***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***

dazajmbo

Fozzyonthefence
55 minutes ago, H2 said:

Great to see Sibbick bid from Fleetwood was rejected.

Fleetwood fan?!

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lone Striker

Can anyone explain the interest in Penrice, but no pre-contract signed (did we even offer one)  ?   Is it the player keeping his options open, or did we decide he's too much of a gamble ?

HopeDiouf
4 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Can anyone explain the interest in Penrice, but no pre-contract signed (did we even offer one)  ?   Is it the player keeping his options open, or did we decide he's too much of a gamble ?

can sign a pre-contract anytime.  so could still be working on it.  Sounds like a few clubs interested.

JimmyCant
12 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

can sign a pre-contract anytime.  so could still be working on it.  Sounds like a few clubs interested.

I assume the same with Dhanda. Pre contract not done so no announcement. Maybe we’ve dropped the idea altogether 

HopeDiouf
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

I assume the same with Dhanda. Pre contract not done so no announcement. Maybe we’ve dropped the idea altogether 

Most places reporting Dhanda signed a pre-contract unless I'm missing something?  No announcement from Hearts, but no denial either.

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Just now, HopeDiouf said:

Most places reporting Dhanda signed a pre-contract unless I'm missing something?  No announcement from Hearts, but no denial either.

When we signed Halkett on a pre-contract, we waited until we'd played our last game against Livingston to officially announce it. Might be doing the same here, in which case it'll be April.

HopeDiouf
Just now, DC_92 said:

When we signed Halkett on a pre-contract, we waited until we'd played our last game against Livingston to officially announce it. Might be doing the same here, in which case it'll be April.

yeah thats where I'm at.  Hearts just being courteous not announcing it.

Jambo in Bathgate
3 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

We don’t announce pre contracts or deny unlike Rangers et.al. This is out of respect to other clubs and the fact that they are still under contract and getting paid by that club. With all that comes respect. However, it doesn’t stop other sources leaking info. 

BackOfTheNet
17 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Based on reports is likely a done deal. We’re just not arseholes like Rangers who announce this sort of thing early. When we announced Halkett a few years ago we did so when Livingston’s season was all but done, as in their final position couldn’t be affected by the remaining games really.

Edit: Either that or what DC_92 said.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Lone Striker
29 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

15 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

11 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

7 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

We don’t announce pre contracts or deny unlike Rangers et.al. This is out of respect to other clubs and the fact that they are still under contract and getting paid by that club. With all that comes respect. However, it doesn’t stop other sources leaking info. 

CHeers guys. That makes sense now.  👍

Byyy The Light
2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I saw today that the Premier league FFP rules have been in place since 2013, but its clear the fact teams are actually getting punished now have frightened a lot of teams.

I was listening to a football podcast last weekend and they were discussing why the window is so slow, one journalist pointed out if the Premier league start spending less than could be issues for some leagues in Europe. He wasn't trying to blow smoke up the premier league, more pointing out that due to the amount of money the premier normally chucks around and less money in TV deals in other leagues (like France for example) that clubs in those leagues have developed a model of getting players built ready to move to the Premier league so they can benefit from the big fees. If that money decreases it puts these clubs in a worse position and increase the finical gulf between the Premier league and everyone else.

I suspect we will see normal spending in the summer as clubs start a new financial year. I could even see clubs top loading their signings in Summer. Also think because of FFP you are seeing more signings in this window which is a loan with a option to make it permanent, as clubs look to sign a player now but want to keep the transfer fee to the next financial year.

If it means that FFP is doing it's job then all good as far as I'm concerned.  Splashing hundreds of millions on players and paying them £300k a week while the club is in debt is absolutely bonkers.  Even the loan fees now are significant because of the massive salaries very average players are on.

I saw the Wharton transfer yesterday and thought to myself, only £22 million for a prem transfer, not much. Never even heard of the guy and my first thought was that's not much for premier league. Crazy.

The quicker the European Super league happens and they create an NFL of soccer the better. Leave us to all get on with it.

12 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Wonder if it's more out of respect to the player rather the club. Can sometimes put the player in an awkward situation if he's seeing out his contract and his current team's fan's know about the pre-contract. A poor game and and you'll have folk questioning commitment and focus.

Would be class if we got to April and announced that we’d already done some summer business.

