***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***

dazajmbo

Kennyfragg13
10 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Top dollar for 5 months, not sure there will  be much haunting, even if he's poor.

Doubt its top dollar he just want back because his wife just had a kid.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WageThief
13 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

The wording off that sounds to me like the club don’t expect Shankland to sign a new deal in the next few hours

FTFY

PaddysBar
5 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

It wasn't offside, it was flagged for a foul on the defender. It was never a foul, if he'd scored VAR would of given the goal IMO. 

Not that important or relevant but that was a foul all day. A nudge in the back when the defender was off balance. I think it would have been ruled out very quickly if he’d have scored. 

Bazzas right boot

Happy enough with Forrest and Halkett extending. 

Hope Beni and Shankland sign extensions. 

Dexter has been surprise,  really good going forward- he'll add to us.

Fraser - I reckon will give us something we're missing. 

Dhanda- good signing.

Penrice- would also be happy with that for the summer.

Good luck to Halliday,  thanks and all the best.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Batistuta87
20 minutes ago, Badonde said:

Well that’s a bit shite

Naw its no. It's brilliant. Means we've put the lights off and gone home. Which means Shankland stays.

Sooperstar
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Transfer windows contain transfer business. Contract extensions, be it Forrest, Halkett, Gordon, Baningime or Shankland is not transfer business. Meaning things can happen after the window.

I get the press have reported a supposed deadline on a contract offer we gave Shankland, but even if that’s the case it’s a deadline for that offer. Not any offer. Why are people squeaking their bums about contracts today?

Exactly. The only rationale for us giving him a deadline would be if we planned to use the funds elsewhere if he turned us down, perhaps by bringing Dhanda in today. Clearly that isn't happening, so if Shankland decides in a couple of weeks that he wants to accept the deal then there is absolutely not a chance the club turn round and tell him he is too late!

I don't think he will sign a new deal, but it'll be nothing to do with some supposed deadline. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

Doubt its top dollar he just want back because his wife just had a kid.

I was using the other posters phrase.

My point is whatever happens,  I don't think killie will be haunted by this signing, it's short term.

19/05/2012
4 minutes ago, WageThief said:

FTFY

I get that but if we set a deadline of tonight and he wanted to sign a new deal I think he would have done it by now. 

Watt-Zeefuik
20 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Take away his 44 games for Motherwell last season he’s left with 325 career games. Take away his 29 goals for Motherwell in that season he’s left with 88 career goals. That’s a goal every 3.69 games, so closer to 1 in 4 than it is to 1 in 3.

Sammon’s record is not as good, but he played 147 games in England across the Premier League and Championship. Van Veen never played any higher than League One (which Sammon also played 27 times in). Having a better goal to game ratio when you’ve played at a lower level during your prime years is not a power play.

Is Van Veen better than Sammon? Of course he is. Sammon is a complete huddy. Have they both had careers where they’ve not been prolific other than one season? Yes. Hence the comparison. You saying it’s “utter drivel” doesn’t change that fact.

More absolute silliness and tortured math. Sammon never scored 29 in a season. In the three years prior to joining Hearts, he'd scored a *total* of 9 goals.

Aside from two seasons where he was stuck in an eventually relegated side that nobody was scoring in, KVV had 10, 15, and 11 before his 29 goal explosion. Which again, was last season.

I don't even like KVV. He seems like kind of a prick. But there's simply no similarities between their careers. Sammon can't really be classed as anything but a failure when it comes to scoring goals. (He was an incredibly hard worker off the ball which is how he's lasted so long in football, for which I have some respect for him.)

You keep saying KVV's not been prolific except for one season, which is just incorrect nonsense and makes me think you haven't even bothered to look. Here, let me google that for you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_van_Veen

FFS why are people dying on this incredibly stupid hill?

Edited by Watt-Zeefuik

lost in space

The one thing that could go wrong?

Shankland gets injured and we have NO decent striker to play. Killie are the only team that could catch us.

It HAS been a good transfer window but the signing of a striker would have (IMO) almost guaranteed third.

Poor judgement by Hearts.

colinmorewasgash
37 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

No more business. 

