Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

I had previously heard of interest in Haring and Grant from St Johnstone but nothing has come of that as of yet.

Where did you hear about Grant? Not sure I could see Naismith letting him go now after his improvement in form.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Chimp said:

Where did you hear about Grant? Not sure I could see Naismith letting him go now after his improvement in form.

People have very narrow trains of thought. Very few clubs linked with our players exist, other than those in Scotland.

Dougie Masterton
1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

After it came out in the media that we were in talks with Lafferty, an "ITK" poster on here claimed it was a done deal and he'd be announced the next day, for several days.

Meanwhile, Barry Anderson reported that talks were ongoing but nothing was done and Lafferty was also due to talk to Hibs.

Anderson's version was later proven 100% correct by an interview Lafferty gave, but of course he's still a slaver and some people think that poster is ITK.

Is he from up north? 

The Mercer Takeover
8 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

So Grant’s literally just started playing well in his favoured #10 position just behind Shanks and you’re moving him deeper into the position we’ve just brought Fraser in to play? 

Grant is hopeless.

How long has he been here now? We have all seen everything he has and how frequently he gives it.

Easily replaced.

GorgieFifeLife
3 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Got a few Saints supporting pals and a local guy where we stay is a Saints player.  The information doing the rounds was that they were both players Saints were looking at.  Nothing has emerged further so maybe we don’t want to let them go.

Jambo in Bathgate

Got a few Saints supporting pals and a local guy where we stay is a Saints player.  The information doing the rounds was that they were both players Saints were looking at.  Nothing has emerged further so maybe we don’t want to let them go.

Grant looks like to be Naismith man. Don’t think he’ll move this window. 

Just now, GorgieFifeLife said:

👍

If we got Dhanda in now that might have been possible otherwise I can't see the benefit in allowing him to go. Definitely still be here til summer at least. Will be between Grant and Fraser for the 10 role I'd imagine.

Pete Elliott
9 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Yes Pete, I was absolutely digging 😂 Cheers now 

You’re welcome. Fingers crossed we manage to hold off all the interest today from clubs desperate to take on a player who has barely played all season and is at least a month away from match fitness. 👍🏻

All roads lead to Gorgie

I was impressed with Grant's work rate against the sheep. He was the one pushing up to put the keeper and the defense under pressure and make Shanks job a lot easier. His passing is usually positive and can put players through on goal when delivered at the right moment. I wouldn't mind Haring being allowed to go to Perth but Grant no chance!

Borders Jambo

I thought perhaps CL had to move on someone before getting anyone in, even on loan.

I suspect the money situation may be extremely tight for SJ in general but also with the threat of relegation 

Just now, Pete Elliott said:

You’re welcome. Fingers crossed we manage to hold off all the interest today from clubs desperate to take on a player who has barely played all season and is at least a month away from match fitness. 👍🏻

Or just isn't very good anymore, there's always that 👍

Pete Elliott
4 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Grant is hopeless.

How long has he been here now? We have all seen everything he has and how frequently he gives it.

Easily replaced.

Kind of how I feel. There’s definitely been an increase in his workrate and his output but even then I can only think of two very good performances, one great goal from open play and one great penalty. I think he’s benefitted massively from being surrounded by players who have been on top form. I don’t think we’ll miss him if he goes. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Fraser will be more direct, more of a runner, Grant essentially is good with his feet and is more about craft, the counter attack last Saturday for example, fish out of water, his natural instinct was to take the ball into feet rather than get it out in front of him, Fraser would be the opposite, much more North and South type of player, Grant is East and West if that makes sense.

Exactly what we are crying out for. Hope he can perform that role in Gorgie.🤞

pettigrewsstylist
10 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Maybe waiting for Fraser registration to be stamped. Surprised if Grant agreed to go to Perth tbh.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Kind of how I feel. There’s definitely been an increase in his workrate and his output but even then I can only think of two very good performances, one great goal from open play and one great penalty. I think he’s benefitted massively from being surrounded by players who have been on top form. I don’t think we’ll miss him if he goes. 

I don't think he's hopeless, some posters tend to swing to and from extremes, but I wouldn't miss him as things stand and especially next season when we have a full summer to recruit and Dhanda arriving. 

I  feel the same way about the Hoff tbh.

Both are ok.

I'd be looking at getting  better than both, although Hoff has age on his side and could improve.

4marsbars
1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

A good team mate of Naismiths, I suspect he is letting him see out his final days in Scotland with the finest, I dont grudge him that even if the youngsters have usurped him

Well put.