Dhanda, Penrice, Phillips, Strain all tied up so we could focus on the attack. A man can dream

Midloth_Iain
37 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

It certainly doesnt stop Derek Adams chucking his toys out the pram  😎

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Midloth_Iain said:

It certainly doesnt stop Derek Adams chucking his toys out the pram  😎

Spot on, but as much as I would want to rub their noses in it we should show more class. 

Armageddon

SevCo announcing Souttar showed their true true colours, they threw him under the bus with us and made his life hell for the next few weeks - they did not care though.

johnking123

Maybe we should have got another striker. Since that is Boyce out for another two monthhs.

jamboinglasgow

With the window now closed, I do think we can be really happy with the window.

We have recruited (from early signs) well for the position we needed which is Right Back. We have brought in an AMC which I do think will make a big difference to our attacking side and was a role we were lacking.

We have trimmed the squad, moving on fringe players which has meant we have a strong squad but also freed up space for a few youngsters to be now first team players.

We have got new contracts given to Forrest, who has stepped up in recent months to prove a very useful player and Halkett, who provides experience but once he is up to full speed will be a big player.

We have got Yan Dhanda on a pre-contract (and from sounds of it are close to one for Penrice) so we are planning long term which is going to make things easier in the summer.

Most importantly we have not lost Shankland. I do think that the talk of moves and contracts for him will die down a bit which will help him and people at the club (though step up again towards summer.)

Of course we could maybe have got another striker but it is not vital and I do think the improvement of Vargas will compensate that.

But it has been good, it may have been a dull month for Hearts, but rather have dull and successful than signing tons of players hoping some work.

19 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Maybe we should have got another striker. Since that is Boyce out for another two monthhs.

Where does that come from?

Pete Elliott
2 hours ago, HopeDiouf said:

hes injured ;)

Why would him not being available for selection till March at the earliest be an issue?

Rocky jamboa
3 hours ago, H2 said:

Great to see Sibbick bid from Fleetwood was rejected.

Sort of forgot about Sibbick. He's not been involved for a while now.

35 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Fraser will play behind Shanks. He'll be similar to Darren Jackson. He'll be a great signing for us. 

Rocky jamboa

A decent transfer window for us. Lembikisa adding a bit needed quality at right back. Dhanda on a pre contract. Fraser in the attacking midfield slot. I don't know much about him but a position we need to strengthen. Getting rid of Halliday and also keeping Shanks. 

Shocking the lengths the media have went to to try and engineer a move for Shanks to the huns, when they seemingly had no interest. 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I already thought we needed a new striker, but this solidifies it. It could end up being a massive mistake, which is why I'm not as positive about the window as others seem to be.

Diego Costa looking for a club 😮

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I already thought we needed a new striker, but this solidifies it. It could end up being a massive mistake, which is why I'm not as positive about the window as others seem to be.

I think we have enough but not good news on Boyce.  

BackOfTheNet
42 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Nah, Shankland will play every game unless injured or suspended. And if that happens maybe it gives Tagawa a chance, although I imagine Vargas might be up there anyway. We have more than enough to win games with the squad we have, even if Boyce can’t be considered.

42 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

There may well have been a decent number of strikers released that we could sign as a free agent. So the option is still there if we're interested. 

RustyRightPeg

Sadly think we’re starting to see the end of Boycey.

Would love to be proven wrong but another surgery at his age is make or break.

AlphonseCapone
6 hours ago, stirlo said:

It's interesting how quiet this transfer window was generally in terms of big transfers. It seems that a lot of teams down south are still paying the credit card bill for previous transfers - and will be for quite a while by the sound of things.

Fingers crossed it's the start of that house of cards coming down.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Chaps said:

Awful decision to extend Boyce contract.

Hindsight is wonderful. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

Would be class if we got to April and announced that we’d already done some summer business.

Dhanda, Penrice, Phillips, Strain all tied up so we could focus on the attack. A man can dream

Tbf, we don't need to anounce them to focus on the attack, it can all be done privately.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Awful decision to extend Boyce contract.

it was Boyce’s option and this his decision. If there was a mistake it was he signed on for longer but I think we all agreed it was a smart move at the time 

14 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Nah, Shankland will play every game unless injured or suspended. And if that happens maybe it gives Tagawa a chance, although I imagine Vargas might be up there anyway. We have more than enough to win games with the squad we have, even if Boyce can’t be considered.