Screenshot_20240201_203256_X.jpg

Not bad window would have liked a striker in case shanks gets crocked just in case boyce isnt back, vargas and tagawa will have to step up if that happens, and yan dhanda would have been nice bonus but hey ho can't have everything.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, lost in space said:

Shankland gets injured and we have NO decent striker to play. Killie are the only team that could catch us.

It HAS been a good transfer window but the signing of a striker would have (IMO) almost guaranteed third.

we have Vargas, Boyce, and Tagawa. First 2 are more than good enough for this league.  

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

More absolute silliness and tortured math. Sammon never scored 29 in a season. In the three years prior to joining Hearts, he'd scored a *total* of 9 goals.

Aside from two seasons where he was stuck in an eventually relegated side that nobody was scoring in, KVV had 10, 15, and 11 before his 29 goal explosion. Which again, was last season.

I don't even like KVV. He seems like kind of a prick. But there's simply no similarities between their careers. Sammon can't really be classed as anything but a failure when it comes to scoring goals. (He was an incredibly hard worker off the ball which is how he's lasted so long in football, for which I have some respect for him.)

You keep saying KVV's not been prolific except for one season, which is just incorrect nonsense and makes me think you haven't even bothered to look. Here, let me google that for you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_van_Veen

FFS why are people dying on this incredibly stupid hill?

I’m not sure you know what the word prolific means

42 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

No more business. 

Screenshot_20240201_203256_X.jpg

What a strange tweet 🤔 

Why? 

Stay silent like we do every last night of the window 

Outgoings and incomings big emphasis only and big emphasis on new deals signed 🤔 

Are they Lining up a shankland has signed a new deal tweet 🤔 

BackOfTheNet
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

we have Vargas, Boyce, and Tagawa. First 2 are more than good enough for this league.  

I’d wager the 3rd if given a run of games would prove he is too

cosanostra

Not a bad window for a January. We should have enough to get through to the Summer. I'm a little surprised that Tagawa hasn't gone out on loan because he maybe needs it.

As for Sibbick, a nonsense offer. If any of these minor English clubs wants him then come correct with an appropriate cash offer to buy him. An absolutely pathetic offer with zero chance of being accepted.

Never Let Them Forget
3 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Not a bad window for a January. We should have enough to get through to the Summer. I'm a little surprised that Tagawa hasn't gone out on loan because he maybe needs it.

As for Sibbick, a nonsense offer. If any of these minor English clubs wants him then come correct with an appropriate cash offer to buy him. An absolutely pathetic offer with zero chance of being accepted.

What was the offer for Toby?

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

What was the offer for Toby?

Apparently it was to have him on loan.

Turkishcap

Half midnight in Turkey, if we keep Shanks that's good.

Better than last January.

All the s@## stirred up by shamless west media to me has been unfair on Shanks.

Disgusting people ingrained in Scottish society.

3 minutes ago, lost in space said:

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Boyce has been out for two months, having missed almost all of last season, and has had a setback in his recovery. Vargas is more of a second striker rather than a number 9. IMO we are extremely vulnerable to a Shankland injury, not just because of his goals but also because we might not have anyone else who can lead the line and make it stick up front.

I’m just going to mention that Boyce has developed into a dreadful finisher. Every time he’s brought up as an option people miss that out and it’s fairly important. 

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I’m just going to mention that Boyce has developed into a dreadful finisher. Every time he’s brought up as an option people miss that out and it’s fairly important. 

Now you’ve said it. Be prepared… 👀 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Spookie said:

What a strange tweet 🤔 

Why? 

Stay silent like we do every last night of the window 

Outgoings and incomings big emphasis only and big emphasis on new deals signed 🤔 

Are they Lining up a shankland has signed a new deal tweet 🤔 

Nah, they've just summarised our January business. 

Why is it strange?

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Now you’ve said it. Be prepared… 👀 

No more business. This thread is done for me. Goodnight all 😆

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Boyce has been out for two months, having missed almost all of last season, and has had a setback in his recovery. Vargas is more of a second striker rather than a number 9. IMO we are extremely vulnerable to a Shankland injury, not just because of his goals but also because we might not have anyone else who can lead the line and make it stick up front.

