***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***

dazajmbo

Fake Persona

Not terribly fussed either way about KVV maybe signing for a league rival. I'd like him here and see us put him and Shanks up front at home vs bottom 6 teams. Maybe even 3 strikers. Haha no chance. I can but dream 

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
45 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Connor Sammon vibes all over it too. Although Sammon played a higher level than Van Veen in England I think.

Salmon vibes?

Have you seen both players play?

Are your eyes painted on?

Thankfully with Shankland staying,  Boycey here for another year and Vargas and Tagawa further options we won't need Van Veen.

FarmerTweedy
19 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Well we don't actually know that do we?

Of course on paper Dhanda looks a much better option for the CAM role than Grant, but Grant is starting to perform really well now that he's been given an extended chance and he's not so coincidentally started to establish himself in the team right at a time when our form has hit a season high.

As for Fraser, who's to say he'll even be here next season? Even if we do sign him permanently, we've yet to even see him play for us and there's nothing explicit to suggest he's better than Grant given he has never played at a higher level than League One down south. Grant has.

This place would be so much better if people stopped presenting their own opinions as indisputable facts.

We don't know the future. 

Is that a fact or just your opinion?  😉

The White Cockade

if Shanks is fit he plays

KVV would be on the bench 

not much in it for him and a back up for us 

I doubt we’re interested 

4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

It comes from a hun mate of mine who has some sort of connection to the club telling me that Clement doesn't want him because - as you say - he doesn't fit Clement's preferred profile for a Striker. He had been winding me up for months that they were buying him and eventually was like look, I'm winding you up, he's no interested. But just about everyone else at Rangers wants him 🤣

He's gonna go at some point. I know that. I just want us to get as much money as possible when it happens. And if it happens now KVV hits the ground running and probably replaces some of his goals. 

Gives me some hope. Praying he signs that ****ing extension. Although I think we're pissing in the wind. 

Hopefully someones saying to him "you've got a good thing going here". 

Scott Leitch
12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That first paragraph is quite a bit OTT in my opinion. He’s a decent attacker who had one great season at Motherwell. Maybe worth the risk for us in case we need cover for a Shankland injury but he’s unlikely to be a game changer for either Killie or St Mirren. Over the course of his career he’s just not been that good. 

I'd argue even without him they are our only threat for third. If they bring him in it will improve them. I'd be tempted to bring him in if the finances aren't to bad. 

Watt-Zeefuik
11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That first paragraph is quite a bit OTT in my opinion. He’s a decent attacker who had one great season at Motherwell. Maybe worth the risk for us in case we need cover for a Shankland injury but he’s unlikely to be a game changer for either Killie or St Mirren. Over the course of his career he’s just not been that good. 

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The guy has a decent record, just under 1 in every 3 games across his career. But most of that has been in English league one (no higher) and the Dutch second tier. Just doubt he’d be great for us.

To be clear I don't want him at Hearts provided a certain striker is still wearing maroon in a few hours.  If we did get some kind of crazy offer for Shanks, KVV would be my first choice, but I'm not expecting that to happen.

Just saying I think he's going to immediately improve whomever he lands with in Scotland, and that he'll be a handful for us.

I still think we'll get third and that it won't be close, but if KVV lands in Paisley or Ayrshire, that club immediately becomes my biggest worry about it.

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Salmon vibes?

Have you seen both players play?

Are your eyes painted on?

Thankfully with Shankland staying,  Boycey here for another year and Vargas and Tagawa further options we won't need Van Veen.

Obviously not in playing style, but in the sense of each having a good goal scoring patch in Scotland but not much elsewhere

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Is that a fact or just your opinion?  😉

It's an indisputable opinion. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Obviously not in playing style, but in the sense of each having a good goal scoring patch in Scotland but not much elsewhere

VV as more goals, by quite a bit.

Sammon has done relatively well recently tho.

Having watched them both, VAn Veen seems a far better player, but thankfully with pur option we don't need him.

highlandjambo3
9 hours ago, Dazo said:

I’ll be surprised if we are in for him but if we are other than a guaranteed start there is surely no competition there. 

I’d guess (not itk) he’s been informed that we have shown interest if Shankland goes……I’d imagine he (and a lot of others) will be making a decision at the last moment.  A lot of moving parts in the lead up to the big “slam” tonight.

colinmorewasgash

KVV and shankland staying would give us more firepower which we lack but for whatever reason we aren't interested when he wd be ideal knowing our luck shanks stays then gets injured on saturday and we have no back up could be adams was right. If killie get him they could seriously challenge us for 3rd midden id say less so, but dont forget bournemouth hubz.

Pete Elliott
8 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

I'd argue even without him they are our only threat for third. If they bring him in it will improve them. I'd be tempted to bring him in if the finances aren't to bad. 

Been very impressed with Dundee recently. I reckon they have a good shout of 4th if they keep Beck, McCowan and Cameron fit.

BackOfTheNet
4 minutes ago, Rods said:

I equate his record as similar to Boyce’s I might be wrong though. 

