***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***

dazajmbo

JimmyCant
36 minutes ago, Chimp said:

I’ve said this all along too. A one season wonder who’s had a fairly average career down south. Never prolific in his professional career until last year. Can’t see him ever repeating that kind of form to be honest, not at his age. Would be a low risk signing but don’t see much benefit in bringing him in.

How many top flight goals had Shankland scored before we gambled on him ? Don’t look it up, it’s zero.

KVV would iMO score goals and convert chances. We’ve got no one else outwith Shankland to do that with any regularity. KVV could. He’s available, proven and no risk (on

loan) In a good team he’ll score IMO

Dont get folk turning their nose up at someone who was scoring for fun in this league less than a year ago, but then there were plenty turning their nose up at Shankland before he arrived so it’s no real surprise I suppose

Edited by JimmyCant

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lossiemouth Jambo
1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

Looks like van Veen might be going to St Mirren.

We are short of a striker. What message would it say to the rest of the league if we were to sign this guy? Surely we can match St Liedown, all it takes is one injury to LS and we are stranded up front !

AGoodLaugh
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

How many top flight goals had Shankland scored before we gambled on him ? Don’t look it up, it’s zero.

KVV would iMO score goals and convert chances. We’ve got no one else outwith Shankland to do that with any regularity. KVV could. He’s available, proven and no risk (on

Dont get folk turning their nose up at someone who was scoring for fun in this league less than a year ago, but then there were plenty turning their nose up at Shankland before he arrived so it’s no real surprise I suppose

I looked it up. It's 8. 

13 if you include Belgian top flight 😋

Scott Leitch
5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

😂 Shankland no top flight goals

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

He played for Utd?

Lovecraft
10 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

I looked it up. It's 8. 

13 if you include Belgian top flight 😋

Scotland game?

Lovecraft
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He played for Utd?

He scored against us FFS.

Stendelnator
16 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Maybe you should have looked it up

AGoodLaugh
2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Scotland game?

Was just counting league - he's scored twice for Scotland

HopeDiouf
Just now, Stendelnator said:

Maybe you should have looked it up

tbf, whether it's 0 or 8 or 13, the point stands.  

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

He scored against us FFS.

Yip, but iirc that may have been the lc.

That is the first I'd watched him properly,  he was more than just a goal scorer, he was a good cf.

He may have scored v us in the league as well, I just remember the lc goal in a 1-1. Utd where a championship side then

Lovecraft
1 minute ago, AGoodLaugh said:

Was just counting league - he's scored twice for Scotland

Only once before we took "a gamble" signing him though.

😉

AGoodLaugh
Just now, Lovecraft said:

Only once before we took "a gamble" signing him though.

😉

Right enough! 👍

Lovecraft
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

That is the first I'd watched him properly,  he was more than just a goal scorer, he was a good cf.

He may have scored v us in the league as well, I just remember the lc goal in a 1-1. Utd where a championship side then

Surely any game against us is classed as top flight though?

😉

27 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You probably should have looked it up first 😅

1 hour ago, Chimp said:

He’s been trying to play his way into the side since he arrived. Played in almost every position yet still hasn’t manage to cement his place in the team. Never really in the side when everyone’s been fully fit. Like you say down the pecking order now and I’m surprised he doesn’t want to go somewhere he’ll play more and prove himself.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s had enough chances for me and despite him being a good player in many ways, his positional sense and brain farts let him down. My post was more a stab at his mindset and why he may want to stay (if he even does). Just idle speculation on my part. 

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

We’re only an injury away from

having no striker on the bench though. All ifs and buts. 

The ifs and buts are a little less hypothetical when you look into the recent injuries Halkett and Kingsley have had. It’s certainly not outside the realms of real possibility that those two could both be out between now and the end of the season, even simultaneously.

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

33yo one season wonder no thanks, got John Sutton vibes all over it

Connor Sammon vibes all over it too. Although Sammon played a higher level than Van Veen in England I think.

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Sibbick gets us as a club and that’s made him popular with fans.

If he is popular with fans, you wouldn’t know from on here to be honest. But I know here isn’t truly reflective of the real world.

JimmyCant
9 minutes ago, Chimp said:

You probably should have looked it up first 😅

Probably 😂

Chillidigits
2 hours ago, Dazo said:

This. Handy to have about but if we get a fair offer or he is pushing for a move I think we’ll look to move him on. His game time is going to be limited unless we have injuries. 

One thing's for certain though. We always have injuries.

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

If he is popular with fans, you wouldn’t know from on here to be honest. But I know here isn’t truly reflective of the real world.

Its reflective of the world if the world was inhabited by mostly men aged 45+ 😀. Once we all reach our 70s the board will die a slow death. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Connor Sammon vibes all over it too. Although Sammon played a higher level than Van Veen in England I think.

His scoring last year could easily be a purple patch, but he's definitely a better footballer than Sammon and Sutton.