Actually I think Vargas can be a 9. He just can’t get a game in that spot just now. A different type for sure.  One thing for certain he’s better through the middle than a winger.  

when did Boyce have a setback? He was fine yesterday 

we have more options than our direct rivals in nearly every single position. 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah for me our only Strikers are Shankland and Vargas. Boyce is poor as a goalscorer but plays the No10 role well. Tagawa just looks lost.

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Actually I think Vargas can be a 9. He just can’t get a game in that spot just now. A different type for sure.  One thing for certain he’s better through the middle than a winger.  

when did Boyce have a setback? He was fine yesterday 

we have more options than our direct rivals in nearly every single position. 

We have plenty of options everywhere except for up front imo. Killie and Dundee don't have anyone nearly as good as Shankland but each have a few options who can lead the line and do a job.

Going into January if you told me we would sign a good right back, goal scoring midfielder, Dhanda on a pre contract and to keep shankland I’d have bit your hand off.

Successful window 

johnking123
15 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

When does this nonsense get locked?

Hour and a half to go thankfully 

Just now, cosanostra said:

Anyone else think that James Wilson will be getting some game time this season?

No

johnking123
Just now, cosanostra said:

Anyone else think that James Wilson will be getting some game time this season?

Yes, very high hopes for him. Scouts are keeping eye on him up and down the country.

gnasher75
2 minutes ago, Hertz21 said:

Going into January if you told me we would sign a good right back, goal scoring midfielder, Dhanda on a pre contract and to keep shankland I’d have bit your hand off.

Successful window 

Exactly. Really good window. 

heartandsoul
5 minutes ago, Hertz21 said:

Successful window 

Spot on

Toxteth O'Grady
5 minutes ago, Hertz21 said:

Successful window 

Can’t argue with that - very decent window.

cosanostra
2 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Yes, very high hopes for him. Scouts are keeping eye on him up and down the country.

Yeah, I think so too. If he is capable of what the club and other clubs seem to believe he's capable of, I think they'll start to give him minutes here and there. 

Watt-Zeefuik
43 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m not sure you know what the word prolific means

Was Rudi Skacel ever a prolific scorer for Hearts?

johnking123

As I said. We could still check out the freebie market tomorrow.  Players will get released and some could lower wage demands. 

Watt-Zeefuik
8 minutes ago, Hertz21 said:

Successful window 

Also fantastic that we went into the window without gaping holes. One is cover for a RB on international duty, the other is to give us another option for McKay who's been injured but probably coming back. If we'd done nothing we'd have probably been okay. That's a great place to be.

Saint Jambo
37 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Half midnight in Turkey, if we keep Shanks that's good.

Better than last January.

All the s@## stirred up by shamless west media to me has been unfair on Shanks.

Disgusting people ingrained in Scottish society.

Which reminds me, how soon after the window shuts in Scotland before some journalist or 'ITK' twitter account reminds us that the window is still open in Turkey/Saudi/China* and claims that there is interest in Shankland from there?

*Delete as applicable

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

As I said. We could still check out the freebie market tomorrow.  Players will get released and some could lower wage demands. 

Absolutely no need to though. More than happy with the squad as is.

44 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Apparently it was to have him on loan.

The swines. 😄

Whoever starts the "Summer Transfer Window" thread in an hour or so needs a ban.

Until the summer. 😜

PaddysBar
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Happy enough with Forrest and Halkett extending. 

Hope Beni and Shankland sign extensions. 

Dexter has been surprise,  really good going forward- he'll add to us.

Fraser - I reckon will give us something we're missing. 

Dhanda- good signing.

Penrice- would also be happy with that for the summer.

Good luck to Halliday,  thanks and all the best.

Assuming nothing incredible happens in the next hour with Shanks, it’s been a fantastic window. A wee tinker here and there with a squad that is miles out in third and no major losses.

That’s exactly the type of window we should be aiming for every January/summer. Add a wee bit of quality and no scattergun panicking 👍 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***