***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***

dazajmbo

pettigrewsstylist

3 way tussle for VV now filtering thro across sport pages. Any truth anyone?

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shooter McGavin
1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

3 way tussle for VV now filtering thro across sport pages. Any truth anyone?

Barry Anderson tweeted 20 mins ago saying we haven't made any moves for him.

pettigrewsstylist
Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

Barry Anderson tweeted 20 mins ago saying we haven't made any moves for him.

👍

6 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Interesting. A flight due in from Amsterdam at 1010 at the airport. Wonder if he’s on it.

If he is won't be to us, our business is finished.

pettigrewsstylist
23 minutes ago, gov said:

Tbf I expect he knows more than everyone on here but we are not known for a flurry of late activity these days. Fingers crossed we get one more 

Maybe we test Ross county resolve, if we lighten the wage bill by one.

Chuck Berry
28 minutes ago, gov said:

Bandersons latest tweet -

Hearts haven't made a move for Van Veen. No more signings expected today unless someone leaves Tynecastle before the deadline. No offers for Shankland and contract still unsigned.

Not too unhappy with that. Fraser is a good loan move as is Dexter, and if we have Dhanda tied up on a pre-contract (and maybe Penrice) then that's bood business.  As long as Shanks doesn't leave.

KVV for 4 months as Shanks cover would be good as well.

RustyRightPeg
11 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Interesting. A flight due in from Amsterdam at 1010 at the airport. Wonder if he’s on it.

He’s been living in Scotland since December when his bairn was born. This is why he’s looking for a club. Groningen gave him permission to stay here. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

With McKay and Boyce struggling, the logical piece of business would be Dhanda, yes cup-tied but at least leaves someone else fresh for the cup ties

34 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

🤷‍♂️

Dutch is such a funny language . If you do not speak it ( I do not ) it looks really bizarre . Like that Pig Latin or something 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Dutch is such a funny language . If you do not speak it ( I do not ) it looks really bizarre . Like that Pig Latin or something 

Dutch law even funnier, twisted I am led to believe, total minefield

Gundermann
7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I can make out 'hoor' and 'slutty'. Think the jist is, he must be desparate for a club.

soonbe110
28 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

He’s only started in 3 out of the 8 games of our unbeaten run so has been a periphery figure compared to the likes of Clark, Kent, Kingsley, Beni, Forrest and Shankland who have played almost every minute.

Grant’s the sort of player who looks decent when the team is performing well but doesn’t stand up when backs are to the wall imo. 

I think he’s shown a few good performances amongst an ocean of dross and I’d quite happily see his shirt go to Tait, Fraser or Dhanda so we’ll just need to agree to disagree. 👍🏻

Our backs were to the wall for 100 minutes at Parkhead recently and he was the best player on the park imo. 

32 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

And why would anyone listen to a chimp?

A chimp would still be more ITK than you Agent 🙂

15 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

With McKay and Boyce struggling, the logical piece of business would be Dhanda, yes cup-tied but at least leaves someone else fresh for the cup ties

Time for Oda and Tagawa to step up. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Dutch law even funnier, twisted I am led to believe, total minefield

3 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

I can make out 'hoor' and 'slutty'. Think the jist is, he must be desparate for a club.

If you read it through the eyes of someone who can only read English and a bit of German then it is like a totally made up language . I love the Netherlands too , just think the language is quite amusing 

25 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

If he is won't be to us, our business is finished.

Aye Barry says so and it must be true. Think I’ll be keeping a weather eye open on things today. It’s funny how things develop on the last day.

Scott Leitch
52 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

To be fair…why would Hearts tell Banderson anything?

He knows as much as anyone else…

You heard anything pal?

Scott Leitch
4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Pal 😂

Eh?

I'm just asking if you have heard any rumours? 

15 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Not too unhappy with that. Fraser is a good loan move as is Dexter, and if we have Dhanda tied up on a pre-contract (and maybe Penrice) then that's bood business.  As long as Shanks doesn't leave.

KVV for 4 months as Shanks cover would be good as well.