Van Veen has 117 in 369 (1 in every 3.15 games). Boyce has 192 in 449 (1 in every 2.3 games)

Although I see in terms of English level. But Boyce played in the Championship and no lower than League One and always in the top level in Scotland (barring the Championship season with us) and also Europe. (On the books of Bremen too)  Van Veen on the other hand only had a few games in the Dutch top flight amongst League One games in England and League Two mostly before his move to Motherwell and Dutch second tier interspersed.

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

He maybe wants to try and play his way into the side. Checked on transfermarket and was surprised to see he’s featured 21 times in all competitions this season, a lot of them at RB right enough and he’s down the pecking order there now. 

Pretty sure Naismith saw enough in the final 7 games of last season to realise he couldn't hang his hat on Sibbick. 

johnking123

KVV would not be first pick if he came here. He was always, going to be Motherwell, St Mirren or Killi type player. Would rather we saved up an concentrated on getting new strikers in the summer.

I see Aberdeen are in for James Forrest at Celtic, would that be someone we should be interested in? 

Strange that’s 2 players Aberdeen are trying to buy without a manager in place. Not a good look for any potential manager that the board or whoever are buying who they want!! 

bobby bombscare
6 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

KVV would not be first pick if he came here. He was always, going to be Motherwell, St Mirren or Killi type player. Would rather we saved up an concentrated on getting new strikers in the summer.

I completely agree with this. 

I think we are looking for a profitable asset in that position. I don't think KVV fits that bill. Outside of McGovern as emergency cover till Gordy was fit, have we signed anyone over 30 since Savage came in?

5 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

I completely agree with this. 

I think we are looking for a profitable asset in that position. I don't think KVV fits that bill. Outside of McGovern as emergency cover till Gordy was fit, have we signed anyone over 30 since Savage came in?

Snodgrass

Chillidigits
44 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

It comes from a hun mate of mine who has some sort of connection to the club telling me that Clement doesn't want him because - as you say - he doesn't fit Clement's preferred profile for a Striker. He had been winding me up for months that they were buying him and eventually was like look, I'm winding you up, he's no interested. But just about everyone else at Rangers wants him 🤣

He's gonna go at some point. I know that. I just want us to get as much money as possible when it happens. And if it happens now KVV hits the ground running and probably replaces some of his goals. 

For me the reason everyone else at Rangers might want him is so that he doesn't score aganst them.

40 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Yeah maybe. Van Veen on last seasons form is a game changer but I’m just not entirely convinced that’s what a buying club would be getting. I do think he’s worth the risk short term in case Shanks gets injured but there’s about  5 clubs who could get 4th. Would Van Veen be the difference? Maybes aye but maybes naw. 

33 minutes ago, Carter said:

Pretty sure Naismith saw enough in the final 7 games of last season to realise he couldn't hang his hat on Sibbick. 

I said something similar when folk were calling for him to replace Rowles at the beginning of the season, when Rowles was struggling. I’m not going to have a go at Toby and don’t mind if he stays but wouldn’t be fussed if he left either. I do know that while a player is still at the club there’s always a chance he could make it. Look at Grant, frozen out of a euro squad and now close to a first pick.

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m not going to want a guy who turns 33 just after the season ends just based on one decent season in this league and nothing but mediocre at best the rest of his career. I want better than that.

I’ll get behind him if was to come (which I don’t think was even considered by the management to board, personally), but I genuinely have no idea why anyone would be eager to have him.

A lot his goals last season for Motherwell were penalties.

SoMarkDevriesy

I would be frustrated if we hadn't at least enquired about getting Van Veen in. I appreciate he may want to be the main man however and not back up to Shanks.

It would have felt pretty comforting having Van Veen lurking on the bench!

Bunny Munro
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I said something similar when folk were calling for him to replace Rowles at the beginning of the season, when Rowles was struggling. I’m not going to have a go at Toby and don’t mind if he stays but wouldn’t be fussed if he left either. I do know that while a player is still at the club there’s always a chance he could make it. Look at Grant, frozen out of a euro squad and now close to a first pick.

The thing is, Sibbick had a better season last season than Rowles, in my opinion . Don't get me wrong, neither were good enough for 3rd. Rowles had a good few weeks before the world cup but was poor to average afterwords, all the way up to Oct/Nov this season. Sibbick was one of our best players during Nov-Jan last season but started and finished the season poorly.

I think a large part of Rowles recapturing his form has being played next to Kent. Sibbick hasn't had that chance. 

BackOfTheNet
4 minutes ago, SoMarkDevriesy said:

I would be frustrated if we hadn't at least enquired about getting Van Veen in. I appreciate he may want to be the main man however and not back up to Shanks.

We really, really, really don’t need him though. And I mean we don’t need any striker. We have enough forwards that will create and score for us between now and the the of the season to secure us 3rd and be competitive in the cup.

soonbe110
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

40 goals in 83 games for Well is almost Shankland type stats.  Not saying we should sign him but his record in Scottish football and with Scunthorpe is better than decent. 

