We could absolutely go further afield than Scotland though, completely appreciate that. 

I'm absolutely spamming this thread, but if Beni won't sign an extension, I wonder if we could do a swap deal in January with Peterborough for Jeando Fuchs? - Beni gets to move back down South, Fuchs comes back to a league he did well in. Seems like a win/win. 

Also, I promise I don't have Jeando Fuchs posters on my wall..... :whistling:

1 hour ago, OTT said:

If we're looking for a long term Craig Gordon replacement, Robbie McCrorie could be a very valid option. 

He'll never be trusted at Rangers because GK is too important a position for title challengers and most managers will prefer an experienced option. But the laddie can't sit there forever. Contract up in 2025, so either get him in to replace Gordon then, or try and get him in before as an understudy with a clear path to taking over. 

I quite like Liam Kelly too, he's not shy about claiming crosses and is a solid enough shot stopper. TBH Seems too good for Motherwell (in the least arrogant way possible :D).

Jon McLaughlin back I don't think would be a bad shout, he's contracted at Rangers to 2024, and if he wants to actually play football, I'd not be unhappy to see him back. Very solid keeper for us. On the older side though. 

We could absolutely go further afield than Scotland though, completely appreciate that. 

Coming out and getting crosses is vital for a goalie and this is where I feel Clark is lacking. 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

I like McCrorie. He's not quite there but I think could be a good keeper and as you say he's probably never going to be handed the gloves at Rangers. I'd take him. 

Kelly is an OK keeper but I think he's a total fud and so I would find it hard to be happy if we signed him. 

McLaughlin is massively out of practice unfortunately and is just one of many, many players that Rangers have taken from other teams and left to rot on their bench. He was absolutely woeful when he came in for a few games for McGregor last season and looked like the old man of the two. He was slow, soft, and generally just not very good. Has fallen away massively since he was at Hearts and is only going to decline further at his age, so he'd be a no from me too. 

Loads of good keepers out there though. I liked Stryjek at Livi and he's out of contract at the end of the season (and still only 26yo). He'd maybe be worth a shout. 

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, OTT said:

Something the Brighton owner said about trading players was that you never want to be in a position of buying to replace a player you've just sold because everyones prices go up. 

This laddie seems to have an impressive goal record and looks a big physical unit. IF the club has a fair idea of if Shankland is willing to stay or not, we should really be investigating bringing in another striker to replace him. I know we have Boyce (couldn't score in a brothel) and Tagawa (not the same type of player), but we really could do with another.

Completely appreciate the Lithuanian league isn't up to much, but that doesn't mean it won't have good players here and there, particularly when they're <25. Plus, Miko, Chesny and Zal did pretty damn well for us. 

There can be something worth looking at the leagues. I have noticed that you are seeing more players from outside Europe who make it eventually to the top 5 leagues move to Baltic clubs and kick on from there.

6 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Riga maybe have something as I said they drew with the Turks and fiorentina whilst hearts got nothing but that's up to Joe savage and his team

Recently transfer windows suggest that older players in the squad will be replaced. On that basis Boyce, halliday, haring and McGovern are all in their last year. Not fast enough for European football that is the bar

Need a tall striker and midfielder who have pace and presence, and goals!

academy players have to start coming through

Usual question marks with loan players some stay some don't..... Lowry and offiah 

• 1 month later...

Now in November, and probably approaching a fairly decent view on the squad.

For me, the biggest plus is Callem, he really looks to be settling in and isn't the failed signing I thought he was. Really pleased to see this, and perhaps makes our Winter window a little bit easier. I still think there are questions over Beni though, and neither Haring or Halliday look fit for purpose. I don't think we've replaced Mikey Smith or Gino either, and I'd probably like to see some movement there too. 

My wish list is:

In

Jeando Fuchs - Peterborough

Callum Paterson - Shefield Wednesday

Johnny Russell - Kansas City (Free) 

Ryan Strain - St Mirren (Pre-Contract)/ Alternatively, Shaun Rooney - Fleetwood (Pre-contract)

Keanu Baccus - St Mirren (Pre-Contract)

Blair Spittal - Motherwell (Pre-Contract)

Out

Andy Halliday

Peter Haring

Odel Offiah

Alan Forrest

There is probably an arguement to be made for replacing Sibbick too. Big mistakes in big fixtures too many times. Managers can't really trust him despite him being a very good player in terms of ability. Likewise, Jorge Grant doesn't seem fancied by management. 

