***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***

dazajmbo

8 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We are not going to sign much in January as I say. Right back and maybe another.

Although the Japanese are more likely to sell in January…their season end.

A couple of gems I’ve mentioned out of contract at end of January.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Torres said:

The use of TM values on here is bizarre. They are an absolute nonsense and no indication of how much a player would cost. The only time it is realistic is when a player moves and they update the value to the recent fee paid.

Look at the values of some of our players for examples of how off they are.

Shankland - £1.3m

Cochrane - 800k

Kent 700k

Not ours but Lowry valued at 250k

All of these would cost substantially more than the value on TM

Never understood this either. It has absolutely no meaning whatsoever. Figures plucked out of nowhere and for anyone to use those valuations as a true marker is madness. 

Edited by Chimp

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Although the Japanese are more likely to sell in January…their season end.

A couple of gems I’ve mentioned out of contract at end of January.

I was listening to the Hearts standard morning briefing yesterday, Joel Sked did mention that Naismith likes new players to have time to bed in so they may not initially come in as starters. To me that would fit well with signing a few from the far East, where the view is more longer term.

I defintely see as at least attempt to sign a couple of players from either Japan or South Korea in the January window.

Takeshi kovac
On 19/11/2023 at 18:18, Heartsofgold said:

Langstaff is a goal machine.  he's being watched by Championship level clubs and is out of our price range unfortunately.

Really? That will be that then

21 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I was listening to the Hearts standard morning briefing yesterday, Joel Sked did mention that Naismith likes new players to have time to bed in so they may not initially come in as starters. To me that would fit well with signing a few from the far East, where the view is more longer term.

I defintely see as at least attempt to sign a couple of players from either Japan or South Korea in the January window.

Daft policy...if they are good enough they should play more.. its now November and he's still sating this 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Of course!

Football Manager 2024: My Save Plans – Football Manager Addict

Haha exactly where he's getting them from.

Saying he's mentioned a few "gems" on here because he's looked at some FM stats and their potential. 

In January I'd like to see us moving on the likes of Haring, Halliday, Sibbick and Grant.

They will all be on decent enough wages which would best be used to sign replacements of a better standard. I'd even rather see our academy players given a chance before any of them. 

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

You should,I do it through my work.

Your work involves travelling to places such as Japan and going to football?

Or are you just watching football while you're there on other business?

You get stick on here but if you're that involved in the game then it's fair enough to throw out names on here.

Edited by Nookie Bear

42 minutes ago, Takeshi kovac said:

Really? That will be that then

42 in 45 Games in the National League last season and 15 in 18 games in League 2 this season for Notts County.

2 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

42 in 45 Games in the National League last season and 15 in 18 games in League 2 this season for Notts County.

Has real Jamie Vardy vibes about him 😛

jamboinglasgow
13 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Daft policy...if they are good enough they should play more.. its now November and he's still sating this 

Actually its not, its a reality of transfers that effects all clubs. Some players can hit the ground running, Frankie Kent is an example of this. But players can take time to adapt, especially ones moving to a new country where they have to adapt off and on the pitch. So you may have to take a long term view towards signings, thats not to say that you cant get players who can do well short term or a new signing cant contribute well when getting up to speed.

18 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

We need a quality attacking central midfielder or a number 10. Can't see this happening in the upcoming window however.

Sadly.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Like Kent and Vargas? If they’re needed they will start no matter what JS thinks that SN thinks 😆.

42 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Actually its not, its a reality of transfers that effects all clubs. Some players can hit the ground running, Frankie Kent is an example of this. But players can take time to adapt, especially ones moving to a new country where they have to adapt off and on the pitch. So you may have to take a long term view towards signings, thats not to say that you cant get players who can do well short term or a new signing cant contribute well when getting up to speed.

Problem with that is we're signing players on usually 3 years.  Then first six months is spent getting up to speed.  Then they are either emptied (e.g. Kio), or come good.  But we're losing six months of a 3 year deal to "getting up to speed".  That should be taken into account when we consider the overall value of signing these players.

As for signings.  We need a right back, same as we did last window.  Hopefully we bother to sign one this time.

Edited by HopeDiouf

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, HopeDiouf said:

Problem with that is we're signing players on usually 3 years.  Then first six months is spent getting up to speed.  Then they are either emptied (e.g. Kio), or come good.  But we're losing six months of a 3 year deal to "getting up to speed".  That should be taken into account when we consider the over value of signing these players.