To me, there would be mainly one reason to sign KVV…to basically use the Old Firm tactic of signing players from other teams that are a threat to them, but to basically let that player sit on the bench.

Is it worth the money signing KVV to sit on our bench until the end of the season, for the primary reason of keeping him from signing for Killie or St Mirren…our nearest challengers for third?

We’re currently 10 points clear…does KVV playing for Killie or St Mirren represent a threat to that gap?

9 minutes ago, SoMarkDevriesy said:

it seems incredible that the club are happy with just Shankland as our only goal scorer for the 2nd half of the season. Boyce still injured and not liable to get many goals anyway. We get an injury to Shankland and we have a problem

davie1980
32 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

I see Aberdeen are in for James Forrest at Celtic, would that be someone we should be interested in? 

Strange that’s 2 players Aberdeen are trying to buy without a manager in place. Not a good look for any potential manager that the board or whoever are buying who they want!! 

I'd much rather have Forrest on the wing than KVV for the bench.

Surely the brothers angle could be bait?

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

40 goals in 83 games for Well is almost Shankland type stats.  Not saying we should sign him but his record in Scottish football and with Scunthorpe is better than decent. 

I’m not saying he won’t do well. There’s just about 4 months left and someone will take him on so we will soon find out. 

1 minute ago, HMFC 86 said:

it seems incredible that the club are happy with just Shankland as our only goal scorer for the 2nd half of the season. Boyce still injured and not liable to get many goals anyway. We get an injury to Shankland and we have a problem

Maybe they'll look at the the free transfer market, might be someone suitable available from tomorrow.

skacel103
2 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

We could play vargas up front or tagawa. 

14 minutes ago, SoMarkDevriesy said:

I think we did. Stv news.

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Sibbick was far worse than Rowles.  

not even remotely debate able.  Rowles has been outstanding for months.  We are missing him 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

It's not incredible at all.

Shankland 

Boycey 

Vargas 

Tagawa 

Young will has also played this season.

No club has 3/4  first pick strikers and every club would miss their top striker or goal scorer if they got injured, clubs won't and can't carry far too many options. 

Van Veen also  probably not interested on playing 2nd fiddle to Shankland and hoping he gets injured so he can play regularly. 

Like many posters on here you completely ignore what Van Veen or any top striker similar to Shankland would want financially or game time and as per have a go at the club.

That's what's incredible tbh.

6 minutes ago, skacel103 said:

We could play vargas up front or tagawa. 

we could do, but Tagawa doesn’t give me any confidence he would score goals as he has not contributed much at all this season. Vargas maybe, but that would be quite a lot of expectation on him to make up for the loss of Shankland

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, HMFC 86 said:

we could do, but Tagawa doesn’t give me any confidence he would score goals as he has not contributed much at all this season. Vargas maybe, but that would be quite a lot of expectation on him to make up for the loss of Shankland

I think Tagawa will do a lot better with Fraser sitting in AMC, from reading about Fraser and seeing videos, he is very good at seeing team mates runs and threading the ball through to them. Tagawa for all his faults makes a lot of good runs but does not get service from his team mates. 

Though also Vargas will also benefit from that.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

johnking123

Its a good bet that Shankland is going to move in the summer. So we have to plan for the summer. Hopefully we do get into the group stages next season. But will need probably two new striker. One first choice and one to fight it out with Vargas. Really hope we are looking for something a bit special in our price range.  

Chillidigits
5 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

To me, there would be mainly one reason to sign KVV…to basically use the Old Firm tactic of signing players from other teams that are a threat to them, but to basically let that player sit on the bench.

Is it worth the money signing KVV to sit on our bench until the end of the season, for the primary reason of keeping him from signing for Killie or St Mirren…our nearest challengers for third?

We’re currently 10 points clear…does KVV playing for Killie or St Mirren represent a threat to that gap?

Always liked KVV. No spring chicken but an intelligent player. Will always score goals given the opportunity and the right service. Yes we are 10 points clear but forget that. The main objective is to keep winning games and that means outscoring the opposition. We should do everything within our financial constraints to make that happen. Injuries to key players will affect most teams as the season ends Getting him on board would help us as a squad achieve the all important 3rd place not to mention a decent shot at the cup.

heartsfc_fan
9 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

VV away to Kilmarnock 

That could get them 4th (instead of Hibs or Aberdeen 😁 )

SoMarkDevriesy
19 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

We really, really, really don’t need him though. And I mean we don’t need any striker. We have enough forwards that will create and score for us between now and the the of the season to secure us 3rd and be competitive in the cup.

I appreciate it isn't an urgent matter to recruit another striker, however the realistic prospect of Van Veen being within our reach (a proven SPFL striker) is/was certainly enticing, especially on a low risk 6 month loan. I suppose it could upset the balance and the morale of the squad if someone like Boyce is suddenly 3rd choice (or worse), whilst it also signal to Tagawa he isn't trusted. 

Batistuta87
12 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Folk comparing KVV to Connor Sammon.

:cornette:

😂

Funny how the tune can change on here eh

Edited by Batistuta87

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***