Think as well on Rowles, he can play well in a back 3, but Naismith doesn't seem to want a back 3. Would it be worth it, maybe in the summer to cash in (if we can) and go for someone like Stuart Findlay and have a more solid defensive pairing in the middle (Halks/Kent + Findlay) ? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

For me, the biggest plus is Callem, he really looks to be settling in and isn't the failed signing I thought he was. Really pleased to see this, and perhaps makes our Winter window a little bit easier. I still think there are questions over Beni though, and neither Haring or Halliday look fit for purpose. I don't think we've replaced Mikey Smith or Gino either, and I'd probably like to see some movement there too. 

My wish list is:

In

Ryan Strain - St Mirren (Pre-Contract)/ Alternatively, Shaun Rooney - Fleetwood (Pre-contract)

Out

Andy Halliday

Peter Haring

Odel Offiah

Alan Forrest

There is probably an arguement to be made for replacing Sibbick too. Big mistakes in big fixtures too many times. Managers can't really trust him despite him being a very good player in terms of ability. Likewise, Jorge Grant doesn't seem fancied by management. 

Think as well on Rowles, he can play well in a back 3, but Naismith doesn't seem to want a back 3. Would it be worth it, maybe in the summer to cash in (if we can) and go for someone like Stuart Findlay and have a more solid defensive pairing in the middle (Halks/Kent + Findlay) ? 

If we get another midfielder they really have to able to pass, Aguiar type, never getting that quality but of that style.

Right back, maybe even two. With everybody back by the time the window opens, time for some tough love to get shot of the wasters

11 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

If we get another midfielder they really have to able to pass, Aguiar type, never getting that quality but of that style.

Right back, maybe even two. With everybody back by the time the window opens, time for some tough love to get shot of the wasters

Its why I've mentioned Forrest, Grant and Sibbick - all decent players but for a variety of reasons not working out - Forrest I don't think can cope with the expectation and delivering a consistent level of performance (works hard but decision making very questionable). Grant hasn't delivered and is probably on a decent wage and Sibbick keeps ****ing up in big moments. Wouldn't love to lose any of them, quite like all 3 for their hard work and ability on the ball, but as you say tough love. No time for sentimentality. 

24 minutes ago, OTT said:

My wish list is:

In

Out

Andy Halliday

Peter Haring

Odel Offiah

Alan Forrest

I’d take Strain and Baccus, accept Fuchs and Russell but wouldn’t be overjoyed and I’d be outraged at the other 3. 

HillmanHearts

We have a squad of similar types who are technically reasonable footballers, who all work reasonably hard and are basically nice guys.

As a group we have no aggression, we are one-paced, we are easily bullied and we fold like a cheap suit when the going gets tough.

We desperately need more grit, power, pace, guile and leadership.

That ain’t gonna happen overnight, but we need to review our signing strategy immediately.

No more fecken projects, we surely have enough for now !

25 minutes ago, OTT said:

Its why I've mentioned Forrest, Grant and Sibbick - all decent players but for a variety of reasons not working out - Forrest I don't think can cope with the expectation and delivering a consistent level of performance (works hard but decision making very questionable). Grant hasn't delivered and is probably on a decent wage and Sibbick keeps ****ing up in big moments. Wouldn't love to lose any of them, quite like all 3 for their hard work and ability on the ball, but as you say tough love. No time for sentimentality. 

I thought Sibbick and Grant were really poor on Sunday. Not for the first time this season. Sibbick was all over the place and Grant just cannot get himself involved effectively, largely because he's just so slow.

Grant and Halliday have been informed their game time will be limited yet both have been in matchday squads most of this season and Grant has managed to start a number of games recently. Not sure what message that sends out but it's not a leap to believe talk of player unrest isn't plausible.