Agree with this! Obviously we all want more signings, but, actually, sometimes too many new faces at once can upset the dynamics in the dressing room.

The players already here have done pretty well for us so far and improvements should be a gradual process imo

Agentjambo
Just now, Scott Leitch said:

Eh?

I'm just asking if you have heard any rumours? 

Your usually the 1st to put the boot in anytime I post.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If this is it, a pretty calm and decent window.

Players out who weren't going to feature, star assets retained and cover in 2 areas added.

Very happy with 13 hours left.

Scott Leitch
Just now, Agentjambo said:

Your usually the 1st to put the boot in anytime I post.

Hardly.

I'm asking a genuine question. You clearly have some inside info. Certainly with the Dhanda deal and I think you called Fraser?

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

If this is it, a pretty calm and decent window.

Players out who weren't going to feature, star assets retained and cover in 2 areas added.

Very happy with 13 hours left.

Yeah good window if that's it all done. Wouldn't be annoyed if Van Veen signed on loan for a bit of cover up top though.

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Penrice linked with Rangers too

I just read that they are going to keep Yilmaz and also offer Barasic a new deal to stay.

This is because they can't get the young Brazilian on loan from Apoel as they wont pay the fee they want.

So if this is true then they must be out of cash and going for the cheap options.

Good news on the Shankland front then as we are saying he wont move for anything below £5million.

Pete Elliott
26 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Our backs were to the wall for 100 minutes at Parkhead recently and he was the best player on the park imo. 

His best performance in a Hearts shirt imo but one swallow does not a summer make.

Hearing an Italian centre forward who’s came over to negotiate without his agent,  Hugo Onyeroani.  

FarmerTweedy
18 hours ago, boag1874 said:

This in spades. The season is more than half way done, he's cup tied, he's on a pre contract anyway - Say we pay £150k for him (I still think that's less than county would want for by a mile their best player when they're fighting to stay up) that can be broken down to 10k a game between now & the season's end before even taking into account wages, appearance money, bonuses etc - and that's if he plays every game! Now, similar situation in that we only get <4 months benefit out of this hypothetical scenario where we pay the transfer fee, would we pay that for say, a loan player from now til the end of the season? Or a player on a 4 month contract?

Even better, we take him now for free or a nominal fee & insert a sell on clause (15% say)- he does really well & we sell him for £2m - we've just paid out 300k for a player we could have got for sweet FA if we'd waited, it's bad business.

Dhanda at this moment in time is worth more to RC than he is to Hearts, same with how Souttar was worth more to Hearts than he was to Rangers when we had the shoe on the other foot, we'll wrap up 3rd without him, we have a solid defence and a good lead over the others, that money could be better spent on something else than taking a guy who's already coming for nothing in Summer. If we **** 3rd place up we've more problems than not having an extra attacking midfielder for the run in.

I agree with this! 

I think things have changed over the course of the window being open.  At the start of January we were in a tight race for 3rd and struggling to get goals from anyone other than Shankland. Now, we've opened up a significant gap over the clubs below us, and started to see goals coming from various players. 3rd isn't nailed on by any means yet, but we're looking much more likely for it now, and with Fraser signed, we've already got some reinforcement for the midfield (I know he's not quite the same sort of player as Dhanda), and as you say, if we lose 3rd from here it would probably be down to other things than not having Dhanda.  Add in the fact he's now cup-tied and there's far less reason for us to pay out money to bring him in now than there was a month ago! 

FarmerTweedy
17 hours ago, OTT said:

Gronigen willing to listen to offers for Kevin Van Veen.

Anyone else be quite happy if we threw our hat in the ring there? No depth at striker other than Shankland. Would be a good move IMO. 

Appreciate we're not desperate, but I'd be keen for him. 

I'd like to see us bring him in on loan till the end of the season with an option to buy (at a reasonable price) if he does well.  But I'm not desperate to see him here.  A late big offer for Shankland might make me desperate! 

34 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Aye Barry says so and it must be true. Think I’ll be keeping a weather eye open on things today. It’s funny how things develop on the last day.