Spot on, you shouldn’t really have too many but you will when you sign players with the hope to sell them on and make yourself look good. The problem is you have to have coaches able to improve them. 

2 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

We need a quality attacking central midfielder or a number 10. Can't see this happening in the upcoming window however.

I've mentioned Dan Kemp before. Likely cheap and no real idea if he would cut it in the Spl, but if good stats and a goal scoring midfielder is what we are looking for, this wouldn't be a bad signing with potential. 

Came through the ranks with West Ham, playing for their u21's. On loan at Swindon. Plays on left, right or through the middle. His goals scored and assists are phenomenal. Ive checked him out on their forum just to see what the fans think of him. Haven't seen anything negative. 

Only league 2 I know but.............

Maybe offload Grant if he's not going to be a regular starter. 

I'm not sure that we need a right-back as desperately as we did before Kingsley showed that he is more than capable, but we do need another (big) target-man striker, and possibly an attacking midfielder if we can find a good one.

6 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I'm not sure that we need a right-back as desperately as we did before Kingsley showed that he is more than capable, but we do need another (big) target-man striker, and possibly an attacking midfielder if we can find a good one.

kingsley gets through games at right back, but often has to cut back and play the ball across the back line as he’s much stronger on his left foot.  We definitely need a right back

42 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

kingsley gets through games at right back, but often has to cut back and play the ball across the back line as he’s much stronger on his left foot.  We definitely need a right back

Have to agree, Kingsley been fine there but definitely need a right sided defender in there. I liked the sound of Handa and wonder if we’ll be back in for him

6 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Have to agree, Kingsley been fine there but definitely need a right sided defender in there. I liked the sound of Handa and wonder if we’ll be back in for him

I hope we for someone ready to step in right away, rather than another that needs 6 months to settle in.

7 minutes ago, Chimp said:

That would be Handa to know. 

I wonder if we’ve ever made an attempt to bring Alessandro Circati to the club. Fairly common knowledge that we’ve missed out on at least a couple of young Australians - Silvera and Tillio. I wonder if Circati is another. 

Likely out of our price range now. Playing every week for the league leaders in Serie B.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

I just rarely delete stuff from my email.

I hope you dont subscribe to as much crap as I do 😜 👍🏽

19 minutes ago, RDSK said:

I wonder if we’ve ever made an attempt to bring Alessandro Circati to the club. Fairly common knowledge that we’ve missed out on at least a couple of young Australians - Silvera and Tillio. I wonder if Circati is another. 

Likely out of our price range now. Playing every week for the league leaders in Serie B.

Probably looked at just about every player doing well in the A-League. Whether we've actively tried to sign them or not is another matter. Maybe been dissuaded by agents/contacts/other players if there are any who we haven't approached... 

I reckon Jamie MacLaren will be on our radar as a possible replacement for Shankland if he goes. Certainly the sort of level we'll need to aim for to replace his goals. 

Jake Brimmer would be a decent shout too. And I've been saying for a wee bit that Josh Risdon, although 31 now, would have been a good replacement for Smith and good backup for Nate. Callan Elliott another, but its a bit strange that he's been without a club for so long.

Edited by Batistuta87

1 hour ago, Getintaethem said:

We absolutely do need a RB. I'd be making St Mirren offers for a couple of players. Strain would be one of them. O'Hara would add a presence with mobility to our midfield. Sadly that area of the park repeatedly comes up short against better opposition. 

I can see us being fairly active in January with incoming and outgoing movement. 

1 minute ago, Carter said:

We absolutely do need a RB. I'd be making St Mirren offers for a couple of players. Strain would be one of them. O'Hara would add a presence with mobility to our midfield. Sadly that area of the park repeatedly comes up short against better opposition. 

I can see us being fairly active in January with incoming and outgoing movement. 

I'll be absolutely astonished if we don't sign a right back. 

South or Central America will raided again.  Don't think it will be this window. Asian Market is more likely again. Will have to move a good few players on though. So it will be hard.

Edited by johnking123

8 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

South or Central America will raided again.  Don't think it will be this window. Asian Market is more likely again. Will have to move a good few players on though. So it will be hard.

Wonder who they’re looking to shift. I’d guess Halliday and Sibbick. Guessing Grant has maybe got a reprieve. Offiah loan cut early because of his issues? Shankland?

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Wonder who they’re looking to shift. I’d guess Halliday and Sibbick. Guessing Grant has maybe got a reprieve. Offiah loan cut early because of his issues? Shankland?