Grant has been one of our best players recently. I rate him. So does Naismith. People saying he is poor etc. have not been watching the game 

Assuming all business is done I think we’re in a decent place now:

Goalkeeper
Gordon

Clark 

Right back

Lembikisa

Atkinson

Left back

Kingsley

Cochrane

Centre back

Kent

Rowles

Halkett

Sibbick

Centre mid

Baningime

Devlin

Haring

Nieuwenhoff

Grant

Fraser

Denholm

Tait

Pollock

Wingers

Vargas

Forrest

Oda

McKay

Centre forwards

Shankland

Boyce

Tagawa

Obviously Kingsley and Sibbick can play elsewhere in defence if needed and the centre mids are a mix of attacking and defensive

Edited by BigAlim

Luckies1874
9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I'd be looking at getting  better than both, although Hoff has age on his side and could improve.

Very surprised at your view on Hoff. He’s already improving game on game and had a superb and influential 2nd half last Saturday. He’s clearly got ability, the way he receives a pass and moves the ball is evidence of this not to mention a terrific goal to get us back in the game against Dundee. People within the club think he’ll be a top player for us. Think you’ll be happy with him in due course. 

Edited by Luckies1874

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

Goalkeeper
Gordon

Clark 

Right back

Lembikisa

Atkinson

Left back

Kingsley

Cochrane

Centre back

Kent

Rowles

Halkett

Sibbick

Centre mid

Baningime

Devlin

Haring

Nieuwenhoff

Grant

Fraser

Denholm

Tait

Pollock

Wingers

Vargas

Forrest

Oda

McKay

Centre forwards

Shankland

Boyce

Tagawa

Obviously Kingsley and Sibbick can play elsewhere in defence if needed and the centre mids are a mix of attacking and defensive

Need another forward for me. Sibbick should be nowhere near CB again with other options available.

JimmyCant
9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I don't think he's hopeless, some posters tend to swing to and from extremes, but I wouldn't miss him as things stand and especially next season when we have a full summer to recruit and Dhanda arriving. 

I  feel the same way about the Hoff tbh.

Both are ok.

We’ve not made any comment about Dhanda at all, about signing him now or in a pre-contract.

If Fraser is here for the long term, as his interview and personal circumstances seem to suggest, we might well have a look at Fraser without committing to Dhanda.

If we have Fraser and Grant for the ACM #10 role we might think we can pass on Dhanda and look again at a final RB solution or another striker who can start

7 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Goalkeeper
Gordon

Clark 

Right back

Lembikisa

Atkinson

Left back

Kingsley

Cochrane

Centre back

Kent

Rowles

Halkett

Sibbick

Centre mid

Baningime

Devlin

Haring

Nieuwenhoff

Grant

Fraser

Denholm

Tait

Pollock

Wingers

Vargas

Forrest

Oda

McKay

Centre forwards

Shankland

Boyce

Tagawa

Have reservations over the contributions we can expect from Sibbick and Tagawa but from a full squad I feel having just two there that I can't trust is a massive improvement on previous squads. 

Like the look of how we are setting up heading on to next season and a new deal for Craigy and Beni would be absolutely fantastic. 

14 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Centre forwards

Shankland

Boyce

Tagawa

One more injury away from disaster

Edited by Serge

1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

Very surprised at your view on Hoff. He’s already improving game on game and had a superb and influential 2nd half last Saturday. He’s clearly got ability, the way he receives a pass and moves the ball is evidence of this not to mention a terrific goal to get us back in the game against Dundee. People within the club think he’ll be a top player for us. Think you’ll be happy with him in due course. 

Yep I think he gets better every week. Thing is if he does have a bad game he'll no doubt be hounded as he was another one written off after only a few games because he wasn't a world beater.

One thing I think might skew some folk's opinion is that he doesn't really look like a footballer if that makes sense. Doesn't really have a footballers build and his technique and running style looks slightly unorthodox. It makes no difference to his ability of course but something I've picked up on, could be wrong. 

His close control is very good and can carry the ball quite well. Also does the the simple things right which I like.  He's nowhere near the finished article but at 22, he's going in the right direction IMO.

Gregski51
16 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Goalkeeper
Gordon

Clark 

Right back

Lembikisa

Atkinson

Left back

Kingsley

Cochrane

Centre back

Kent

Rowles

Halkett

Sibbick

Centre mid

Baningime

Devlin

Haring

Nieuwenhoff

Grant

Fraser

Denholm

Tait

Pollock

Wingers

Vargas

Forrest

Oda

McKay

Centre forwards

Shankland

Boyce

Tagawa

My issue here is the fact that Boyce is injured and Tagawa hasn't shown much thus far. I'd be happier if we had another option up front. Relying heavily on Shankland atm. Hopefully we can keep him and he stays fit. 

2 minutes ago, Serge said:

One more injury away from disaster

Yep, if Shankland isn't available and Boyce continues to be injured, we're not just looking at losing our top scorer and best player, we're looking at the ball no longer sticking up front. I'm a bit surprised and disappointed we're not after another striker.