BBC and Hearts Standard also reporting the exact same.

3 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

Fair enough - we’ll see though.

The Wrinkly Ninja
1 hour ago, WDJ87 said:

Nah he knew it was fake. Normally don't fall for his stuff but he got me this time

Show him a picture of the medal he’ll soon be getting for saving his club.

Stendelnator

I love that, after all this time, people think Barry Anderson just makes up stuff. No print journalist has the level of access he does at hearts, why would he just invent stories? If anything, when he says something it should be taken as gospel along with the BBC

upgotheheads
3 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I agree with this! 

I think things have changed over the course of the window being open.  At the start of January we were in a tight race for 3rd and struggling to get goals from anyone other than Shankland. Now, we've opened up a significant gap over the clubs below us, and started to see goals coming from various players. 3rd isn't nailed on by any means yet, but we're looking much more likely for it now, and with Fraser signed, we've already got some reinforcement for the midfield (I know he's not quite the same sort of player as Dhanda), and as you say, if we lose 3rd from here it would probably be down to other things than not having Dhanda.  Add in the fact he's now cup-tied and there's far less reason for us to pay out money to bring him in now than there was a month ago! 

That's an important factor, we are strong favourites for third in the league now so we don't need him. The only business I think might happen now is Alex Cochrane leaving if we get a good offer, and Penrice in.

1 hour ago, Pete Elliott said:

Grant’s the sort of player who looks decent when the team is performing well but doesn’t stand up when backs are to the wall imo. 

Fundamentally that is what attacking midfielders are all about in general - Fraser I think you'll find is much the same, but perhaps with more of an attitude.

If they spend all their time grafting backwards they're not available when you need it. Grant's efforts pressing have been excellent recently, especially against Celtic.

At the moment we only have Grant who can play that position other than Shankland (who we don't really want there) so it will be good to have cover and I expect we'll see both Grant / Fraser in the same team if we're chasing / at home against a lower 6 at times.

Edited by longmalx

jamboinglasgow

Happy with the window, think we are stronger than the beginning of January.

But there is always something in the back of your mind that wants Hearts to do something interesting on deadline day because its exciting and tries to dismiss all the journalists and evidence showing nothing is happening.

2 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

I love that, after all this time, people think Barry Anderson just makes up stuff. No print journalist has the level of access he does at hearts, why would he just invent stories? If anything, when he says something it should be taken as gospel along with the BBC

Yup, unless he was in on it, which would be surprising. For all the slagging he gets he seems to have built up a good relationship with hearts over the years.

5 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

I do believe him but in football and deadline day anything can happen quickly 

The Wrinkly Ninja
6 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Everything the BBC says should be taken as gospel?

Shooter McGavin
5 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Exactly.

The same folk that disregard him are the same folk who pretend to be ITK on here for attention, or just go with the things they read on Facebook.

Amazed it looks like we haven't managed to shift Haring. Really thought Levein would have taken him at St Johnstone til the end of the season on loan at least. Shame he's just going to hang around here wasting a decent wage best used elsewhere. Our academy players should be ahead of him in the pecking order anyway so seems silly to keep him here unless there really are no suitors.

Stendelnator
2 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Everything the BBC says should be taken as gospel?

If Brian McLauchlin is reporting it then yes it will be solid as a rock. 

Phil D. Corners
3 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

I recon agents will be going to clubs today and are using window closing to push for a better deal for their player. 

We seem to be be quite relaxed about it.  Maybe we have some players we’re interested in but our relaxed approach means we are not getting involved in a bidding war. 

4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I do believe him but in football and deadline day anything can happen quickly 

Hence why they say if anyone leaves. Seems next to no chance if nobody leaves. We aren't spending any money this month without incoming money.

11 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Most journalists should be taken with a pinch of salt and kept at arms length 

However if any are to be listened to and taken with a degree of seriousness then it would always be the local newspaper guy, he will get more information from the club than any red top rag

There will always be a fair chunk of truth in a Barry Anderson story, mainly because he’s a local journalist assigned to Hearts 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***