It's the possibility of Shankland getting injured that's the problem. Boyce wouldn't score as many but would do the back-to-goal stuff, link play, win fouls, etc. Tagawa hasn't shown any of that so far and I don't really see Vargas doing it either. I also think Shankland is better with a partner in any case.

If Shankland stays fit then it's probably fine. If he doesn't then it's a real worry.

jamboinglasgow
15 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Sadly think we’re starting to see the end of Boycey.

Would love to be proven wrong but another surgery at his age is make or break.

Sadly I agree. I can see him seeing out out his contract then the end of next season retiring.

But I can see him staying at Hearts as a coach, seems to be liked and works well with the younger players.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Sadly I agree. I can see him seeing out out his contract then the end of next season retiring.

But I can see him staying at Hearts as a coach, seems to be liked and works well with the younger players.

👍

Jamhammer
27 minutes ago, OTT said:

There may well have been a decent number of strikers released that we could sign as a free agent. So the option is still there if we're interested. 

I think this may be the case

I kind of expected Naismith to be quite a gung ho manager but he’s been cautious, careful and calm. I’d be quite surprised if we don’t have something planned in case Shanks gets injured/suspended

Surely not counting on Tagawa?

HopeDiouf
13 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

It's the possibility of Shankland getting injured that's the problem. Boyce wouldn't score as many but would do the back-to-goal stuff, link play, win fouls, etc. Tagawa hasn't shown any of that so far and I don't really see Vargas doing it either. I also think Shankland is better with a partner in any case.

If Shankland stays fit then it's probably fine. If he doesn't then it's a real worry.

Thats where I'm at as well.  I was worried enough that we were a shanks injury away from having to rely on Boyce.  We're now a shanks injury away from having to rely on Tagawa.  Club must've known about Boyce injury before today - should really have been bringing in another striker IMO.

Edited by HopeDiouf

Maybe Derek Adams was right and we are skint 😃

It's the only logical reason for not bringing in a striker on loan at least, considering the Boyce news (which wont  have been a surprise to the club).

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

With the window now closed, I do think we can be really happy with the window.

We have recruited (from early signs) well for the position we needed which is Right Back. We have brought in an AMC which I do think will make a big difference to our attacking side and was a role we were lacking.

We have trimmed the squad, moving on fringe players which has meant we have a strong squad but also freed up space for a few youngsters to be now first team players.

We have got new contracts given to Forrest, who has stepped up in recent months to prove a very useful player and Halkett, who provides experience but once he is up to full speed will be a big player.

We have got Yan Dhanda on a pre-contract (and from sounds of it are close to one for Penrice) so we are planning long term which is going to make things easier in the summer.

Most importantly we have not lost Shankland. I do think that the talk of moves and contracts for him will die down a bit which will help him and people at the club (though step up again towards summer.)

Of course we could maybe have got another striker but it is not vital and I do think the improvement of Vargas will compensate that.

But it has been good, it may have been a dull month for Hearts, but rather have dull and successful than signing tons of players hoping some work.

I am happy with all that. :walk_man:

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Hansel said:

Maybe there's an out of contract striker we have an eye on?

I think that's possibility just in case.

1 minute ago, Le Chat said:

Maybe Derek Adams was right and we are skint 😃

It's the only logical reason for not bringing in a striker on loan at least, considering the Boyce news (which wont  have been a surprise to the club).

Maybe waiting on shankland deciding on the bumper contract 1st? If he refuses then we should have some spare change for wages for an out of contract striker 

PapaShango
2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Based on reports is likely a done deal. We’re just not arseholes like Rangers who announce this sort of thing early. When we announced Halkett a few years ago we did so when Livingston’s season was all but done, as in their final position couldn’t be affected by the remaining games really.

Edit: Either that or what DC_92 said.

When we announced Forrest we waited until we couldn't play Livi again before announcing it. The Orcs done it to unsettle him and hope we would sell in the Jan window. Absolutely horrid club. 

stuart500

I wonder what the plan is with Finlay Pollock. He was being quoted as being near to return back in November.

He's been missing for a long time but seems to have bulked up quite a bit. 

I always thought of him as a winger but maybe he could provide a bit of pace and power up front?