RustyRightPeg
44 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Grant is hopeless.

Easily replaced.

Cheers. 

Lossiemouth Jambo

If Van Veen is available then get him in - third guaranteed and perhaps even keep the OF on their toes... We have to play them 4 times still !

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We’ve not made any comment about Dhanda at all, about signing him now or in a pre-contract.

If Fraser is here for the long term, as his interview and personal circumstances seem to suggest, we might well have a look at Fraser without committing to Dhanda.

If we have Fraser and Grant for the ACM #10 role we might think we can pass on Dhanda and look again at a final RB solution or another striker who can start

Dhanda and Fraser. 

Squad game, 

Beni might leave, Haring will leave and Halliday has left.

Grant and Hoff to stay?

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Gregski51 said:

My issue here is the fact that Boyce is injured and Tagawa hasn't shown much thus far. I'd be happier if we had another option up front. Relying heavily on Shankland atm. Hopefully we can keep him and he stays fit. 

Boyce is back training. 

Jamboscanbevicius

I want more… but not before the deadline!

All about contracts now IMO and the deadline doesn’t apply to that.

Hopefully extend: Gordon, Beni and 🙏 Shankland

Pre-contacts with: Dhanda (tbc), Penrice, Phillips, and Baccus.

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

So Grant’s literally just started playing well in his favoured #10 position just behind Shanks and you’re moving him deeper into the position we’ve just brought Fraser in to play? 

I'm saying I think Grant COULD dictate play well from deep with an attacking midfielder in front of him. I had assumed based off the comments of Charlton fans that Fraser was better playing a bit further forward. Basically think what Snodgrass did well for us initially but with the advantage of still having a working set of legs. Personally I'd like to see us utilise a 4-3-3 with Beni sitting deeper but for some reason we never do it.

Victorian

FAO Dross County and the Adams weirdo,

Geez Dhanda now.  Take the few crumbs on offer.  Bugger off to the lower leagues,  more befitting of your club.  

👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Vargas is a centre forward for me, if Shankland was missing he assumes the role.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

Goalkeeper
Gordon

Clark 

Right back

Lembikisa

Atkinson

Left back

Kingsley

Cochrane

Centre back

Kent

Rowles

Halkett

Sibbick

Centre mid

Baningime

Devlin

Haring

Nieuwenhoff

Grant

Fraser

Denholm

Tait

Pollock

Wingers

Vargas

Forrest

Oda

McKay

Centre forwards

Shankland

Boyce

Tagawa

Vargas not a winger IMO. Much more effective through the middle 

HopeDiouf
1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Vargas is a centre forward for me, if Shankland was missing he assumes the role.

agree, but currently lacks a bit of the physical strength to play it alone, IMO.  In an ideal world, if we were adding 1 more, it'd be a backup striker option for me

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

100%

Not in any way shape or form wanting this to happen but I am surprised the Scottish media hasn’t linked Cochrane to the ugly sisters. 

8 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Issue for me is that they're very different players. If Shanks god forbid couldn't play, you ideally don't want to be changing the style of play so radically. Like with Vargas, I wouldn't expect the ball to stick with him, he's a running in behind kind of striker. 

Never Let Them Forget

Allan Campbell on the move would be an ideal replacement for Beni if he doesn’t renew. QPR, Rotherham and Aberdeen linked with loan moves for him.

Batistuta87
32 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Dhanda and Fraser. 

Squad game, 

Beni might leave, Haring will leave and Halliday has left.

Grant and Hoff to stay?

100% this. 

Even if it's just on loan for the rest of the season and we keep him from going somewhere where he can damage us! 

If Shankland goes today (which I don't think he will) then he HAS to be his replacement. 

Batistuta87
16 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Yip 👍🏻

gnasher75

Hearts turn down an offer from Fleetwood for Sibbick according to Record.  Hopefully they come back with a better offer.

Felix Lighter
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

100% this. 

Even if it's just on loan for the rest of the season and we keep him from going somewhere where he can damage us! 

If Shankland goes today (which I don't think he will) then he HAS to be his replacement. 

I assume you mean KVV. If so, spot on I think. If he's available then it'd be a mistake to over look him imo.

Batistuta87
2 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

I assume you mean KVV. If so, spot on I think. If he's available then it'd be a mistake to over look him imo.

Yes KVV. 

If Shankland goes he's the only replacement. 

Felix Lighter
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yes KVV. 

Yeah, if it was a straight choice between KVV and the celtic boy for last seasons POTY then VV should have have got it. 

3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yes KVV. 

I like him as a replacement but to say he’d be the only one is a stretch I think. Plenty other forwards out there who we could invest the money in no?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***