Offiah will go back I think.  Haring to St Johnstone could happen. Halliday and Grant will be hard to move. Would move sibbick on and brink back lewis neilson.  We will get bids for shankland.  But will have to be  5 million or more to be worth it. We have big squad,  need to bring the numbers down.

11 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Offiah will go back I think.  Haring to St Johnstone could happen. Halliday and Grant will be hard to move. Would move sibbick on and brink back lewis neilson.  We will get bids for shankland.  But will have to be  5 million or more to be worth it. We have big squad,  need to bring the numbers down.

Forgot about Haring. As you know, the issue is how slow this window is. Sibbick shouldn’t be hard to offload if we aren’t too fussy with the price. Anyone else might be loan deals. I mean who is giving Halliday or Haring wages equivalent to us. They’ll sit out their deals I’d think. 

22 minutes ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

I always thought haring will head to St J now. Would be a great signing for them. Maybe Forest too. 

Quite a number to be moved on before Forrest I'd imagine. If Naismith is going to be around for a while I'd expect Forrest to get a new deal. 

21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Forgot about Haring. As you know, the issue is how slow this window is. Sibbick shouldn’t be hard to offload if we aren’t too fussy with the price. Anyone else might be loan deals. I mean who is giving Halliday or Haring wages equivalent to us. They’ll sit out their deals I’d think. 

Halliday or Haring could go on loan,  with us picking up half the wage. Something like that. But yes , January is a hard window. 

On 17/11/2023 at 15:58, Batistuta87 said:

Just looks a player from what I have seen. I'm faithful.

Agree with you on Tagawa. His movement and pace is very good, he needs to get up to speed and in the side because he can be a key player for us.

• Moderators

Please keep in mind that spamming the transfer thread or commenting on moderator actions will get you removed quickly.

We've already had to remove about 50 posts of spam. If you've had posts removed, please consider that a warning to remain on topic. If your post is not about the forthcoming transfer window then please don't post it.

Thanks.

14 hours ago, johnking123 said:

We are not going to sign much in January as I say. Right back and maybe another.

It all depends on who we can shift out the door first. It could be a case of one out, one in.  The squad is already bloated with mediocrity. We do need 3 direct replacements that are ready to play though. We won’t want to miss guaranteed group stages for the second year on the bounce. 

6 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Probably looked at just about every player doing well in the A-League. Whether we've actively tried to sign them or not is another matter. Maybe been dissuaded by agents/contacts/other players if there are any who we haven't approached... 

I reckon Jamie MacLaren will be on our radar as a possible replacement for Shankland if he goes. Certainly the sort of level we'll need to aim for to replace his goals. 

Jake Brimmer would be a decent shout too. And I've been saying for a wee bit that Josh Risdon, although 31 now, would have been a good replacement for Smith and good backup for Nate. Callan Elliott another, but its a bit strange that he's been without a club for so long.

Unless the bidding for shanks is over £4M/£5M in January then I can’t see us entertaining any bid for him. If he goes to the euros and we get third and he still doesn’t extend his contract then I’m sure we’ll look to find a suitor in the summer. He’s too valuable to us just now to let him go. 3rd place is our holy grail.  

jamboinglasgow

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/exclusive-hearts-january-transfer-plans-revealed-with-new-signing-targets-for-key-positions-4418390

Naismith saying the priority is a right back, they may also sign another attacking player.

He says he wants someone with a bit of experience which he clarifies is someone in their mid-20s, not someone in their 30s (not clear if this is about a right back or about an attacking player.)

Also look to manage the squad numbers as he wants a few youngsters in the squad, train, get on the bench then get subbed in to stake their claim for a start. Feels the squad is currently on the high end of numbers at the moment.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/exclusive-hearts-january-transfer-plans-revealed-with-new-signing-targets-for-key-positions-4418390

Naismith saying the priority is a right back, they may also sign another attacking player.

He says he wants someone with a bit of experience which he clarifies is someone in their mid-20s, not someone in their 30s (not clear if this is about a right back or about an attacking player.)

Also look to manage the squad numbers as he wants a few youngsters in the squad, train, get on the bench then get subbed in to stake their claim for a start. Feels the squad is currently on the high end of numbers at the moment.

Balls on the line, before he has gone so public, the right back is already signed and it will be the Japanese player they were after in the summer, hence we took Offiah on loan.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***