Shankland was going to be the new Dennis Wyness according to plenty of people on here.

25 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Killie have also agreed terms with Groningen for KVV…

St Mirren too. Think we would only have went in worst case scenario 

inspector

Sibbick scored against the tramps. I'll forgive him the 'odd' mistake 

LarrysRightFoot
2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

St Mirren too. Think we would only have went in worst case scenario 

KVV (assuming he’s fit) would be an excellent signing for St.M or Killie

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

His scoring last year could easily be a purple patch, but he's definitely a better footballer than Sammon and Sutton.

Shankland was going to be the new Dennis Wyness according to plenty of people on here.

I’m not going to want a guy who turns 33 just after the season ends just based on one decent season in this league and nothing but mediocre at best the rest of his career. I want better than that.

I’ll get behind him if was to come (which I don’t think was even considered by the management to board, personally), but I genuinely have no idea why anyone would be eager to have him.

BackOfTheNet
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Its reflective of the world if the world was inhabited by mostly men aged 45+ 😀. Once we all reach our 70s the board will die a slow death. 

:lol:

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m not going to want a guy who turns 33 just after the season ends just based on one decent season in this league and nothing but mediocre at best the rest of his career. I want better than that.

I’ll get behind him if was to come (which I don’t think was even considered by the management to board, personally), but I genuinely have no idea why anyone would be eager to have him.

He's 32 until he's 33!

If it's a short term loan deal, I'm not really bothered about his age. He's done it before in this league very recently and would be as good a bet as you're likely to see to take the burden off Shankland a bit. I'd be fairly pleased if we brought him in, particularly nice if it was at the expense of the two teams directly below us.

But it's not happening, so never mind.

Takeshi kovac
47 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Was it not the game Irving scored a late winner? I'm sure Shanks scored a cracking header that night

Ignore wasn't the game I was thinking of

Edited by Takeshi kovac

Watt-Zeefuik

IMO if KVV lands at Mirren or Killie that team immediately becomes our biggest threat for third. Both of those squads are decent and he's a proven attacker at this level. And he's absolutely menaced us in the past.

Normally I'd expect Aberdeen or Hibs to make a late season push towards us but they're so far back and neither looks at all dangerous at the moment.

Chillidigits

We probably don't need any more but Toby's best position for me was midfield. With a bit of smart coaching and brain stem cell repair he could be the next Rodri😃

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

He's 32 until he's 33!

If it's a short term loan deal, I'm not really bothered about his age. He's done it before in this league very recently and would be as good a bet as you're likely to see to take the burden off Shankland a bit. I'd be fairly pleased if we brought him in, particularly nice if it was at the expense of the two teams directly below us.

But it's not happening, so never mind.

But we’re not in for him. One paper throwing our name out there doesn’t mean anything. There’s no indication we’re after him in reality and we have at least 4 players that can play up front.

And as good a bet you’re likely to see? I’d like to see what the odds there were in him scoring as many as he did before last season started. And his 5 in 14 this season isn’t to be sniffed at, but it’s still the Dutch second tier, the same division that Vente was smashing them in before he went to Hibs.

Watt-Zeefuik
11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

KVV didn't have one decent season, he had about four decent seasons and one outstanding season. FFS 29 goals in 44 games at a club that was entirely dependent on him is not "decent," it's ****ing incredible. Before coming to us Sammon had one 11 goal season and one 18 goal season and neither had been in the past 5 years, and other than that he had no 10+ goal seasons. KVV had 6 10+ goal seasons before his 29 goal wonder last season.

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

He maybe wants to try and play his way into the side. Checked on transfermarket and was surprised to see he’s featured 21 times in all competitions this season, a lot of them at RB right enough and he’s down the pecking order there now. 

I have been out this afternoon so was pleased to see we have knocked back an offer, he's a valuable squad player and better than the third tier in England. It's also good man management by Hearts for a guy who never gives less than 100%.

If Shankland gets injured between now and season end we are very light I'd have liked us to have got KVV for that reason - Boyce is never going to be back for a sustained period of time and Vargas is still very raw 

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

He’s being touted by Groningen for a loan now. Personally I’d take that if. It’s affordable and it allows us 1. To have a look at him and see if he’s got another year or two at this level or 2. Pass on him and hunt for another younger striker

Seen that aye, apparently he was wanting back here to be around when his Mrs has their kid? Dunno how true that is? 

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Of course there are other forwards out there but none that are as low risk and as easily available. If Shanks goes now, he's our man. We don't hesitate, we don't **** about looking at anyone else, we just do it. Tbh if the money is right I would do it anyway whether Shanks goes or not. What an option he would be for a year and a half or so. 

He won't go today I'm about 99.9% convinced. Rangers don't want him. 

RE KVV, he'd only be a good replacement in this window because we'd get far less value for money in the summer considering his age. Sell on doesn't bother me too much if he gets us Euros but... 

Sign now on an 18m deal and his fee is absorbed by him helping us qualify for Europe this season and next.