That said, after how this group collapsed last season they shouldn't be allowed to decide if they fancy Naismith as a manager or not. Many are very lucky they're still at the club. Clubs with lesser tolerance for that level of capitulation would've gutted that squad in the summer. The fact we didn't and have quite clearly imposed a backroom team upon Naismith really shows the whole thing was doomed from the start.

Complete mess and entirely avoidable.

12 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

We have a squad of similar types who are technically reasonable footballers, who all work reasonably hard and are basically nice guys.

As a group we have no aggression, we are one-paced, we are easily bullied and we fold like a cheap suit when the going gets tough.

We desperately need more grit, power, pace, guile and leadership.

That ain’t gonna happen overnight, but we need to review our signing strategy immediately.

No more fecken projects, we surely have enough for now !

We need The Craigs back.  They're our leaders and have been hugely missed.

Feel like I’ve been saying this for years but we need a right back first and foremost.

Beyond that I think we need a striker who can batter opposition centre halves and take some of the pressure off Shanks when teams sit in.

I think a centre mid who can pass the ball and handle himself would also be a godsend

8 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I'd do my best to keep Lowry

It would be fantastic if we could turn that into a permanent deal, but I just don't see it. He's not making their first team IMO, too inconsistent and wasteful on the ball. They can buy better without breaking the bank. A bit like Ross McCrorie, moving to a Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen would give him the minutes to develop properly. If he stays at Rangers he's just going to be fed loan moves until he's 24/25 then out on his arse. 

Money is the problem, I could see Rangers wanting £750K+ for him and that is a lot of money we probably won't be up for paying. 

Be interesting to test the water and see if the player is open to it, and how willing Rangers are to sell. 

2 hours ago, OTT said:

My wish list is:

In

Out

Andy Halliday

Peter Haring

Odel Offiah

Alan Forrest

Only Baccus would interest me in that list. 

Would only go for a right back this winter. Maybe a more physical striker. Our squad is more than good enough for 3rd. Need better management team in first before we do any signings.

1 hour ago, OTT said:

My wish list is:

In

Out

Andy Halliday

Peter Haring

Odel Offiah

Alan Forrest

Can't say I would be massively unhappy with those. I'm not sure about Johnny Russell - has a bit of the GMS-s about him but then he is still getting goals etc in MLS now, GMS wasn't. But anyway this is my new wish list, which will absolutely change every couple of days 🤣 : 

RB: Josh Risdon (Western Utd) (Cammy's mate, replaces Michael Smith which we've failed to do this season)

CB: Ziga Lapuscek (Big 6'6 blond lad who played against us for Riga) (replaces Sibbick if he goes)

CM: Keanu Baccus (St Mirren) (replaces Halliday)

CM: Yan Dhanda (Ross County) (replaces Haring, more attack-minded)

RW/LW: Anastasios Donis (APOEL Nicosia) (replaces Forrest, can also play as a ST)

Same outs as you, and would listen to offers for Sibbick. 

On 12/09/2023 at 22:04, OTT said:

If Naisy is still here by then, I think we're just going to need to keep lurching forward with virtually the same squad. There was a reason we couldn't get rid of everyone we wanted to and I think in January the issue isn't going to suddenly resolve itself. But hopefully we can at least look at loaning them out and getting most of their wages off the wage bill. Maybe give Savage a bit space on our wage bill to work with. 

Do hope we're able to add a little bit of quality. Maybe try for some experience and give us a bit of push for the final stretch of the season. Halkett coming back and hopefully Beni getting back to normal before Christmas could be like new signings. Although, after whatever we want to call Beni's cameo v Rosenborg, its maybe a bit risky to be betting anything on them coming back the same players. 

Unfortunately Beni's return so far has been just like a new signing, and that's not heaping praise on either 😒 

RustyRightPeg
12 minutes ago, R9. said:

Daniel Armstrong 

Keanu Baccus 

I’d be happy for we should be hoovering up the best players from the rest of the league outside Old firm us and Aberdeen when they get to there last year in the contract ( need to be good enough though ) 

Baccus yes. Armstrong would cost a bit he’s on a 3 year deal that he signed towards the end of last season.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***