Sign in the summer on a 12m deal and he can only help us qualify next year...

Out of interest where is your confidence coming from? 

I've been thinking about it too, and I think you might be right. I've already said before that I don't think he suits their style of play - Yes he scores goals, but Clement seems to want a pacey striker who has a lot of movement and speed. 

I'm wondering if all the media noise and bollocks from the talking heads on Sportscene etc. has came from his agents. They seem Glasgow based and very rangers leaning, so I wonder if this was an attempt to try and put pressure on Rangers to bid for him by building up fan expectation. I don't doubt Shankland would like to play for Rangers, but square peg and round hole is the phrase coming to mind... 

3 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

IMO if KVV lands at Mirren or Killie that team immediately becomes our biggest threat for third. Both of those squads are decent and he's a proven attacker at this level. And he's absolutely menaced us in the past.

Normally I'd expect Aberdeen or Hibs to make a late season push towards us but they're so far back and neither looks at all dangerous at the moment.

Agreed. He'd thrive on crosses from Armstrong at Killie or Strain at Midden.

Just now, Hansel said:

Agreed. He'd thrive on crosses from Armstrong at Killie or Strain at Midden.

Killie are the ones that scare me there. McInnes getting every drop of football out of that squad. Don't want them getting a decent striker. 

Just now, Watt-Zeefuik said:

That first paragraph is quite a bit OTT in my opinion. He’s a decent attacker who had one great season at Motherwell. Maybe worth the risk for us in case we need cover for a Shankland injury but he’s unlikely to be a game changer for either Killie or St Mirren. Over the course of his career he’s just not been that good. 

Stendelnator
Just now, OTT said:

I've been thinking about it too, and I think you might be right. I've already said before that I don't think he suits their style of play - Yes he scores goals, but Clement seems to want a pacey striker who has a lot of movement and speed. 

I'm wondering if all the media noise and bollocks from the talking heads on Sportscene etc. has came from his agents. They seem Glasgow based and very rangers leaning, so I wonder if this was an attempt to try and put pressure on Rangers to bid for him by building up fan expectation. I don't doubt Shankland would like to play for Rangers, but square peg and round hole is the phrase coming to mind... 

I mean, with no disrespect, no shit? Of course it has. A month of clickbait for a player nobody wants at the price we're asking

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

But we’re not in for him. One paper throwing our name out there doesn’t mean anything. There’s no indication we’re after him in reality and we have at least 4 players that can play up front.

And as good a bet you’re likely to see? I’d like to see what the odds there were in him scoring as many as he did before last season started. And his 5 in 14 this season isn’t to be sniffed at, but it’s still the Dutch second tier, the same division that Vente was smashing them in before he went to Hibs.

I've already said we're not in for him. This is my opinion.

And yes, a guy who scored 25 goals in our league last season and is realistically available is as good a bet as you're likely to see within our price range. Not a sure thing, but a good bet.

1 minute ago, Stendelnator said:

I mean, with no disrespect, no shit? Of course it has. A month of clickbait for a player nobody wants at the price we're asking

Its more emphasising that its not came from Rangers. Purely his agents trying to create a snowball. 

Gives me a bit of hope. Hopefully Savage and Naismith manage to get him to sign. Would be an amazing piece of news. 

Just now, OTT said:

Killie are the ones that scare me there. McInnes getting every drop of football out of that squad. Don't want them getting a decent striker. 

Yeah, Killie are a well organised team under Mcinnes. Armstrong is a player I like with 8 assists in the league (I think) Love to see him in Maroon but reckon he'll go down south at some point.

Batistuta87
11 minutes ago, OTT said:

It comes from a hun mate of mine who has some sort of connection to the club telling me that Clement doesn't want him because - as you say - he doesn't fit Clement's preferred profile for a Striker. He had been winding me up for months that they were buying him and eventually was like look, I'm winding you up, he's no interested. But just about everyone else at Rangers wants him 🤣

He's gonna go at some point. I know that. I just want us to get as much money as possible when it happens. And if it happens now KVV hits the ground running and probably replaces some of his goals. 

Edited by Batistuta87

BackOfTheNet
10 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

KVV didn't have one decent season, he had about four decent seasons and one outstanding season. FFS 29 goals in 44 games at a club that was entirely dependent on him is not "decent," it's ****ing incredible. Before coming to us Sammon had one 11 goal season and one 18 goal season and neither had been in the past 5 years, and other than that he had no 10+ goal seasons. KVV had 6 10+ goal seasons before his 29 goal wonder last season.

The guy has a decent record, just under 1 in every 3 games across his career. But most of that has been in English league one (no higher) and the Dutch second tier. Just doubt he’d be great for us.

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The guy has a decent record, just under 1 in every 3 games across his career. But most of that has been in English league one (no higher) and the Dutch second tier. Just doubt he’d be great for us.

I equate his record as similar to Boyce’s I might be wrong though. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***